Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,368 members, 7,815,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Do You Kneel Down To Pray In Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Kneel Down To Pray In Church? (6216 Views)

5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning / UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook / Is It Right For Jonathan To Kneel At Redeemed Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Kneel Down To Pray In Church? by SisiKill1: 2:36pm On Sep 16, 2012
Kneel down? And miss seeing all the various displays people put on when they are in the throes of prayers?

Nah, nah...That is even when I stand really really straight. . .on tip toes, neck all stretched out, so I don't miss anything. I can do the kneeling down when I get home but in church. . .there's show to watch abeg.
Re: Do You Kneel Down To Pray In Church? by ayobase(m): 2:40pm On Sep 16, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Kneel down? And miss seeing all the various displays people put on when they are in the throes of prayers?

Nah, nah...That is even when I stand really really straight. . .on tip toes, neck all stretched out, so I don't miss anything. I can do the kneeling down when I get home but in church. . .there's show to watch abeg.

....and receiving the driven out demons right.....LOL@ur post...the tip-toeing, d neck stretching like giraffe....
Re: Do You Kneel Down To Pray In Church? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 16, 2012
Peeps, obedience is better than sacrifice. If in a service you are asked to kneel, kneel. Else, go out or do not go to church. Only those that don't believe their is God in the church or visitor who think their 'church' is better will disobey. On personal basis I'll say, the way you are led, pray likewise.
Re: Do You Kneel Down To Pray In Church? by pappilo(m): 3:01pm On Sep 16, 2012
Why stop at kneeling down? Why not lie down to show your humility? If you kneel down to pray in church, do you do the same when you pray before you eat, or do you kneel down to pray when the plane is about to take off? If you dont, that means your kneeling in church is to please man and not God.
Re: Do You Kneel Down To Pray In Church? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 16, 2012
Peeps, obedience is better than sacrifice. If in a service you are asked to kneel, kneel. Else, go out or do not go to church. Only those that don't believe their is God in the church or visitor who think their 'church' is better will disobey. On personal prayer basis I'll say, pray as you are led.
Re: Do You Kneel Down To Pray In Church? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 16, 2012
It depends. Sometimes I kneel, sometimes I stand or sit with my head bowed.
Re: Do You Kneel Down To Pray In Church? by osifred(m): 3:41pm On Sep 16, 2012
Do you sing wen your are in church?

Do you clap wen you are in church?

Do you dance wen you are in church?

Do you read your bible wen you are in church?

Perhaps ΒΆ should open new thread for these questiones above
Re: Do You Kneel Down To Pray In Church? by Ogundale(m): 4:33pm On Sep 16, 2012
Sometimes i do it at my own pace.
Re: Do You Kneel Down To Pray In Church? by aryzgreat: 5:37pm On Sep 16, 2012
@poster do u Poo when u are in the toilet? angry angry angry
Re: Do You Kneel Down To Pray In Church? by UyiIredia(m): 8:24pm On Sep 16, 2012
I don't kneeel down to pray. Standing is okay. I only kneel down when I'm in a private place.
Re: Do You Kneel Down To Pray In Church? by lekanladepo: 12:31am On Sep 17, 2012
The question was good.As a true christian that have God fearing in mind and respect God you ought to kneel whenever you wanted to talk to your creator (God).Apart from these,it shows an act of submission and seriousness in oneself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Pictures Some Catholic Members Can Relate To / Praise Him / Rccg Sunday School Manual (2016/2017 Edition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.