Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,916 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? (29118 Views)

What Else Do You Do With Your phone Apart From These Things? / Please Help With Blackberry Wifi Hotspot Setup / Pinging With Nokia Phone Just Like Blackberry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Seyilome(m): 7:24pm On Sep 19, 2012
Ishola87: why are worry ourself becus of worldly thins.Asan naa ni gbogbo e
EVEN AS WEALTHY SOLOMON WAS HE LATER SAID 'I LOOK UNTO WORLD AND I SEE THAT EVERYTHING IS VERNITY UPON VERNITY'
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 19, 2012
Seyilome: EVEN AS WEALTHY SOLOMON WAS HE LATER SAID 'I LOOK UNTO WORLD AND I SEE THAT EVERYTHING IS VERNITY UPON VERNITY'
yea exactly..vanity upon vanity
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by mhozzis(m): 7:27pm On Sep 19, 2012
makizee:
Except from bn an hotspot for wifi connectivity, a nokia E5 can do virtually all u listed here,pdf files conversion, word and all dt good sturv...aybe you should check the phone out...I have a bb too though.
EVEN UR E5 CAN BE USED AS HOTSPOT BRO. GET JOIKU SPOT AND SHARE UR INTERNET WITH ANYBODY OVER WIFI
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by adonisyung(m): 7:30pm On Sep 19, 2012
ben4ever: blackberry is a very good way to waste productive time on pinging
because U̶̲̥̅̊ d0nt have!

1 Like

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by raynold17(m): 7:38pm On Sep 19, 2012
Neo-luv:

Bro,what are you talking bout?....I have 10 mail boxes from yahoo to gmail,to windows live.....now tell me how to set all of them up on my galaxy note so that I can receive mails in real time,not every 5 minutes,android phones r only good with gmail....I know what am saying!.... ....
install k-9 mail or any other good mail app(Google is ur best frnd) on your background setting and your good.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Neoluv(m): 7:45pm On Sep 19, 2012
Pasblack:
I use an iphone, and I get my mails on d go. If u dont get it dat way, u might want to reconfigure it in ur mail setting
Pls how many mails do you have?.....iphone,android are in the same category when it comes to email....if you're business oriented,need your mails available asap and also organised properly ,blackberry is the last bus stop!.....
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Neoluv(m): 7:49pm On Sep 19, 2012
timbros:

lol...as if i dont recieve emails on the go in my E5. Dont make me laugh.... Just update ur email in "mailbox" menu and u will get notifications on incoming emails instanta!

If you're still using a nokia,den you're still sleeping bro,this is 2012 .....just like comparing an old navy jacket to a gucci sweater ...lolz...
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by ogahope(m): 7:52pm On Sep 19, 2012
InvertedHammer: Sorry for my ignorance...What is pinging? I keep hearing this term especially from people in Nigeria. I have never heard this term in US and I have lived in California
for the last years.
Get ur self a BB smartphone nd u will get d flow
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by DadaStephen1(m): 8:00pm On Sep 19, 2012
The bad thing about Nigerians is that we are only consumers of gadgets but ignoramuses when it comes to its know how.
Its not a good thing to compare BlackBerry with any Nokia or Java phone.
Blackberries save u a lot of cash for data subscription.
You can use a BlackBerry to check a woman's pregnancy status
You can use your BlackBerry GPS to locate anywhere
Have you used the BlackBerry password keeper?
The sound record portion of the BlackBerry was made for journalists and musicians, even if u whisper,it picks it loud and clear.
There are more other useful and dangerous things you could do with the BB that other phones cannot do but won't be revealed to you for some reasons. You have to research and not just talk the BB down.
Its a tool and not just a phone

1 Like

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by belvic: 8:10pm On Sep 19, 2012
I use my BB for a whole lot of things. Like from facebook on my BB, I enter vanguard news, the nation news paper, naija gossip, naija comedy club,and naira land to know what is going on around me. U see BB is no only for pinging. There are alots of things u can do with ur BB.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Mbuko91(m): 8:12pm On Sep 19, 2012
InvertedHammer: Sorry for my ignorance...What is pinging? I keep hearing this term especially from people in Nigeria. I have never heard this term in US and I have lived in California
for the last years.
pinging is when u realise that ur i.q is low and u nid to consult d dictionary at each mention of a word,even as simple as letter 'a'...stp d sarcasm and make useful comments
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by milky3(f): 8:13pm On Sep 19, 2012
Pls w@ is it called in USA/CALIFONIA. Since u ve never heard of d word 'Pinging' ?
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Neoluv(m): 8:17pm On Sep 19, 2012
raynold17 :
install k-9 mail or any other good mail app(Google is ur best frnd) on your background setting and your good.

