Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype (120566 Views)

Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype / Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple / Her Family Say I Can't Marry Their Daughter Cos We're Both As Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by yetseyi(f): 1:26pm On Oct 01, 2013
Out of all the loads of things to look out for in a man before marrying him. Finding out genotype is now added to it.
I still cry each time I remember what would have been a wonderful relationship and eventual marriage that was prevented by this genotype wahala.
But by God's grace the right person with whom I m compatible will come along soonest.

If u're AA I guess you re very lucky. It s not really easy meeting a guy you like and knowing something would come out of it and then the next thought would be what is his genotype. And that is not even a question you can ask early in the relationship.

Mcbussy: I am AA, my gf is AA....there's no room for weakness in the bloodline. Life is about evolution...only the strong would survive. wink

No body chose his or her genotype, not even the sicklers chose theirs

1 Like

Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by Mcbussy(m): 11:34pm On Oct 19, 2013
yetseyi: Out of all the loads of things to look out for in a man before marrying him. Finding out genotype is now added to it.
I still cry each time I remember what would have been a wonderful relationship and eventual marriage that was prevented by this genotype wahala.
But by God's grace the right person with whom I m compatible will come along soonest.

If u're AA I guess you re very lucky. It s not really easy meeting a guy you like and knowing something would come out of it and then the next thought would be what is his genotype. And that is not even a question you can ask early in the relationship.

No body chose his or her genotype, not even the sicklers chose theirs

Well,sorry to hear about the situation with your past relationship...I know we didn't choose our genotypes and all other traits.the basic truth is that we still have to be careful now that we are educated and enlightened enough to choose the possible traits our future kids can come up with.I said I was dating an AA like myself,and now we are no longer together.who knows maybe I'll end up marrying an AS,AC,or even SS(I pray against the SS case...lol).but the only reason why I can afford to think that way is because I am AA.My dear,if I happened to be AS or AC,I won't wanna imagine my child asking me in the future,why his/her mother and I didn't care to check our genotypes before marrying each other.
Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by Abali1(m): 12:59am On Oct 26, 2013
Mcbussy:

Well,sorry to hear about the situation with your past relationship...I know we didn't choose our genotypes and all other traits.the basic truth is that we still have to be careful now that we are educated and enlightened enough to choose the possible traits our future kids can come up with.I said I was dating an AA like myself,and now we are no longer together.who knows maybe I'll end up marrying an AS,AC,or even SS (I pray against the SS case...lol).but the only reason why I can afford to think that way is because I am AA.My dear,if I happened to be AS or AC,I won't wanna imagine my child asking me in the future,why his/her mother and I didn't care to check our genotypes before marrying each other.

The bolded ain't funny. You are not better than SS people, you owe the life you are living to Almighty God. So stop furthering the stigmatization.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by Benettah: 10:27pm On Nov 17, 2013
I have the cc genotype, can anyone please elaborate on this. Thanks
Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by mystery001(m): 2:27am On Nov 18, 2013
Well am AA but I have a girlfriend who's SS and she happens to be the only one with it in her family of 5 children with her parents both AS. Stigmatisation is still very alive as even 'the educated people' try to always scare you away from marrying an SS all with claims of added burden of care, expenses and a possibility of dead not at an old age. Well, just last week a 40years old SS woman died on my street. But I have seen many well into their 60's. Surprisingly also my girlfriend is very intelligent and same with other carriers. Stigmatisation is bad. Marrying an SS or bringing SS kids should be well reasoned with a personal conviction to go all the way.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by Chubhie: 11:45am On Nov 18, 2013
Coincidentally, A very good friend of mine went to the hospital to check his genotype and that of his babe. He is AC while d babe is SC. Mind you theirs is a relationship of 3years+ and bout heading for the Altar. He was very scared and knowing the true love that they both shared, I had to first calm his mind. Will have to get them all the materials required in this issue for them to see and make an informed decision.

