Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,356 members, 7,954,446 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:04 PM

GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE (21475 Views)

Kaduna Youths Block Roads, Protest 10-month Power Outage / Nnamdi Azikiwe As Nigeria Celebrated Independence Day In 1960 - Throwback Photos / "How I Will Operate As Nigeria’s First Lady" – Aisha Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by maclatunji: 8:05pm On Sep 13, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

Electricity supply is epileptic in Nigeria, why would any rational person seek to gloat over Ghanaians having difficulty with their supply when from all indications they're having it better in this regard?

@Berem, what can I say?

@Gbawe, nice explanations. Nigerians need a near complete change in orientation. #Seriously.
Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by Elueme: 8:12pm On Sep 13, 2012
Ricky_Ross: MY WIFE JUST LANDED IN ACCRA LAST NIGHT AND HAS BEEN COMPLAINING ABOUT THE POWER SITUATION OVER THERE. ACCORDING TO HER, MOST PARTS OF THE CITY IS STILL IN DARKNESS. THIS POWER PROBLEM IN GHANA DID NOT START TODAY, LIGHT GOES ON AND OFF IN GHANA JUST LIKE NIGERIA.

FOR OUR EDUCATED ILLITERATE BROTHERS, NIGERIA DOES NOT GIVE GHANA LIGHT. I HAVE BEEN HEARING THIS LAUGHABLE GOSSIP FOR A VERY LONG TIME NOW.

ALSO FOR OUR EDUCATED ILLITERATE BROTHERS, GHANA DOES NOT HAVE STEADY POWER SUPPLY. BUT ON AVERAGE, GHANAIANS ENJOY BETTER ELECTRICITY THAN NIGERIANS ON AVERAGE.

ALSO, GHANA HAS NEVER CELEBRATED 10 YEARS OF UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY LIKE YOU MUST HAVE HEARD. THESE FAKE NEWS ARE MOSTLY CARRIED BY NIGERIANS IN NIGERIA. BEFORE I EVER VISITED GHANA, I WAS TOLD THAT GHANA HAS JUST CELEBRATED 10 YEARS OF UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY, BUT THE SAME DAY I LANDED IN GHANA THERE WAS POWER OUTTAGE THAT LASTED 2 DAYS.

APART FROM LIGHT, GHANA ECONOMY IS NOT DOING WELL AS PROJECTED. THE GHANA CURRENCY IS ON A FREE FALL FOR SEVERAL MONTHS MONTHS NOW.
EX PRESIDENT KUFFOR DID WELL FOR GHANA, BEFORE HIS REGIME ACCRA WAS A SLUM WITHOUT ANY STANDARD INTER STATE, HE MANAGED TO GET THE MILLENNIUM CHALLENGE ACCOUNT WITH USA, AND TODAY THEY ARE ABOUT COMPLETING MOST OF THE HIGHWAYS.

THE LAST PRESIDENT THAT JUST DIED, MR. ATTA MILLS DIDN'T ACHIEVE ANYTHING IN GHANA, RATHER HE MESSED UP THE ECONOMY. ONE OF HIS MOST POPULAR CAMPAIGN PROMISES WAS TO REDUCE PETROL PRICE, BUT BEFORE HE DIED HE INCREASED PETROL PRICE MORE THAN 7 TIMES.
I have no reason to doubt you.. I have been reliably told that things ain't as rosy for Ghana as most Nigerian govt. Mischieve makers have purported.. Piece like this is good for some Nigerians who think reforms is just a piece of cake that you achieve within months.. Ghana has tried her best in repositioning her nation within few years running now but the problem confronting them is same with us as well as black Africa at large.. Corruption fights back at you when you try to fight it. I will not expect a sudden change as most day dreamers do but I know that Africa isn't where it was 10 years ago and it will be better than it's now in 5 years to come..We must support and commend our govt when it is necessary and CRITICISE as constructively as we can when the needs arise.. It will be wrong to compare us with US or Western Europe who have undergone the measures we are taking decades ago.. Many tight fisted policies and austerity measures were taken Reecently during the global economic challenge which the people took in good fate but an average Nigerian isn't ready to endure any hardship for a change but wants the country to become like an America overnight.. I have doubted govt in the past but I think this GEJ's is poised to deliver his mandate why we need sheath our sword and keenly observe till 2015 to judge him accordingly
Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by 2million1(m): 8:22pm On Sep 13, 2012
And what do u want us to do about it?. Borrow u guyz some electricity or what

