Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,022 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Did God Really Die For You? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Really Die For You? (5104 Views)

Did He Really Die? / Did Jesus Christ Really Die On The Cross? / Did Jesus Really Die On A Cross?find Out Now!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Really Die For You? by truthislight: 12:40pm On Oct 01, 2012
i think his interest is to ask you to leave the us president alone.

This is not a police, section but a refuse forum, what has it to do with your reason "not to vote for "Obama"?

Take the advice.

jesus had ask you to pray that "God's kingdom come" matthew 6:10
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 01, 2012
Dear Lord

Please wash away all hate, vile talk, malice and backbiting on this thread amongst your people. Teach them that when they fight within themselves, they only give non-believers like me weapons to trash you more... Open their eyes to your word and their heart to your love.

Bless david, ola and co. Teach them to be one... and while you're at it, can you send down a new version of the Bible, in all languages this time.... so much confusion among your people..
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 01, 2012
musKeeto: Dear Lord

Please wash away all hate, vile talk, malice and backbiting on this thread amongst your people. Teach them that when they fight within themselves, they only give non-believers like me weapons to trash you more... Open their eyes to your word and their heart to your love.

Bless david, ola and co. Teach them to be one... and while you're at it, can you send down a new version of the Bible, in all languages this time.... so much confusion among your people..

hahaha , Ola take note grin grin grin
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 01, 2012
truthislight:

Your addiction with the president of the united state is unhealthy.
Is US God'skingdom?

Tell him oooo. embarassed

At least you can now see the 'holier than thou ' attitude of deeperlifers in action.
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by cyrexx: 3:06pm On Oct 01, 2012

guy, you are so so so funny.

ROTFLMAO.
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 01, 2012

Is it my imagination or have you deepened your atheism since my thread on the Bible?
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 01, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Is it my imagination or have you deepened your atheism since my thread on the Bible?
Not your imagination, bro.... wink

Just confirmed you're good cos you ought to be good. Most of what you preach and say about God, a Hindu/Buddhist might identify with if he wasn't aware it was written by a Christian..

Maybe there's a God, but if Yahweh is that God, well...
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:22pm On Oct 01, 2012
truthislight:

I have followed you and david in this forum, i dont think that you have the moral fiber to make such a statement against david.

And who made you the high judge in this matter?

truthislight:

A glance through your posts and that of David in this forum paint a very clear picture.

Whatever picture you're seeing is tainted by your JW's googles.

truthislight:

Take his advice and stop attacking people.

What you should do as a christian following the foot step of christ is to tell people what the bible says and not to go after person/individual.

How is speaking the truth attacking people? Can you quote where I attacked the person of Davidylan?

truthislight:

Best, point out what is wrong, dont hate.
Your addiction with the president of the united state is unhealthy.
Is US God'skingdom?

I know you will see pointing out the truth as hate speech because you don't know any different. I hereby challenge you to show me the evidence that I hate the POTUS and if you can't you should hold your peace. You should be the last person to give advise on respecting the POTUS because your Society does not honour or respect the flag of any country and you see all presidents as evil. Can you sing the national anthem or can you be enlisted in the army if called upon to defend your country?

truthislight:

Children of God love all kinds of persons and wish them well and ask the bad to change while their is still time.

If you show love/truth/light you will also love all person and not the individual just as God does letting his rain fall on the righteous and the unrighteous.

If you imitate God, This can either make you sons of God or sons of satan if you dont.
Peace

You should learn first what it means to be a child of God before you offer to give advise. Love doesn't mean that you should be peddling error about saying that Jesus Christ is the arch angel Michael and that he only rose spiritually from the grave. Tough love is also speaking the truth even when it hurts. This what Adrian Rogers of blessed memory had to say when talking about truth and unitiy.

"It is better to be divided in truth than to be united in error, it is better to speak truth that hurts and then heals than to speak a lie; it is better to be hated for telling the truth than to be loved for telling a lie; it is better to stand alone with truth than to be wrong with the multitude . . . The religion of today is 'get-along-ism.' It is time for men and women of God to stand,[even] if they have to stand alone."

