Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,377 members, 7,954,531 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:26 PM

National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja (12457 Views)

House Wants Ibru, Akingbola Stripped Of National Honours / Full List Of Nigeria National Honours Award Recipients / Dangote,Genevieve & Others Make 2011 National Honours List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by Walecole74: 6:12am On Sep 17, 2012
National honours awardees stranded in Abuja …as FG fails to provide accommodation, flight tickets.

MOST of the recipients of the 2012 National Honours were stranded in Abuja on Sunday as the Federal Government failed to provide them accommodation as it was the practice in the past.

The honours are expected to be conferred on the recipients on Monday (today) at the International Conference Centre, Abuja. A total of 149 recipients will be conferred with national honours with Chairman of Globacom, Mike Adenuga, receiving the highest honour, the Grand Commander of the Order of the Niger.

Most recipients, especially Abuja non-residents, who arrived in Abuja on Sunday evening discovered that the government made no provision for their accommodation and flight tickets.

During former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s administration, all awardees were each provided with accommodation or N50,000 in lieu of it.

http://www.punchng.com/news/national-honours-awardees-stranded-in-abuja-as-fg-fails-to-provide-accommodation-flight-tickets/
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by k2039: 6:23am On Sep 17, 2012
What's the big deal,are they pooor people that cant afford to foot their personal bills.

Must evrythin be done by the federal goverment,
Nonsense,[size=18pt]What a truckload of freeloaders
[/size]
Abeg make dem pack well jare.

SMH

6 Likes

Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 17, 2012
k2039: What's the big deal,are they pooor people that cant afford to foot their personal bills.

[/size]

SMH
When ,you invite people, you are suppose to house them, this only goes to show the level of mismanagement.

8 Likes

Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by mrkels(m): 10:19am On Sep 17, 2012
Whatever. Seems they value the accomodation money more than the national honour! Naija .
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 17, 2012
They'll all be compensated with parcels of land in Abuja so as not to be stranded when they come for their next national chieftaincy titles.

1 Like

Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by philip0906(m): 10:21am On Sep 17, 2012
shioor. . .
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by Bukkyade: 10:23am On Sep 17, 2012
blink182: When ,you invite people, you are suppose to house them, this only goes to show the level of mismanagement.
. If this is mismanagement,then I guess it should be continued, o because obasanjo was doing it, it has now turned to a law....... If they can't transport and accommodate themselves, they should stay back in their locations.

3 Likes

Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by ndala(m): 10:24am On Sep 17, 2012
I thougt they were given some amount of money in award night?
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by bendazum: 10:27am On Sep 17, 2012
k2039: What's the big deal,are they pooor people that cant afford to foot their personal bills.
[/size]
SMH
Last time I checked some of the award receipients were physically challenged.The more reason something should have been done as regards accomodation.Btw you speak like a child,so insensitive.

1 Like

Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by dimcee(f): 10:30am On Sep 17, 2012
B4 nko make dem sleep on the road... They neva deserved the ward b4... Nonesense
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by touchmehard: 10:32am On Sep 17, 2012
They are big men and big women now. How can they possibly be stranded? Imagine paying for hotel accommodation for them, tax payers' money mgbo!
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by monkeyleg: 10:32am On Sep 17, 2012
I hear Uduaghan made that list. Shows you what a load of old Tosh. Is it not this same Uduaghan who's brother is languishing in Maximum security prison in the UK. Goes to show you the value of this rubbish. Another example of bloddy waste

1 Like

Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by ejidokun(m): 10:32am On Sep 17, 2012
der is lack of structure and organisation in evrytin we do in 9ja..leson learnt by d awardees is dat u shld learn nt 2 rily on govt 4 anytin,tink most of u r part of our probs in 9ja..learn 2 adjust wt dat. If u tink u cant tolerate it,dnt go or simply pass d award 2 sum1 who truly deserves it
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by ukpaku: 10:33am On Sep 17, 2012
this award of a thing don cause seriouse hold up 4 central area o,na y i no d want jona to de comot any how be dat o
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by Shaw007(m): 10:34am On Sep 17, 2012
Whatever man!
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by Knight1(m): 10:42am On Sep 17, 2012
last year, they had insufficient number of medals and certificates ; this year It's accommodation....I wish the recipients for next year goodluck!
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by 27naira(m): 10:43am On Sep 17, 2012
Shaw007: Whatever man!

yeah, whatever! undecided
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by slimming: 10:44am On Sep 17, 2012
The organising committee members are politicians, so don't expect things to go well.
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by SEEMESEEMEO(m): 10:45am On Sep 17, 2012
Bukkyade: . If this is mismanagement,then I guess it should be continued, o because obasanjo was doing it, it has now turned to a law....... If they can't transport and accommodate themselves, they should stay back in their locations.
nice one! Must govt do everything for u?

1 Like

Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 17, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
'Twas awards they ran out last time, this time the awardees are gonna sleep under bridge.
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by SEEMESEEMEO(m): 10:47am On Sep 17, 2012
Nawa for una o, u for says make govt give them pamppars lol

2 Likes

Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by Agimor(m): 10:51am On Sep 17, 2012
How does that upgrade our currency to standard.
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 17, 2012
27naira:

yeah, whatever! undecided

Mehn..... Mehn..... Hu cares?? undecided
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by jamil2(m): 10:57am On Sep 17, 2012
Now, the exercise goes alive currently Jonathon is ready

to start presenting the award to the nominee I can see

Adenuga on stand to recieve his award.
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by hardbody: 11:00am On Sep 17, 2012
I understand there has been a lot of misconception as to why my name is not on the list and others have been wondering whether i have fallen out with Jona boy. Please let me set the records straight, i decided that i am not going to be stranded in Abuja since no accommodation or chartered flight was being made available, besides, i have since taken advise from my family and community that the class of people being honoured presently do not deserve to share the honour with me, hence the need for me to decline the offer. To my teeming fans, please do not misunderstand my actions, i intend to uphold the trust that you have always reposed in me.

2 Likes

Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 17, 2012
jamil!:
Now, the exercise goes alive currently Jonathon is ready

to start presenting the award to the nominee I can see

Adenuga on stand to recieve his award.

2nd award to some justice.
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by fstranger: 11:09am On Sep 17, 2012
Bad belle people go kpeme!
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 17, 2012
Imanuelle:

Mehn..... Mehn..... Hu cares?? undecided
do I really give a fucck? Hell no!
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by Abujafood: 11:18am On Sep 17, 2012
This national embarrassment get as e be o!
Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by tunapawizzy: 11:18am On Sep 17, 2012
stupid people they have blocked every road in abuja, we cant move around town again.....OLOSHI people, they will steal our money, block our roads join and use their useless siren to oppress us...GOD will punish u all.

1 Like

Re: National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja by Mekusnwa: 11:27am On Sep 17, 2012
Let them come and sleep in my house.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos To Kano Mass Transit Train Service To Begin Operation - Sijuwade / PVC: Fashola, Wife’s Name Missing At Polling Unit / Ondo Indigenes In Lagos Organized Fund Raising Dinner For Akeredolu (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.