Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,651 members, 7,958,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:27 AM

Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad (59723 Views)

Ghastly Accident Along Jos-bauchi Road - Warning Graphic Photos / Travelling Abroad With Large Sums / Why Are Nigerians So Desperate About Travelling Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by eelvismd(m): 11:51am On Sep 18, 2012
solomon111: yeah.
it is always what my country will do for me,when people like you spend thousands of dollars in foreign hospitals,in foreign universities,buying foreign goods,at the detriment of your country.
Do you think the U.S just became what it is over-night?
Do you know what their citizens payed for their development?
You people are embarassing the rest of us with your 'rat' attitude.
Always looking for sugar,everywhere.
Damn!

Thank you my brother!

I thought I was the only one who noticed that attitude. Nigerians are always looking for already made as if America and Europe became what they are without sacrifice being paid to get to where they are today.

Like I read somewhere, "the only place where SUCCESS comes before WORK is in the dictionary". I believe many Nigerians are not aware of that fact.

2 Likes

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by heilige(m): 12:12pm On Sep 18, 2012
I can't blame the Americans, i can only blame our leaders. Nigeria go better. Nigeria go good ooh.

1 Like

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by coogar: 12:16pm On Sep 18, 2012
Pain: I'm just baffled by the way US/UK visas are reverred and worshipped by Africans. This poster makes it look as if a denial of these visa is a denial to a happy life. As if the visas are a ticket to eternal life. God free us from mental slavery. Amen.

considering the fact that 500,000 pregnant women die annually in nigeria, i don't think it's out of place for anyone to go abroad and ensure safe delivery. it's a no brainer!!

3 Likes

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by Arsenate(m): 12:20pm On Sep 18, 2012
solomon111: yeah.
it is always what my country will do for me,when people like you spend thousands of dollars in foreign hospitals,in foreign universities,buying foreign goods,at the detriment of your country.
Do you think the U.S just became what it is over-night?
Do you know what their citizens payed for their development?
You people are embarassing the rest of us with your 'rat' attitude.
Always looking for sugar,everywhere.
Damn!
bro, embarassment is an understatement. From their comments, these worshipers of the west have no shame or pride whatsoever. Little wonder why the treat them like animals in the west. Damn!

1 Like

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by coogar: 12:24pm On Sep 18, 2012
Arsenate: bro, embarassment is an understatement. From their comments, these worshipers of the west have no shame or pride whatsoever. Little wonder why the treat them like animals in the west. Damn!

you are a disgusting hypocrite!
yet if a slave ship docks in apapa tonight, you would be the first to jump on it in shackles. people have the right to choose where they want to give birth to their kids. majority just want a safe delivery of their babies - not necessarily because of citizenship or blah blah blah. hundreds of thousands of nigerian women come to the uk every year to give birth to their babies - the babies don't gain any citizenship since 1983 but it has not stopped the influx of nigerian women coming to the uk - so the motivation is not citizenship, it's safe delivery!
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by justwise(m): 12:31pm On Sep 18, 2012
coogar:

yet if a slave ship docks in apapa tonight, you would be the first to jump on it in shackles. people have the right to choose where they want to give birth to their kids. majority just want a safe delivery of their babies - not necessarily because of citizenship or blah blah blah. hundreds of thounsands of nigerian women come to the uk every year to give birth to their babies - the babies don't gain any citizenship since 1983 but it has not stopped the influx of nigerian women coming to the uk - so the motivation is not citizenship, it's safe delivery!

Arsenate thank coogar for educating you, let it be the only think you have achieved today.
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by Pain(m): 12:34pm On Sep 18, 2012
coogar:

considering the fact that 500,000 pregnant mothers die annually in nigeria, i don't think it's out of place for anyone to go abroad and ensure safe delivery. it's a no brainer!!

Dont just come here and quote fictitious numbers just to support your lean argument! What is thy source? From my last check the maternal mortality is around 60,000 (840 deaths/100,000 live births). Infant mortality is 74.36 deaths/1,000 live births. Please get your facts right!

http://www.channelstv.com/home/tag/infant-mortality-rate-in-nigeria/
http://www.indexmundi.com/nigeria/infant_mortality_rate.html
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by dasparrow: 12:49pm On Sep 18, 2012
eelvismd:

In as much as I agree with you on the numerous benefits one is capable of getting if one is a US citizen, what most Nigerians have failed to recognized is that there is massive dynamics changing the world order, which is even surprising these countries we herald so much. The sooner Nigerians realized this fact the better for them. Who would have thought of what is currently happening to these countries we regard as "heaven on earth" a decade ago.

Take for example, in the 1990s, several citizens of Argentina migrated to Spain, their colonial master. Guess what is happening now? Spanish are moving in droves to Argentina in search of greener pasture because Argentina's economy is far more buoyant than Spain's economy.