This saying has certainly proved to be true in these latter days.
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 01, 2012
musKeeto:
Not your imagination, bro.... wink

Just confirmed you're good cos you ought to be good. Most of what you preach and say about God, a Hindu/Buddhist might identify with if he wasn't aware it was written by a Christian..

Maybe there's a God, but if Yahweh is that God, well...

That's a pity, but your decision, I guess.

The part about a Hindu/Buddhist agreeing with the message of the Gospel is really no excuse though. It only goes to show the universality of the message of Christ.
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 01, 2012
Ihedinobi:

The part about a Hindu/Buddhist agreeing with the message of the Gospel is really no excuse though. It only goes to show the universality of the message of Christ.
lol, did you read the mail i sent to anony wink
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 01, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Yeah, my decision. Don't be too hard on yourself.. grin
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 01, 2012
musKeeto:
lol, did you read the mail i sent to anony wink

Mail? What mail?

musKeeto:
Yeah, my decision. Don't be too hard on yourself.. grin

Don't worry, I'm not. I'm permitted to worry about you though, am I not? cheesy
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by CrazyMan(m): 1:15pm On Oct 02, 2012
Ihedinobi: I do not know if anyone has discussed on this matter with you before. I'm assuming that you are a brother caught in a difficulty, not one hardened in unbelief. In fact, your words both encourage me and cause me to fear for you. Nevertheless, I will carry on to explain this crucial matter to you and entrust you to the Lord that your eyes may be opened.

But for the bolded, sir, I would have thought that you didn't have the letter to the Hebrews in your Bible. That letter was devoted specifically to showing the superiority of Christ to Moses, the superiority of His Sacrifice to those demanded by the Mosaic Law, the superiority of His Priesthood to the Levitical. That letter was all about the final redemption bought with the blood of the Son of God.

Jesus Christ, Who is God and therefore could not die, took on human flesh specifically in order that He could suffer death. Death is necessarily weak against Life. God is Himself Life, He is the Source of Life. Death is simply the condition of disconnect with that Source. As there is a physical experience of that, there is also the spiritual or eternal experience of that. Now, clearly, God Himself cannot disconnect from Himself, can He? He must necessarily assume a nature that is susceptible to Death in order to be able to do so. This is why Jesus came. Jesus is God taking on humanity and submitting Himself to Death in order to destroy the very same condition.

See John 12:27 in context, Hebrews 2:9 and Rev 5:9 for starters.

Christianity is founded on this: God became Man in order to bear Man's Death.
Thank you sir for your contribution.

...I've gone through the passage you gave...

In the first chapter (John 12:27)

Now my soul is troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

This was the hour he was referring to...

Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners. 1 Timothy 1:15, "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief."

Jesus Christ came into the world to call sinners to repentance. Mark 2:17, "When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

Jesus Christ came into the world to seek and save the lost. Luke 19:10, "For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost."

Jesus Christ came into the world to be a King and bear witness to the truth. John 18:37, "Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice."

Jesus Christ came into the world to do the Will of His Father. John 6:38, "For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

Jesus Christ came into the world to be a Light in the world. John 12:46, "I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness."

Jesus Christ came into the world that men might have the Abundant Life. John 10:10, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."

I can go on and on...

His mission on earth was not to die. He clearly stated it in those passages, that he came to save the world, to draw the world closer to himself.

Now to your next passage (Hebrews 2:9)

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

If you take a look at (Paul's) this letter, you would notice that christ had already died and risen before that letter was written.

Paul's letter to the hebrews was his own opinion about christ's mission on earth.

The letter was written based on christ lifestyle here on earth, therefore it has nothing to do with why he was on earth because he had already left the earth when the letter was written.