1 Like

Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by quest003: 8:25pm On Sep 13, 2012
Yeye we. The present decrease in ghana power supply is equivalent or greater than the present increase we are all rejoicing over. Mtcheew! So why the hate?
Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by RickyRoss1(m): 8:25pm On Sep 13, 2012
otumfour: lol! how rick ross married a Ghanaian beatz me...... grin grin grin grin grin

Its a lie that electricity goes on and off in Ghana, and its also a lie that I married a Ghanaian?
Who are you deceiving? You can only deceive the illiterate Nigerians back home, not someone like me that shuttles in and out of Ghana and have businesses there. Millions of Nigerians live in Ghana and they know what is true and what is not.
Ghana does not enjoy uninterrupted power supply. If it does then THE ENTIRE COUNTRY OF GHANA CANNOT CONTINUE TO EXPERIENCE TOTAL BLACK OUT THAT AFFECTS THE ENTIRE COUNTRY, NOT JUST ONE REGION OR ONE STATE, BUT THE ENTIRE GHANA PLUNGES INTO TOTAL BLACKOUT, AND YET YOU SAY YOU ENJOY UNINTERRUPTED ELECTRICITY?

IN COUNTRIES THAT ENJOY STEADY POWER SUPPLY, BEFORE ELECTRICITY GOES OFF THERE WILL BE DAYS OR WEEKS OF ANNOUNCEMENT.
BEFORE I LEFT GHANA FEW WEEKS AGO, THERE WAS A PARTICULAR DAY THE ELECTRICITY WAS INTERRUPTED 7 TIMES IN A SINGLE DAY.

ANYWAY I AM NOT HERE TO FIGHT OR RUN MOUTH WITH ANYONE, I AM TIRED AND NEEDS REST. I ONLY COMMENTED BC ITS AFFECTING MY WIFE.

IT IS MY DREAM AND PRAYER THAT GHANA BECOMES THE NEXT JAPAN, OR EVEN BECOME BETTER THAN JAPAN. THE CONSTANT INTERNET RANTING OF GHANA IS BETTER OR NIGERIA IS BETTER IS TOTAL NONSENSE, BC IT DOESN'T CHANGE THE REAL FACTS ON GROUND. AFRICANS ARE REALLY BLACK MONKYSS, BC THEY LIKE TO CELEBRATE THEIR BROTHERS FAILURE. FOR EXAMPLE, BOKO HARAM HAS BEEN KILLIN INNOCENT PEOPLE UP NORTH AND OUR GHANA BROTHERS USE IT AS AN AVENUE TO MOCK US? WHAT MAKES GHANAIANS BELIEVE BOKO HARAM MENACE CANNOT HAPPEN IN GHANA? FOR ALL I KNOW, ALL BLACK MUSLIMS THINK ALIKE AND BEHAVE ALIKE. WHATEVER ANY NIGERIAN MUSLIM DOES A GHANAIAN MUSLIM CAN EQUALLY DO. IN NORTHERN GHANA WE ALL KNOW THE HAVOC MUSLIMS ARE CAUSING THERE, AS A RESULT, THOUSANDS OF GHANAIANS ARE PRESENTLY LIVING IN TOGO AS REFUGEES.
Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by dayokanu(m): 10:29pm On Sep 13, 2012
That Ghana is not as rosy as we think is something Nigerians should roll out drums for?

Its a shame I share the same country with some animals here

2 Likes

Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by adamscuti(m): 11:25pm On Sep 13, 2012
Well! well!! well!!! I aren't surprise,that country called ghana is jst a total failure,it beats me how,simply becoz u produce 2000mw of electricity 4 ur small population& u start celebrating,comparing urself to 9ja which produce twice more than urs&still counting,Well God is great,that's why if ur country jst taste little good,u all ghanains will start celebrating as if there's no 2morow,now there's no light in d whole ghana(wot a shame)with just 25mil,have u ever heard in d history of 9ja that d entire country stay without light 4 even 1sec.(170MIL)? The ans is a capital NO.
When the 2nd largest and one of the most strongest& d nation with great potentials to b d No.1 economy in the world(NIGERIA) is with u in westafrica U got to tank God 4 that.