Most of the countries in Europe (Spain, Italy, Greece, Ireland, Portugal, UK, etc.) are in fragile state and poverty is on the increase by the day. Also, recent statistics from US has revealed that one in every six American is living below poverty line and that middle class Americans are getting squeezed by the day and with many of them falling to low class category.

Nigerians should know that things are changing so fast globally due to globalization and dwindling global resources vis-a-vis the explosion in global population and that the countries we have always regarded as "heaven on earth" are not finding it funny anymore. These countries are tightening their games in order to ensure survival for their citizens and by extension, polarization and bigotry are now the order of the day in these countries. Just like someone said in the past, there are three classes of citizenship in most of these countries (First class citizens are the original citizens, second class citizens are children of immigrants who are citizens and those by birth, while third class citizens are those that naturalized). Although I am not a pessimist, I am of the views that things may likely get worse with time if things continue to be the way they are now in the near future.

In a nut shell, my point is that Nigerians with the mentality of giving birth abroad as a way of fleeing from the economic woes of Nigeria should better have a rethink because those countries they are looking up to are not finding it easy anymore and the sooner Nigerians recognized this fact the better for us all

Very well said! I could not have said it better myself. I have spent the better part of my life abroad and I have seen first hand how hostile first class citizens have become towards immigrants here in the USA. What Nigerians don't realize is that unemployment continues to climb here in the US and as unemployment continues to climb, racial hostility becomes prevalent as well. Some americans have even stopped job hunting because they have been looking for jobs so long now without any success.

U.S Government has been cutting financial aid as well so who knows whether american college students will have access to financial aid 20 years from now like it currently is right now. The other day, I was reading a news article that wages in the USA has declined for both men and woman since the global economic meltdown. There are still jobs available but many of these jobs pay so little that by the time you are done paying your bills, there is hardly any money left to save.

Why do you think there are so many Nigerians/Africans out there who have their permanent residency or citizenship for these western nations yet they don't even have a mud hut to their name after all these years of living abroad while their mates in Nigeria have already built a nice duplex or bungalow without having a 30 year mortgage loan dangling around their necks?

I am not trying to knock down the west but I will be a lying hypocrite if I tell you that things in the western world are as rosy as it once used to be. Even registered nurses that used to be in high demand here in the US are now finding it increasingly difficult to find a job. Anyways, na God dey help persin. If God says you will make it in Nigeria, then you will. If God says you will make it abroad, then you will. Shikena.

3 Likes

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 18, 2012
Noted. Tnx
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by Arsenate(m): 12:53pm On Sep 18, 2012
coogar:

yet if a slave ship docks in apapa tonight, you would be the first to jump on it in shackles. people have the right to choose where they want to give birth to their kids. majority just want a safe delivery of their babies - not necessarily because of citizenship or blah blah blah. hundreds of thousands of nigerian women come to the uk every year to give birth to their babies - the babies don't gain any citizenship since 1983 but it has not stopped the influx of nigerian women coming to the uk - so the motivation is not citizenship, it's safe delivery!
trust me when I say I have never been and will never be interested in going to your west. I am not even stupendously rich; just ok, but am happy where am and with what I have. I got my pride and I don't intent to give some white guy any justification/opportunity to insult me.
Their ancestors fixed their lands, its time for you to fix yours for your kids and grand kids.

2 Likes

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by tpia5: 12:53pm On Sep 18, 2012
Nigerians who did not study abroad, actually seem better adapted to the nigerian landscape, than those who did.

I think the question is what are you doing with your exposure, not necessarily where did you get your exposure.
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by Nuzo1(m): 1:00pm On Sep 18, 2012
12 inches!:
Abeg joor. People should stop spewing trash. They're so many benefits for ur children to be U.S citizens. The U.S takes care of her citizens unlike Naija. If u want to apply to grad school in the U.S for example for being a U.S citizen, there are so many grants, scholarships for U.S citizens and U.S states permanent residents that u'll pay close to nuffin for ur education. In Nigeria, even if u've live in Ibadan all your life, University of Ibadan doesn't even send u. And that is just one facet of life. I will also want my kids to be U.S citizens.

Apart from the benefits you mentioned, the most important is the medical facilities that enable these women to deliver their babies safely.
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by solomon111(m): 1:06pm On Sep 18, 2012
coogar:

so,you are telling me there are no good hospitals in Nigeria?
Do you how many children are birthed successfully in Nigeria daily?
Do you know there are good private hospitals in Nigeria,where they would receive the best of care,without spending half of what they spend overseas.
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by coogar: 1:06pm On Sep 18, 2012
Pain:

Dont just come here and quote fictitious numbers just to support your lean argument! What is thy source? From my last check the maternal mortality is around 60,000 (840 deaths/100,000 live births). Infant mortality is 74.36 deaths/1,000 live births. Please get your facts right!

https://www.nairaland.com/1004911/515000-expectant-mothers-die-nigeria

solomon111: so,you are telling me there are no good hospitals in Nigeria?
Do you know there are good private hospitals in Nigeria,where they would receive the best of care,without spending half of what they spend overseas.

how many people can afford the "good" hospitals in nigeria? no wonder da grin died because they couldn't find his blood type for days. i repeat, if you have lost a close relative in the death-trap maternity wards in nigeria, you won't need to be told twice to go abroad for the safe delivery of your child!

