Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,557 members, 7,955,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:04 PM

US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack - Foreign Affairs (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack (27903 Views)

James US Ambassador Killed Over Film Of Prophet Mohammed / US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack Over Anti-islamic Video. / US Ambassador Killed in Libya as Muslims go on a rampage for insulting ISLAM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by ismhab(m): 10:12am On Sep 13, 2012
esn1:

You are an extremist. mschhhwwwwwwwwwwwwwwee. why dont you take your grudge to the producers? I have friends who are muslims but it baffles me that some are different from others.
Did u really understand what i wrote? U should read it again, or are u having F9 in English language? Did u really attend school? If yes, let them refund your money, if no, it is ok.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by White007(m): 10:16am On Sep 13, 2012
Is the Arab spring turning to an Islamist Winter?

2 Likes

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by maclatunji: 10:18am On Sep 13, 2012
White007: Is the Arab spring turning to an Islamist Winter?

Why not Arab Winter?

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by crown777(m): 10:27am On Sep 13, 2012
"Don't let anyone make you think that God chose America as his divine mesianic force to be the police man of the whole world. I can hear God saying to America that you are too arrogant, and if you don't change your ways I'll rise up and break the backbone of your power, and place it in the hands of a nation that doesn't even know my name." - Martin Luther King

2 Likes

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Builder: 12:11pm On Sep 13, 2012
[quote author=Princek12]

How did the US abuse Libya or Libyans? The last time I checked the US stepped in to save them from being slaughtered by General Qaddafi. [/quote

This is the most ignorant statement i have read since i was born

2 Likes

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Builder: 12:25pm On Sep 13, 2012
igbo2011: 4 Americans die everyone goes crazy. Thousands of black African die in a genocide and no body cares. SMH

Well said my guy, but then again u think the world cares about what happens to black people?... every sept the world stands still to morn the loss of those that died during the 9/11, yet more than a million people killed in iraqi and afganstan by the americans are ignored, furthermore, the biggest lie of all time the "holocaust" myth was shove down our throat by the western media, yet they cover up the palestinian struggle. and the worlds most inhumane crime, the transatlantic stave trade has been flush down the toilet of history

3 Likes

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by angelofpeaceco(m): 12:30pm On Sep 13, 2012
In as much as it is sad dat innocent christians and jews will be victims of ds protest, It's high time jews christian folks start respecting other ppl's religion and sanctity. After all, it takes two to tangle, if u don't commit blasphemy no one will attack u just like dat. Why should u act a movie dat insults other ppl's religion knowing dat religion is a sensitive issue.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Sagamite(m): 1:22pm On Sep 13, 2012
monex:

Sagamite, please repeat what you said about ideology to these peeps.

cos i cant understand how one would relate KKK, KGB, IRA to christian extremism.

You would soon start seeing fucktards relating pollution of Niger Delta rivers by big western oil firms to christian extremism! undecided

A person came here to relate an incidence in 1979 to another in 2001 and fellow cretins applauded him.

FCK DEMOCRACY!

ABSOLUTELY FCK IT!

FCK THE CONCEPT OF ONE MAN, ONE VOTE!

What a moronic concept!
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Katsumoto: 1:49pm On Sep 13, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Katz,

I didn't think I would ever hear such a response coming from you.

The word "terrorist" is a loose and fluid term. What is a terrorist group to the West may be a resistance group in the minds of Middle Easterns. What Middle Easterns call terrorists may be called global corporations in the West. However, there are popular opinion in both West and Middle East on what Al Qaida stand for and overwhelmingly both agree AQ is terror.

There were certain rulers in Middle East reputedly anti-al Qaida and succeeded in their goal to drive AQ out of their territory. They are:

1. Saddam - he was ferrocious against AQ.
2. Ghadaffi - he hunted them down and banned them anywhere in Libya.
3. Islamic rulers of Iran - AQ dare not go near them or operate openly on that soil.
4. Bashir Al Assad and his father - the father exiled them from his soil and the son had continued that legacy.

