Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You (23250 Views)

Hairdresser/stylists Thread / 11 Things Your Hairdresser Really Wants You To Know / 13 Things Your Hairstylist Won't Tell You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by hayoakins(m): 4:23pm On Sep 12, 2012
Super1759: And a hairdresser will never accept he made a mistake, he will say its style or his clipper is crazy or he wants to make u look different.
I didn't pay for the hair am wearing now. After searching for a good saloon. I went there, just for the man to bisect my eye-brow,shaved off the top and cut off all my mustache. I was looking like a confused rat. Infact its a long story but I didn't pay

pls dont kill with laugh oh...i couldnt help laughing after reading your post that my colleagues thought i was crying grin :d;d;d;d;d;d;d
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Catchfire1: 4:41pm On Sep 12, 2012
Have never been to a salon...growing my hair since birth tongue
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 12, 2012
Super1759: And a hairdresser will never accept he made a mistake, he will say its style or his clipper is crazy or he wants to make u look different.
I didn't pay for the hair am wearing now. After searching for a good saloon. I went there, just for the man to bisect my eye-brow,shaved off the top and cut off all my mustache. I was looking like a confused rat. Infact its a long story but I didn't pay
i never knew rats could be confused? am just hearing that today.
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by safarigirl(f): 4:56pm On Sep 12, 2012
Things your Nigerian stylist won't tell you: 1. She doesn't know a hair style. They're all knowing, don't try to teach them what they know, else, they'll show you the next salon. 2. That relaxer can kill your hair cells. Steaming is a better option. 3. You may not receive proper attention. This depends on the type of customer you are, if they have to haggle for hours to get their money from you, they may choose to leave you for a serious minded person. 4. If you're a kid, an adult will be attended to before you, doesn't matter if you were there first. 5. That they dislike you. They'd much rather gossip bout you in your absence and sneer behind your back.

3 Likes

Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Goldieluks: 5:04pm On Sep 12, 2012
Yes....but the customer is always right!

1 Like

Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Ninapha(f): 5:09pm On Sep 12, 2012
But why are all hairdressers fond of telln their client, 'Aunty/mummy ur hair is fine' even though d hair looks like egugun Calabar. 2. Why are d apprentice always saying Sorry ma? Sometimes up to 50x before u finish d haircheesy
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Slimboy94(m): 5:25pm On Sep 12, 2012
Omo na so one hairstylist go barbe my eyebrows commot
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by kaduto(f): 5:29pm On Sep 12, 2012
Harsh but true n it apply to other professions too
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 12, 2012
Ninapha: But why do all hairdressers fond of telln a client' Aunty/mummy ur hair is fine' even though d hair looks like egugun Calabar. 2. Why are d apprentice always saying Sorry ma? Sometimes up to 50x before u finish d haircheesy
lol! my hairdresser too is fond of saying sorry ma.the thing tire me.because of that i stopped going to her salon.the salon i go to recently is worse.the lady keeps saying "madam e dey pain you?" she keeps repeating the same question till i pay her. very funny
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Jerros213(m): 5:51pm On Sep 12, 2012
Acidosis: 1. I'm a beautician, not a magician. I can give you Gisele Bündchen's haircut, but I can't give you her face.

2. Come at least five minutes early. If you're running late, please call ahead. Show me some basic respect.

3. Don't ask me to ''squeeze'' you in when I'm already booked. I'd be taking time and effort away from other clients. You wouldn't like being treated that way.

4. Hairdresser school does not teach about projection or personality disorders. If you're looking for a therapist, all I have is a comb and an opinion.i

5. Some clients will say, ''Cut my hair just like you did last time.'' I have hundreds of clients. How am I supposed to remember exactly how I did your hair the last time? Take a picture and show me .

6. A trim is not ''just'' a trim. It requires my expertise, skill and knowledge. Would you say to your dentist, ''It's just a tooth,'' or to your doctor, ''It's just a leg?''

etc..

GUY GO GET A JOB OR SOMETHING!

www.rdasia.com/12_things_your_hairdresser_won_t_tell_you_3949
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Gonzaga1010(m): 6:16pm On Sep 12, 2012
Kind me funny
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 12, 2012
vislabraye: If you've been styling a customer a particular style for a year and he visits u once a week, he expects you know his style.
My barbers know my style.
My barber knows my exact style, even though he has been doing my hair for less than six months.
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by eyzeberg: 6:23pm On Sep 12, 2012
slimyem: lmao@looking like a confused rat..cheesycheesycheesy
Reminded me of those days of manual clippers. Ho my God!
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by switnjl: 6:46pm On Sep 12, 2012
the thing is that sometimes u don't know what u are getting urself into. u only realize ur mistake after u have wasted half of the day at the saloon.

and when u refuse to see it for urself in the mirror, don't worry. as soon as u step out it will be confirmed to u by the stirs u get from strangers.
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by cesil92: 8:00pm On Sep 12, 2012
misreal: how does dis affects de price of a human head in okija shrine grin