I am jst waiting 4 d time all those ghanains will start pouring in like flood into 9ja,i will b ready with my broom to sweep them back to their curse land,this height is d highest they can ever reach,they got no potentials,no notting! Ghana is jst so awful,i swear to God d only place there to stay is accra,the rest areas are villages&small towns which aren't develop,most of them has no road,majority of ghanains depend on d river 4 water. The country irritates me,even their accent is very disgusting,true to God i jst hate it,it looks as if their tongue is paralize n probably can't move. GHANA IS GONA SUFFER LIKE NEVER B4 REAL TIME,GOD IS GONA PUNISH THEM 4 BEEN D MOST UNGRATEFUL SET OF HUMAN'S THAT EVER EXISTED,JST LIKE D ISRAELITES, THEIR PROBLEM HAS JST BEGANE N LET'S SEE WHO THEY WILL COME RUNNING TO THIS TIME AROUND.
Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by londoner: 6:29am On Sep 14, 2012
Ghana does not have uninterrupted power, but on average (before now) it was less epileptic than many places in Nigeria.

It is not good to gloat over the increase in power outages in ghana, but truth be told they constantly gloated over ours.

Ghanaians are always laughing at our power situation or our problems of insecurity.

So, while I agree with some posters that Nigerians should not gloat.....where were you when the shoe was on the other foot? What did you say then?

That is why they say that people in glass houses should not throw stones.

My wish is that both countries get to a stage in development where electricity is no longer an issue for either.
Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 14, 2012
Thanks guys for the correction! I have always heard that nigeria supplies electricity to ghana.It might have been a rumour all these while.thanks for the info.

1 Like

Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by londoner: 7:25am On Sep 14, 2012
Nigeria supplies some gas. I remember not long ago, when they had a problem with electricity in Ghana.......lack of gas supply from Nigeria was blamed, so there is a connection between Nigeria supplying gas and Ghana's electricity supply, even though not all, because they rely on their dam for most of it I think.
Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by Gbawe: 7:51am On Sep 14, 2012
Mandelaguy: Gbawe should be exiled to Ghana,since there is nothing good in Nigeria....come o! Are you a Nigerian? You always thrive in controversy and hate filled name calling. Mtcheeeeeeew! How many times will you jump on any wagon that tries to take away from he new frontiers GEJ is breaking. Gaa Zuru ike, anu mpam.

Shut up cretin and stay on topic.
Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by warrior01: 8:13am On Sep 14, 2012
alj harem: There are still serious power outage in Yaba area. I still cannot see any improvement. Like yesterday they low current almost damaged some of my appliances.

Na wa for ppl oh
you mean yaba left? Moreso, never knew inmates are allowed to own appliances
Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by maclatunji: 8:15am On Sep 14, 2012
londoner: Ghana does not have uninterrupted power, but on average (before now) it was less epileptic than many places in Nigeria.

It is not good to gloat over the increase in power outages in ghana, but truth be told they constantly gloated over ours.

Ghanaians are always laughing at our power situation or our problems of insecurity.

So, while I agree with some posters that Nigerians should not gloat.....where were you when the shoe was on the other foot? What did you say then?

That is why they say that people in glass houses should not throw stones.

My wish is that both countries get to a stage in development where electricity is no longer an issue for either.

