Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,013 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? (29119 Views)

What Else Do You Do With Your phone Apart From These Things? / Please Help With Blackberry Wifi Hotspot Setup / Pinging With Nokia Phone Just Like Blackberry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Aringon(m): 6:01pm On Sep 19, 2012
There r so many people here who hate blackberry becos of the way LADIES behave with it. To me, there are 2 kind of fones and that is Blackberry and the rest( dont kill me yet) The email server of blackberry is the fastest in the whole wide world and if you know that you are a business person who is always on the go, Blackberry is it. Blackberry is not all about pinging(though this is important for business people too). The other day instead of making a conference call, we did a multiperson chat,linking up with my business in Turkey and we got talking to resolve the issue.(Some people will shout hey HTC, iphone can do that) relax my friend, they cant do it perfectly well

1 Like

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by timbros(m): 6:02pm On Sep 19, 2012
adekay09:

Does your laptop have a sim card slot? and can it enter your pocket?

So each and every pdf file i get cant wait till i get home to open it? And who says i dont have my laptop on the go?
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by makizee(m): 6:04pm On Sep 19, 2012
timbros: Personally my E5 does everything a blackberry will do for any user, including pinging. Yes, pinging cuz i have my Whatsapp cheesy

Blackberry? Thanks, but no thanks...

Are u me, u sounded just like me there mehn...- love my nokia E5 die, but the blackberry bug just bit me, funny enough, I hardly ping/bbming .mostly browsing cuz d nature of what I do needs me to be on the interne most times, I do same with my E5 (mostly with wi-fi) cuz my network data charge high small, but with my bb monthly subscription, na to dey browse dey go without worrying too much about data charges
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 19, 2012
E5 of course smiley

1 Like

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by timbros(m): 6:04pm On Sep 19, 2012
adekay09:

1000 applications to do basically the same job, GENIUS...carry on

Isnt it my phone? Isnt it my space? Isnt it my data?

#NaWao
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by joanana(f): 6:07pm On Sep 19, 2012
hassymo5:

so how does this affect the price of garri!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plz "garri" quote in any topic is not allowed on Nairaland, unless u dey invite them to ban u!!!! If u dnt ve anything to say, pass abeg, before them ban u oooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by timbros(m): 6:09pm On Sep 19, 2012
Aringon: There r so many people here who hate blackberry becos of the way LADIES behave with it. To me, there are 2 kind of fones and that is Blackberry and the rest( dont kill me yet) The email server of blackberry is the fastest in the whole wide world and if you know that you are a business person who is always on the go, Blackberry is it. Blackberry is not all about pinging(though this is important for business people too). The other day instead of making a conference call, we did a multiperson chat,linking up with my business in Turkey and we got talking to resolve the issue.(Some people will shout hey HTC, iphone can do that) relax my friend, they cant do it perfectly well

How exactly do u mean @ bolded?
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by timbros(m): 6:12pm On Sep 19, 2012
Brainrex: E5 of course smiley

Thats what im talking about! As if na only BB dey do email notification on the go...

Btw which network is that showing 4G...hmmm my Eti is 3.5G here ooo
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by joanana(f): 6:13pm On Sep 19, 2012
mega f: everyone now have BB...

oga not everybody!!!! plz speak for ya self!!!!! cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Slimboy94(m): 6:13pm On Sep 19, 2012
timbros:

Why do i have a laptop?
we are nt talking about laptop here u still haven't answered my question
can ur e5 open a pdf file straight with its browser without the use of any application
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by timbros(m): 6:19pm On Sep 19, 2012
Slimboy94:
can ur e5 open a pdf file straight with its browser without the use of any application

So that is why BB is the best phone? If i cant do it with my E5, does it mean i cant access pdf files again? And must i access it directly from the browser? If i open it with an application, does that make the content different?

BTW How long does ur battery last? Compare that to E5....
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by InvertedHammer: 6:20pm On Sep 19, 2012
So all these noise is all about freaking text messaging using BB phones. I feel sorry for the Nigeria youth. No ideas, no motivation, no creativity...just
hanging on to some end-user products to identify oneself. Thank God I have already made up my mind never to step feet in that country again.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by basking4me: 6:21pm On Sep 19, 2012
Now what does my blackberry bold 4 do outside of pinging!!..