I know I'm just fortunate being AA and O+but watching some people cry over things they have no control over makes me sober. I also wish to settle down with an AA lady when I'm ready so as to put Our kids on a stronger footing.
Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by yetseyi(f): 2:45pm On Nov 18, 2013
@chubbie
LOL @ ' to put kids on stronger footing' .
about ur friend I really dunno wat 2 say abt it coz their case is a little complex. God grant them wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by Abali1(m): 3:42pm On Nov 22, 2013
Chubhie: Coincidentally, A very good friend of mine went to the hospital to check his genotype and that of his babe. He is AC while d babe is SC. Mind you theirs is a relationship of 3years+ and bout heading for the Altar. He was very scared and knowing the true love that they both shared, I had to first calm his mind. Will have to get them all the materials required in this issue for them to see and make an informed decision.

If you don't mind, you can show them my threads here on NL.
I have always maintained that Love is not enough reason to endanger the children you will have in future.
NB
Well we have stem cell transplant in Nigeria now. I think it goes for 2million naira (am not sure). So you can also tell them about that.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by Vick007: 8:36am On Dec 10, 2013
Morning Fello, please guys, i have a problem, and i will really appreciate if am able to get good answer, well my problem is that i did my 1st Genotype test 1st September, 2010 and the result was AS, and now i did another one to confirm it again 22nd November, 2013 and i discovered i was AC, Please can anyone tell me what the different between both and what position is AC on the List ? is it AA, AC, AS, SS or AA, AS, AC, SS. because am on a tight corner, Thanks.
Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by Mcbussy(m): 11:00pm On Dec 10, 2013
Vick007: Morning Fello, please guys, i have a problem, and i will really appreciate if am able to get good answer, well my problem is that i did my 1st Genotype test 1st September, 2010 and the result was AS, and now i did another one to confirm it again 22nd November, 2013 and i discovered i was AC, Please can anyone tell me what the different between both and what position is AC on the List ? is it AA, AC, AS, SS or AA, AS, AC, SS. because am on a tight corner, Thanks.

well,i'm nt in d medical line,so i might not av d right explanation.what i do know is dat u are a sickle cell carrier weda AC or AS.so i'll advise u not to marry an AS,AC,SS,CC or SC.

i'll also advise u to go for a 3rd test to be sure about ur genotype.
Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by Abali1(m): 2:24pm On Dec 11, 2013
Mcbussy:

so i'll advise u not to marry an AS,AC,SS,CC or SC.

i'll also advise u to go for a 3rd test to be sure about ur genotype.
Please adhere to this advice. AC when crossed with AS will give you
AA, AC, AS, SC.
AC/AC will give
AA, AC, AC, CC (I believe this is a rare form of genetoype, but it has similarities with Sickle Cell and also has complications)
NB
Of course you don't need to marry SS or SC.
All these things are under probability. But I will always ask..... "Why put your God to the test? "