The price is not stable at all especially now that fake human heads are all over the place. How much you the sell or buy 4 ur side?
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Prudzice(f): 10:01pm On Sep 12, 2012
cesil92:

The price is not stable at all especially now that fake human heads are all over the place. How much you the sell or buy 4 ur side?
shocked
cesil92:

Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Prudzice(f): 10:02pm On Sep 12, 2012
cesil92:

shocked[quote author=cesil92]

The price is not stable at all especially now that fake human heads are all over the place. How much you the sell or buy 4 ur side?u d find head 4 ritual abi u won gve ur own as charity?
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Lollycutie(f): 10:18pm On Sep 12, 2012
Lmao,really funny cant stop laffing(confused rat).lol
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Nobody: 5:20am On Sep 13, 2012
=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=))
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Gaqua77(f): 12:45pm On Sep 13, 2012
Well these are the facts... N now I will keep them in mind. Coz these mentioned points are some we usually address in front of our hairstylist. Thanx for highlighting them.
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by mabcos: 10:47pm On Sep 13, 2012
hornipipe: Lol i remember when i used to cut skin..after barbing the barber would spray methylated spirit
When asked why he sprays it always he'll say its good for the skin litttle did i know he did it so your hair 'll grow faster and u'll comeback in less than 2weeks for another cut. grin grin all scam
spirit is 4 ur anti-bumps $ rashes. But u can still reject it if u wish.
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 13, 2012
mabcos: spirit is 4 ur anti-bumps $ rashes. But u can still reject it if u wish.
bro bumps ke bomb ni. I treat my hair regularly. I don't need nobody spraying spirit on my hair.
Are u a barber? U sound like one
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by greatgod2012(f): 7:23pm On Sep 15, 2012
funny ones there but very true!
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by toboy: 11:06am On Sep 16, 2012
hornipipe: bro bumps ke bomb ni. I treat my hair regularly. I don't need nobody spraying spirit on my hair.
Are u a barber? U sound like one
stop exposing your ignorance!! The spirit is for commincable diseases like rashes ,ring worms and other fungi infections which can be gotten through clipper!
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 16, 2012
toboy: stop exposing your ignorance!! The spirit is for commincable diseases like rashes ,ring worms and other fungi infections which can be gotten through clipper!
did u smoke dry sh^it?
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by toboy: 11:04am On Sep 18, 2012
hornipipe: did u smoke dry sh^it?
lol! from your useless and hopeless name 'horn pipe' which i guess you use to smoke dry shit your are asking me of!! it shameless that a full grown Nigerian like you do not know methylated spirit are form anti-microbial infections!! Did you manage to finish to finish junior secondary school at all you are asking the person that corrected you if he is a barber! your comment even showed you are not even up to a barber cuz your are crying that you had to sweat to get the money to barb your long oversue bushy forestic unkempt hair!! i just wonder how a slowpoke like you got to the internet!!
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 18, 2012
toboy: lol! from your useless and hopeless name 'horn pipe' which i guess you use to smoke dry shit your are asking me of!! it shameless that a full grown Nigerian like you do not know methylated spirit are form anti-microbial infections!! Did you manage to finish to finish junior secondary school at all you are asking the person that corrected you if he is a barber! your comment even showed you are not even up to a barber cuz your are crying that you had to sweat to get the money to barb your long oversue bushy forestic unkempt hair!! i just wonder how a slowpoke like you got to the internet!!
cheesy

Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 18, 2012
It is very obvious you son of a b1tch didn't read my post
Son of a b1tch doesn't seem to know the difference between spraying methylated spirit on the clipper before usage and spraying directly on ones head grin grin
Spraying methylated spirit on your hair has got many side effects but you foolish ignorant fellow with a cob web filled brain refuses to learn because you feed from that barbers shop you and your ill fated father run, that's why you go about spraying methylated spirit on peoples head instead of spraying it on the blades of the clipper
Stupid son of a sluut!
Stop smoking weed with your jobless father
Re: Things Your Hairdresser Won't Tell You by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 18, 2012
Where is that stup1d son of a barber
Uses for methylated spirits.
- It's great as a glass cleaner! If you're going to use it in hot conditions, dilute it with water.
- In fuel stoves - methylated spirits burns very cleanly; a little too cleanly in fact as it can be hard to see the flame.
- Methylated spirits can be used to remove ink stains from upholstery or clothes
- Remove permanent marker from pvc plastics.
- As a solvent for thinning paint
- For cleaning paint brushes as an alternative tofossil fuel based solvents
- As a general metal cleaner
- For removing stickers and sticker residue fromcar windscreens
- To clean bike disc brakes
- Cleaning electronics
- Cleaning CD/DVD laser lenses (use a cotton bud/q- tip)
[b] Bastard telling me methylated spirit is used to fight infections [/ b] grin that's what these poor people do instead of getting their hair treated with quality products they allow illiterate barbers educate them literates

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dear Tailors: A Frustrated Customer / Handsome Felon Jeremy Meeks Lands Modelling Contract / Meet The Contestants Of Miss Ambassador For Peace As Davido,others To Be Awarded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.