Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,535 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Need Urgent Advice On Divorce Plsss - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Need Urgent Advice On Divorce Plsss (1345 Views)

Pastor Chris' Daughter Rejects Him, Supports Mums On Divorce / Help Needed On Divorce Procedure / What Are Your Views On Divorce? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Urgent Advice On Divorce Plsss by MiracleChild: 7:49pm On Sep 19, 2012
Hey guys pls i need advice from those that have gone through divorce. So i need to get a divorce urgently because am fast loosing my mind in this loveless and abusive marriage i am stuck in. i contacted a Lawyers and he gave me the following shockers.

1. we have to be separated for 2 years to get a divorce
2.it can happen faster if i was forced into marriage or under aged
3.sodomy

i don't fall into any of these categories, 2 years seem like a life time? what do i dooooo.

yes i made a mistake getting into this marriage but i don't have to die in it
Re: Need Urgent Advice On Divorce Plsss by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 19, 2012
Yes it is true, Divorce can only be finalized after 2 years of legal separation. It is not automatic. What is the rush? The 2 years of Legal separation is so you can take time, try peaceful resolution and if that fails then finalise the divorce. What exactly do you need advice on? Is it the waiting period? The Lawyers should have explained it simply and clearly to you.
Re: Need Urgent Advice On Divorce Plsss by Johndoe100(m): 8:05pm On Sep 19, 2012
The poster wants to marry someone else and waiting 2 years seems like a lifetime . Also the other partner may slip away before then.
Re: Need Urgent Advice On Divorce Plsss by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 19, 2012
2days is enough to amend the faults and wrongs. you might not get a "better" woman out there.
Re: Need Urgent Advice On Divorce Plsss by 2mch(m): 9:48pm On Sep 19, 2012
If you have someone else, tell the court that you have someone else that you want to marry. The person has sought your hand in marriage. Or if you can prove you have been living separate in the past 2yrs. Obviously this can only be achieved with the help of the soon to be divorced spouse. sad
Re: Need Urgent Advice On Divorce Plsss by Kobojunkie: 10:50pm On Sep 20, 2012
If you are already separated, why can't you wait for the divorce? Separation does not require you live under the same roof or town as the person you are divorced from, but I think it should be a time for you to think about what mistakes you may have made in the marriage yourself and consider the pros and cons of divorce before you finally get it, or not.
Re: Need Urgent Advice On Divorce Plsss by Jellitah: 4:15pm On Feb 09, 2013
[size=20pt]So i need to get a divorce urgently because am fast loosing my mind in this loveless and abusive marriage i am stuck in.[/size]

DIVORCE IS AN OPTION. . . any time, any day. . . .IF YOU ARE REALLY LOSING YOUR SANITY. . . no one will show you the road to a divorce court. FIRST THINGS FIRST. . .YOU SHOULD NEVER. . .NEVER CONTEMPLATE FLEEING FROM AN ABUSIVE SPOUSE! kiss
MOVE OUT OF THE HOUSE AND FILE FOR A LEGAL SEPARATION!!! kiss

(1) (Reply)

Children From Broken Home Tend To Love Their Parent Less??? / All Oriflame Products Are Available Here / Please I Need Your Sincere Answer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.