You don't reduce yourself to a ridiculous level just because other people choose to do so at any point in time.
Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by onatisi(m): 8:39am On Sep 14, 2012
carytommy:
yes but most of her electricity is produced here in Nigeria. dont tell me you didnt know that.
my guy ghana produces her own electricity and only buy gas from nigeria
Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by onatisi(m): 8:45am On Sep 14, 2012
ppl u cant compare ghana with nigeria in terms of power supply ,i live here in ghana and power outages do happen but it doesnt last for more than 5hrs and recently they started rotatting it ,so when ghanians complain about power outages it is not like 10hrs or a whole day,the point is they are not used to it unlike nigeria where we are used and even expecting it to happen and everyone has a gen.in ghana here only rich ppl house or big companies have gen becos u dont need it ,but know that this is election year and the opposition are trying to show that the ruling goverment is not performing here in ghana ,be assured that even with their current power problems u get at least 20hrs f regular power supply DAILY
Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by basisop(m): 8:52am On Sep 14, 2012
Adamscuti, you hatred for Ghana is more than mine. grin
Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by onatisi(m): 8:52am On Sep 14, 2012
during the time of kuffor NPP ruling govt,the NDC oppositin party now ruling said the same thing ,there is going to be a big big big political showdown in decemberduring the presidential election and even obj was flown in 2days ago to plead with rawlings to help the ruling govt,so all this talk about power outages is ALL POLITICSDONT BELIEVE IT ,it happens but not as bad as u are protraying it.ghana here have wonderful democratic structure where anyone can say what ever he or she feel like .i think we nigerians need to focus on getting our own huse in order and stop comparing our selves with ghana .we have 10000000% far greater potentials than ghana and if we can get our acts right i dont think anyone will even bother of mentioning ghana becos there will be no basis for comparison
Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by Gbawe: 9:03am On Sep 14, 2012
onatisi: ppl u cant compare ghana with nigeria in terms of power supply ,i live here in ghana and power outages do happen but it doesnt last for more than 5hrs and recently they started rotatting it ,so when ghanians complain about power outages it is not like 10hrs or a whole day,the point is they are not used to it unlike nigeria where we are used and even expecting it to happen and everyone has a gen.in ghana here only rich ppl house or big companies have gen becos u dont need it ,but know that this is election year and the opposition are trying to show that the ruling goverment is not performing here in ghana ,be assured that even with their current power problems u get at least 20hrs f regular power supply DAILY

Spot on.
Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 14, 2012
maclatunji:
I find the theme of the subject of this thread and the comments so far disappointing and distasteful.
It's in the DNA of some people to gloat over the misfortunes of others. Don't blame them.
Whenever they see topics involving the "downfall" and "suffering" of their "rivals", they throw parties to celebrate. It's known as envy.

dayokanu:
That Ghana is not as rosy as we think is something Nigerians should roll out drums for?
Its a shame I share the same country with some animals here.
Animals? I think they're worse than that. Most animals wouldn't celebrate another's downfall.
Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by ujchief(m): 9:17am On Sep 14, 2012
maclatunji: I find the theme of the subject of this thread and the comments so far disappointing and distasteful.
my thuts exactly! And nairalanders troop in en mass to spew trash. Must they make a parallel comparison and rejoice over others misfortunes? Now lets compare power generation of Nigeria to that of SA.
Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by Gbawe: 9:35am On Sep 14, 2012
maclatunji:

Electricity supply is epileptic in Nigeria, why would any rational person seek to gloat over Ghanaians having difficulty with their supply when from all indications they're having it better in this regard?

@Berem, what can I say?

@Gbawe, nice explanations. Nigerians need a near complete change in orientation. #Seriously.

Indeed. We all have our pressing challenges, holding back our progress, we should be facing. Alas, West Africans, unfortunately, are 'wired' to remain more focused with obsessing about others when they should look at their own pathetic situation dispassionately. These are the terrible remnant effects of the divide-and-conquer tactic opportunists, including our own leaders, where using with glee to plunder Africa's vast wealth and natural endowment.
Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by Idokojimmy: 9:55am On Sep 14, 2012
Gbawe:

Where do you get this ignorant crap from? Why are you supporters of GEJ so eager to deceive others simply to make him look good? You put down others falsely and praise GEJ falsely. You cannot be talking about the Ghana I left two months ago and was in for around a month. I can't even be bothered entertaining your ignorant flight of fantasy.

