Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Questions About My Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Questions About My Relationship (3818 Views)

My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please / Etisalat Sales Girl Has Put My Relationship in Trouble / A Nairalander To Nairalanders: Please Save My Relationship With A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions About My Relationship by chigurl(f): 11:25pm On Sep 19, 2012
I am a Nigerian American. Born in Nigeria to igbo parents moved here at the age of 13. I have attended high school and college and currently in the workforce. I left the state of Ohio to move to NJ to be closer to my family. while in Ohio i go involved with an older black american man. First of all he is 34yrs older than me. I wont say he wasn't nice to me because he was but he insisted on marrying me even with the large age difference between us. He now explained that if he never married me that he was going to find another Nigerian woman to marry. Meanwhile this was the man saying that all his money went toward me throughout our relationship. This man has been married and has grown up children residing in the state of Texas. I refused to marry him and refused to sign a prenujp. He did give me some gifts but i told him that my culture does not allow me to marry men who is my fathers age and really we do not mix with black americans as you guys are just that Americans and will never go to Africa with us. I told him he can try the other tribes and see how things work as Nigeria alone is very diverse but this is what i know of Igbo culture and the huge age difference is a problem in my culture. I don't Know if Yorubas do sign prenups when they marry. I don't have a ton of friends at this point. I went to college with some but after graduation i lost contact with a lot of poeple. I just want to know if there are any igbo men out there in Philadelphia, NJ or NYC. I am back in the market and i am getting older and looking to settle down with. the right person. If you have a wife back in Nigeria please de not respond. I am very educated and hold a good job. Thanks and have a wonderful evening you all. I hope i do not sound desperate or anything. Unfortunately i do not work in the healthcare sector. Hope it's not a problem for those who want to marry a nurse or someone in the medical field. Thanks.
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Nobody: 11:39pm On Sep 19, 2012
^^^^Can you edit your post and stop slandering the other Nigerian tribes? You made your choice to be with a man old enough to be your dad, deal with it - and stop bringing other tribes into it... And no educated and sophisticated Yoruba woman will marry a man 34 years older than her...

Back to the topic:

Why are you seeking a relationship on a forum as weird as NL? Don't rush yourself into finding a replacement for the old man - just work on yourself and you'll find the right guy in the real world...

1 Like

Re: Questions About My Relationship by Nobody: 12:11am On Sep 20, 2012
Iniatially, I gave a very sensible and inspiring post but I had to edit and re-post this, cos I perceive you don't deserve my humane advice.
I never knew you were clicking, clanking, clattering collection of collagenous & tribalistic junks.

You are highly educated, but you didn't speak anything different from that food vendor in my street -madam nkechi-
I am very sure the smartest thing ever to come out of your mouth was a joystick.
Re: Questions About My Relationship by greedie1(f): 12:50am On Sep 20, 2012
Woman, wat r u on about? Dat yoruba nd hausa woman have no class, Will settle 4 anytin?

Dat beautiful biography u wrote up der? Ur tribalist remark sullied it. Didnt ur education teach u to rise above discrimination??
Re: Questions About My Relationship by KateSpade(f): 1:30am On Sep 20, 2012
how did u even become involved with him? You knew the age difference
Re: Questions About My Relationship by obowunmi(m): 1:45am On Sep 20, 2012
chigurl: I am a Nigerian American. Born in Nigeria to igbo parents moved here at the age of 13. I have attended high school and college and currently in the workforce. I left the state of Ohio to move to NJ to be closer to my family. while in Ohio i go involved with an older black american man. First of all he is 34yrs older than me. I wont say he wasn't nice to me because he was but he insisted on marrying me even with the large age difference between us. He now explained that if he never married me that he was going to find another Nigerian woman to marry. Meanwhile this was the man saying that all his money went toward me throughout our relationship. This man has been married and has grown up children residing in the state of Texas. I refused to marry him and refused to sign a prenujp. He did give me some gifts but i told him that my culture does not allow me to marry men who is my fathers age and really we do not mix with black americans as you guys are just that Americans and will never go to Africa with us. I told him to go and marry someone who is from the Yoruba Tribe or Hausa Tribe since he insists on a Nigerian. I am sure there are thousands of Yoruba women who wants a man who is 34yrs their senior and who are willing to sign a prenup for marriage. I just want to know if there are any igbo men out there in Philadelphia, NJ or NYC. I am back in the market and i am getting older and looking to settle down with the right person. If you have a wife back in Nigeria please de not respond. I am very educated and hold a good job. Thanks and have a wonderful evening you all.