The final passage (Revelation 5:9)

And the sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy too take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou was slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tounge, and people, and nation;

This passage, was a revelation given to John the beloved. And like the letter of paul unto the hebrews, christ had already died and resurrected.

And note...the passage was a revelation, it had nothing to do with christ's mission on earth.

Its very understandable that christ ought to be celebrated by his father (God) in heaven; considering the way he defeated death...I feel that's the reason that vision was given to John.

I would conclude with this as a food for thought for you sir...

Before Jesus died, the blood of animal sacrifices were required to cleanse your sins, the animal was basically a scapegoat taking your place for your sins.

In Exodus 20:13, he made it clear to us, THOU SHALL NOT KILL.

And by that term, I believe he was referring to humans. But he gave us the right to murder animals as payment to him, to pay him for your sins.

Now, according to Christianity you have to ask God for forgiveness for sins in order to be forgiven.

2 chronicles 7:14. If my people who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sins, and I will heal their land.

So now, from this passage, do you think God would contradict his own word?

How does bloodshed help anything? Wouldn't it make more sense if rather than sending his only son to die, God accepted people's sincere apologies for their sins like stated in that passage?

I believe God doesn't lie, and I believe he loves us that's why he sent Jesus to fulfill that passage, by drawing all men to himself.

I shall finish with this...Jesus mission on earth wasn't to die but to reconcile us to God.

Have a nice day sir.
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 02, 2012

Amen grin
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 02, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Jesus Christ, Who is God and therefore could not die,

Talk about contradiction , this statement will make a very good class room example.

Jesus Christ who is GOD and therefore could not die , died !!

Sorry but the bible says that God is immortal and he cannot die, how come this changed and he died, and if he died who was ruling the universe.

You really are something else.

If this is not evidence to prove that Jesus Christ was the Son of God and 100% Man , which is why he was able to die, then we better go for brain surgery.

GOD took on human flesh specifically in order that He could suffer death. Death is necessarily weak against Life.

Blasphemy !!!

God did not incarnate into Christ , this is not at all mentioned or even implied in scripture.

God begat a Son with his HOLY Spirit through Mary. The only difference between Christ and a normal man was that he did not have a natural father hence his title Son of GOD.

Before Jesus started his ministry he had to be baptised and annointed, surely if he was God, why would he require annointing.

Wrong. This is not once mentioned in the bible , stop preaching error all over the place.

God sent his Son, mark the word Sent. God cannot send himself, you really are making no sense at all, it's horrifying to even imagine what you will say next to support this nonsense about GOD dying.
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by ijawkid(m): 9:39pm On Oct 02, 2012
frosbel:

Talk about contradiction , this statement will make a very good class room example.

Sorry but the bible says that God is immortal and he cannot die, how come this changed and he died, and if he died who was ruling the universe.

If this is not evidence to prove that Jesus Christ was the Son of God and 100% Man , which is why he was able to die, then we better go for brain surgery.

Blasphemy !!!

God did not incarnate into Christ , this is not at all mentioned or even implied in scripture.

God begat a Son with his HOLY Spirit through Mary. The only difference between Christ and a normal man was that he did not have a natural father hence his title Son of GOD.

Before Jesus started his ministry he had to be baptised and annointed, surely if he was God, why would he require annointing.

Wrong. This is not once mentioned in the bible , stop preaching error all over the place.

God sent his Son, mark the word Sent. God cannot send himself, you really are making no sense at all, it's horrifying to even imagine what you will say next to support this nonsense about GOD dying.

I can't believe ihedinobi would do anything,apply all man made philosophies to prove that God can die and indeed died....

I have to be dreaming............

If God can die and died can he still be called God??
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by CrazyMan(m): 9:50pm On Oct 02, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Is this buzugee?
Yea its him...

Ileke-IdI:
Can you get to the point cuz I have ADHD lol]
Hope you've started treatment. Cos I heard it makes people unsuccessful in life lol.