1 Like

Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by simiolu1(m): 11:48pm On Dec 11, 2014
This is d 1st time I'd be seeing this.
I'm SC, in my late 20s and I've lived a VERY healthy life. The only crises I used to experience were serious bone pains (some called it rheumatism).
Cos I was a very healthy boy, I used to think I was AA. Not until I got admission and had blood tests. A year later, my elder brother got tested and d results show he's AC.
When d frequency of my crises increased, I enquired about d origin of d whole thing cos I'm d only one in d family that experiences crises.
On speaking to our first born, she told me my mum used to experience d same symptoms (so I guess she must have been SC while dad would have been AS). But since they are both late, I can't ask them.
However, I've decided I'm goin to marry AA by God's grace so I always stylishly ask my gfs about their genotype.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by funny60: 11:47am On Dec 31, 2014
4 Blood Group Antibodies is Involved in AHG Generally antibodies involved in AHG reactions are of two types, namely the complete and the incomplete, antibodies. Whereas the complete antibodies...for more details visit
ANTIHUMANGLOBULIN 4 Blood Group Antibodies is Involved in AHG
Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by lsb00130(m): 12:16am On Aug 19, 2015
I usually have dis bone pain as well,especially durin cold weather bt with d help of lofnac & other novalgin drugs.it occurs after long stress or wen I hit any p@ of my joint against anytin. I have to see d doctor,i got to know my GenoT iz SC..i neva cum across dt befre not untill now..he said d best advice he cud give me is to settle down for AA#
Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by xtboat: 2:21pm On Sep 25, 2015
Afternoon guys,please help me solve this problem of genotype issue,the guy im about to marry is SS and i tested AC.please should i still carry on with this marriage or break up....please i dont want jokes but real answers
Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by Dyt(f): 3:08pm On Sep 25, 2015
xtboat:
Afternoon guys,please help me solve this problem of genotype issue,the guy im about to marry is SS and i tested AC.please should i still carry on with this marriage or break up....please i dont want jokes but real answers

shocked shocked
I can't believe someone is asking this
Cut off the damn thing
What?
Seriously?
angry angry
Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by blackylola(m): 3:27pm On May 24, 2017
bolseas:
my sister who is SC only had a crises once which was because she overstretched herself.

it was like a problem discovered, a problem solved.

the moment it was discovered that she is SC (not that she was always sick before partaking in that cultural dance).

after wht happened to her, she ddnt fall sick again or had any other crises.

she is just like any other normal person. infact she doesnt look or behave like some one who is SC. perhaps, she is one lucky SC.

only issue is dont touch her (i.e beat her) otherwise u end up paying hospital bills.

my worry is, wht happens to a couple that are both AC?
thks for sharing this, am As and am about to marry AC but medical personnel said we should go ahead with our marriage plan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by bolseas(f): 8:10am On May 26, 2017
blackylola:
thks for sharing this, am As and am about to marry AC but medical personnel said we should go ahead with our marriage plan

just like my parents. pls go ahead.. congratulations in advance... extend invitations to our end too make we come chop party jollof rice

1 Like

Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by en1gma12: 4:08pm On May 26, 2017
blackylola:

I'm also in the same situation. We don't know what to do, we've separated but came back together. Did medical personnel really tell you to go ahead? Are there any other people with SC genotype? Is it worth it?
Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by festuso2(m): 8:48am On Dec 30, 2017
@Blackylola I would like to have a personal chat with you as regards your comment. Could you please drop your phone number? God bless!
Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by blackylola(m): 9:40am On Dec 30, 2017
festuso2:
@Blackylola I would like to have a personal chat with you as regards your comment. Could you please drop your phone number? God bless!
Ok
Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by festuso2(m): 9:50am On Dec 30, 2017
Many thanks!
Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by blackylola(m): 2:02pm On Jan 07, 2018
Iranoladun:
For pre-natal testing of babies to determine their genotype try O & G dept of LUTH, Idi - Araba, Lagos, UCH, Ibadan, OAUTH Ile Ife, UNIBEN teaching hospital and a host of other teaching hospitals in Nigeria.

If you're truly in love genotype will be the last thing on your mind. I'm AS and my hubby is AC; we don't have any SC and I always thank I did not allow genotype deprive me of a wonderful marriage. God knows I will marry my husband a thousand times over (my only regret is not marrying him early enough).