You are based in Erie, PA - which is a predominately white area. Must you date a Nigerian?
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Metalgoong(m): 3:07am On Sep 20, 2012
very Educated my asz!! . . .
You better marry the old man quick quick . . .
I guess you are expecting young and fresh Igbo boys to marry ya after messing around with the Old man.

1 Like

Re: Questions About My Relationship by Nobody: 3:24am On Sep 20, 2012
Lmao.....cant stop laughing!
Bebe, did you mess (no be fart o) around with this guy? If yes, hmm, after that you gave out your slot? Now, you are here looking for sweet 16?....chai, men don see nwiiiii. Babes, thats pennywise, pound foolish.
Lol....talking about the well educated part, that one na to upgrade your cv for any unlucky mumu wey go fall inside your trap.
One advice only.......grow up, Miss well-educated!
Lmao......
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Metalgoong(m): 3:40am On Sep 20, 2012
Maria-G:
Lmao.....cant stop laughing!
Bebe, did you mess (no be fart o) around with this guy? If yes, hmm, after that you gave out your slot? Now, you are here looking for sweet 16?....c[b]hai, men don see nwiiiii[/b]. Babes, thats pennywise, pound foolish.
Lol....talking about the well educated part, that one na to upgrade your cv for any unlucky mumu wey go fall inside your trap.
One advice only.......grow up, Miss well-educated!
Lmao......

No be small nwiii oooo!
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Rayz94(f): 5:22am On Sep 20, 2012
lol... y u guys answering her....a nigerian who moved to the state at the age of 13 nd who also attended high sch there....would never write like this "He now explained that if he never married me that he was going to find another Nigerian woman to marry." She is obviously playing pranks.
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Nobody: 5:43am On Sep 20, 2012
chigurl: I am a Nigerian American. Born in Nigeria to igbo parents moved here at the age of 13. I have attended high school and college and currently in the workforce. I left the state of Ohio to move to NJ to be closer to my family. while in Ohio i go involved with an older black american man. First of all he is 34yrs older than me. I wont say he wasn't nice to me because he was but he insisted on marrying me even with the large age difference between us. He now explained that if he never married me that he was going to find another Nigerian woman to marry. Meanwhile this was the man saying that all his money went toward me throughout our relationship. This man has been married and has grown up children residing in the state of Texas. I refused to marry him and refused to sign a prenujp. He did give me some gifts but i told him that my culture does not allow me to marry men who is my fathers age and really we do not mix with black americans as you guys are just that Americans and will never go to Africa with us. I told him to go and marry someone who is from the Yoruba Tribe or Hausa Tribe since he insists on a Nigerian. I am sure there are thousands of Yoruba women who wants a man who is 34yrs their senior and who are willing to sign a prenup for marriage. I just want to know if there are any igbo men out there in Philadelphia, NJ or NYC. I am back in the market and i am getting older and looking to settle down with the right person. If you have a wife back in Nigeria please de not respond. I am very educated and hold a good job. Thanks and have a wonderful evening you all.

1. You look down on him as he's an American, yet you call yourself an American because you moved here when you were a teenager.
2. You date this guy, accept his gifts, and then realize you can't marry him because he's a father of grown children and a divorcee.
3. You're a tribalist.