Ileke-IdI:
SO far, the only argument from you is that Jesus was not sent to die for us, yet Christianity praise his death as a sign of love for humanity.
My dear...I'm only replying your topic. You said why did God have to die for us...if you read my post well, you'll know that

1. I made clear that God didn't die

2. I also made it clear that God didn't send Jesus to die

3. I gave valid bible passages of Jesus true mission on earth.

Ileke-IdI:
Jesus knew that we all existed, yet he and his disciples traveled and only reach a specific few who see themselves superior to other race (including yours). The race "superior" race brought this religion and racism to your society.

Think about it.
Can you defend this claim?

Do you have valid proofs that Jesus was very limited in his mission, and can you sustain a debate that those whom christ reached out to see themselves as superior.

If you can, then be my guest...

I'm waiting...
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by zibe(m): 9:51pm On Oct 02, 2012
I thought Ileke was a Christian? Got that notion when she was mourning Bawomolo and asking God why.
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by CrazyMan(m): 10:00pm On Oct 02, 2012
zibe: I thought Ileke was a Christian? Got that notion when she was mourning Bawomolo and asking God why.
Bawomolo was a good friend...the mention of his name brings back painful memories cry

I also mourned him

https://www.nairaland.com/583297/bawomolo-should-immortalized
cry cry cry

May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace. cry
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 3:09am On Oct 03, 2012
When did Buzugee turn to Christianity?

CrazyMan:
Yea its him...

Hope you've started treatment. Cos I heard it makes people unsuccessful in life lol.

1. I made clear that God didn't die

2. I also made it clear that God didn't send Jesus to die

3. I gave valid bible passages of Jesus true mission on earth.

God sent his only begotten son to "save the world". A lot of Christian have this notion that Jesus "saved the world" by dying, given that Revelation 1:5 attest to the fact that your sins were washed away by the blood of Jesus Christ.

Now, if I remembered clearly according to the Christian philosophy, God already knew what happened, what is happening and what will happen. He knew that Jesus will be prosecuted. He also knew that to save the world, blood will spill. Could that be why God was not too eager to send his son? (i.e Jesus chose to come and save humanity).

Please abeg clear this up for me. . . . why do Christians believe that Jesus/God/and the other guy are one in trinity? Jesus is God, Jesus is the son of God etc etc is really confusing o. When I made this topic, I followed the presumption that Jesus and god were one.
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 3:11am On Oct 03, 2012
CrazyMan:
Can you defend this claim?

Do you have valid proofs that Jesus was very limited in his mission, and can you sustain a debate that those whom christ reached out to see themselves as superior.

If you can, then be my guest...

I'm waiting...

Do you have proof that he wasn't?

You do know that you're indirectly claiming that some of missions were kept hidden from the Bible. Which leads to another question; what other materials is the Bible not telling us about this whole Christianity fiasco?
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 03, 2012
CrazyMan:
Thank you sir for your contribution.

...I've gone through the passage you gave...

In the first chapter (John 12:27)

Now my soul is troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

This was the hour he was referring to...

Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners. 1 Timothy 1:15, "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief."

Jesus Christ came into the world to call sinners to repentance. Mark 2:17, "When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

Jesus Christ came into the world to seek and save the lost. Luke 19:10, "For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost."

Jesus Christ came into the world to be a King and bear witness to the truth. John 18:37, "Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice."

Jesus Christ came into the world to do the Will of His Father. John 6:38, "For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

Jesus Christ came into the world to be a Light in the world. John 12:46, "I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness."

Jesus Christ came into the world that men might have the Abundant Life. John 10:10, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."

I can go on and on...

His mission on earth was not to die. He clearly stated it in those passages, that he came to save the world, to draw the world closer to himself.

Now to your next passage (Hebrews 2:9)

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

If you take a look at (Paul's) this letter, you would notice that christ had already died and risen before that letter was written.

Paul's letter to the hebrews was his own opinion about christ's mission on earth.