These leders and their societies are the same ones that American policy has targeted for extermination.

Sudan suppots AQ, Pakistan shields them, They are still in Afghanistan, Bahrain funds them, their field operations on 9/11 came out of Saudi.

Is there any reson US is tolerating AQ sponsors and going after the regimes that want to kill everything and anything that look, smell or taste like al Qaida? Is there somethig else about al Qaida and America that needs to be exposed?

In the aftermath of Saddam, Ghadaffi.....al Qaida now control and operate in more Middle Eastern territories than it did when those two were alive.

Negro,

I don't apply the approach of using past actions to analyse. Thank you for the points about Al qaeda but my post had nothing to do with that group. Ghadaffi was involved in blowing up the Pan-am aircraft in lockerbie in 1988 and many terrorist groups operated from inside Libya. That was my reason for linking Ghadaffi with terrorism; regardless of what terrorism is called in different places, blowing up a plane with people in it is terrorism.

Like I have said previously, the US is not an angel but I do not belong to the school of thought that once a sinner, always the sinner. You may sin throughout your life but that doesn't mean you are guilty of every freaking sin. The authorities find a serial rapist and convict him. He goes to prison, serves his time, and is released afterwards. Does it mean, no one committed rape while he was in prison? Does it mean that all rapes committed after he was released were committed by him? He will always be under suspicion but that doesn't mean he is always guilty. I hope you understand my analogy.

Yes, America was the devil in going to Iraq but that doesn't necessarily mean that America is responsible for the Arab spring. We all witnessed how the arab spring started with Bouaziz's self-imolation in Tunisia and spread to other countries. I suppose the argument from most is that America planted the man in Tunisia and forced him to harm himself. Never mind the human rights violations, poverty, unemployment, extravagance of officials & rulers, global downturn, iranian protests, etc. I guess you can blame all those problems on the US.

The US is guilty of looking after its interests but it isn't guilty of the arab spring. Linking the US to the revolutions in Syria, Libya, Egypt, etc is just plain lazy analyses.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by prettyboi1(m): 2:07pm On Sep 13, 2012
snydergp: Thank you to those who carried out those attacts I'm glad that Americans are feeling the same pain as we africans do when they bombed a soveirgn african nation. They lied in the UN security council and then went ahead to bomb Libya.

The U.S and those french chickens should know that there will be consiquences for killing african leaders on african soil nomather how bad the leaders where.

I will reward anyone who can take out that stupid bastard Bush he must also die a slow death.

By the way im not a religious fanatic just an anti imperialist and zionist

DEATH UPON THY INVADERS.

I support you a 100% & I also pray that the u.s. & particularly the former French president Nicolas Sarkozy get a taste of their own wicked & selfish acts for what they did to Libya & particularly Gaddafi in a million folds. In Jesus name. Amen.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Katsumoto: 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2012
Ola one:
lol grin
You must be a lawyer.

"Ola, don't don't just dig up articles, the language must also be 'clear and unambiguous'." Oga, abeg free me oo tongue

So, if Ola manages to dig up articles, how will Ola be able to satisfy the 'clear and unambiguous' criterion when this criterion can and is definitely subjective?

Clear and unambiguous can never be subjective.

When you dig up an article that states that western corporations were unhappy with the 40%/50% of X because they wanted 70%/80% of X, then the follow up article that proves that the Western nations got what they wanted will show that they NOW receive 70%/80% of X instead of the 40% they received under Ghadaffi. Simples

When you can provide such articles from respected publications (like some of those provided by Shymexx), then I will accept that the US went to Libya for oil (still not accepting the US is responsible for the arab spring).
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by prettyboi1(m): 2:17pm On Sep 13, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Katz,

I didn't think I would ever hear such a response coming from you.

The word "terrorist" is a loose and fluid term. What is a terrorist group to the West may be a resistance group in the minds of Middle Easterns. What Middle Easterns call terrorists may be called global corporations in the West. However, there are popular opinion in both West and Middle East on what Al Qaida stand for and overwhelmingly both agree AQ is terror.

