Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,095 members, 7,953,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:34 PM

Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? (29373 Views)

What Else Do You Do With Your phone Apart From These Things? / Please Help With Blackberry Wifi Hotspot Setup / Pinging With Nokia Phone Just Like Blackberry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by sympathy55(m): 4:19pm On Sep 19, 2012
you guys are just saying desame thing and it hasnt answer the above question.All i know is that BB is all about pinging and charting weda business or no business.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 19, 2012
Many things!
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by EPOMA(m): 4:19pm On Sep 19, 2012
Neo-luv:
When it comes to push email and the rest...blackberry comes first....av tried iphone,android(currently using samsung galaxy note and bold 9900),blackberry receives mails faster than the computer ...if your emails are very important to you and you don't have a bb,then you're joking!!

Very true, and i use voicenote quite a lot at no cost

1 Like

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Pasblack(m): 4:19pm On Sep 19, 2012
Neo-luv:
When it comes to push email and the rest...blackberry comes first....av tried iphone,android(currently using samsung galaxy note and bold 9900),blackberry receives mails faster than the computer ...if your emails are very important to you and you don't have a bb,then you're joking!!
I use an iphone, and I get my mails on d go. If u dont get it dat way, u might want to reconfigure it in ur mail setting
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by calabaman(m): 4:20pm On Sep 19, 2012
I use an E5 too and i must say its an excellent fone. With apps like: whatsapp, torchlight, HD games, skype, radio, mail on d GO etc The only downside is the lil data data bundle of 260MB for 1k(etisalat) which doesnt give me enuf leg room to download as i would have loved. Where as BIS subscription goes with 3GB for next to ntin
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Dopefiend(m): 4:21pm On Sep 19, 2012
Oga  is one of d 'ideal' fones for nigeria. Wit d charges for data plans nd wat not, I tink  is an ideal fone on d go.push notifications,unlimited data bundle for one mnth for jst a token of 1500 or so(depends on d ntwrk). Maybe if we had wireless connectivity in d country, android or iphone or any oda fancy fone would be prefered bt we in naija niccas!
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by goofie: 4:24pm On Sep 19, 2012
see beef for bb as usual...LWKMD.

its simple.u dont like it, dont use it.

hell i dont like noisy China fones but i dont go bitching about it.

and pls...theres no comparism btw bb chat and whatsaap. whaaasup ddoesnt have expressive emoticons and u dont get to choose ur contacts.

my gen repairer suddenly started chatting wit me on whaasup jst cos i hv his number...for how now

3 Likes

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by goofie: 4:26pm On Sep 19, 2012
sympathy55: you guys are just saying desame thing and it hasnt answer the above question.All i know is that BB is all about pinging and charting weda business or no business.

i thot someone alrdy mentioned features like the OS, youtube, skype and all. mme ked nkpo!!
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Lagusta(m): 4:27pm On Sep 19, 2012
WHAT I DO WITH MY BLACKBERRY

Antimosquito: drives away mosquitoes within a one yard radius, useful when outside....

Mydoc2pdf converter: converts anything to pdf, I mean it, anything

Zipper: yeah, zip and unzip your files without using a PC, aint that wonderful??

OS7.1: that version can convert your blackberry into a hotspot, network dependent

Games: playtomo, combat ludo, pool, real football 2012.....

Who was that comparing a BB to a nokia E5, can an E5 act as a hotspot for free, can it convert docs to pdf, can it create word, ppt documents, is whatsapp encrypted

Please, gimme a blackberry and I show u a "small but mighty" phone....

3 Likes

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by InvertedHammer: 4:28pm On Sep 19, 2012
sexy glow: My dear when you send an sms from a phone number to another is called text message right? in Niger a message from a BBM contact to another is called pinging.

Oh I see. Thanks. Pinging = text messaging. I even googled "pinging". LOL. [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by NEROSKY(m): 4:29pm On Sep 19, 2012
walcolm: BB is a solid enterprise device. it was built originally for business uses and offered zero entertainment or fun factor

if you know what you are doing and you are business minded, with just a BB and absolutely no laptop or desktop around you, you can keep in touch with your business associates all over the world as if you are working from your office. no other smartphone gives you that level of dexterity, security and robustness when there's no PC around. you can churn out solid business proposals with text and graphics on the go. you can stay on top of all your emails no matter how many email addresses and which server is hosting those email addresses

most people started being able to use BB when the company started releasing general end-user friendly versions which was heralded by the release of the BBM that most people now talk about.

when the BB10 is released next year, the BB will be at par in terms of fun and entertainment as you currently get on androids and iphones
oga 4get dat tin... My nokia doz it beta,,,
just 1 questn n am out,, can u go a day widout removin ur 88 battery?
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by kpolli(m): 4:32pm On Sep 19, 2012
The amount of blackberry haters is scary, I wonder if its the cost. . . . But second dey naaa undecided
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 19, 2012
everyone now have BB...
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by elari(m): 4:33pm On Sep 19, 2012
sumtymes i laff at nairalanders when they fail to give a constructive critique, yet insult and want to argue with a point. The question remains, "what can a bb do that other smartphones can't do"? I use a nokia E7, and its not only one of the best to have come out from Nokia, bt from the technological world. So over to BB freaks, apart from pinging and "unlimited data plan". Wat can a BB do that my nokia E7 or timbros E5 cant do?
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 19, 2012
mega f: everyone now have BB...
And that makes it rubbish? My friend go and seat down. It's your type that will buy the iPhone 5 simply because, "its not yet in vogue."
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 19, 2012
Zeddicus:
And that makes it rubbish? My friend go and seat down. It's your type that will buy the iPhone 5 simply because, "its not yet in vogue."
chai....u na de vex? take it easy bros
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by elari(m): 4:39pm On Sep 19, 2012
kpolli: The amount of blackberry haters is scary, I wonder if its the cost. . . . But second dey naaa undecided
. . .kpolli, its not a matter of cost. Apart from the BB porsche, other high end nokia phones can compete with the prices of BB.QeD
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by timbros(m): 4:40pm On Sep 19, 2012
Neo-luv:

lol...as if i dont recieve emails on the go in my E5. Dont make me laugh.... Just update ur email in "mailbox" menu and u will get notifications on incoming emails instanta!
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by timbros(m): 4:43pm On Sep 19, 2012
calabaman: I use an E5 too and i must say its an excellent fone. With apps like: whatsapp, torchlight, HD games, skype, radio, mail on d GO etc The only downside is the lil data data bundle of 260MB for 1k(etisalat) which doesnt give me enuf leg room to download as i would have loved. Where as BIS subscription goes with 3GB for next to ntin

GBAM!
GBAM!!
GBAM!!!

Best comment so far!
Black wetin? Nokia all the way!!
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 19, 2012
I use my Torch to watch P0rn on the go. The screen is bigger and better. I love tongue

2 Likes

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by timbros(m): 4:47pm On Sep 19, 2012
elari: sumtymes i laff at nairalanders when they fail to give a constructive critique, yet insult and want to argue with a point. The question remains, "what can a bb do that other smartphones can't do"? I use a nokia E7, and its not only one of the best to have come out from Nokia, bt from the technological world. So over to BB freaks, apart from pinging and "unlimited data plan". Wat can a BB do that my nokia E7 or timbros E5 cant do?

Helep me ask them abeg...
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by hammedkola(m): 4:48pm On Sep 19, 2012
I still prefer Nokia to BB because here in Maiduguri, you need to wrap your BB with a water soaked towel before it charges or place it on a chilled sachet water and to top it off, keep it inside a refrigerator.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by raynold17(m): 4:52pm On Sep 19, 2012
#facts bbs is manly used for it's unlimited data cap and pinging. blackberry have been knock out of the top five phones by 3 phones running on android. Nigeria is the only place bb still sells... talking about mail there 100s of apps. that are very fast in delivering of mail(k-9 mail).. I've used a bb but if you want the best out of a mobile phone try an android phone...

1 Like

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by basisop(m): 4:53pm On Sep 19, 2012
InvertedHammer: Sorry for my ignorance...What is pinging? I keep hearing this term especially from people in Nigeria. I have never heard this term in US and I have lived in California
for the last years.

Pinging is a BB app for fishing. Activate it and stand close to the nearest river and count your catch. Heard it works perfectly well in California. Give it a try.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by timbros(m): 4:54pm On Sep 19, 2012
Lagusta: WHAT I DO WITH MY BLACKBERRY

Antimosquito: drives away mosquitoes within a one yard radius, useful when outside....

Zipper: yeah, zip and unzip your files without using a PC, aint that wonderful??

OS7.1: that version can convert your blackberry into a hotspot, network dependent

Who was that comparing a BB to a nokia E5, can an E5 act as a hotspot for free, can it convert docs to pdf, can it create word, ppt documents, is whatsapp encrypted

This is "office" menu of E5... Go figure it and compare it with ur bolded..

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by santakris(m): 4:54pm On Sep 19, 2012
InvertedHammer: Sorry for my ignorance...What is pinging? I keep hearing this term especially from people in Nigeria. I have never heard this term in US and I have lived in California
for the last years.
Oga Americana google it na. U sure say no be ur village u dey?
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by elari(m): 4:57pm On Sep 19, 2012
Lagusta: WHAT I DO WITH MY BLACKBERRY

. . .apart 4rm pinging and encryption, my E7 does all dat
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by timbros(m): 4:59pm On Sep 19, 2012
goofie: see beef for bb as usual...LWKMD.

its simple.u dont like it, dont use it.

hell i dont like noisy China fones but i dont go bitching about it.

and pls...theres no comparism btw bb chat and whatsaap. whaaasup ddoesnt have expressive emoticons and u dont get to choose ur contacts.

my gen repairer suddenly started chatting wit me on whaasup jst cos i hv his number...for how now

Because it a "gen repairer" it has become a bad thing for him to chat wit u. If it was a girl now, no matter how she is, u wont complain cuz its a girl. #smh
And who says ur gen repairer cant buy a BB to ping with?

#SorryForYourMentality

3 Likes

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Imyourex(m): 5:03pm On Sep 19, 2012
BB over rated,grin
SG Super rated, grin
Nokia 3310 Multi Rated cheesy

1 Like

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by wealthydan(m): 5:03pm On Sep 19, 2012
how about using your fones BB, NOKIA, HTC, SAMSUNG............ Internet enabled phones to make money from giant companies like facebook, google, twitter......... contact me for details 08186020388 07080832203 08067397031 daniel
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 19, 2012
BB drives mosquitoes and insects away at night with the LED light.
BB pursues evil spirits or WINSHES away at night with LED light.
BB Porsche makes everyone that stumbles on me to bow down and greet me honorably.
BB Porsche made Traffic Police on the high-way bow and give me a pass without charge after mistakenly violating traffic light.
BB enables me bed the most pretty angels cos with BB, chics are on your palms and a ping away
BB Enterprise e-mail services keep me in touch with staff, business partners, family etc
BBM.....nothing like it.. No more spending on texting
BB BIS subscription subsidy from MTN automatically lessened my call bill from 25K monthly to about 7K monthly now
BB...What can I do without you.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by sunmolabukolay: 5:05pm On Sep 19, 2012
To me bb is a good phone,actually am using E5,But in comparism it's just a little different

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

NCC Suspends SIM Sale, Registration / 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery / List Of Android Smartphones That Will Receive Android 6.0 Marshmallow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.