The letter was written based on christ lifestyle here on earth, therefore it has nothing to do with why he was on earth because he had already left the earth when the letter was written.

The final passage (Revelation 5:9)

And the sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy too take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou was slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tounge, and people, and nation;

This passage, was a revelation given to John the beloved. And like the letter of paul unto the hebrews, christ had already died and resurrected.

And note...the passage was a revelation, it had nothing to do with christ's mission on earth.

Its very understandable that christ ought to be celebrated by his father (God) in heaven; considering the way he defeated death...I feel that's the reason that vision was given to John.

I would conclude with this as a food for thought for you sir...

Before Jesus died, the blood of animal sacrifices were required to cleanse your sins, the animal was basically a scapegoat taking your place for your sins.

In Exodus 20:13, he made it clear to us, THOU SHALL NOT KILL.

And by that term, I believe he was referring to humans. But he gave us the right to murder animals as payment to him, to pay him for your sins.

Now, according to Christianity you have to ask God for forgiveness for sins in order to be forgiven.

2 chronicles 7:14. If my people who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sins, and I will heal their land.

So now, from this passage, do you think God would contradict his own word?

How does bloodshed help anything? Wouldn't it make more sense if rather than sending his only son to die, God accepted people's sincere apologies for their sins like stated in that passage?

I believe God doesn't lie, and I believe he loves us that's why he sent Jesus to fulfill that passage, by drawing all men to himself.

I shall finish with this...Jesus mission on earth wasn't to die but to reconcile us to God.

Have a nice day sir.

How was He going to reconcile us evil people to the Just God?
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
. . . God was not too eager to send his son? (i.e Jesus chose to come and save humanity).

Where did you get this from, lady?
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 03, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Jesus Christ, Who is God and therefore could not die,

GOD took on human flesh specifically in order that He could suffer death. Death is necessarily weak against Life.

Blasphemy !!!

1 Like

Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 03, 2012
frosbel:

Ok, I hear you. You lack the necessary equipment to comprehend it, you say. That's alright. The Bible says that if any lacks wisdom, they should ask God Who gives generously without finding fault. You should do that, sir.

Blasphemy !!!

About Incarnation,

Moreover, when He (refer to verse 1 for identity) brings the firstborn Son again into the habitable world, He (ditto) says, Let all the angels of God worship Him (refer to vv 8-12 to see why) . . . when He [Christ] entered into the world, He said, Sacrifices and offerings You have not desired, but instead You have made ready a body for Me [to offer] . . . Hebrews 1:6, 10:5 AMP

About baptism and anointing, of course, He was and still is 100% Man so He needed both. It didn't stop Him from being 100% God as well.

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said:

"Sacrifice and offering
you did not desire,
but a body you prepared for me;
with burnt offerings
and sin offerings
you were not pleased.
Then I said, 'Here I am -
it is written about me
in the scroll -
I have come to do your will,
O God.'"

And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Isaiah 9:6, Hebrews 10:5-7, 10 NIV
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 03, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Ok, I hear you. You lack the necessary equipment to comprehend it, you say. That's alright. The Bible says that if any lacks wisdom, they should ask God Who gives generously without finding fault. You should do that, sir.

Ignoramus advising someone to get wisdom grin

Moreover, when He (refer to verse 1 for identity) brings the firstborn Son again into the habitable world, He (ditto) says, Let all the angels of God worship Him (refer to vv 8-12 to see why) . . . when He [Christ] entered into the world, He said, Sacrifices and offerings You have not desired, but instead You have made ready a body for Me [to offer] . . . Hebrews 1:6, 10:5 AMP

I can quote endless prophetic utterances 'by Christ' who did not exist at the time, but all made through the foreknowledge of God.

So he brings the firstborn into the world and suddenly you come to a strange deduction that he must have existed as the second person of a trinity What does first mean to you and what does Born mean ?

If this Son was eternally begotten by the Father but is also God equal to the Father, how did God beget God, arghhhhhhhhh grin

Can you not even grasp the basics of what prophecy is, calling those things that are not , as though they already are. Wow !!