Av tried k9 mail(with the dog head logo) and so many others....even "system 7" but they r not reliable,I was using htc desire hd and I thought galaxy note would improve in the email aspect and bought it but when I discovered it was lagging in that area,I hurriedly went to get a bold 5...bro,blackberry is simply the best when it comes to email!!!!!.....E0D
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Mbuko91(m): 8:19pm On Sep 19, 2012
blackchukky:

grin grin grin GBAGAUN grin grin grin
bros na die o
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by milky3(f): 8:20pm On Sep 19, 2012
Txs 4 d@ correction jare!
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by olagamalin(m): 8:23pm On Sep 19, 2012
Hmmn, say what you will...but I will state it boldly that my MTN unlimited data plan has bin awesome so far....I downloading gigabyte files with ease...
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Mbuko91(m): 8:30pm On Sep 19, 2012
usdane:
GBAM!!! U don talk my mind. Hence i recerve my comments
no be only recerve,na reside!
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by wonlasewonimi: 8:32pm On Sep 19, 2012
BB with blackberry enterprise server, the world is your oyster. It goes beyond a phone to play games, it's a business tool coupled with unhackable end-to-end connection.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by ayando(m): 8:33pm On Sep 19, 2012
the basic truth is dis: bb is the smartest toy in world for now until bb10 comes out.if u wnt seamless reception of mails n data compression then bb is for u.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 19, 2012
Brainrex: bb is just a java phone without pinging
you are right my brother
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 19, 2012
7 Reasons Why Blackberry
Sucks and You Shouldn’t Buy
One

1. Justin Trudeau, a Top Canadian Politician,
Confirms BB Sucks RIM (Reasearch in Motion) is the Canadian
company that manufactures Blackberry (in
case you didn’t know) but lately, they’ve had
lots to deal with including this tweet from a
top Canadian politician: Ok, now I officially hate this
Blackberry. Stupid
ineffective touch screen
mislaunching tweets. Plus I
can’t multitask, apparently. That’s a confirmation on how ineffective
Blackberry is at being a good Smartphone. He
said his BB couldn’t multitask but I assume
that’s a personal experience. BB can do
multitasking but whatever got the man tweet
that got to be pretty annoying.

2. Limited Applications and Games If you’re the type that love messing around
with all sort of applications, you’ll regret
buying a Blackberry device. It’s obvious app
developers are not interested in developing
for Blackberry OS. Their app world sucks big
time. I run Adobe Photoshop Express on my iPhone and there are tons of applications on
iTunes store, Google Play and Ovi that you’ll
never find on Blackberry, not in the next 50
years. Wait, does blackberry support HD games? I
run Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 on my iPhone
with full commentary and stunning graphics.

3. You can’t even Customize the Stupid Thing Well, I’m a geek and I love doing whatever I
like with my device. I use a Symbian phone and
iPhone, both hacked and jailbroken
respectively. I can customize my device, do
whatever I like with the OS but with a
Blackberry phone, this is impossible.

4. The User Interface is Ugly You user interface isn’t modern to me but
Blackberry users believe “it’s Blackberry” so it has to be that way. I think you need to wake
up!

5. Blackberry Messenger? Facebook Chat has
More Users! The only thing Blackberry has that you can’t
find on other phones is their Blackberry
messenger. But wait, those using Blackberry
messenger don’t use Facebook chat? BBM is
not enough reason to but a Blackberry phone,
I can still contact my friends on Facebook chat that’s even more widely used, with or
without my mobile phone around. Think about it, only a fraction of your friends
are on Blackberry messenger, almost
everyone of them use Facebook chat.