1 Like

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by Venchy: 1:13pm On Sep 18, 2012
Pain: I'm just baffled by the way US/UK visas are reverred and worshipped by Africans. This poster makes it look as if a denial of these visa is a denial to a happy life. As if the visas are a ticket to eternal life. God free us from mental slavery. Amen.

Nah, you are getting it wrong, the poster is just passing on a vital info to people Ordinary people not the FAT COWS in the Government that steals public fund.

People have different motives know to them.

The slavery issue is what I'll like to advice you on, Slavery too effect because of HUMAN GREED and that's what the problem in AFRICA.

late FELA sang a song on Live at the shrine called (MASS) Music Against Second Slavery.....This is been run by our Government by stealing public fund and they TOTALLY NEGLECT their people or is it the colonial people that forced JAMES IBORI to steal money away from his people and take it to UK.

Pls let's advice ourselves on important issue like this poster did and not doing the BLAME GAME.
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by solomon111(m): 1:13pm On Sep 18, 2012
coogar:

https://www.nairaland.com/1004911/515000-expectant-mothers-die-nigeria
most of these people are those in the rural areas,who still patronize traditional means.
Delivery is not as difficult as it seems and can be carried out in any modern hospital,anywhere in the world.
Even a final year medical student can successfully carry out delivery,unaided.
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by coogar: 1:17pm On Sep 18, 2012
solomon111: most of these people are those in the rural areas,who still patronize traditional means.
Delivery is not as difficult as it seems and can be carried out in any modern hospital,anywhere in the world.
Even a final year medical student can successfully carry out delivery,unaided.

so because they are in the rural areas make them less human? cut the crap - even the ones in lagos and abuja don't get quality treatment! i salute any woman who was able to deliver a child safely in nigeria in those horrible condition but the fact that they do it does not make it the standard practise. animals shouldn't even be allowed to give birth in those conditions let alone humans!
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by Venchy: 1:39pm On Sep 18, 2012
solomon111: so,you are telling me there are no good hospitals in Nigeria?

Why do like you like spreading wrong info, pls tell me where the best treatment can be given in NIGERIA .....Joker.

The best Hospital OBJ's wife couldn't get treatment,
The beat Hospital GEJ's wife couldn't be treated before leaving for Germany or is it the Hospital that wrongly GANI FAWEHIMI before coming to London for treatment before diagnosing him for CANCER or
do you want many more true life story of important people in Nigeria as well as IBB's wife.

I really don't know where in Nigeria this BEST HOSPITAL is and all this people couldn't be treated before flying abroad.

You sounds like a politician spokes person,.

Nigerian Medical is FINISHED, DONE , DADA. all because of our GREEDYsenseless Leaders that's just interested in money and not nation Building.
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by nagoma(m): 1:40pm On Sep 18, 2012
Pain:

The people who go to deliver abroad are not the ones affected by maternal mortality. We know and they know that they can have safe delivery in Nigeria spending only a small percentage of what they pay for BA return tickets. They dong go just for safety but for their inferiority and reassurance from the western gods they worship. It is really shocking that you so much love the west that you don't believe some of us who see nothing special in them and actually prefer Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by manny4life(m): 1:43pm On Sep 18, 2012
Pain: I'm just baffled by the way US/UK visas are reverred and worshipped by me. This poster makes it look to me as if a denial of student/study visa is a denial to a happy life. As if the visas are a ticket to eternal life. God free me from mental slavery. Amen.

I just re-edited your post.

Isn't it ironic how you write this YET you claimed you did your masters in that same place? After all, weren't you having a happy life back home in your Nigeria? Are you trying to say that your masters did not improve (directly or indirectly) on the quality of your life? What your type is, you do the same thing which you publicly condemn (two-sided person, speaking from two sides of your mouth)
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by nagoma(m): 1:43pm On Sep 18, 2012
nagoma:
@coogar

The people who go to deliver abroad are not the ones affected by maternal mortality. We know and they know that they can have safe delivery in Nigeria spending only a small percentage of what they pay for BA return tickets. They dong go just for safety but for their inferiority and reassurance from the western gods they worship. It is really shocking that you so much love the west that you don't believe some of us who see nothing special in them and actually prefer Nigeria.

