Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,284 members, 7,954,121 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:42 PM

Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? (2182 Views)

After Dating Her For Some Months, Never Knew She Was A SINGLE MOTHER. / How Some Men Look After You Start Dating Them(photo) / At What Age Did You Start Dating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by bolex(m): 11:19am On Apr 13, 2006
I want to know what use it is ( or not is )

Must you be friends to date ?

Full explanation and why
Re: Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by nikitareal(f): 4:47pm On Apr 26, 2006
nope bro,itsnt necessary
Re: Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by Rhodalyn(f): 4:48pm On Apr 26, 2006
it's not necessary at alllllll!!!!
Re: Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by trendy(f): 6:24pm On Mar 15, 2007
not necessary but cool
Re: Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by sammyjl(f): 4:24pm On May 16, 2007
undecided It depends on how ya'll met. So sometimes, sometimes not.
Re: Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by luxoire(f): 4:44pm On May 16, 2007
well depends on the circustances and how u both connect, theres no set guidelines
Re: Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by moondust(m): 5:12pm On May 16, 2007
sometimes necessary
Re: Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by hotchic1(f): 7:35pm On May 16, 2007
Its not necessary,it all depends on how you get to know each other.
Re: Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by hype: 10:16pm On May 16, 2007
Its not a necessity BUT its a very good ground to start a relationship on, cos while you are friends you will get to know each other better and from there you can decide if you are both compatible and if you feel you are not you wont have a reason to go waste your time in a relationship that wont lead to something better or else you can really learn to tolerate each other.
Re: Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by Saipro(m): 11:04am On Oct 05, 2007
I really don't think so. If it were such a necessity, hit and run cases would've been a rarity. Response to the question: I don't know. I guess it depends on your personality and psyche make-up. It takes all sorts afterall. Remember this rhyme?

Beans porridge hot
Beans porridge cold
Beans porridge in the pot three days old

Some like it hot
Some like it cold
Some like it in the pot three days old

Being a meek guy, I tend to date only those I'm friends with. The rare instance where the girl takes the initiative, she often times still siddles up to me first. I'll admit I've taken a leap into the dark once or twice before . . . . .
Re: Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by CrazyMan(m): 11:25am On Oct 05, 2007
I won't say much; it all depends on how both of you met like most people have said.
Re: Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by jkpretty(f): 11:32am On Oct 05, 2007
All that matters is that u have good/deep friendship before u get married.
Re: Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by prettydiva(f): 1:47pm On Feb 16, 2011
its not necessary, but it helps sha especially the babe
Re: Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by MMM2(m): 3:32pm On Feb 16, 2011
no
Re: Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by MMM2(m): 3:34pm On Feb 16, 2011
no
Re: Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by ebila(m): 3:39pm On Feb 16, 2011
@Poster,
It is not necessary,but very imperative.It doesn't matter for how long,but just be her friend.The reason is this; women are very sensitive beings,to win their hearts and gain their trust,you need to prove yourself a friend first.I was friends with all the ladies i dated before we even started dating,some a few days,some a few weeks,some a few months and some a few hours grin grin grin!
Re: Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by Omolola1(f): 3:41pm On Feb 16, 2011
@OP, It is very necessary to be friends with whoever u want to date
Re: Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:56pm On Feb 16, 2011
Guy, dating is like gambling, if you have enough pay - will have date grin you can have enough pay and still not get the coochie
Re: Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by Fearcom(m): 10:22pm On Feb 16, 2011
Nope
Re: Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 16, 2011
yes @ poster.
you should build a relationship with her
and she should feel comfortable enough to view
you as her best friend and lover. at least thats how i see it.
Re: Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by Dsense(m): 11:06pm On Feb 16, 2011
OP.
IMHO,
I think yes,You should befriend a girl for atleast coule of motnhs before ungrading it . . . .I did befriended mine for good 2 years.
Re: Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by MrsChima(f): 11:07pm On Feb 16, 2011
I agree.
Re: Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by Dsense(m): 11:09pm On Feb 16, 2011
Stop pulling my legs woman tongue grin
Re: Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by MrsChima(f): 11:10pm On Feb 16, 2011
Now, you know me Dsense. I will disagree with you if I disagree with you. So far, I agree with you. I am sure that won't last too long!
Re: Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by Dsense(m): 11:20pm On Feb 16, 2011
I knew it . . .I know it won't last too long . . .Sick fat duck grin angry
Re: Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by Beync(f): 11:36pm On Feb 16, 2011
yes, relationship built on frienship last. gettin to know each other before involving in seriouse relationship is vital. friendship affirms and validate in a more clear way than even the romantic tie. during this friendship u can learn to be urself and develop a certain confort level with the other person which may latter turn into steamy romance
Re: Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by MrsChima(f): 11:57pm On Feb 16, 2011
D-sense:

I knew it . . .I know it won't last too long . . .Sick fat duck grin angry

Awwwww. You hungry? What happened? Did the Brotherhood hijack the meat market? I am sorry to tell you I don't have enough meat on my body to fill you up unless you like nyansh. tongue
Re: Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by Nobody: 12:40am On Feb 17, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

yes @ poster.
you should build a relationship with her
and she should feel comfortable enough to view
you as her best friend and lover. at least thats how i see it.

boo Now I'm confused.

Weren't you saying earlier that you couldn't date a friend who's gotten to know you well? undecided
Re: Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 17, 2011
2buff:

boo Now I'm confused.

Weren't you saying earlier that you couldn't date a friend who's gotten to know you well? undecided

lol childhood friend versus a guy who wants to "holla" and get to know you/be your man. . .big DIFFERENCE.
Re: Is It Necessary to Be A Girl's Friend Before You Start Dating Her? by Jeel: 5:11pm On Feb 17, 2011
There is no need 4 that u can just go strt

(1) (Reply)

Should I Still Go On With The Marriage Plan Or End It? / 18 Reasons To Leave A Woman Alone / Are Nigerian Men Really Mean??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.