Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,604 members, 7,770,591 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:53 AM

FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti (4323 Views)

Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work / FG To Fund Budget Through Sukuk Bond / Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by mamikky: 10:36am On Sep 19, 2012
The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, has said the Federal Government will establish two rice mills in Ekiti State as parts of its efforts to stop the huge amount wasted on the importation of the commodity.

The minister said this through a director in the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development in the state, Mr. Dipo Kolade, at a workshop organised for rice farmers by his ministry in collaboration with the Ekiti State Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources.

In a statement made available to our correspondent in Ado-Ekiti on Tuesday by the state Ministry of Agriculture, the minister was quoted as saying each of the proposed rice mills would have the capacity to process 10 tonnes of rice per hour.

The planned mills, according to him, are part of the efforts aimed boosting rice production in the state with a view to enhancing food security in the entire country.

Adesina said the state was blessed with good soil and climate conducive to growing rice, and urged the farmers to invest more in rice production and produce more to enable the planned mills operate at full capacities.

He said the Federal Government’s target was to ensure food security for the nation, stressing that it was high time the country stopped importation of low quality rice with huge amounts of money.

According to him, over N365bn is being wasted on importation of rice every year, adding that this huge amount of money would have boosted the nation’s economy had it been spent on capital projects.

The minister called on people of the state to begin massive production of rice, while assuring them that there would be market for their produce.

The Ekiti State Commissioner for Agriculture and Natural Resources, Mr. Babajide Arowosafe, said the purpose of the workshop was to teach the farmers modern techniques of rice production.

The commissioner, who lauded the Federal Government’s agenda on agricultural transformation, said it would encourage massive food production and reduce the near total dependence on other countries for food.
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/fg-to-establish-rice-mills-in-ekiti/
Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by 1800bc(f): 11:03am On Sep 19, 2012
and reduce importation but it has to taste like the foreign rice i know o! i dont really gbadu the ofada rice thingy o!
Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by Joeadamu86: 11:05am On Sep 19, 2012
E better oh....our local rice taste better, it will even. Reduce our balance of payment problems,this is a good move.
Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by Mandelaguy(m): 11:07am On Sep 19, 2012
When GEJ is done, Nigerians will have every cause to sing his praise. Please,Dr. Ebele, keep the good flag flying high at full mast.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by mamikky: 11:46am On Sep 19, 2012
1800bc: and reduce importation but it has to taste like the foreign rice i know o! i dont really gbadu the ofada rice thingy o!

Good.........let appreciate dis good gesture and give constructive advice on how best to achieve this laudable project
Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by EkoAtlantic: 2:05pm On Sep 19, 2012
Good move.
Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by ballabriggs: 2:52pm On Sep 19, 2012
Back to sleep. Wake me up when the first bag of rice lands.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by free2ryhme: 2:53pm On Sep 19, 2012
when they complete the factory and starts operation pls send me the pic ok
Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by Kx: 2:58pm On Sep 19, 2012
Having exhausted the word committees, FG has now reverted to its comfort zone [size=14pt]to[/size]

FG to establish ,
FG to manufacture
FG to, FG to.

How many of the previous FG to has become real?

3 Likes

Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by isangedigh(m): 3:00pm On Sep 19, 2012
ballabriggs: Back to sleep. Wake me up when the first bag of rice lands.

Arent U ashamed of urself? Able bodied individuals just sleeping around the place...whoiz gonna do the work...Wait for the first bag infact U wud be supplied weekly from my farm here in Delta. Mtchew....

Its obvious U dont know how an economy is run.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by omiobo: 3:01pm On Sep 19, 2012
Na so so good move,no project is fully executed.
Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by PEREP: 3:04pm On Sep 19, 2012
Kx: Having exhausted the word committees, FG has now reverted to its comfort zone [size=14pt]to[/size]

FG to establish ,
FG to manufacture
FG to, FG to.

How many of the previous FG to has become real?

There is a media tour on all government projects from Monday. Kindly afford yourself the opportunity to see the projects live.
Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by SlyIg(f): 3:11pm On Sep 19, 2012
BUT WHY NOT GARRI MILL!
Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by decrox199(m): 3:23pm On Sep 19, 2012
M tired of all dis 'τ̅☺,τ̅☺,τ̅☺,' of a tin....we can only roll out d drums wen It is bn commissioned!
Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by ballabriggs: 3:26pm On Sep 19, 2012
isangedigh:

Arent U ashamed of urself? Able bodied individuals just sleeping around the place...whoiz gonna do the work...Wait for the first bag infact U wud be supplied weekly from my farm here in Delta. Mtchew....