With these kind of stats, there's no point boasting of being educated. Some people hold PhDs and other high degrees, only for them to behave like their PhD is in Odeology. Best of luck to you.
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Mynd44: 6:31am On Sep 20, 2012
I can't believe someone who claims to be educated can write such nonsense.
Re: Questions About My Relationship by malaria(f): 12:42pm On Sep 20, 2012
Poster u are an educated illiterate 4 dat triblistic remark. Wot has Tribe got 2 do with the fact that u don't have moral ethics 2 knw the age barrier in your relationship. Enyia think twice and quickly delete this thread that has no economic and agric imporatnce.
Re: Questions About My Relationship by chigurl(f): 2:10pm On Sep 20, 2012
If i offended anyone from the yoruba tribe i do apologise. i made my statement because i don't understand yoruba culture for one. The one time i tried to get to know a yoruba guy i wasn't accepted for being Igbo. I was taught that Yorubas have more in Common with black Americans. I don't look down on any tribe. Just saying it as i was thought and based on my life experiences. I know here in the USA. many high crimes have been committed by Yorubas. I have to explain this to my black americans friends that we have different tribes in Nigeria. The Redeem is a Yoruba church and this black american man ex of mine has attended a couple of their services. He said he would tell all his friends to attend the Redeem Church to find an African wife since they are all divorced. I hope he goes to all the Chapters. I know we share the same skin color but the culture is not the same and never will be. We have no need to adopt to their cultureless hiphop mentality. This man has attended an igbo event and sees the difference. I can't marry him. There are thousands of others who want a 64yr old man for marriage i am very sure of. I am quite unsure how Yorubas really feel about black americans. I truly dislike the ghetto ones even though i went to school with them. I am proud to call myself a Nigerian and tell them to go back to picking cotton where their ancestors came from and deal with whitey because they are good for nothing so fas as i am concerned.

2 Likes

Re: Questions About My Relationship by chigurl(f): 2:13pm On Sep 20, 2012
Rayz94: lol... y u guys answering her....a nigerian who moved to the state at the age of 13 nd who also attended high sch there....would never write like this "He now explained that if he never married me that he was going to find another Nigerian woman to marry." She is obviously playing pranks.
How am i playing pranks. What woman in her right mind would stand for susch nonsense. You called my bluff the typical Akata way and then had the nerve to sign a prenup. I don't remember any of the weddings i've been to where prenups were signed. That's just an American thing. I don't know if Yorubas do it but the last time i checked we Igbos do not. My parents sure as heck didn't and they were married years ago.

1 Like

Re: Questions About My Relationship by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 20, 2012
What is the OP's rantings about? I simply cant understang....infact, I need a translator.
Re: Questions About My Relationship by chigurl(f): 2:15pm On Sep 20, 2012
KateSpade: how did u even become involved with him? You knew the age difference
I was just minding my own business when he came to me on the job and asked me out. I did my own research and found out what i was looking for. I confronted him and he told me about his past.
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 20, 2012
Lmao at Yoruba people committing 'high crimes' in America and at having more in common with AAs! When did all AAs start acting the same way??

You're a tribalist! undecided undecided
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Mynd44: 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2012
chigurl: If i offended anyone from the yoruba tribe i do apologise. i made my statement because i don't understand yoruba culture for one. The one time i tried to get to know a yoruba guy i wasn't accepted for being Igbo. I was taught that Yorubas have more in Common with black Americans. I don't look down on any tribe. Just saying it as i was thought and based on my life experiences. I know here in the USA. many high crimes have been committed by Yorubas. I have to explain this to my black americans friends that we have different tribes in Nigeria. The Redeem is a Yoruba church and this black american man ex of mine has attended a couple of their services. He said he would tell all his friends to attend the Redeem Church to find an African wife since they are all divorced. I hope he goes to all the Chapters. I know we share the same skin color but the culture is not the same and never will be. We have no need to adopt to their cultureless hiphop mentality. This man has attended an igbo event and sees the difference. I can't marry him. There are thousands of others who want a 64yr old man for marriage i am very sure of. I am quite unsure how Yorubas really feel about black americans. I truly dislike the ghetto ones even though i went to school with them. I am proud to call myself a Nigerian and tell them to go back to picking cotton where their ancestors came from and deal with whitey because they are good for nothing so fas as i am concerned.
And she types more rubbish. Just because you have met a couple of yoruba people, you condemn the whole tribe in your head and hence you look like what you turned out to be am arrogant and ignorant f00l.
Your likes are a disgrace to humanity and I wonder why you were born at all. Your education was a mistake and the fact that I breathe the same air with you makes me ashamed.
The fact that you also claim to be human is an insult to me.
Can't stand mo-rons who discriminate whether in their lousy head or outside. The world would be better without the likes of you.
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 20, 2012
She is a she-dailynews
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Mynd44: 2:23pm On Sep 20, 2012
And you said you dont understand yoruba culture so if you dont understand a culture, how do you pass judgement on them?
I am just angry that this bigot will also claim to be an human being and she will end up as a mother to some children someday. Some people should be banned from reproducing beginning with this OP
Re: Questions About My Relationship by free2ryhme: 2:23pm On Sep 20, 2012

