Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,943 members, 7,956,563 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:03 PM

Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field (12193 Views)

Peter Obi's Anambra-Central Senatorial Campaign Poster (picture) / Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari / Anambra, Kogi Reps Clash Over Disputed Oil Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by domack99(m): 8:16am On Sep 14, 2012
This is really amazing Anambra state explore oil from Kogi state site refinery in Enugu.
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by daywatcher: 9:02am On Sep 14, 2012
has anyone got a map of where the oil field is?
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by MrGlobe(m): 9:13am On Sep 14, 2012
daywatcher: has anyone got a map of where the oil field is?
haaaaaaaaaaa? why are people this bent on being stu/pid
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by Bjayjay: 9:16am On Sep 14, 2012
Nigerians have always been opportunists. When the company was formed and the oil was been drilled,the people complaining now were they deaf and dumb then? Why did they keep quiet? They've seen that the food they had no hand in preparing is done so they want to participate in the eating.

2 Likes

Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by Navalsadiq(m): 9:28am On Sep 14, 2012
Kogi state stands out to be the richest in the country in terms of human and natural resouces.the state is endowned with aboundant natural resources.MR obi or anambanarians or what ever you call your selves.stay clear off the oil wells in kogi or you faces the consequenses of greed that consumed your war lord.alwayz looking for people to petch.rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by Acidosis(m): 9:29am On Sep 14, 2012
Bjayjay: Nigerians have always been opportunists. When the company was formed and the oil was been drilled,the people complaining now were they deaf and dumb then? Why did they keep quiet? They've seen that the food they had no hand in preparing is done so they want to participate in the eating.
why not read the comment made by kogi st deputy governor..

Every body wants to talk, insult and show their ignorance based on ethnicity and tribalistic fo lishness.
Only a dumb Judge would make conclusions without listening to the 2 or more parties..

1 Like

Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by ignis: 9:39am On Sep 14, 2012
omaigala: Lol. Remember, we have Ajaokuta steel company, Obajana cement company, an entrè port under construction @ Idah, coal @ Okaba, Gas deposit @ Itobe, Limestone @ Agwale etc. Good evening.
Then why is your governor and kogites no satisfied with all they have. Why are they so greedy? Ranting over the oil that belongs to anambra state. SMH

1 Like

Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by Diligence: 9:43am On Sep 14, 2012
Obi nna thanks for making it crystal clear ... to ur tents everyone and if u know u hv oil/gas "IN COMMERCIAL QTY" then do what others hv done and become Oil producing state. Period!

1 Like

Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by Mankind8(m): 9:50am On Sep 14, 2012
omaigala: Lol. Remember, we have Ajaokuta steel company, Obajana cement company, an entrè port under construction @ Idah, coal @ Okaba, Gas deposit @ Itobe, Limestone @ Agwale etc. Good evening.
so, If kogite have all these, then, Why should dey worry over oil.

[b]Since The 62% part of disputed oil is in KOGI STATE, and 38% in Anambra, But The refinery to refine the Oil is in Anambra, HOW SHOULD D F.GOVERNMENT JUDGE THIS IF NOT IN FAVOR OF ANAMBRA. Let the kogite take heart. And make do with there 17solid mineral. At least, they are more blessed for even having fraction of d oil. Or if they are not satisfy, let another refinery be put to Idah for there IBAJI oil well[b]

2 Likes

Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by hurricaneChris: 9:55am On Sep 14, 2012
Thank God the said refinery is located in Aguleri/Umuleri. Any unreasonable attempt to attack these communitties by Kogites.....Disaster or calamity will definitely be understatements.

1 Like

Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by amaba: 10:03am On Sep 14, 2012
Mr. Globe:

my opinion on peter obi has not changed. I have not seen the reason to. sorry not sorry. btw the mechinery for starting the oil company started well before his tenure. Ngige remains the best governor Anambra has had
I disagree with u. Obi is equally doing well and attracting investment in Nigeria. Obi deserves commendations. Despite the fact that he is an APGA person he overlooked partisan politics and continued with the work Mbadinuju and Ngige started.
Meanwhile, this lazy kogi people should go and build their own refinery since they claim having oil reserve. D best Anambra can do is 2 pay them for whatever crude gotten from their pre-supposed crude deposit.