Hmmmm, ignorant crap you said? grin grin grin grin
It beats my imagination when youths, the carrier of the future, maliciously throwaway objectivity and truth. It baffles me when people who ordinarily Carries the hope of this nation prejudice their minds, and lie even in the face of obvious and experiential truth. Party affiliation, ethnic plurality, or ideological differences cannot make truth to be come a lie. Even a tomato seller in the remotest village in Nigeria knows that power has improved geometrically. Those without ICT knowledge even know that Nigeria one way or the other has an existing pact with Ghana on power. Its also true that power situation has worsened in Ghana. So why are some people trying to hoodwink people into believing that "what is is not"?
Facts don't lie and history celebrates record holders. We know how Olympians With gold medals are celebrated. In the history of this nation,powner generation has never reached 4437mw. Today, we have hit that all time record and GEJ has promised that it will exceed 5000mw before December. Previous Govts spent billions of dollars without result, but GEJ in less than two years has achieved this and bad belle people are scared to admit it becos it will make him more popular. Go hug transformer. You've shown that you are an enemy of the nation.
Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by emiye(m): 10:03am On Sep 14, 2012
There is no better description of inferiority complex than When you celebrate others failure to make yourself feel good.
Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by Idokojimmy: 10:17am On Sep 14, 2012
When analytic power is lacking, people draw inferences from non existing premises. The thread isn't a celebration of Ghana's misfortune. It is a demonstration of the workability of our situation. Ghana is our small brother, we can't celebrate their problem. We can only pray that they get out of their predicament. But for us that are enjoying power, we have celebrate the man who made it happen.
Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by RickyRoss1(m): 11:17am On Sep 14, 2012
onatisi: ppl u cant compare ghana with nigeria in terms of power supply ,i live here in ghana and power outages do happen but it doesnt last for more than 5hrs and recently they started rotatting it ,so when ghanians complain about power outages it is not like 10hrs or a whole day,the point is they are not used to it unlike nigeria where we are used and even expecting it to happen and everyone has a gen.in ghana here only rich ppl house or big companies have gen becos u dont need it ,but know that this is election year and the opposition are trying to show that the ruling goverment is not performing here in ghana ,be assured that even with their current power problems u get at least 20hrs f regular power supply DAILY

FOR OVER 24 HOURS NOW SO MANY PARTS OF ACCRA HAS NO ELECTRICITY, THIS IS NOT A 5 HOUR PROBLEM. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME IT IS HAPPENING. GHANA DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH POWER TO GO ROUND, MOST TIMES THEY RATION. KUFFOUR STARTED THE BIU DAM PROJECT WITH THE CHINESE TO SOLVE THE POWER OUTTABGES IN GHANA, AM NOT SURE IF THAT PROJECT HAS BEEN COMPLETED OR NOT. UNTIL IT IS COMPLETED, GHANA WILL CONTINUE TO EXPERIENCE POWER OUTAGES.

I HAVE WITNESSED MANY DAYS OF BLACK OUT IN GHANA. STOP LYING, THERE ARE OTHER NIGERIANS LIVING IN GHANA LIKE YOU. AND THERE IS NO POINT DISCUSSING ABOUT GHANA WHEN WE HAVE GOT OUR OWN PROBLEMS. MAY GOD HELP GHANA AND NIGERIA
Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by RickyRoss1(m): 11:25am On Sep 14, 2012
Idokojimmy:

It beats my imagination when youths, the carrier of the future, maliciously throwaway objectivity and truth. It baffles me when people who ordinarily Carries the hope of this nation prejudice their minds, and lie even in the face of obvious and experiential truth. Party affiliation, ethnic plurality, or ideological differences cannot make truth to be come a lie. Even a tomato seller in the remotest village in Nigeria knows that power has improved geometrically. Those without ICT knowledge even know that Nigeria one way or the other has an existing pact with Ghana on power. Its also true that power situation has worsened in Ghana. So why are some people trying to hoodwink people into believing that "what is is not"?
Facts don't lie and history celebrates record holders. We know how Olympians With gold medals are celebrated. In the history of this nation,powner generation has never reached 4437mw. Today, we have hit that all time record and GEJ has promised that it will exceed 5000mw before December. Previous Govts spent billions of dollars without result, but GEJ in less than two years has achieved this and bad belle people are scared to admit it becos it will make him more popular. Go hug transformer. You've shown that you are an enemy of the nation.