Why do you have to tie the age gap to only yoruba or hausa people ?... Are you saying that ibo people dont marry men old than them? Ibo ladies marry men twice their age and i do have enuff examples
Re: Questions About My Relationship by free2ryhme: 2:24pm On Sep 20, 2012
Maria-G:
She is a she-dailynews

whats with you and dailynews ... if u conscience pricks you cant u go somewhere else and exhale .....
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 20, 2012
free2ryhme:

whats with you and dailynews ... if u conscience pricks you cant u go somewhere else and exhale .....
who is this and whats your buisness with my post? Or has freedom of speech suddenly being restricted to some non-living things? Take time o!
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 20, 2012
chigurl: if i offended anyone from the yoruba tribe i do apologise. i made my statement because i don't understand yoruba culture for one. The one time i tried to get to know a yoruba guy i wasn't accepted for being Igbo. I was taught that Yorubas have more in Common with black Americans. I don't look down on any tribe. Just saying it as i was thought and based on my life experiences. I know here in the USA. many high crimes have been committed by Yorubas. I have to explain this to my black americans friends that we have different tribes in Nigeria. The Redeem is a Yoruba church and this black american man ex of mine has attended a couple of their services. He said he would tell all his friends to attend the Redeem Church to find an African wife since they are all divorced. I hope he goes to all the Chapters. I know we share the same skin color but the culture is not the same and never will be. We have no need to adopt to their cultureless hiphop mentality. This man has attended an igbo event and sees the difference. I can't marry him. There are thousands of others who want a 64yr old man for marriage i am very sure of. I am quite unsure how Yorubas really feel about black americans. I truly dislike the ghetto ones even though i went to school with them. I am proud to call myself a Nigerian and tell them to go back to picking cotton where their ancestors came from and deal with whitey because they are good for nothing so fas as i am concerned.

Keep your apology nne. I'm wondering how much you have seen in the US and how many Yorubas you know to have jumped to so many conclusions. I can guarantee that you haven't met every Black American or Yoruba, so don't judge, stereotype, or hold others accountable for the misdeeds of a few miscreants or because you met one who rubbed you the wrong way.

Continue husband searching.
Re: Questions About My Relationship by greedie1(f): 2:43pm On Sep 20, 2012
Maria-G:
who is this and whats your buisness with my post? Or has freedom of speech suddenly being restricted to some non-living things? Take time o!
Freedom of speech is not an iv to write libellous statements about anoda. Its malicious

1 Like

Re: Questions About My Relationship by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 20, 2012
gree-die:

Freedom of speech is not an iv to write libellous statements about anoda. Its malicious
...and whom are you talking about, if I may ask? Daily-news?
Re: Questions About My Relationship by Mynd44: 2:47pm On Sep 20, 2012
gree-die:

Yeah it comes down to how people use their brains. Take the OP for example, she has none
Re: Questions About My Relationship by free2ryhme: 3:15pm On Sep 20, 2012
Maria-G:

Wetin dey worry this ode! you dey jump.Brains aren't everything. In fact, in your case they're nothing!

1 Like

Re: Questions About My Relationship by free2ryhme: 3:17pm On Sep 20, 2012
gree-die:

Mynd_44:
Yeah it comes down to how people use their brains. Take the OP for example, she has none

She's got a body that won't quit and a brain that won't start.

1 Like

Re: Questions About My Relationship by greedie1(f): 3:50pm On Sep 20, 2012
Maria-G:
...and whom are you talking about, if I may ask? Daily-news?
no, not daily news, i addressed it to u..... U may not lyk him but u shouldnt write inhumane tins abt him

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help! My OOU Coursemate/hallmate Is Sleeping With My Husband / Swagga / What Woud Your Father In Law Do (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.