Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan (4589 Views)

List Of Those Responsible For Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria / Fuel Scarcity in Osun State - Photo / FG, Fuel Marketers Agree To End Fuel Scarcity Next Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by tete7000(m): 7:17am On Sep 15, 2012
Fellow Nairalanders there has been scarcity of petrol in ibadan for more than one week now and nobody seems to have come out to offer explanation as to why this persists. What is the situation at your ends and does anyone knows the cause and how long this would last? @OP, front page please!!!
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by greall1: 9:26am On Sep 15, 2012
Na wa ooo
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by fasbio(m): 9:28am On Sep 15, 2012
den don start again na only GOD can help us from all dis animals
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by PaulJohn1: 9:28am On Sep 15, 2012
Not just Ibadan, it's also in Ogun and Osun state.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by jamil2(m): 9:31am On Sep 15, 2012
We promise Fresh Air for the Nation and I guess this fuel saga should be part of the promise! Enjoy Fresh Air!
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by Valiantvaliant(m): 9:39am On Sep 15, 2012
Even in Gombe sef
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by tete7000(m): 9:49am On Sep 15, 2012
But I guess they should have courtesy to let us know what the issuesare. Nigeria is just one place where one seems not to be in control of ones life. U wake up each day not knowing what the day hold. Very difficult to plan ahead of time. So, so frustratng!!!
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by luluosas(m): 9:51am On Sep 15, 2012
Same thing in Yola, Adamawa State. May be they want to create an avenue for them to further increase the pump price. God surely help us the 'ordinary' Nigerians.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by sluch333: 10:00am On Sep 15, 2012
Na wah o 4 dis 9ja government, wetin de happen nah'
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by onatisi(m): 10:12am On Sep 15, 2012
there is a simple answer to the op question.they want to increase the fuel price again .that has always been the trick,create a scarcity,ppl will buy at high prices.then later come out with some analysis why the former price cant be sustained and lastly give nigerians the option of continue with the scarcity or have fuel price increase .
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by phadat(m): 10:16am On Sep 15, 2012
Its the same here in Delta most filling station are shut with no fuel
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by yomatty(m): 10:16am On Sep 15, 2012
110/litr....virtually all filling station+long queue
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by Alaafialoro(m): 10:21am On Sep 15, 2012
onatisi: there is a simple answer to the op question.they want to increase the fuel price again .that has always been the trick,create a scarcity,ppl will buy at high prices.then later come out with some analysis why the former price cant be sustained and lastly give nigerians the option of continue with the scarcity or have fuel price increase .
^^^you are on point,bro. People that were complaining about #97 per liter now settle easily for those selling at #110 because only few gas stations are still operating. Some even sell for as high as #120 per liter. Fresh air indeed!
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by ujukala: 10:21am On Sep 15, 2012
It started in Abuja and now it is spreading like wildfire.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by tete7000(m): 10:24am On Sep 15, 2012
onatisi: there is a simple answer to the op question.they want to increase the fuel price again .that has always been the trick,create a scarcity,ppl will buy at high prices.then later come out with some analysis why the former price cant be sustained and lastly give nigerians the option of continue with the scarcity or have fuel price increase .
if this is there intention, i guess they keep showng us they are heartless human beings. Why just wake up one day and distrupt peoples lives for selfish reasons. Its less than one year we went thru this type of problem. Cant they just allow us peace?
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by otokx(m): 10:27am On Sep 15, 2012
its also in Port Harcourt, unless you want to buy at N120 per litre you would be on an endless queue.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by onatisi(m): 10:30am On Sep 15, 2012
Alaafia l‘oro:

^^^you are on point,bro. People that were complaining about #97 per liter now settle easily for those selling at #110 because only few gas stations are still operating. Some even sell for as high as #120 per liter. Fresh air indeed!
my guy ,that has always been the sequence of event leading to fuel price increase .ppl will start queing up and later the ppl themselves will start saying even if it is 120 they dont mind ,that all they want is fuel.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by ukpaku: 10:33am On Sep 15, 2012
tete7000: Fellow Nairalanders there has been scarcity of petrol in ibadan for more than one week now and nobody seems to have come out to offer explanation as to why this persists. What is the situation at your ends and does anyone knows the cause and how long this would last? @OP, front page please!!!
the only clue i had was that, it's only one company oando or so that is importing fuel into the country rite now because of the fuel subsidy theft,so that may cause the scarcity for now.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by PaulJohn1: 10:37am On Sep 15, 2012
ujukala: It started in Abuja and now it is spreading like wildfire.