You have said it all, Electricity has improved in ALL parts of Nigeria and most Nigerians can testify to this. However, do not expect GEJ haters to say anything good about his administration.
I have my friend who just bought 35,000 liters of oil tanker for diesel business, for over 1 month now electricity has been constant in Lagos and there is no more market for diesel sellers, he is now thinking of what to do with the oil tanker he bought almost 6million. He is not alone, many guys from my village are in Lagos dealing on diesel, they are all jobless for now. They can only make sells when there is no electricity.
Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by onatisi(m): 11:29am On Sep 14, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

FOR OVER 24 HOURS NOW SO MANY PARTS OF ACCRA HAS NO ELECTRICITY, THIS IS NOT A 5 HOUR PROBLEM. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME IT IS HAPPENING. GHANA DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH POWER TO GO ROUND, MOST TIMES THEY RATION. KUFFOUR STARTED THE BIU DAM PROJECT WITH THE CHINESE TO SOLVE THE POWER OUTTABGES IN GHANA, AM NOT SURE IF THAT PROJECT HAS BEEN COMPLETED OR NOT. UNTIL IT IS COMPLETED, GHANA WILL CONTINUE TO EXPERIENCE POWER OUTAGES.

I HAVE WITNESSED MANY DAYS OF BLACK OUT IN GHANA. STOP LYING, THERE ARE OTHER NIGERIANS LIVING IN GHANA LIKE YOU. AND THERE IS NO POINT DISCUSSING ABOUT GHANA WHEN WE HAVE GOT OUR OWN PROBLEMS. MAY GOD HELP GHANA AND NIGERIA
pls which side of accra do u live in ?because from all i have read even other nigerians living here or visiting ghana none so far have corroborated what u have said .that is why i will like to know which part of accra u live in .
Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by Gbawe: 11:37am On Sep 14, 2012
Idokojimmy: When analytic power is lacking, people draw inferences from non existing premises. The thread isn't a celebration of Ghana's misfortune. It is a demonstration of the workability of our situation. Ghana is our small brother, we can't celebrate their problem. We can only pray that they get out of their predicament. But for us that are enjoying power, we have celebrate the man who made it happen.

You are the one who lacks analytical thinking. You seem to forget what you wrote is here in black and white and can be produced with a simple copy and paste action. Ghana is not your "smaller brother". It is only a smaller Nation. Such patronising talk is the reason many consider Nigerians arrogantly deluded "big for nothing" who can't face their own issues. Great Britain must be our "smaller brother" also via being a smaller Nation with a smaller population and less natural endowment than Nigeria. Sir, it is you who lack analytical thinking.

I reproduce what you write below, highlighting a ridiculous lie, even the most anti-Ghanaian Nigerian cannot subscribe to. Despite what you now say to the contrary, you also show you wish to celebrate Ghana's perceived misfortune by lying and 'fabricating' when you did not need to do that. It is simply wrong for you to suggest Ghanaians have left Ghana for Nigeria for problems they have that is inconsequential in comparison to the situation of Nigeria. Abeg, where are these "many" Ghanaians who have left their frying pan to jump into Nigeria's fire?

Perhaps the issue needs to be broken down. Currently, power outage in Ghana has worsened. This situation is expected to continue untill God knows when. Comments by Ghanians show that they are not comfortable with the turn of event, as accussing fingers are being pointed at all those directly or indirectly involved in Govt. many (Ghanians) have ran to Nigeria to take refuge pending when power supply improves.
Ok! Recall that some months back, a Ghanians Prof regarded Nigeria as a failed State, identifying among other things power supply as our serious challenge. He glorified Ghana, painting a picture that depicted their country as the best in Africa. Today, the reverse is the case. GEJ has stepped up his game, and power has improved geometrically.
Investors are beginning to troop in, the ongoing privatization has been made attractive and viable hands are showing interest. Barack Obama recent said Nigeria is the fastest growing economy in the world. I'm sure you can now see where the poster is coming from?
He simply wants Nigerians to know that things can only get better and better. That there is no country that is too much for us. Our big brotherly role in Africa remains. All we need do is to support those in Govt to do more.
Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by Gbawe: 11:52am On Sep 14, 2012
Idokojimmy:

No, you are the enemy of the Nation. Let us revisit this thread in a year when GEJ's approach of ignoring and even worsening our biggest and most fundamental problems (corruption, high recurrent expenditure and bloated governance, insecurity, lack of refining capacity, etc,etc,etc) has destroyed any gains made. People like you , too emotional and sectional to understand the Science of Governance will eventually appreciate the truth of what Balarabe Musa states below that is responsible for the progress of the Nations Nigerians love to run to.

http://saharareporters.com/interview/balarabe-jonathan-confused-and-incompetent-news-magazine

It is not possible under this system that if you become the leader, then, you become the standard. In other countries, when there is standard, it doesn’t really matter who becomes the president. The standard is there. In Britain, America, Germany and other western countries, competence and experience are important. But the most important thing is that there is a standard that nobody can go below.