1 Like

Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by emmatok(m): 10:12am On Sep 14, 2012
amaba:
I disagree with u. Obi is equally doing well and attracting investment in Nigeria. Obi deserves commendations. Despite the fact that he is an APGA person he overlooked partisan politics and continued with the work Mbadinuju and Ngige started.
Meanwhile, this lazy kogi people should go and build their own refinery since they claim having oil reserve. D best Anambra can do is 2 pay them for whatever crude gotten from their pre-supposed crude deposit.

The best Anambra can do is to leave Kogi oil well and drill elsewhere.
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by OneNaira6: 10:25am On Sep 14, 2012
PhysicsQED: I think there is some confusion about what the Kogi state government is actually claiming so I'll post the interview with the deputy governor:

What is the stake of Kogi State in the refinery?

As you may know, Orient is operating on OPL 915 and this oil field straddles several states, which include Kogi State. One of the oil wells that has been explored and capped by ELF on the ground that it is not economically viable is what is being re-explored by Orient. The well is actually in Ibaji Local Government Area of Kogi State. So, on the stretch of that, we feel it was only reasonable as a government that is concerned about the welfare of its people and that is actively participating in encouraging private investors to invest in the state to felicitate with Orient on its success story.

Don’t you think the oil wells have been conceded to Anambra State following statement by the Federal Government that Anambra has joined oil producing states?

I don’t see how one can make that extension. The oil well is in Anambra River Basin. It is a very large expanse of reserve underground with an overlay of several states on that basin and even that basin has been divided into several OPLs. Orient has 915 and 916. Now, one of the wells is in Kogi State while other wells are in Anambra State and you can drill as many holes as you want in this basin and every hole you drill is a well.

Like I said, there was a well that was drilled by ELF years ago and capped, which EFL used to call Obisi 1 but ELF now left that concession because it felt it was not a viable one and orient now applied to Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) and it was given that concession. It then went to the capped well and developed it and named it Anambra River 1. As far as their operation is concerned, they named it as such, but that still does not mean that the mere fact that Orient has found oil in Anambra has excluded Kogi State’s claim as a member of the river basin that has oil as a commodity.

Is there any controversy between Kogi and Anambra states over the oil well?

There were talks going on. Long before the issue of the oil well, there was a matter that was brought to the attention of the National Boundary Commission as it relates to communal clashes between Kogi and Anambra communities around that area. So, you can now imagine with oil now thrown into the mix, that communal issue will now require a more urgent attention for the purpose of resolving it. I can tell you that both states - well let me speak for Kogi State - we have absolute faith in the Nigeria Boundary Commission to do the right thing as far as delineating our boundaries with Anambra is concerned.

In fact, it should be done for the three states there – Kogi, Anambra and Enugu. The three states are all laying claims to one part of it or the other. But for us, we are all Nigerians. The oil underground spreads definitely beyond the boundary of these states and what we need to do is to prospect it but we have the good fortune of knowing that the one that is producing now happens to come from Odeke, a community in Ibaji LGA.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/awoniyi-with-oil-kogi-anambra-relationship-is-more-delicate/124213/

So judging from this quote. The oil is within Anambra River Basin which spreads to Enugu, Anambra and Kogi (just like orient company stated) but one state is trying to lay claim of all the oil found within that river basin and claiming it's only there's been drilled despite the owner of the said company in question said otherwise.

This post kinda contradicted the orient company comment before the whole dilemma started

we have the good fortune of knowing that the one that is producing now happens to come from Odeke, a community in Ibaji LGA.