There were certain rulers in Middle East reputedly anti-al Qaida and succeeded in their goal to drive AQ out of their territory. They are:

1. Saddam - he was ferrocious against AQ.
2. Ghadaffi - he hunted them down and banned them anywhere in Libya.
3. Islamic rulers of Iran - AQ dare not go near them or operate openly on that soil.
4. Bashir Al Assad and his father - the father exiled them from his soil and the son had continued that legacy.

These leders and their societies are the same ones that American policy has targeted for extermination.

Sudan suppots AQ, Pakistan shields them, They are still in Afghanistan, Bahrain funds them, their field operations on 9/11 came out of Saudi.

Is there any reson US is tolerating AQ sponsors and going after the regimes that want to kill everything and anything that look, smell or taste like al Qaida? Is there somethig else about al Qaida and America that needs to be exposed?

In the aftermath of Saddam, Ghadaffi.....al Qaida now control and operate in more Middle Eastern territories than it did when those two were alive.

This is Another brilliant post.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Sagamite(m): 2:31pm On Sep 13, 2012
pretty_boi:

I support you a 100% & I also pray that the u.s. & particularly the former French president Nicolas Sarkozy get a taste of their own wicked & selfish acts for what they did to Libya & particularly Gaddafi in a million folds. In Jesus name. Amen.

No, they won't.

Jesus is on their side. They merely helped Jesus ensure Gaddafi get a taste of his wicked and selfish acts towards his people.

He got the beating and torture of his life for the same acts he did to others. He deserved more than that but the anger of his people was too much they zealously took his miserable life too early.

Sarkozy, Cameron and Obama are all likely to end up living in relative opulence and wealth in their retirement until their death while also being board members and advisers to the world's biggest firms, making hundreds to millions of dollars annually, till their old age.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by TerryCarr(m): 2:36pm On Sep 13, 2012
Builder:

Well said my guy, but then again u think the world cares about what happens to black people?... every sept the world stands still to morn the loss of those that died during the 9/11, yet more than a million people killed in iraqi and afganstan by the americans are ignored, furthermore, the biggest lie of all time the "holocaust" myth was shove down our throat by the western media, yet they cover up the palestinian struggle. and the worlds most inhumane crime, the transatlantic stave trade has been flush down the toilet of history
Rwanda was a myth to for the Tutsi to get power and invade the Congo(twice). now you know how stupid that sounds? and the Palestinians are treated like dogs in the Arab nations as well.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by prettyboi1(m): 2:36pm On Sep 13, 2012
mickjagger: The West is being led by idiots-either that or it's an evil, deliberate plan to instigate World War:-

1. Why is the West supporting Al-Qaeda / Muslim brotherhood to overthrow governments in Syria, Lebanon, Tunisia, Libya and Egypt? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/8407047/Libyan-rebel-commander-admits-his-fighters-have-al-Qaeda-links.html

2. The US is in debt to the tune of 16 Trillion dollars. The Eurozone to the tune of 10Trillion Dollars. The world is going to hell in a handcart and these fools do not know what to do.

3.Iran is another high priority for "regime change". First, is has the 4th biggest reserves, and second, it has a nuclear programme. For this reason the Israelis want to and will strike Iran, but are being held back by the West while it's election season in the US. This is why the head of MI6 was sent to talk to Netanyahu this week. Worst of all, from an American perspective, is that Tehran has set up its own oil bourse and is selling its oil in denominations other than USD, especially to its biggest customer, China.

So regime change here seems easy to predict, but it's more complex than that because Ahmedinejad is no fool. Tehran has given over large swathes of Iranian oil fields to the Chinese who are investing billions in them and have essentially made them Chinese zones. They can and do move Chinese military in and out of them and Beijing has stated that any attack on them will be considered an attack on Chinese sovereign territory.