I will love to eat rice from your farm.
However, that your farm wey boys dey throw short put, abeg no give me rice from there O. This one wey food poison dey everywhere. grin grin grin grin
Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by decrox199(m): 3:28pm On Sep 19, 2012
PEREP:

There is a media tour on all government projects from Monday. Kindly afford yourself the opportunity to see the projects live.
sharaaap dia!wat govt project are u talking about?hw hs dis gvt positively affect Ɣ☺ΰr life?d masses must feel d impact of development directly n not on dedicated tv programmes..
Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by wandeay: 3:35pm On Sep 19, 2012
"FG to" "FG to", when will we hear FG have or FG have?
Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by regime: 3:37pm On Sep 19, 2012
Am tired of dis empty promises.JEG is taking dis naija for granted. no vision,mission and planning. today FG want to sign..., tomorrow FG was to establish...
too much of promises.
Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by thehomer: 3:45pm On Sep 19, 2012
Why is it that the federal government has to establish this? Why not something like a public private partnership with the state as it appears Lagos State does? Does the federal government have to do everything in Nigeria?
Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by bubadaniel13: 3:46pm On Sep 19, 2012
thehomer: Why is it that the federal government has to establish this? Why not something like a public private partnership with the state as it appears Lagos State does? Does the federal government have to do everything in Nigeria?
when governors are sleeping what do you expect?
Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by jmaine: 3:51pm On Sep 19, 2012
ballabriggs:

I will love to eat rice from your farm.
However, that your farm wey boys dey throw short put, abeg no give me rice from there O. This one wey food poison dey everywhere. grin grin grin grin

Shotput harbors the most potent array of nutrients cheesy . . .

You will be wowed by the muscular and healthy farm produce grin . . .
Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by aryzgreat: 4:23pm On Sep 19, 2012
This is not tribalism, its not sectionalism, but when an aviation minister tries to spread flight take off by ordering some airlines to take off from enugu international airport, the parasites in the north and their western allies were shouting SECTIONALISM! OPERATION WEAKEN THE IGBOS STILL ON COURSE. Does ekiti farm more rice than abakiliki? live and let live!
Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by PROUDIGBO(m): 4:44pm On Sep 19, 2012
isangedigh:

^^^You dey mind the baga! Hope the first bag of rice he's talking of lands on his lazy sleepy head....that should soon wake him up well-well.
Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by taharqa: 5:40pm On Sep 19, 2012
many bags have already startd 'landing' from at least 5 Rice mills, including the Ebonyi Mills whose rice are already in d market...keep
Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by taharqa: 5:43pm On Sep 19, 2012
jmaine:

Shotput harbors the most potent array of nutrients cheesy . . .

You will be wowed by the muscular and healthy farm produce grin . . .

hehehe.......
Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by DANILSA(m): 5:53pm On Sep 19, 2012
THOMOS. I will wake u year 2020 when 9ija economy will be great.grin
Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by dasparrow: 6:07pm On Sep 19, 2012
@Post

When FG is done establishing the rice mills, they should let us know.
Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by Yinkay: 6:08pm On Sep 19, 2012
Or the Minister mean YAM Mills ? Why not in Abakaliki and Ofada town?
Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by Mayydee(f): 6:40pm On Sep 19, 2012
Yinkay: Or the Minister mean YAM Mills ? Why not in Abakaliki and Ofada town?

cos in ekiti, there is a town named igbimo. They produce the rice known as igbimo rice and produced in larger quantity compared to ofada town. There is no much difference between the igbimo rice and ofada rice though to me the igbimo rice is neater and tastes better than ofada rice.
Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by slimyem: 10:25pm On Sep 19, 2012
we are waiting......
Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by awesome31: 10:34pm On Sep 19, 2012
dts 9jz FG 4 u dey are alwayz to but will neva acomplish a single 1 ;Ddts 9jz FG 4 u dey are alwayz to but will neva acomplish a single 1
Re: FG To Establish Rice Mills In Ekiti by ZeusI: 11:20pm On Sep 19, 2012
Na today? Next soon to be abandoned projec, fast approaching. Some of their elder will be preparing for grand OWAMBE hahahahahacheesycheesycheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Massive Shakeup Awaits Mdas - 38 Parastatals To Be Scrapped. / R-E-V-E-A-L-E-D!!! US Unveils 16 Richest Politicians From Nigeria And Names Of U / Ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo Reaction To Buhari's Media Chat - Very Funny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.