1. I do metric conversion

2. I assign bandwidth/internet speed to users in my office.

3. I access my company private intranet email on the go.

4. I block internet users in my office for abuse.

5. I monitor office internet downloads and uploads from the BBB4

6. I edit my websites and those of clients from the bbm4

7. everythin I do on my desktop pc.. I seem to be able to do it on the bb.. only now.. its done remotely
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by temmym4(m): 6:23pm On Sep 19, 2012
hassymo5:

so how does this affect the price of garri!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grin grin Why not the price of fuel..
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by makizee(m): 6:37pm On Sep 19, 2012
goofie: see beef for bb as usual...LWKMD.

its simple.u dont like it, dont use it.

hell i dont like noisy China fones but i dont go bitching about it.

and pls...theres no comparism btw bb chat and whatsaap. whaaasup ddoesnt have expressive emoticons and u dont get to choose ur contacts.

my gen repairer suddenly started chatting wit me on whaasup jst cos i hv his number...for how now
It has emoticons o but I agree on d one of not having a choice ow who connects one on whatsapp though...ur gen repairer na soji man
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by makizee(m): 6:41pm On Sep 19, 2012
Lagusta: WHAT I DO WITH MY BLACKBERRY

Antimosquito: drives away mosquitoes within a one yard radius, useful when outside....

Mydoc2pdf converter: converts anything to pdf, I mean it, anything

Zipper: yeah, zip and unzip your files without using a PC, aint that wonderful??

OS7.1: that version can convert your blackberry into a hotspot, network dependent

Games: playtomo, combat ludo, pool, real football 2012.....

Who was that comparing a BB to a nokia E5, can an E5 act as a hotspot for free, can it convert docs to pdf, can it create word, ppt documents, is whatsapp encrypted

Please, gimme a blackberry and I show u a "small but mighty" phone....
Except from bn an hotspot for wifi connectivity, a nokia E5 can do virtually all u listed here,pdf files conversion, word and all dt good sturv...aybe you should check the phone out...I have a bb too though.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by saintugo(m): 6:41pm On Sep 19, 2012
Greetins Nairalanders,
Hmmm,interestin Thread well if u are still and only usin ur BB for The BBM and orda social media platforms,am sori to say dis dat u are grossly under utilizin ur BB device and ur subscription.

The BB device is a device designed and made for very matured and business minded pple,cos it takes a very matured and business minded person to discipline his/her self not to be carried away with d BBM feature,cos if u are time conscious u will not say d BB device is a complete waste of ur time.

Take me for example,I am into research,my BB device has really aided me in d use of some of ma statistical tools I apply on ma collected data,it runs d analysis faster dan a PC,and does it on d go,ma BB device has also aided me in writin some of ma research articles dat I am yet to publish but have deir abstracts on ma blog,using the Words to go and PDF to go Apps on ma BB device.

So ma dear nairalanders I can go on and on about d BB device, but I think its best u guys discover more for urselves.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by ikekings(m): 6:44pm On Sep 19, 2012
With ”word press“ on my bb i can keep track of my anytime, anywhere...
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Slimboy94(m): 6:46pm On Sep 19, 2012
timbros:

So that is why BB is the best phone? If i cant do it with my E5, does it mean i cant access pdf files again? And must i access it directly from the browser? If i open it with an application, does that make the content different?

BTW How long does ur battery last? Compare that to E5....
streaming iz more easier on blackberry dan e5
and don't talk about battery cos d phone works differently blacberry updates ur faceboo,twitter,bbm,whatsapp every minutes but on e5 its different
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by fredie107(m): 6:48pm On Sep 19, 2012
BB ni BB ko!!! Wallowing in poverty and complaining of no job, Yet BB is ur priority!!! 3310 carry go.... grin
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by raynold17(m): 6:50pm On Sep 19, 2012
I don't knw about the E5 or E7 but one thing is for sure u can never compare a bb to an android phone.I use airtel which allows me pay 1200 for 1.2gig almost same with bis... and for God sake android email is the fastest.. twitter for android 100 times better than blackberries.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by timbros(m): 6:57pm On Sep 19, 2012
Slimboy94:
streaming iz more easier on blackberry dan e5
and don't talk about battery cos d phone works differently blacberry updates ur faceboo,twitter,bbm,whatsapp every minutes but on e5 its different

And who says E5 doesnt update? Lol... Dont underestimate my E5 bro...