4. This will not end well.

I love people who talk with facts & know exactly what they are saying & not just following mainstream news & all the media says. The u.s. is absolutely power-drunk,corrupt,wicked,selfish & most of all a big poke-noser. Bob Marley said "you can fool the people sometimes but you can't fool everyone everytime." I'm just glad that some of us see beyond the big lies of the west. Although last year,when Libya & Gaddafi were being attacked,I was looking for more people who could see through the western lies & it seemed we were very very very very few but now I see a lot of people now know that u.s. is the devil & not Gaddafi or the so-called middle-east.

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by prettyboi1(m): 2:41pm On Sep 13, 2012
360command: I dey happy say dem kill d US AMBASSADOR to Libya.na this same US with the british dey cos confusion.na dem dey dictate africa economy.na dem dey give out arms to african child wey dem dey call dem child soldiers.na dem wey talk say iraq get nuclear kan still invade d country killing d innocent,yet dem no still find nuclear. na dem dey collect our oil,gold,diamond everything. US dey act like they are friends to everyone but they are not.na dem b d enemies.

Na so.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by crown777(m): 3:15pm On Sep 13, 2012
"Don't let anyone make you think that God chose America as his divine mesianic force to be the police man of the whole world. I can hear God saying to America that you are too arrogant, and if you don't change your ways I'll rise up and break the backbone of your power, and place it in the hands of a nation that doesn't even know my name." - Martin Luther King

Katsumoto:

Negro,

I don't apply the approach of using past actions to analyse. Thank you for the points about Al qaeda but my post had nothing to do with that group. Ghadaffi was involved in blowing up the Pan-am aircraft in lockerbie in 1988 and many terrorist groups operated from inside Libya. That was my reason for linking Ghadaffi with terrorism; regardless of what terrorism is called in different places, blowing up a plane with people in it is terrorism.

Like I have said previously, the US is not an angel but I do not belong to the school of thought that once a sinner, always the sinner. You may sin throughout your life but that doesn't mean you are guilty of every freaking sin. The authorities find a serial rapist and convict him. He goes to prison, serves his time, and is released afterwards. Does it mean, no one committed rape while he was in prison? Does it mean that all rapes committed after he was released were committed by him? He will always be under suspicion but that doesn't mean he is always guilty. I hope you understand my analogy.

Yes, America was the devil in going to Iraq but that doesn't necessarily mean that America is responsible for the Arab spring. We all witnessed how the arab spring started with Bouaziz's self-imolation in Tunisia and spread to other countries. I suppose the argument from most is that America planted the man in Tunisia and forced him to harm himself. Never mind the human rights violations, poverty, unemployment, extravagance of officials & rulers, global downturn, iranian protests, etc. I guess you can blame all those problems on the US.

The US is guilty of looking after its interests but it isn't guilty of the arab spring. Linking the US to the revolutions in Syria, Libya, Egypt, etc is just plain lazy analyses.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by bobbydbobo: 4:05pm On Sep 13, 2012
First I must say that I rspect many few posts I have seen on this thread and also have seen how shallow some people reason all in the name of support for Religion whether it has done something right or wrong. If for a Movie, a religion can go all violent to the point of attacking an embassy, then such religion tells much of themself. Recently in this same America, a movie known as Corpus Christi was produced which portrayed Jesus christ as an Homosexual. The Christians, like Civilised humans spread the news and the need for people to kick against its watch and spread through electronic and print media and also through social networks which worked most, I can tell u that to a large extent , this movie didn't see the light of day, or let me say didn't go far, is such a religion a weak religion? Aren't they more Humane? they subscribe to world peace, non violence and they got what they wanted through this exemplar attitude.
In as much as I won't hold brief for America, illd also like to point out as a student of International relations and as a realist, that an attack on an ambassador of a nation is like an attack on the nation or the President himself. As an ambassador represents the President and the Nation in totality in another nation,.So tell me, if ur President is in another country and is attacked and Killed by mistake,(God forbid), nd u as a nation is apologised to that it was a mistake, would such act be swept under the carpet. All I hope for is that the Ultima Ratio doesn't come in if Diplomacy fails. As a nation, if such acts are taken without seriousness, it portrays u weak and powerless which opens u up for other molestations and perhaps rape by other nations. Even if it won't result to war, Gun boat tactic is essential. Nd remember, the United states are worthy of their Power and yes can use it anytime, its Nature, live with it.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Katsumoto: 4:29pm On Sep 13, 2012
crown777: "Don't let anyone make you think that God chose America as his divine mesianic force to be the police man of the whole world. I can hear God saying to America that you are too arrogant, and if you don't change your ways I'll rise up and break the backbone of your power, and place it in the hands of a nation that doesn't even know my name." - Martin Luther King

