Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Did God Really Die For You? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Really Die For You? (5102 Views)

Did He Really Die? / Did Jesus Christ Really Die On The Cross? / Did Jesus Really Die On A Cross?find Out Now!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Really Die For You? by CrazyMan(m): 1:25am On Oct 04, 2012
Ihedinobi: How was He going to reconcile us evil people to the Just God?
By the death of christ...but don't get me wrong, my argument was based on the topic "why did God have to die"?

God didn't die, neither did he send christ to die. But christ sacrificial death, reconciled us to God.

I hope you understand the angle I'm coming from?
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 3:07am On Oct 04, 2012
buzugee, when did I lose you to this Christianity charade? cry cry cry

Will be back to read your posts when I'm high on coffee.
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 3:26am On Oct 04, 2012
acidosis™:
ILEKE-IDI, MY GREAT SISTER!

[size=15pt] JESUS IS COMING SOON!! !![/size]

PLS PREPARE FOR HIS COMING

coming to succeed president Jonathan?
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 3:29am On Oct 04, 2012
acidosis™:
Hmmm. . .

God loves you so much

wish you could surrender your life to him

what if this so called god is actually an evil alien who loves dummies like you to worship him. Only an arrogant person will demand worship!
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 3:34am On Oct 04, 2012
edcode: Please can someone tell me when Jesus is coming and how he would come? Preachers keep on ranting in the bus that he is coming someday. How would he come? Mystically with angels and some loud trumpeting? Or would he have to be born again via a natural means? You know impregnating some virgin who gives birth to him. Then grows up performing some miracles, declares himself god before taking the believers to heaven? How would he take the believers to heaven? Lets say there are give or take one billion certified believers (Children get a free pass). Teleportation? Spaceship? Shazam (magic)? Answers anyone?

spaceship
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by truthislight: 9:20am On Oct 04, 2012
Enigma:
Well, as "the last book of the Bible" says: Jesus is Alpha and Omega ---- if only you know what that means.

cool
^^^^
but u know this is not true.

Correction.
Yahweh is alpha and omega.
Peace
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by truthislight: 9:27am On Oct 04, 2012
Ihedinobi: @frosbel

What, are you running sacred? Can't come up with new theories?

My bro showed up like you wanted. Your brain hasn't exploded yet, has it, dude?

You really could never never find any cogent arguments to make Jesus less than God however hard you try.

how can someone make this statement when Jesus clearly stated in the bible my father is GREATER than i am.

How did that ^^^ escaped your notice?
My sympathy!!!
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Enigma(m): 9:34am On Oct 04, 2012
truthislight:
^^^^
but u know this is not true.

Correction.
Yahweh is alpha and omega.
Peace

And Jesus also is Alpha and Omega; here is just one example of where the Bible says so clearly. smiley

Revelation 22:12

12 “Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

cool
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 04, 2012
truthislight:

how can someone make this statement when Jesus clearly stated in the bible my father is GREATER than i am.

How did that ^^^ escaped your notice?
My sympathy!!!

What made you think that it escaped my notice, Sir holy spirit?

Like my Big Brother once said, reserve your sympathy for yourself. Don't worry about me. You see, I know Him Whom I have believed.
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 04, 2012
Ihedinobi:

What made you think that it escaped my notice, Sir holy spirit?

Like my Big Brother once said, reserve your sympathy for yourself. Don't worry about me. You see, I know Him Whom I have believed.

Big brother will lead you into a ditch, you were warned grin
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by truthislight: 10:15am On Oct 04, 2012
Enigma:

And Jesus also is Alpha and Omega; here is just one example of where the Bible says so clearly. smiley

Revelation 22:12

cool

Did that Revelation mention the name of Jesus as the alpha and Omega or you are forcing it on the scripture?

This is Revelation 22 we are talking about you know?

Jesus had already come in chapter 19, and executed judgement.

In chapter 20:1-3 he imprison satan.

same revelation 20:4-6, he resurrected the holy ones which is the reward that he Jesus promise he was coming back for,
to give reward to them, to take them to where he was.

Infact read revelation chapters 19 and 20.

Jesus havent finished with his promises of taking/bringing the righteous back to life in revelation 20, it is not him again in Revelation 22:12.

In Revelation 21:1-4 we hear of Yahweh's throne coming down from heaven to be with man like he was with Adam.