In Nigeria, there is no such standard. You become the president, governor or local government chairman and you automatically become the standard. So in such a situation, you need somebody who is clearly competent, who has a record in addition to moral base and legitimacy to succeed.
Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by Rossikk(m): 2:26pm On Sep 14, 2012
Elueme: I have no reason to doubt you.. I have been reliably told that things ain't as rosy for Ghana as most Nigerian govt. Mischief makers have purported.. Piece like this is good for some Nigerians who think reforms are just a piece of cake that you achieve within months.. Ghana has tried her best in repositioning her nation within a few years running now but the problem confronting them is same with us as well as black Africa at large.. Corruption fights back at you when you try to fight it. I will not expect a sudden change as most day dreamers do but I know that Africa isn't where it was 10 years ago and it will be better than it's now in 5 years to come..We must support and commend our govt when it is necessary and CRITICISE as constructively as we can when the needs arise.. It will be wrong to compare us with US or Western Europe who have undergone the measures we are taking decades ago.. Many tight fisted policies and austerity measures were taken Reecently during the global economic challenge which the people took in good fate but an average Nigerian isn't ready to endure any hardship for a change but wants the country to become like an America overnight.. I have doubted govt in the past but I think this GEJ's is poised to deliver his mandate why we need sheath our sword and keenly observe till 2015 to judge him accordingly

Very eloquently and intelligently put. Kudos.
Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by Rossikk(m): 2:31pm On Sep 14, 2012
Ricky_Ross: IS BETTER IS TOTAL NONSENSE, BC IT DOESN'T CHANGE THE REAL FACTS ON GROUND. AFRICANS ARE REALLY BLACK MONKYSS, BC THEY LIKE TO CELEBRATE THEIR BROTHERS FAILURE.

Your mother is a 300 Naira who.re.
Re: GHANA SUFFERS POWER OUTAGE AS NIGERIA'S IMPROVE by Bennyboy11: 2:53pm On Sep 14, 2012
Gbawe: Ghana's power outage issues are nothing to celebrate. They have their issues but the comparatively responsive leadership the Country enjoys means they will sort it out in the end - usually ASAP. So, those wishing doom and gloom on Ghana are wasting their time. I was in Ghana in 2007 for three months when load shedding means that electricity in virtually every household was 12 hours on and 12 hours off because of certain challenges. The same thing happening now, happened then. I.e some Nigerians jeered. In the end the Government sorted out issues and steady power returned.

Despite the myth of 24/7 power, Ghana has teething issues that means period of outgages can be seen but electricity supply is still generally reliable. The complaint of Ghanaians now, is no different to anything in the past and some Nigerians should stop the spiteful jubilation. I was in Ghana recently (2 months ago) and despite hearing of "serious outages" before I got there, I found power to be steady. You guys should look below at Ghanaians lamentation of "serious outage" you think spells disaster for their nation to know that it is your Nation that deserves to be laughed at.

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=233452

Gbawe, I have to commend you for your truthful dispassionate response to the topic. You have shown a maturity which is often hard to find on this forum.

Some small minded people still fail to see how intertwined our fates are and how important it is for west Africa to continue to see stability and growth.

Anyway you know you're doing something right when people from a country with as much potential as Nigeria wait with bated breath for the day you fall. Unfortunately it's a false alarm this time and God willing we will see another beautifully organised, free and fair election soon which will further cement Ghana's image as a beacon of democracy and stability in west Africa.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Army Repelled Attacks At Pulka, Rescued 445 Abducted Person (photos) / Presidential Tribunal: Drama As Atiku Denies Buhari Use Of Video Player / Gunmen Attack Ugbuodo Police Station In Ebonyi, Two Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.