WHERE EXACTLY IS ORIENT REFINERY LOCATED?
Our head office is in Awka. The area of our oil blocs is about 2, 158 square kilometres. Two thirds of the oil blocs; the total area is 2, 158 square kilometres. The bulk of it is in Anambra North senatorial zone in parts of Oyi, Ayamelum, Anambra East and West; four local government areas and then part of it goes into Enugu State – Uzo Uwani Local Government; Kogi State; Delta in Oshimili Local Government Area; a part of it is in Edo State as well. Oil blocs cover this but the refinery itself is located at Nsugbe; at the boundary between Nsugbe and Umuleri. There we have about 320 hectares which is already being developed. We've levelled it and we're ready to put refinery on top of it.

Shouldn't the orient company owner be the ones telling us where they drilling as oppose to the deputy governor? SMH. So all this has a political agenda behind it. Wow, greediness is not a good thing. Like I said the best way to solve the whole problem is for Orient company to leave the one in Kogi state and focus on the rest. In my opinion that is the best solution that would benefit both states. After doing so, if Kogi state still lay claim to Anambra part of the oil then take they should just take it to the court. As of now, both states are of fault

1 Like

Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by ignis: 10:27am On Sep 14, 2012
emmatok:

The best Anambra can do is to leave Kogi oil well and drill elsewhere.
Technology has gone far and left you behind. Don't you know that there is what we call Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) - with this its possible to be in anambra and direct teh drilling bit to kogi state underground, without actually going to kogi.
Take heart... U can guide you kogi all night

1 Like

Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by Kenistry(m): 10:28am On Sep 14, 2012
warrior01:
wow! You have all these and my village is far more developed than the entire Kogi. So, what do i call you guys now?
true talk ma broda, kogi state is endowed with so called resources bt in terms of development, dey r moving backwards, kogi in 1990 is more developed dan recent times
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:33am On Sep 14, 2012
Why didn't Kogi fight this matter before Omanbala was declared an oil producing area,why ? Omanbala government and her citizens slaved and laboured for several years for this great achievement,while Koge government and her ppl folded there lazy hands and watched. I will advice Orient to cap that one single well in Ibaji and focuse on the ones on our own side of the boarder. I despise lazy folks! Let kogi mobilize investors,secure approval from the feds and drill their own well on their own side of the boarder! What's wrong with these ppl? They are looking for trouble,I must say.

6 Likes

Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by Challas(m): 10:36am On Sep 14, 2012
KIDS HAVE INVADED MY ONCE PRECIOUS NAIRALAND...GO TO VANGUARD ONLINE AND READ THIS SAME POST:YOU'LL SEE LEARNED AND MATURED ARGUMENTS ON THE SAID ISSUE.....By the way,why did it take Kogi state so long to notice that the said oil well is in their domain?why did they have to wait till Orient Petroleum was commissioned to lay this claim?seems that they have forgotten of the Umuleri-Aguleri Saga?talk more of Aguleri-Umuleri combined forces.(ONYE AKPA NA NWA AGỤ AKA NA ỌDỤ) HE WHO HAS EAR.......

2 Likes

Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by wirewire(m): 10:36am On Sep 14, 2012
grin
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by wirewire(m): 10:38am On Sep 14, 2012
Peter obi said we will pray for other states to find oil.
I have more important things to pray for
grin Peter obi said we will pray for other states to find oil.
I have more important things to pray for
you don dey madt abi
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by wirewire(m): 10:39am On Sep 14, 2012
Naval sadiq: Kogi state stands out to be the richest in the country in terms of human and natural resouces.the state is endowned with aboundant natural resources.MR obi or anambanarians or what ever you call your selves.stay clear off the oil wells in kogi or you faces the consequenses of greed that consumed your war lord.alwayz looking for people to petch.rubbish.
TOOTHLESS BULL DOG, TRY AND SEE WHAT WE CAN DO.

1 Like

Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by emmatok(m): 10:40am On Sep 14, 2012
ignis:
Technology has gone far and left you behind. Don't you know that there is what we call Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) - with this its possible to be in anambra and direct teh drilling bit to kogi state underground, without actually going to kogi.

Lol Mr technology,

That does not remove the fact you are drilling from Kogi.