What is your point? And how does it address that post in particular?
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by panafrican(m): 4:53pm On Sep 13, 2012
This film on youtube was re-activated by people who are seeking trouble. It is a well-planned
conspiracy to generate chaos all over the world. Maybe the film was made by radical muslims themselves.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by DuduNegro: 6:23pm On Sep 13, 2012
....it is very amusing to watch this episode unfold in the American news.

The media is shifting away from the knowledge that this is spiked by the movie and leaning instead towards a connection with 9/11 and terror. This will hinge on hatred for American values and its democracy. Anti-American sentiments! In other words, terrorism is still out there and America must not sleep, abroad or at home......collectively our sense of patriotism need a renewal. We are one and must present a unified voice!

Not too long ago a black American was gunned down by 6 white policemen. They pumped a total of 46 bullets into him. They were still shooting bullets into his body even after he was dead. The policemen were tried and yesterday the news reported that they were freed....they did nothing wrong.

How can America teach morals and justice to other countries when at home it fails to uphold justice to all? These white American policemen and the ones before them who over times in the past have terrorized their fellow black Americans with beatings, lynchings, death, torture, maiming, whether on the streets of NY or LA, Chicago or Atlanta, Tulsa or Carolina........how arw these policemen different from the Saddams, the Ghadaffis of the world?

Before sending marines to exact justice on foreign soil....America ought first to exact justice on its own soil for a man murdered by 6 white men in police uniform firing 46 bullets to extinguish his life. Nobody takes America serious around the world anymore. ....pretty soon, nobody will fear the American might and when that day comes America will be vulnerable to more attacks than was witnessed in Libya.

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Katsumoto: 6:34pm On Sep 13, 2012
Dudu_Negro: ....it is very amusing to watch this episode unfold in the American news.

The media is shifting away from the knowledge that this is spiked by the movie and leaning instead towards a connection with 9/11 and terror. This will hinge on hatred for American values and its democracy. Anti-American sentiments! In other words, terrorism is still out there and America must not sleep, abroad or at home......collectively our sense of patriotism need a renewal. We are one and must present a unified voice!

Not too long ago a black American was gunned down by 6 white policemen. They pumped a total of 46 bullets into him. They were still shooting bullets into his body even after he was dead. The policemen were tried and yesterday the news reported that they were freed....they did nothing wrong.

How can America teach morals and justice to other countries when at home it fails to uphold justice to all? These white American policemen and the ones before them who over times in the past have terrorized their fellow black Americans with beatings, lynchings, death, torture, maiming, whether on the streets of NY or LA, Chicago or Atlanta, Tulsa or Carolina........how arw these policemen different from the Saddams, the Ghadaffis of the world?

Before sending marines to exact justice on foreign soil....America ought first to exact justice on its own soil for a man murdered by 6 white men in police uniform firing 46 bullets to extinguish his life. Nobody takes America serious around the world anymore. ....pretty soon, nobody will fear the American might and when that day comes America will be vulnerable to more attacks than was witnessed in Libya.

Military might and political power is tied to economic muscle.

The US is on the way down; this is a normal and natural evolution and transition of power.

There is a lot of injustice everywhere; America is not excluded. That is a shameful outcome (the 6 cops).