Why wont i talk about battery? If u have a flat battery, whats the use of all the apps in ur phone? If ur BB battery cant last long, how will u get ur updates? How will u open those pdf files u talked about? How will u read that email u get? HOW WILL U OPERATE THE PHONE when the battery doesnt last?

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by timbros(m): 6:59pm On Sep 19, 2012
raynold17 :
I don't knw about the E5 or E7 but one thing is for sure u can never compare a bb to an android phone.I use airtel which allows me pay 1200 for 1.2gig almost same with bis... and for God sake android email is the fastest.. twitter for android 100 times better than blackberries.

Please whats the subscription code for airtel 1.2gb?
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Neoluv(m): 7:03pm On Sep 19, 2012
Omon605:
My broda that is a pure lie, if really u used galaxy note because I used one. Galaxy note and any BBM you can think of have no comprising in any form at all.

Bro,what are you talking bout?....I have 10 mail boxes from yahoo to gmail,to windows live.....now tell me how to set all of them up on my galaxy note so that I can receive mails in real time,not every 5 minutes,android phones r only good with gmail....I know what am saying!.... ....

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by lat4real: 7:05pm On Sep 19, 2012
timbros:

Please whats the subscription code for airtel 1.2gb?

*440*4# or bsm to 440
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by obichukwuzoni(m): 7:07pm On Sep 19, 2012
Omon605: Most of the bbm can't play a full HD videos, they can't even open ordinary PDF files. The phone is only selling in the Nigeria market. Pls try galaxy note and smash your bbm

Bb can open pdf file. D OS7 powered phones have the pdf viewer installed already for OS6, use Document2Go PDF viewer (NB: u need to purchase the app).
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 19, 2012
fredie107: BB ni BB ko!!! Wallowing in poverty and complaining of no job, Yet BB is ur priority!!! 3310 carry go.... grin
lmao...3310 ko, 1100 ni... u really got me laffing dude...
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by DexxyAlebs(m): 7:11pm On Sep 19, 2012
in the movie "the God must be crazy" we saw many other use of a bottle apart from what we've already known. The blackberry device is definitely whatever u have call or subject it to but it's primary function is a business phone. However u can still get part of this function from other devices. M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ take on this issue is whether its an iphone or bb or nokia torchlight get the best out of your device and stop. Even if Йą only news u dey use am read.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 19, 2012
raynold17 :
exactly bro, i so much like my android...it make sense too much
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by makizee(m): 7:12pm On Sep 19, 2012
Slimboy94:

I don't even know why the guy u asked the question seems to be dodging it cuz a nokia E5 wey I dey use can and will open a pdf file straight cuz it came wit it from the factory, one dude already posted it's office application showing the pdf icon sef
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by STENACO: 7:18pm On Sep 19, 2012
I used nokia and androids all my life before going to  and I have used many brand of . The only thing  offers is unlimited internet download which makes it cheap ƒσя internet. Android phones A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ very G̲̣̣̣̥o̲̣̥O̲̣̣̥ƌ̲̣̣̣̥ in all but very expensive to maintain. Nokia is less in maintenace than androids. Apart from pinging which is P to P data sharing there is no other fantastic thing on BB
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Pennywise(m): 7:22pm On Sep 19, 2012
I had chosen not to renew by bb subscription when I picked up my new GS3. I consider myself a very average user of internet but GS3 managed to clean up 1.5gb of data from my fone every 5-6days at a cost of 4k averaging 20k per mth. Most of my browsing is done with my desktop on which I have a running internet subscription.

Now I am happily back to my bb at 1.5k/mth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? / Price, Specs Of Infinix Note 6 In Nigeria / Realme Phones - Let's Discuss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.