Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,085 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology (877616 Views)

Ultrasound Machine Training On Obstetrics Pregnancy & Pelvic Scan in 2016 / Questions And Answers In Obstetrics, Gynaecology And Reproductive Health Issues / Re: Doctor In The House:obstetrics And Gynecology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by phatgirl(f): 2:56pm On Jan 24, 2008
Hi
Please i need your help concerning my sister She is married for 2 years now without any issue.She went for fertility test with her husband.The test revealed she is ok but her hubby's sperm count is 17million with bacterial infection of staph aureus.Please what is the next step? Do u av any fertility doc u acan recommend based in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by nwauwa(m): 4:53pm On Jan 24, 2008
No question doctor
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by cyonujemen(m): 3:31pm On Jan 25, 2008
Phatgirl, u saw ur post where u recommended BREEZE AT INTERVIEW to someone. Pls where can l get it. ur response will be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:46am On Jan 26, 2008
@ufobabe
I really wish I could help but I can't. However, any changes in the menstrual cycle may be caused by hormonal imbalance. There is also the possibility that your friend has several things going on at the same time
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:51am On Jan 26, 2008
phatgirl:

Hi
Please i need your help concerning my sister She is married for 2 years now without any issue.She went for fertility test with her husband.The test revealed she is ok but her hubby's sperm count is 17million with bacterial infection of staph aureus.Please what is the next step? Do u av any fertility doc u acan recommend based in Nigeria

HI,
Your brother in law has a low sperm count. There are certain behaviors such as wearing loose fitting cloths that are thought to increase the sperm count however what your sister may need is ICSI. This is when they take a single sperm and inject it directly into the egg. I am sure there are great fertility doctors in Nigeria however, I am based in NY
Good luck
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:53am On Jan 26, 2008
nwa-uwa:

Hi Doc, please I have two questions, when is the right time for me to take in and have a boy. 2) What do u think of aphrodisiacs. Hala me soon because my guy is getting impatient. sad
There is a belief that if you have sex on the same day as you ovulate, you will have a boy because the Y chromosome is lighter so these sperm get to the egg first, however, they die quickly so if you have sex a few days before ovulation, the likelihood is that the surviving sperm carry the X chromosome resulting in a girl. As for aphrodisiacs, to each his/her own. Good luck
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ACL(m): 6:02pm On Jan 27, 2008
-------
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 3:31am On Jan 28, 2008
@ ACL
I have a quick question to ask. How much do you weigh and have you experienced any significant weight change over the past year?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by soapdish(f): 12:55pm On Jan 28, 2008
Hi Kathy,

Please, I will like to know how fertilty drugs work and if it has any after effects especially if one ovulates normally?.

Thanks
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by question(m): 1:28pm On Jan 28, 2008
kathyekiti:

You need to figure out your menstrual cycle.  A woman's first day of menses is 14 days from the day of ovulation and the egg is only around for 24 hrs.  If you are having sex everyday after ovulation you are just engaging in cardiovascular exercises which will NOT improve your chances of pregnancy.  Start a menstrual calendar so you have an idea when you ovulate.  Also make sure that you are taking a vitamin with at least 0.4mg of folic acid.  Last but not least, take heart.  Most miscarriages are due to genetics and are very common.  Good luck
Kathy, talking about early recurrent miscarriages, is there a way to identify difference between a 1 to 2 weeks miscarriage and a normal menstrual cycle?
How early, after ovulation, should a lady do a pregnacy test
What do you think about karotyping the menstrual discharge?
The reason for these questions is to identify the cause of infertility (due to early recurrent miscarriages).
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by ACL(m): 9:02pm On Jan 28, 2008
-------
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 5:42am On Jan 31, 2008
@ soapdish
If you use a fertility drug such as clomid, you are at higher risk of having multiple gestations. If you are lucky, it will only be twins or triplets, IF. It can also lead to a condition called ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome which can be deadly involving thickening of the blood, increased blood clots, large ovarian cysts and exquisite pain
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 5:44am On Jan 31, 2008
@ACL
I think you need to lose weight in a healthy fashion. Not by crash dieting but by lifestyle changes. You will be surprised how much a 5kg loss will affect your menses
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 5:48am On Jan 31, 2008
question:

Kathy, talking about early recurrent miscarriages, is there a way to identify difference between a 1 to 2 weeks miscarriage and a normal menstrual cycle?
How early, after ovulation, should a lady do a pregnacy test
What do you think about karotyping the menstrual discharge?
The reason for these questions is to identify the cause of infertility (due to early recurrent miscarriages).
1. Take a pregnancy test, it will be positive
2. Approximately two weeks. Tests are getting increasingly sensitive
3. What are you trying to get from the karyotype of the menstrual flow?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Balogun(m): 12:36pm On Jan 31, 2008
Kathyekiti. What can I say. You are a God send for all the ObGyn problems. I haven't been on line for sometime. Unfortunately on calls, lecturing medical students + preparation is taking a lot of my time. Welcome aboard
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:11am On Feb 01, 2008
Balogun:

Kathyekiti. What can I say. You are a God send for all the ObGyn problems. I haven't been on line for sometime. Unfortunately on calls, lecturing medical students + preparation is taking a lot of my time. Welcome aboard

Thanks Doc. You inspired mesmiley I have also been receiving emails. I love the fact that I am helping my own
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Godpikin: 6:54pm On Feb 01, 2008
Hello Kathy,
I got a friend who had 3 abortions when she was in her teens. Over the years she battled with various vaginal infections, now she is 29 and ready to have a family in fact she want children like yesterday. She is been married for 2years , lives outside the country and gets to see her husband for some weeks every quarter of a year. She is 5.38 inches tall and and 171.9 lbs. Regular periods of which vary from 28 to 31 days, a doctor told her that she might have very mild endometriosis (whatever that is?) and now she taking some herbal supplement containg chasteberry , Poke wood and ladies Mantle. What can she do to improve her chances of getting pregnant as she is very desperate.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by azucar(f): 1:49am On Feb 02, 2008
what are the side affect for a young healthy women in their 30's, if they take estrogen in addition to what her body is already producing; will it be harmful in any way?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:40am On Feb 03, 2008
Godpikin:

Hello Kathy,
I got a friend who had 3 abortions when she was in her teens. Over the years she battled with various vaginal infections, now she is 29 and ready to have a family in fact she want children like yesterday. She is been married for 2years , lives outside the country and gets to see her husband for some weeks every quarter of a year. She is 5.38 inches tall and and 171.9 lbs. Regular periods of which vary from 28 to 31 days, a doctor told her that she might have very mild endometriosis (whatever that is?) and now she taking some herbal supplement containg chasteberry , Poke wood and ladies Mantle. What can she do to improve her chances of getting pregnant as she is very desperate.

First thing is a menstrual calendar in order to determine her ovulation days so she can schedule her visits home at the most opportune time. The second thing is for her to be aware that if she gets pregnant, she needs vigilant evaluation of her cervix since repeated D&Cs cause cervical incompetence and miscarriage. She should also be taking folic acid to prevent deformities in the baby. Good luck.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:41am On Feb 03, 2008
@ azucar
Para que? Why would the lady be taking extra hormones?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chii: 5:09pm On Feb 04, 2008
Thank Yoy doc, you are God sent.

Pleaseeeee I need urgent help on how a lady can handle herpes without infecting her partner.Also how does one handle herpes in pregnancy so that the baby wont be affected. Thanx a bunch
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:23am On Feb 05, 2008
@Chii
You can transmit the virus without having any symptoms however if you go on suppressive therapy, you cut down this risk. As for transmission to the baby, @ 36wks you will be started on valtrex to prevent an outbreak. If you have lesions, you have to deliver by cesarean
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by chii: 1:31pm On Feb 05, 2008
Thanx a mil.

Pls wats the suppressive all about and Can the newly born baby be breastfed?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 12:50am On Feb 06, 2008
suppression is based on the number of times you have an outbreak per year. YES!! The baby can be breastfed
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Zequisha(f): 2:35pm On Feb 06, 2008
You are God sent doctor. I have a question for you. Am a young woman in her early twenties. I ve had recurrent miscarriages. The last pregnancy was 12 weeks and the gyn. said it was a blighted ovum from the result of the scan. The problem now is that my menses have'nt come since then, going to 3 months now. I went to the hospital and was given primolut but this has taken no effect uptill now.
Pls doc. tell me what to do as i want see my period and get pregnant soon. The doctor also spoke on giving me fertiliy drugs as soon as i see my period. Thanks.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 6:25am On Feb 07, 2008
@zequisha
Did you have a D&C?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Zequisha(f): 12:11pm On Feb 07, 2008
Well i would not know if u are refering to an evacuation as a D &C. When the scan showed that something was wrong, the doctor said there was no other option than an evacuation or D & C like u said. Am yet the see my menses up tilll. The drug i was given at the hospitalis not working.
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by gatha(f): 12:49pm On Feb 07, 2008
Hello Doc kathy,

i''m really glad that u willingly voluteered to give medical advise.This must be a big sacrifice as im sure u must be busy n involved in other things.Its very much appreciated. God Bless u.

Well my sister has multiple uterine fibroid some of which are quite big in size .She however doesnt experience heavy bleeding, pain during sex or any other symtoms relating to fibrod expect infrequent pain which r not often or severe.She is scared of undergoin an operation as advised by a gyn she consulted like 6mths ago.i would like to know if there are any medications she can take to reduce these growth or any other alternative treatments.She is also planning on starting a family soon as she is getting married n abt 2 mths time and plans to get pregnant soon .
I really apprciate ur anticipated response. thank you
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:07am On Feb 10, 2008
Zequisha:

Well i would not know if u are refering to an evacuation as a D &C. When the scan showed that something was wrong, the doctor said there was no other option than an evacuation or D & C like u said. Am yet the see my menses up tilll. The drug i was given at the hospitalis not working.
I am not surprised that the medication that they gave you did not result in a period. When a person has a D&C, depending on how aggressive the doctor is, they may scrape down to the lowest layer. This may produce scar tissue in extreme cases. This is called asherman's syndrome. This is treated with high dose estrogen to stimulate the production of a lining. Sometimes the doctor will give a progesterone to stimulate a period but if you don't have a lining, these meds will not work. I would suggest you get an ultrasound to determine the thickness of your lining and if I am correct, start on high dose estrogen. Good luck
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by kathyekiti: 1:08am On Feb 10, 2008
gatha:

Hello Doc kathy,

i''m really glad that u willingly voluteered to give medical advise.This must be a big sacrifice as im sure u must be busy n involved in other things.Its very much appreciated. God Bless u.

Well my sister has multiple uterine fibroid some of which are quite big in size .She however doesnt experience heavy bleeding, pain during sex or any other symtoms relating to fibrod expect infrequent pain which r not often or severe.She is scared of undergoin an operation as advised by a gyn she consulted like 6mths ago.i would like to know if there are any medications she can take to reduce these growth or any other alternative treatments.She is also planning on starting a family soon as she is getting married n about 2 mths time and plans to get pregnant soon .
I really apprciate your anticipated response. thank you
quick question, how old is your sister?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by gatha(f): 8:54am On Feb 10, 2008
Hello Doc,
Thanks for the response .She will be 31yrs old in may.Why do u ask?
Re: Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology by Zequisha(f): 11:42am On Feb 11, 2008
Thanks Doc. Am going to act on that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (284) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.