Sorry this was meant for coogar's attention.
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by nagoma(m): 1:49pm On Sep 18, 2012
manny4life:

Isn't it ironic how you write this YET you claimed you did your masters in that same place? After all, weren't you having a happy life back home in your Nigeria? What your type is, you do the same thing which you publicly condemn.

What you did. Editing another persons post cannot be ethical - even on NL. ( Moderator please correct me if I am wrong )

1 Like

Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by justwise(m): 1:56pm On Sep 18, 2012
manny4life:

Isn't it ironic how you write this YET you claimed you did your masters in that same place? After all, weren't you having a happy life back home in your Nigeria? Are you trying to say that your masters did not improve (directly or indirectly) on the quality of your life? What your type is, you do the same thing which you publicly condemn (two-sided person, speaking from two sides of your mouth)

How do you mean by that?
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by nagoma(m): 1:57pm On Sep 18, 2012
Having a baby is not sickness for Godsake! Women had babies even before hospitals were invented . Child delivery can occasionally run into complications especially among the deprived who cannot get skilled ( not necessarily hospital) care. They are certainly not the ones going abroad .
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by manny4life(m): 2:01pm On Sep 18, 2012
nagoma:

What you did. Editing another persons post cannot be ethical - even on NL. ( Moderator please correct me if I am wrong )

You speak about ethics? Really? Don't get me started now... There are tons of unethical behaviors on NL, I don't know if it's acceptable, though I shouldn't be singled our either, but please, refrain from speaking about ethics. Ethics is one of the core values that NL and it's memebers lack... Thank you.
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by manny4life(m): 2:05pm On Sep 18, 2012
justwise:

How do you mean by that?

How I mean is that he's two sided, he said the way the OP stated it like traveling to U.S. or U.K is a denial of a happy life. Therefore, wouldn't it make sense, for you to have a happy life or should I say better life, you need a good job. For him to have a good job, the education comes in, so although not directly related, him traveling to the U.S. for an advanced degree does have its perks on his better life now... Unless if he's trying to deny that his advanced degree from the U.S. doesn't or did not play an important role in his happy life.

So if indeed such exposure adds even a minute amount of happiness(though happiness cannot be quantified), doesn't it make sense that his bickering is two-sided?
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by justwise(m): 2:06pm On Sep 18, 2012
manny4life:

How I mean is that he's two sided, he said the way the OP stated it like traveling to U.S. or U.K is a denial of a happy life. Therefore, wouldn't it make sense, for you to have a happy life or should I say better life, you need a good job. For him to have a good job, the education comes in, so although not directly related, him traveling to the U.S. for an advanced degree does have its perks on his better life now... Unless if he's trying to deny that his advanced degree from the U.S. doesn't or did not play an important role in his happy life.

So if indeed such exposure adds even a minute amount of happiness(though happiness cannot be quantified), doesn't it make sense that his bickering is two-sided?

No that is not my question, i'm referring to the editing of his post. Why?
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by manny4life(m): 2:13pm On Sep 18, 2012
justwise:

No that is not my question, i'm referring to the editing of his post. Why?

Ok, so you're asking "how do I mean by" I just re-edited your post?

Well it's simple- I felt some kind of way because he's two-sided. So I removed the "WE" and replaced it with "I".
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 18, 2012
Even FELA that we're talking about had admission to study medicine in London but on getting there studied music at the London school of music. People just keep bickering. Abeg spare us the crap. Anybody that wants a better life for himself in view of an irresponsible govt has done no wrong. In reality are we all not RATS looking for SUGAR? That is why some people refer to it as the RAT RACE.
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by nagoma(m): 2:31pm On Sep 18, 2012
manny4life:

You speak about ethics? Really? Don't get me started now... There are tons of unethical behaviors on NL, I don't know if it's acceptable, though I shouldn't be singled our either, but please, refrain from speaking about ethics. Ethics is one of the core values that NL and it's memebers lack... Thank you.

Moderator Please show him that we're ethical.
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by blacklion(m): 2:45pm On Sep 18, 2012
Diasporans feeling funky cheesy
Re: Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad by Venchy: 2:46pm On Sep 18, 2012
12 inches!:
Even FELA that we're talking about had admission to study medicine in London but on getting there studied music at the London school of music. People just keep bickering. Abeg spare us the crap. Anybody that wants a better life for himself in view of an irresponsible govt has done no wrong. In reality are we all not RATS looking for SUGAR? That is why some people refer to it as the RAT RACE.

loooooooool, on point my guy, I just can't stop loooooooool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

China Plans To Ease Residence Permit For Foreigners, Chinese Citizens React / Cows Sitting And Relaxing Comfortably On The Road. Man Shares Video, Laments / Tanker Carrying Petrol Explodes With Driver Trapped inside In Ebonyi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.