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 13, 2012
Dudu_Negro: ....it is very amusing to watch this episode unfold in the American news.

Perfect analysis.

The American media can really turn white to red.

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by NegroNtns(m): 8:44pm On Sep 13, 2012
Katsumoto:

Negro,

Katz,

In an unrelated post, remarking on the utility of toll gate to generate revenue and relevance, I mentioned that democracy has a shadow. The shadow I meant is capitalism. Capitalism in turn has its own shadow and it is terrorism. You cannot grow and sustain a capitalist economy without some level of cold calculations and ruthlessness that defies the ethos and theos of society. Once that boundary is defined then an ideological divide exists. I shouldn't even be saying this to you because I know you enough that I believe there is nothing in this new to you........but there is need also for clarity, especially if our analysis must address the root of the problem. If Im notorious for revisiting past in my analytical approach its because I adhere strongly to the primary essence of relativity - "cause and effect". .........no root cause analysis of any event can be completed without considering chronological markers (the past, present and future).

Ghaddafi did not just wake up and declared sponsorship for the PanAm hijack. Matter of fact he also played a part in the episode of an hijacked plane that took Israeli hostages in Entebbe, Uganda. In all of these , there are interests and counter interests. The accuser is no less guilty of atrocity and terrorism than the accused. Unfortunately innocent bystanders are collaterals in the ideological wars.

We can bring this home and use the case of Ken Saro Wiwa and the Niger Delta militants to illustrate how global terrorism and global capitalism go together. There is no doubt that foreign oil corporations in the delta have terrorized the land and the people for ages. The people have a right to demand justice and if denied they have right to form a resistance movement. Why was Ken and some other members of his people hanged? It will be naive to say the corporations did not influence that outcome. So who really is a terrorist, the corporations or the people demanding fairness and protection of their land?

In 60s America, Martin Luther King and Malcom X were both declared terrorists by a system that oppressed and preyed on them. Mandela was a terrorist. Yet Bush 43, Rumsfeld, Cheney.......for all their atrocities in Iraq are not labeled terrorists..

I like where you said miltary might and political power is tied to economic muscle. I dont believe we will ever accomplish a balanced distribution of might, power and muscle around the globe. What cannot be denied is justice! For every might, power and muscle that America flexes around the world, there is an opposing response by people and societies who continue to value and uphold their ethos and theos. These responses often is an outburst that flashes into chaos and anti-Americanism. There are societies whose will and consciousness of who they are is long lost and they no longer are living their own philosophies. These societies are already alloyed and less resistant to American ideology. These are the a,b and c societies. Overthrowing their government earns kisses for the Americans. Then there is the x, y and z societies.......overthrowing their governments earns guns and bullets and RPGs for Americans. US has been in this business of democratizing the world very long and know the difference but yet keep daring and provoking sentiments. Theres only explanation for their persistence.........a global domination under one government and economy. To accomplish that they need to do away with competition.

They will not directly attack Russia or China but by acquiring control of resources in certain landmarks on the globe they can successfully weaken and eliminate competition from Russia or China and dominate on them to install a one government. They experimented with that strategy and got a successful outcome in the dissolution of USSR.

So the existence of terrorism the way it is now focused in middle East is a viable tool and resource for future expansion of American might, power and muscle. I do not believe they instigated Arab spring but I believe they reviewed the USSR war in Afghanistan and the aftermath events and identified new roles for fighters like taliban and alqaida.

Think about the Israeli - Palestinian war. If you end that war today then Israel will not be in the news so much, it will not be in our conscience and will slowly go into irrelevance. To remain relevant the war must be kept alive.

Ive talked too much, I will shut up for today.

2 Likes

Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Katsumoto: 9:02pm On Sep 13, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I can not disagree with most of that.

But I want to comment on Capitalism.

I believe in capitalism because it ultimately lifts many out of poverty. Many examples can be found in the Asian economies.