But I even heard it was a abandoned well from elf.
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by Dainfamous: 10:41am On Sep 14, 2012
orient refinery is drilling oil and kogi people are tearing themselves apart with greed and long throat looking at another mans investment and resources....
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by wirewire(m): 10:41am On Sep 14, 2012
IT TOOK NAIJA ARMY TO CONQUER BIAFRA,IMAGINE WHAT WE CAN DO TO ORDINARY KOGI, WE GO JUST MARCH PAST D STATE AND EVERY GO BELIEVE

1 Like

Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by OneNaira6: 10:43am On Sep 14, 2012
Challas: KIDS HAVE INVADED MY ONCE PRECIOUS NAIRALAND

Did you just call Nairaland precious?
Are you for real or are you joking?
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by Wsdm: 10:44am On Sep 14, 2012
There are some issues here: 1. where were kogi state officials when Anambara state was investing such amount on the said project? 2. Don't we have boundary commission to look into this issue now that the fish is still fresh. May God save us!
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by Kenistry(m): 10:50am On Sep 14, 2012
One_Naira:

So judging from this quote. The oil is within Anambra River Basin which spreads to Enugu, Anambra and Kogi (just like orient company stated) but one state is trying to lay claim of all the oil found within that river basin and claiming it's only there's been drilled despite the owner of the said company in question said otherwise.

This post kinda contradicted the orient company comment before the whole dilemma started

Shouldn't the orient company owner be the ones telling us where they drilling as oppose to the deputy governor? SMH. So all this has a political agenda behind it. Wow, greediness is not a good thing. Like I said the best way to solve the whole problem is for Orient company to leave the one in Kogi state and focus on the rest. In my opinion that is the best solution that would benefit both states. After doing so, if Kogi state still lay claim to Anambra part of the oil then take they should just take it to the court. As of now, both states are of fault
if Orient leave d well dey hv developed in kogi state, will Kogi pay for the cost?
I guess we all know d ans to dat. Dialogue and compromise is d only way out of dis, bt let me say dis, if Kogi is not careful dey way dey go abt dis, dey wil b in greater loss
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by Kenistry(m): 10:50am On Sep 14, 2012
One_Naira:

if Orient leave d well dey hv developed in kogi state, will Kogi pay for the cost?
I guess we all know d ans to dat. Dialogue and compromise is d only way out of dis, bt let me say dis, if Kogi is not careful dey way dey go abt dis, dey wil b in greater loss
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:50am On Sep 14, 2012
ignis:

90% of the oil blocks in the Omanbala basin are Omanbala state. What kogi has is an overflow from Omanbala blocks and the wells in kogi are not viable. Even if they were kogi don't have the finance and the initiative to execute the task,hence they try to harvest where they didn't sow. We,the Omanbalas are light years ahead of them in wisdom!

2 Likes

Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by Kenistry(m): 10:51am On Sep 14, 2012
One_Naira:

Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by Kenistry(m): 10:51am On Sep 14, 2012
One_Naira:

Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by emmatok(m): 10:56am On Sep 14, 2012
Wsdm: There are some issues here: 1. where were kogi state officials when Anambara state was investing such amount on the said project? 2. Don't we have boundary commission to look into this issue now that the fish is still fresh. May God save us!

There's is a differance btw investing in a refinery and getting an oil well.

You can build refinery anywhere and tap oil well elsewhere.
Re: Obi : Anambra Owns Disputed Oil Field by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:57am On Sep 14, 2012
Naval sadiq: Kogi state stands out to be the richest in the country in terms of human and natural resouces.the state is endowned with aboundant natural resources.MR obi or anambanarians or what ever you call your selves.stay clear off the oil wells in kogi or you faces the consequenses of greed that consumed your war lord.alwayz looking for people to petch.rubbish.

Raa nshi dere,adamu! Don't start what you can't finish! A word is enough....you know the rest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Leads In Cross River - The Nation / Ganduje Visits Qur'anic Model School / Police Shut Ondo House Of Assembly (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.