After the 1000 yrs rulership of christ he hands over the kingdom to Yahweh.

Chapters 21 and 22 is after Jesus had played his part and 've rule for the 1000.

ARE YOU SAYING THAT CHRIST IS COMING TWO TIMES?
After coming in chapter 19 and 20 of Revelation?

WOW!

1 Like

Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Enigma(m): 10:23am On Oct 04, 2012
truthislight:

Did that Revelation mention the name of Jesus as the alpha and Omega
or you are forcing it on the scripture? . . . .,

Yes it very much did; you know that I have quoted a longer version from revelation 22 before and I will quote it below for you again.

Before then, going back to the verse 12 above, who is it that is coming with His reward ----- is it God the father or is it Jesus Christ? Remember that the person coming with His reward is the one referred to as Alpha and Omega. smiley

Revelation 22

6 The angel said to me, "These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place."

12 “Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

14 “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

cool
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 04, 2012
Enigma:

Yes it very much did; you know that I have quoted a longer version from revelation 22 before and i will quote it below for you again.

Before then, going back to the verse 12 above, who is it that is coming with His reward ----- is it God the father or is it Jesus Christ? Remember that the person coming with His reward is the one referred to as Alpha and Omega. smiley

Revelation 22

cool

But you omitted the beginning of this chapter when it was clearly stated that an angel of Yahweh was sent to John.

The angel said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God who inspires the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place.”

then in v7 he continues

Look, I am coming soon! Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy written in this scroll.”

Then it concludes in v12

Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Then v16 starts with Jesus Christ himself now speaking, before that from v1 to 12 it was GOD. Surely this is plain, no.

Also Jesus is referred to as the offspring of David, I never knew Yahweh was an offspring of David , calm down and think for a moment.

16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you[a] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

Twist and turn you are only confusing yourself and going on a merry go round that has no chance of stopping as long as you stubbornly hold on to your catholic falsehoods.
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by ijawkid(m): 12:09pm On Oct 04, 2012
frosbel:

But you omitted the beginning of this chapter when it was clearly stated that an angel of Yahweh was sent to John.

The angel said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God who inspires the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place.”

then in v7 he continues

Look, I am coming soon! Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy written in this scroll.”

Then it concludes in v12

Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Then v16 starts with Jesus Christ himself now speaking, before that from v1 to 12 it was GOD. Surely this is plain, no.

Also Jesus is referred to as the offspring of David, I never knew Yahweh was an offspring of David , calm down and think for a moment.

16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you[a] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

Twist and turn you are only confusing yourself and going on a merry go round that has no chance of stopping as long as you stubbornly hold on to your catholic falsehoods.

I'm still wondering when the almighty(Yahweh) turned into a morning star.........

Trinitarians are just obstinate....

Let them keep deluding themselves.....

Any1 who's sincere will discard this dogma and stick to Jesus's teachings.....

""Hear this O isreal....Yahweh our God is 1 Yahweh"".....

I'll keep quoting this verse till more trinitarians leave the trinity dogma and learn to worship the only true God Jesus worshipped.....

1 Like

Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 04, 2012
frosbel:

Big brother will lead you into a ditch, you were warned grin

You mean this Guy?

. . . Jesus turning to them said, ". . . do not weep for me . . ."

I go with Him everywhere He goes. I certainly have no worries about Him leading me into a ditch. smiley
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by truthislight: 2:57pm On Oct 04, 2012
Enigma:

Yes it very much did; you know that I have quoted a longer version from revelation 22 before and I will quote it below for you again.

Revelation 22

cool

that means you only see what you wish/wants to see.

I believe that other readers have been help to arrived at a rational conclussion about how the book of revelation that trinitarians have removed the name of Yahweh is written and who chapter 22:12 is refering to. Yaweh

the book of Revelation gives answers and agrees with all other books of the bible, eg. 1corinthians 15.
Your choice men.
Isaiah 5:20.
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 04, 2012
Ihedinobi:

You mean this Guy?

. . . Jesus turning to them said, ". . . do not weep for me . . ."

I go with Him everywhere He goes. I certainly have no worries about Him leading me into a ditch. smiley

Good.

But do try to form your opinions, it's a sign of maturity and shows an independent mind not reliant on others to make decisions.
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 04, 2012
frosbel:

Good.

But do try to form your opinions, it's a sign of maturity and shows an independent mind not reliant on others to make decisions.