But Capitalism like everything has its negatives, especially when taken to the extreme. So that is why I believe that Capitalism should be regulated by governments. It is for that line of thought that corporations are lining up behind Romney to fight Obama.

My ideal model of Capitalism can be found in Scandinavia where there societies have social safety nets and do not pursue wealth at all costs like the Americans do. You can have Capitalism without terrorism.

The irony of Capitalism is that it has weakened the US economically. By pursuing growth and profit at all costs, the US transferred its wealth to Asia. And that is where my problem with Africa starts and why I don't like Afrocentric 'noise making' and constant dwelling on ancient African history.

Thanks for your post as usual.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Litmus: 11:12am On Sep 14, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

Katz,

In an unrelated post, remarking on the utility of toll gate to generate revenue and relevance, I mentioned that democracy has a shadow. The shadow I meant is capitalism. Capitalism in turn has its own shadow and it is terrorism. You cannot grow and sustain a capitalist economy without some level of cold calculations and ruthlessness that defies the ethos and theos of society. Once that boundary is defined then an ideological divide exists. I shouldn't even be saying this to you because I know you enough that I believe there is nothing in this new to you........but there is need also for clarity, especially if our analysis must address the root of the problem. If Im notorious for revisiting past in my analytical approach its because I adhere strongly to the primary essence of relativity - "cause and effect". .........no root cause analysis of any event can be completed without considering chronological markers (the past, present and future).

Ghaddafi did not just wake up and declared sponsorship for the PanAm hijack. Matter of fact he also played a part in the episode of an hijacked plane that took Israeli hostages in Entebbe, Uganda. In all of these , there are interests and counter interests. The accuser is no less guilty of atrocity and terrorism than the accused. Unfortunately innocent bystanders are collaterals in the ideological wars.

We can bring this home and use the case of Ken Saro Wiwa and the Niger Delta militants to illustrate how global terrorism and global capitalism go together. There is no doubt that foreign oil corporations in the delta have terrorized the land and the people for ages. The people have a right to demand justice and if denied they have right to form a resistance movement. Why was Ken and some other members of his people hanged? It will be naive to say the corporations did not influence that outcome. So who really is a terrorist, the corporations or the people demanding fairness and protection of their land?

In 60s America, Martin Luther King and Malcom X were both declared terrorists by a system that oppressed and preyed on them. Mandela was a terrorist. Yet Bush 43, Rumsfeld, Cheney.......for all their atrocities in Iraq are not labeled terrorists..

I like where you said miltary might and political power is tied to economic muscle. I dont believe we will ever accomplish a balanced distribution of might, power and muscle around the globe. What cannot be denied is justice! For every might, power and muscle that America flexes around the world, there is an opposing response by people and societies who continue to value and uphold their ethos and theos. These responses often is an outburst that flashes into chaos and anti-Americanism. There are societies whose will and consciousness of who they are is long lost and they no longer are living their own philosophies. These societies are already alloyed and less resistant to American ideology. These are the a,b and c societies. Overthrowing their government earns kisses for the Americans. Then there is the x, y and z societies.......overthrowing their governments earns guns and bullets and RPGs for Americans. US has been in this business of democratizing the world very long and know the difference but yet keep daring and provoking sentiments. Theres only explanation for their persistence.........a global domination under one government and economy. To accomplish that they need to do away with competition.

They will not directly attack Russia or China but by acquiring control of resources in certain landmarks on the globe they can successfully weaken and eliminate competition from Russia or China and dominate on them to install a one government. They experimented with that strategy and got a successful outcome in the dissolution of USSR.

So the existence of terrorism the way it is now focused in middle East is a viable tool and resource for future expansion of American might, power and muscle. I do not believe they instigated Arab spring but I believe they reviewed the USSR war in Afghanistan and the aftermath events and identified new roles for fighters like taliban and alqaida.

Think about the Israeli - Palestinian war. If you end that war today then Israel will not be in the news so much, it will not be in our conscience and will slowly go into irrelevance. To remain relevant the war must be kept alive.