6. The Web Browser is so Ineffective With the Safari browser on my iPhone, I can
open every single web page on the internet
without any problem, displaying the page
exactly as it would look like on my notebook.
The other day I was using a friend’s
Blackberry, it sucked even more than I imagined! Last time I checked, Symbian Anna
and Android supports flash!

7. The Design Sucks Big Time You can’t compare my sleek, elegant iPhone
with any Blackberry device in market.
Blackberry isn’t attractive one bit and there
are better looking touch based devices
running Android OS and Symbian. The qwerty
keypad is rather too small for me (hey, I’ve got big fingers lol ), the virtual keyboard on iOS is a lot better if you ask me. The future belongs to touch based devices and
it seems RIM is trying to catch up on that,
copying Apple, Samsung and other smartphone
manufacturers. They failed at that! The touchscreen doesn’t
work right. I have to
constantly turn off my
phone, take the battery
out, wait a minute, put the
battery back in, and restart my phone just to
get it to half way work!!!
Even after I do that it still
doesn’t work right!!!! That’s a Blackberry user lamenting at it’s
effectiveness. You shouldn’t buy a blackberry
phone if you need a real smartphone.
Blackberry is nothing but a toy to me and the
operating system is nothing to write home
about. You can scream all you want, I’m just saying my mind here and if you feel the way I
do, please share this blog post on Facebook
and hit the +1 button! Tell your friend
Blackberry sucks!
http://www.doncaprio.com/2012/05/7-reasons-why-blackberry-sucks-and-you-shouldnt-buy-one.html
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by ITbomb(m): 9:11pm On Sep 19, 2012
makizee:
Except from bn an hotspot for wifi connectivity, a nokia E5 can do virtually all u listed here,pdf files conversion, word and all dt good sturv...aybe you should check the phone out...I have a bb too though.
Wrong , with my Joiku in E5, I provide internet at 4g to every wifi device around me with airtel 1gig
And I can never be lost in any city with my nokia map - online and offline , as long as u can see the heavens.
Can BB give u that?
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by jedisco(m): 9:12pm On Sep 19, 2012
Dada-Stephen:
The bad thing about Nigerians is that we are only consumers of gadgets but ignoramuses when it comes to its know how.
Its not a good thing to compare BlackBerry with any Nokia or Java phone.
Blackberries save u a lot of cash for data subscription.
You can use a BlackBerry to check a woman's pregnancy status
You can use your BlackBerry GPS to locate anywhere
Have you used the BlackBerry password keeper?
The sound record portion of the BlackBerry was made for journalists and musicians, even if u whisper,it picks it loud and clear.
There are more other useful and dangerous things you could do with the BB that other phones cannot do but won't be revealed to you for some reasons. You have to research and not just talk the BB down.
Its a tool and not just a phone

Hahahaha

Trust me, I love BBs especially cos of their cheap data cost but you post got me laughing hard.

Infact I was just glancing through posts but when I saw yours, I couldn't resist replying.
The funny thing is that you claim to know alot. Please what are those 'dangerous' things?

1 Like

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by emabe: 9:29pm On Sep 19, 2012
walcolm: BB is a solid enterprise device. it was built originally for business uses and offered zero entertainment or fun factor

if you know what you are doing and you are business minded, with just a BB and absolutely no laptop or desktop around you, you can keep in touch with your business associates all over the world as if you are working from your office. no other smartphone gives you that level of dexterity, security and robustness when there's no PC around. you can churn out solid business proposals with text and graphics on the go. you can stay on top of all your emails no matter how many email addresses and which server is hosting those email addresses

most people started being able to use BB when the company started releasing general end-user friendly versions which was heralded by the release of the BBM that most people now talk about.

when the BB10 is released next year, the BB will be at par in terms of fun and entertainment as you currently get on androids and iphones
Sorry i don't agree with u. BB is rubbish compared 2 some other devices. I used a BB b4 was forced to upgrade 2 an android. I now use Samsung S2 to keep in touch with my stuff. If u've used a wide range of fones u'd know what am talking of.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by benzion72(m): 9:30pm On Sep 19, 2012
BB design is primarily for Business minded people. With it you are as good being in your office 24/7. Also there is no Smart that is data/Money saver like Blackberry, with 1500 I download as much as many gigabyte data as I want, you don't get that anywhere

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by emabe: 9:37pm On Sep 19, 2012
jedisco:

Hahahaha

Trust me, I love BBs especially cos of their cheap data cost but you post got me laughing had.