All the people talking about genotype testing even before dating; I wish you luck in getting a wonderful partner. With the advent of technology, I will rather marry whom I love and who equally loves me than getting someone with a genotype AA that is a devil re-incarnate! There are worst disease one can develop in life aside Sickle cell disease o jare!
wow you're a life saver
Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by Abali1(m): 3:51pm On Jan 19, 2018
en1gma12:

I'm also in the same situation. We don't know what to do, we've separated but came back together. Did medical personnel really tell you to go ahead? Are there any other people with SC genotype? Is it worth it?
I believe I am genotype SC. But some of my lab results read genotype SS.
Much difference is not found in genotype SC or SS. Both often witness severe mind wrenching crisis. If you have a better alternative, please avoid a union that will produce either SS or SC.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 21, 2018
bolseas:

i d like to give a personal experience.

my parent took that risk, dis was abt 30 yrs ago. my dad was AS and my mum is AC.  before they got married, they didnt bother to knw abt their genotypes until when my dad discovered  he had diabetics. ofcourse he had to go for medical checkups, tests etc that was when he knew he was AS.

my mum on the other hand got to knw her genotype 5/6 yrs ago. my younger sister (the last born and sixth position) was part of a cultural group in her school. they had a cultural dance at school and of course, she danced like there was no tomorrow.

when she got home, ate, took her bath etc. den slept. when she woke up the following day (Saturday) she couldnt get up. she was in severe pains. my mum then massage her body with hot water and later took her to the hospital. the doctor requested dat some tests including genotype be carried out on her. that was when it was discovered that my younger sister's genotype was SC. the doctor wondered who the C carrier was and requested that my mum should check her genotype. that was when it was dicovered that she is AC.

my younger sister is to consistently use Folic Acid capsules/tablets afterwards.

AC has being existing long before now. atleast my mum will be 50 yrs old come august.

though i still want to know more about this AC/SC genotype so that i can see how i can help them better.

It wasn't your parents fault. As at that time science had not developed to that level. It was around early or mid 90s that it became common knowledge. My mum was a military nurse, when the lab technology newly arrived her military base hospital, all of us without exception did the test.

In those days, children with sickle cell disease were known as abikus. My mum was regarded as one. She was the only surviving child. All the children born before her never stayed long. When she did the test, she found out she was AS. She excitedly explained the formula of marriage of different genotypes, explained why she was regarded as an abikus with an abiku name and warned us of the implications of marrying wrongly. My brother was saved from this early education. As at that time, the C haemoglobin was unknown. Only A and S.
Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by AvailableCofOLa(m): 5:30am On Jan 22, 2018
Thus could be confusing though. NY opinion is AA marries any other good genotype. That pairing is nice.

We should all check my signature here below and see where we can be of service to you. We guaranteesl peace of mind in your acquisition. Let's just know your choice location and we'd get it for you at a great deal ensuring all possible loose ends are tightened because WE DO DUE DELIGENCE WITH OUR TEAM OF EXPERTS. Customer satisfaction is Paramount to us and top on our priority list.
Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by viewingcentres: 1:11pm On Jun 17, 2018
What advice will you give two ac couples who are so in love with each other, though knowing they have the possibility of having cc. Is the risk of cc worth taking? Personally I've seen two people with cc living well. But still I wilm like to know if there are cc in the house to share how they feel and if they can engage in a marriage that will produce cc again
Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by Abali1(m): 6:14am On Jun 19, 2018
viewingcentres:
What advice will you give two ac couples who are so in love with each other, though knowing they have the possibility of having cc. Is the risk of cc worth taking? Personally I've seen two people with cc living well. But still I wilm like to know if there are cc in the house to share how they feel and if they can engage in a marriage that will produce cc again
Hope your present 'Love' will be able to withstand crisis and reality if perchance you have a CC baby? Of course there are even SS living well and doing well.
The question is, are you ready to face reality if and when it stares you in the face?

1 Like

Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by Gideon111: 4:46pm On Sep 03, 2019
Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by Gideon111: 4:49pm On Sep 03, 2019
Re: Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype by sisisioge: 6:43pm On Sep 03, 2019
Yes, if they won't be having children as they are both carriers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Complains Of Everyday Sex From Husband, Runs (Video) / Wedding Of 42-Year-Old Folasade Dairo, A Nigerian Mother Of 4 In USA / Delta: Man Catches His Wife Having Sex With Another Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.