Ive talked too much, I will shut up for today.

About the bolded. I would argue, US foreign policy is really about facilitating divergent markets. A Global State cannot sustain Capitalism. Capitalism is ultimately doomed for this reason but in the short term, the US will continue to work to enable nations willing and capable of participating in the global economy while those Nations whose long term projection looks doubtful they either ignore or push towards dissolution, these are destined as raw materials fodder to feed the appetite of capitalism.

Russia was a totalitarian State anathema to the very ideal of Capitalism. So, there we had two opposed ideologies destined for confrontation. Contemporary China,ostensibly is diversifying, i don't believe the US views China as a threat outside of China's uncertain ideology.She is welcomed at the trade table. Resource grab is futile outside of trade - this is in reference to China as a resource grabbing threat.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Olaone1: 1:42pm On Sep 14, 2012
Katsumoto:

Clear and unambiguous can never be subjective.

When you dig up an article that states that western corporations were unhappy with the 40%/50% of X because they wanted 70%/80% of X, then the follow up article that proves that the Western nations got what they wanted will show that they NOW receive 70%/80% of X instead of the 40% they received under Ghadaffi. Simples

When you can provide such articles from respected publications (like some of those provided by Shymexx), then I will accept that the US went to Libya for oil (still not accepting the US is responsible for the arab spring).

So, what, in your opinion, did they go to Libya for? To save Libyans? To save the world? To save the Arab world?
I would like to know, please.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Olaone1: 1:46pm On Sep 14, 2012
^^And, it'd be nice if you'd provide numerical details, as well
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Olaone1: 1:50pm On Sep 14, 2012
Katsumoto:

Military might and political power is tied to economic muscle.

The US is on the way down; this is a normal and natural evolution and transition of power.

There is a lot of injustice everywhere; America is not excluded. That is a shameful outcome (the 6 cops).

Care to elaborate? By providing details of how military might has helped to make the US the richest country in the world. This could help to explain why they went to Libya . . . . well, perhaps.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by panafrican(m): 5:04pm On Sep 14, 2012
Radical muslims are having good time because western leaders don't care about christians. They only worship crude oil.
It is sad that in the whole Middle East and North Africa, christians' dire life is ignored whereas jihadists are coming to power
thanks to the help they get from the West.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Katsumoto: 5:08pm On Sep 14, 2012
Ola one:

So, what, in your opinion, did they go to Libya for? To save Libyans? To save the world? To save the Arab world?
I would like to know, please.

I am assuming that by asking for my opinion, you are in fact admitting that you are unable to prove that the US has gained MORE from ousting Ghadaffi.
Re: US Ambassador Killed In Libya Consulate Attack by Katsumoto: 5:27pm On Sep 14, 2012
Ola one:

Care to elaborate? By providing details of how military might has helped to make the US the richest country in the world. This could help to explain why they went to Libya . . . . well, perhaps.

Military might has not made the US the richest in the world. The US is the richest in the world because it is the most innovative country in the world. If anything, economic strength contributes to military might. That is precisely why China is throwing its weight around these days. China can now afford to increase its spending on defense. The US uses it military might and economic strength to grab political power globally.

For all the talk of influence abroad, US exports were approximately 9% of GDP when Obama became president. It is only now that the US economy cannot rely on internal consumption that it is seeking to export more. Yes, one may argue that oil powers its industries but that argument is weakened by the fact that the US has its own oil reserves/production and also pays for imported oil at market rates. One need only look at the glut in the oil industry when the last financial crises occurred.

The USSR was just as strong militarily as the US, why wasn't it the second richest in the world? Japan and Germany are both economic powerhouses with weak military positions.

The US maintains its position as the strongest, richest, and politically connected country because it seeks to compete strongly and fiercely in all three spheres (politics, economy, and military).

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

USA Finally Moves Embassy To Jerusalem / Republicans' Bid To Overturn Joe Biden's Victory Ends / Dragging Suitcases, Ukrainians Trek To Safety In Hungary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.