About baptism and anointing, of course, He was and still is 100% Man so He needed both. It didn't stop Him from being 100% God as well.

Yeah right, tell that to the fairies.

If we saw the president granting himself powers that he already had, his medical adviser will be on the phone to the Presidents Psychiatrist.

Make sense for once.

[color=#000099]For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Oh , I just explained that in another post.

Mighty not Almighty, can you tell the difference.

And he will or he shall be called is future tense not present tense , so he is not yet.

But going by your logic if he was God then God did not have this title of Mighty God and everlasting father at the time , no ?

get a grip young man.

Stop following Enigma, he will lead you into a ditch.

3 Likes

Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 03, 2012
frosbel:

Ignoramus advising someone to get wisdom grin

grin It's not like I'm the one claiming inability to comprehend anything, is it? Lol. That's you, I think.

I can quote endless prophetic utterances 'by Christ' who did not exist at the time, but all made through the foreknowledge of God.

So he brings the firstborn into the world and suddenly you come to a strange deduction that he must have existed as the second person of a trinity What does first mean to you and what does Born mean ?

If this Son was eternally begotten by the Father but is also God equal to the Father, how did God beget God, arghhhhhhhhh grin

Can you not even grasp the basics of what prophecy is, calling those things that are not , as though they already are. Wow !!

lol...... I know your brain's overheating. Don't let your head explode. Just ask the Lord for wisdom. I already told you, no?

What's more, I didn't make any deductions. grin

Yeah right, tell that to the fairies.

If we saw the president granting himself powers that he already had, his medical adviser will be on the phone to the Presidents Psychiatrist.

Make sense for once.

Gee, dude, just ask God for wisdom, not me. Whaddya want me to do when you ask me for something God has and wants to personally give to you?

Oh , I just explained that in another post.

Mighty not Almighty, can you tell the difference.

And he will or he shall be called is future tense not present tense , so he is not yet.

But going by your logic if he was God then God did not have this title of Mighty God and everlasting father at the time , no ?

get a grip young man.

Stop following Enigma, he will lead you into a ditch.

Tehehehehehe......bwahahahahahaha

As for Mighty vs Almighty,
Therefore the Lord, the Lord Almighty, the Mighty One of Israel . . . Isaiah 1:24

As for prophecy, sure the Man Jesus of Nazareth didn't exist until the time of the Roman Empire but God the Word Who became Him did.

Yeah I know, you're confused. Why am I not surprised? grin

Enigma is my beloved brother. You wanna be my bro too? Believe on the Lord Jesus and you will become mine too, buddy. smiley
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 03, 2012
[quote author=Ihedinobi]

grin It's not like I'm the one claiming inability to comprehend anything, is it? Lol. That's you, I think.

mate my inability is more capable than your ability, trust me grin

lol...... I know your brain's overheating. Don't let your head explode. Just ask the Lord for wisdom. I already told you, no?

What's more, I didn't make any deductions. grin

Yes my brain is overheating with hard work, you know, using my brain for productive purposes , lol

Tehehehehehe......bwahahahahahaha

As for Mighty vs Almighty,
Therefore the Lord, the Lord Almighty, the Mighty One of Israel . . . Isaiah 1:24

As for prophecy, sure the Man Jesus of Nazareth didn't exist until the time of the Roman Empire but God the Word Who became Him did.

Yeah I know, you're confused. Why am I not surprised? grin

Enigma is my beloved brother. You wanna be my bro too? Believe on the Lord Jesus and you will become mine too, buddy. smiley

Mate you are finished, I cannot debate you anymore , go get a college degree or something.

Bring your beloved Enigma, let him debate with me , he is the only one worthy of my time on the Trinitarian side, though he tends to shy away nowadays and seems stuck on Revelation 22 , the last book of the bible.

