Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Somalia Elects First Leader In More Than 40 Years. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Somalia Elects First Leader In More Than 40 Years. (887 Views)

President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post / Eziachi Writes: Buhari, Nigerian First Leader? / APC Woman Leader In Lagos West Allegedly Caught With Election Materials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Somalia Elects First Leader In More Than 40 Years. by somalia3: 7:51pm On Sep 11, 2012
THE SOMALI PARLIAMENT HAS ELECTED A LEADER. AN EDUCATED MAN. WE NOW HAVE A FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AND NOT A TRANSITIONAL GOVERNMENT.

Hassan Sheikh Mohamud is an academic as well as a civic activist who has worked for several national and international peace and development organisations.
He graduated from the Somali National University in 1981 and went on to study in India, where he obtained a master’s degree from Bhopal University.
Sheikh Mohamud worked for the United Nations children’s organisation Unicef as an education officer in south and central Somalia for two years , until the departure of UN peacekeepers in Somalia in 1995.
He co-founded the Somali Institute of Management and Administration Development in Mogadishu, which later evolved into Simad University.
In 2011, he founded the Peace and Development Party and is currently serving as its chairman. He speaks Somali and English.

Re: Somalia Elects First Leader In More Than 40 Years. by BlackKenichi(m): 10:11pm On Sep 11, 2012
Well done. Hopefully Somalia can finally get it's s**t together.
"Bantu" soldiers have done a fine job! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Somalia Elects First Leader In More Than 40 Years. by Tolaaaaannni(f): 10:51pm On Sep 11, 2012
I can't believe i'm saying this but I wish the Garr.i People were here. This is the appropriate thread to ask the garr.i

question. cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Somalia Elects First Leader In More Than 40 Years. by somalia3: 11:21pm On Sep 11, 2012
bantu soldiers have died like flies, several hundred killed. lol
Re: Somalia Elects First Leader In More Than 40 Years. by ArQueBusieR(m): 12:41am On Sep 12, 2012
somalia3: bantu soldiers have died like flies, several hundred killed. lol
You have the brain of a fly. Lunatic.

2 Likes

Re: Somalia Elects First Leader In More Than 40 Years. by ACM10: 12:56am On Sep 12, 2012
Congrats to Somalis. I hope that he will be acceptable to all including Al-shabab and breakaway regions. We long to see peace reign in that part of the world
Re: Somalia Elects First Leader In More Than 40 Years. by somalia3: 8:37am On Sep 12, 2012
ACM10: Congrats to Somalis. I hope that he will be acceptable to all including Al-shabab and breakaway regions. We long to see peace reign in that part of the world

no breakaway regions...they are all technically part of somalia...they are just autonomous...and not internationally recognized...
Re: Somalia Elects First Leader In More Than 40 Years. by maclatunji: 9:05am On Sep 12, 2012
somalia3: bantu soldiers have died like flies, several hundred killed. lol

Excuse me, are you high on ignorance or something?
Re: Somalia Elects First Leader In More Than 40 Years. by jmaine: 9:10am On Sep 12, 2012
maclatunji:

Excuse me, are you high on ignorance or something?

You should know the unique signature of the resident somali clown on nairaland . . .forgoten all his previous user names . . .
Re: Somalia Elects First Leader In More Than 40 Years. by ACM10: 9:42am On Sep 12, 2012
somalia3:

no breakaway regions...they are all technically part of somalia...they are just autonomous...and not internationally recognized...

Somaliland and Puntland are breakaway regions of Somalia. They have their own functional legal system, currency and military and are currently seeking for international recognition. War might breakout in Somalia if the Somali military tries to bring them back to the fold by force.
Re: Somalia Elects First Leader In More Than 40 Years. by somalia5: 8:29pm On Sep 12, 2012
somaliland seeks recognition. but its more political and the people want to be part of somalia. the politicians hve their own agenda...puntland is autonomous....

i hate when people tell me about my own countries internal affairs when i watch and read the news on somalia everyday for the last 10 years.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is ACN Lossing In Recent Times? / Imagine If The Yorubas & Igbos Teamed Up / “we Now Have Area Boys, Yahoo Boys And Blackberry Boys” – OBJ Warns GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.