Infact I was just glancing through posts but when I saw yours, I couldn't resist replying.
The funny thing is that you claim to know alot. Please what are those 'dangerous' things?
I agree wit u to an extend but u r not on d point. All these thing BB can do android does it better. When u compared d apps on BB d& androids, u'd see android apps r better, more cost effective & cheaper. Like i said, i used d two. I used to have 2 buy my BB apps but since i upgraded 2 android I've not bought and app yet cos almost all sold app on android have free versions. Checking a woman's pregnancy u mentioned in BB, I know d app and used it too. Its finer on android, oh and also faster. Look just go for android and u won't regret it.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by emabe: 9:39pm On Sep 19, 2012
benzion72: BB design is primarily for Business minded people. With it you are as good being in your office 24/7. Also there is no Smart that is data/Money saver like Blackberry, with 1500 I download as much as many gigabyte data as I want, you don't get that anywhere
I got larger gb with my android
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by betrani(m): 9:55pm On Sep 19, 2012
walcolm: BB is a solid enterprise device. it was built originally for business uses and offered zero entertainment or fun factor

if you know what you are doing and you are business minded, with just a BB and absolutely no laptop or desktop around you, you can keep in touch with your business associates all over the world as if you are working from your office. no other smartphone gives you that level of dexterity, security and robustness when there's no PC around. you can churn out solid business proposals with text and graphics on the go. you can stay on top of all your emails no matter how many email addresses and which server is hosting those email addresses

most people started being able to use BB when the company started releasing general end-user friendly versions which was heralded by the release of the BBM that most people now talk about.

when the BB10 is released next year, the BB will be at par in terms of fun and entertainment as you currently get on androids and iphones
u lie! There is absolutely not spectacular abt BB other than the whatsapp equivalent!
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by betrani(m): 9:57pm On Sep 19, 2012
Aringon: There r so many people here who hate blackberry becos of the way LADIES behave with it. To me, there are 2 kind of fones and that is Blackberry and the rest( dont kill me yet) The email server of blackberry is the fastest in the whole wide world and if you know that you are a business person who is always on the go, Blackberry is it. Blackberry is not all about pinging(though this is important for business people too). The other day instead of making a conference call, we did a multiperson chat,linking up with my business in Turkey and we got talking to resolve the issue.(Some people will shout hey HTC, iphone can do that) relax my friend, they cant do it perfectly well
says who?
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by jedisco(m): 9:59pm On Sep 19, 2012
emabe:
I agree wit u to an extend but u r not on d point. All these thing BB can do android does it better. When u compared d apps on BB d& androids, u'd see android apps r better, more cost effective & cheaper. Like i said, i used d two. I used to have 2 buy my BB apps but since i upgraded 2 android I've not bought and app yet cos almost all sold app on android have free versions. Checking a woman's pregnancy u mentioned in BB, I know d app and used it too. Its finer on android, oh and also faster. Look just go for android and u won't regret it.

Mr. Man, are you on sharks??
Wetin concern you and my post or didn't you see I was replying someone?
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by MoonRaker2: 10:00pm On Sep 19, 2012
Jeffy1206: wrong dere though hate dem for ba3 and wow luv dem for less data consumption.mhen i jelous bb users for de cheap services dere get.
Anywhere bb is kul bt com on bb is jst a general name y are compelin wit one nokia product.e5
Plz,check out samsung galaxy series,nokia lumia series & Htc legend no BB comes near them in term of durability,ba3 wit loads of exciting apps.i bet u,u 'll feel lyk 2rowin ur BB away.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Engen(m): 10:25pm On Sep 19, 2012
JUST ONE WORD: BIS,part of the world I live I spend so much money acquiring data on my Iphone just to sync my files on dropbox..but blackberry I pay little for a whole month on data...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? / Price, Specs Of Infinix Note 6 In Nigeria / Realme Phones - Let's Discuss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.