Could this be the end of the road for him on this matter. grin
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Enigma(m): 4:05pm On Oct 03, 2012
^^^^ The importance and significance of the fact that the "last book of the Bible" says Jesus IS God is lost upon you, naturally.

You do not realise that it is telling those who are wise that the point of the whole Bible is to say that Jesus IS God.

Well, as "the last book of the Bible" says: Jesus is Alpha and Omega ---- if only you know what that means.

cool
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Oct 03, 2012
@frosbel

What, are you running sacred? Can't come up with new theories?

My bro showed up like you wanted. Your brain hasn't exploded yet, has it, dude?

You really could never never find any cogent arguments to make Jesus less than God however hard you try.
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by CrazyMan(m): 12:49am On Oct 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
God sent his only begotten son to "save the world". A lot of Christian have this notion that Jesus "saved the world" by dying, given that Revelation 1:5 attest to the fact that your sins were washed away by the blood of Jesus Christ.
Do you quote bible passages simply because you want to prove a point, or do take your time to understand what it entails before posting is?

What has Revelation 1:5 got to do with God dying for us?

Ileke-IdI:
Now, if I remembered clearly according to the Christian philosophy, God already knew what happened, what is happening and what will happen. He knew that Jesus will be prosecuted. He also knew that to save the world, blood will spill. Could that be why God was not too eager to send his son? (i.e Jesus chose to come and save humanity).
God sent his son for one reason, and that reason is Love.

Love is why God made us in the beginning, why he blesses us, why he keeps us breathing, why he watches over us so much, why he is always there to pick us up when we fall, why he gives us guidance and strength, and why he wants us with him. We are his children.

Now to your question...the bible made us understand that the world was sinful and doomed, therefore God sent Jesus to reconcile us back to him?

Asking whether God knew that blood would be spill is like questioning God's creation of man. Man ended up in the garden of eden and fell to a deceit which was constructively planned by the devil.

So would you ask that if God is all knowing, shouldn't he have known that the man was doomed right from the day he was placed on earth with the devil?

Think about that...

And take your time to understand why God allows certain things happen before staging an argument.

However, if you decide to maintain you argument about this particular issue, then I would suggest you study your bible. And refrain from staging arguments that aren't biblical.

Ileke-IdI:
Please abeg clear this up for me. . . . why do Christians believe that Jesus/God/and the other guy are one in trinity? Jesus is God, Jesus is the son of God etc etc is really confusing o. When I made this topic, I followed the presumption that Jesus and god were one.
Jesus isn't God. And if you studied your bible as you should have, you wouldn't be asking this question. Cos I'm already beginning to perceive your seeming ignorance.

For starters, read John 17 from verse 1...

However, I would try to explain this much clearer since you desire knowledge of the scriptures...

Jesus and the Father had an eternal relationship before Christ became a man. This relationship is depicted in the Gospels so we can see how the Son of God in His humanity carried out His Father's will, and in doing so, purchased redemption for His children (see John 6:38-40).

Christ’s continual submission to His heavenly Father was empowered and kept focused through His prayer life. Christ’s example of prayer is ours to follow.

Jesus Christ was no less God on earth when praying to His Father in heaven. He was depicting how even in sinless humanity it is necessary to have a vital prayer life in order to do His Father’s will.

Jesus' praying to the Father was a demonstration of His relationship within the Trinity and an example for us that we must rely on God through prayer for the strength and wisdom we need. Since Christ, as the God-man, needed to have a vibrant prayer life, so should the follower of Christ today.

I hope this makes much sense to you.
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by CrazyMan(m): 12:50am On Oct 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Do you have proof that he wasn't?

You do know that you're indirectly claiming that some of missions were kept hidden from the Bible. Which leads to another question; what other materials is the Bible not telling us about this whole Christianity fiasco?
Stop answering my question with a question.

Give me a yes or no...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Millions Are Leaving Islam Every Year / How Do We Handle Sexual Urge In A Godly Relationship? / Are Doctors Challenging God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.