I was in Abuja when it started, then I was thinking it'll only be limited to Abuja. Now it has spread all over S/West
I heard it's these oil cabals that are causing the artificial scarcity. FG have given these people too much power. They manipulate the country's economy when they feel like. Posing to even be bigger than the FG undecided
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by lauyanAbuja: 10:38am On Sep 15, 2012
Bauchi, the home of Fresh Air Gov, the pump price na 115 to 120 woh!
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by onatisi(m): 10:40am On Sep 15, 2012
ukpaku: the only clue i had was that, it's only one company oando or so that is importing fuel into the country rite now because of the fuel subsidy theft,so that may cause the scarcity for now.
my friend dont believe all those stories ,so the govt doesnt know that one company importing fuel into nigeria will not be enough to satisfy the demand of fuel?they know what they are doing ,just wait for for monday u will hear the catshit story nnpc will come up with
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by fankasibe: 10:45am On Sep 15, 2012
Ilorin, kwara state is worst. Black-market everywhr.
What if dis petrol just dry up one day....will man not survive?
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 15, 2012
jamil!:
We promise Fresh Air for the Nation and I guess this fuel saga should be part of the promise! Enjoy Fresh Air!
nitwit, it is the marketers sabotaging the economy and not the government. since u want subsidy, be prepared for scarcity also!
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by Alaafialoro(m): 11:19am On Sep 15, 2012
onatisi:
my guy ,that has always been the sequence of event leading to fuel price increase .ppl will start queing up and later the ppl themselves will start saying even if it is 120 they dont mind ,that all they want is fuel.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by ocelot2006(m): 11:22am On Sep 15, 2012
The story's the same down here in Jalingo, Taraba state. Most fuel stations are closed, and the queue at NNPC Mega station is something else as a single tanker laden with PMS arrived last night. For the past 3 days, the town has been scanty as most folks have parked their vehicles.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by Scissorshand(m): 11:23am On Sep 15, 2012
@mitwitdot.u said it's the marketers sabotaging the economy.hmmn.even if d downstream sector were to be fully deregulated,d govt still need to put in place a strong regulatory framework.since oil finances and powers our economy,also being a factor that largely affects our daily lives, d govt must ensure the integrity and functionality of whatever framework they put in place.if the president of a nation cannot guarantee this (and other rights), truth is he has no business been there.imagine,250b been ear marked for subsidy in a year, only for us to be told that a cabal,in conjunction with some govt officials,had siphoned about 2trillion.it shows that the president is either weak or corrupt.really,how long will it take GEJ to start to perform.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by Alaafialoro(m): 11:29am On Sep 15, 2012
onatisi:
^^^my point exactly. I talked with some ppl yesterday. They were actually unconcerned about the price but rather complaining about the scarcity,meaning most ppl will go on with their daily activities once d fuel is available,not minding d price.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by Alaafialoro(m): 11:29am On Sep 15, 2012
onatisi:
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by onatisi(m): 11:36am On Sep 15, 2012
Alaafia l‘oro:

^^^my point exactly. I talked with some ppl yesterday. They were actually unconcerned about the price but rather complaining about the scarcity,meaning most ppl will go on with their daily activities once d fuel is available,not minding d price.
just wait till monday ,u will hear the stupid excuse nnpc will come up it and the bottom line will be if u want constant fuel supply then we must accept fuel price increase .there will be some reactions from opposition politicians just to make the ppl happy ,then the fg will talk of cushioning policies,before u know it the talk will shift to how much the new price will be and when is the take off date .havent u noticed that most fuel price takes place during the begining of new acedemic sessions ,or festive periods and mostly nov/dec when they know u have no choice but to accept.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by methodman(m): 11:42am On Sep 15, 2012
Also d same in Sagamu (Ogun state). We shall overcome one day sha. Dat i know.....
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by zeefa: 11:48am On Sep 15, 2012
Dis is really gettn seriz o! Pls som1 shld tell me ao many days left 4 GEJ to leave that seat! People r just tired of his clueless attitudes! May God save us o!
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan by Kemaona: 11:51am On Sep 15, 2012
9ja we come. Dsame in Edo state. Strategy of d FG to implement her plan. Very unfortunate and bad 4 us.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Corruption Perception: Goodluck Jonathan Versus Bola Tinubu / Buhari Submits Account Number, Begs For Donations On Facebook (see Photo) / What You Never Knew About Femi Fani Kayode(ffk); This Will Shock U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.