Coming from you, that's golden, Frosbel. Can you count how many times you have rendered an opinion of your own? Would you have pursued this craze of yours about the Trinity this far without your JW henchmen?

Then again, remembering how you kept complaining that I was using human wisdom when we first engaged each other, it's obvious that you are more confused than you know.

Everything that I know of Christ is hard-won. I wasn't taught by any man. I paid dearly to come into every bit of knowledge of Him that I was given. I have pressed and I keep on pressing. When I extol my brothers' learning it is because I recognize the same Hand that led me.

Frosbel, go and get your own family and stop being jealous of mine.
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by truthislight: 4:43pm On Oct 04, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Everything that I know of Christ is hard-won. I wasn't taught by any man. I paid dearly to come into every bit of knowledge of Him that I was given. I have pressed and I keep on pressing.

keep on pressing without fear of men or peer pressures or selfish intent.
Peace.
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 04, 2012
truthislight:

that means you only see what you wish/wants to see.

I believe that other readers have been help to arrived at a rational conclussion about how the book of revelation that trinitarians have removed the name of Yahweh is written and who chapter 22:12 is refering to. Yaweh

the book of Revelation gives answers and agrees with all other books of the bible, eg. 1corinthians 15.
Your choice men.
Isaiah 5:20.

You really are stuck on 1 Corinthians 15:24, 28, aren't you?

The entire chapter speaks of Jesus's Mission to the Earth. He is the Redeemer, the Buyer-back of all lost things for God. His Death was the Payment for all that was caught in the sentence of death. His Resurrection was their new lease of Life.

Between His ascension and subsequent scattering of His Life on earth and His Return to Judge all things, He is actively reclaiming all territory that was lost to corruption via Adam's disobedience. He is doing so as Man, God's Envoy. When He has taken the Message of Peace to every corner of the earth and separated those who receive the Message from those who don't then He will judge.

The purpose of judgment is to clean out, to purge evil. When He has done that, He will present to His Father a spotless new Creation. Again, He's doing all that as Man. He is Son because He is a human being born out of God. This does not preclude in any way His Godhood.

The Gospel is that Man lost the estate committed to him by God and had no strength to gain it back. Justice demands that he who loses must himself answer for the thing that he has lost. As it is, God is both utterly merciful and utterly just. His Justice must be satisfied but cannot be at the expense of Mercy nor can Mercy be satisfied at the expense of His Justice. His Mercy prompted Him to put on humanity to pay the same debt that humanity owed. Thus, Jesus was the Word born as a human being, 100% human, in order that He could satisfy the Justice of God.

Like I said before, the Gospel in short is that God became Man to answer for Man's responsibility.
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 04, 2012
truthislight:

keep on pressing without fear of men or peer pressures or selfish intent.
Peace.

When you yourself have known the Truth then speak to me. Until then, do not deign to advise or encourage me. I do not know you.
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 04, 2012
[quote author=Ihedinobi]

Coming from you, that's golden, Frosbel. Can you count how many times you have rendered an opinion of your own? Would you have pursued this craze of yours about the Trinity this far without your JW henchmen?

Mate, I articulated my points very carefully , succinctly , concisely and directly , to the total disassemblement of the gibberish called the Trinity. It's source has been revealed, the layers of lies exposed and the myth destroyed.

The Trinity has no bearing on the salvation of anyone, none at all.

Then again, remembering how you kept complaining that I was using human wisdom when we first engaged each other, it's obvious that you are more confused than you know.

Human reasoning is all well and good, but when you are writing an essay about Christ , pages long without one quote of scripture it sounds more like buddhism or new age philosophy that the actual truth.

If I remember, someone called you out on this recently.

Everything that I know of Christ is hard-won. I wasn't taught by any man. I paid dearly to come into every bit of knowledge of Him that I was given. I have pressed and I keep on pressing. When I extol my brothers' learning it is because I recognize the same Hand that led me.

Pressing in the wrong direction is not progress.

Frosbel, go and get your own family and stop being jealous of mine.

grin grin grin
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 04, 2012
^^^ hopeless frosbel.
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Enigma(m): 8:04pm On Oct 04, 2012
Well, for the benefit of those who may read this thread at one time or other, let me state firstly that the words that I have quoted from Revelation 22 are the words of Jesus Himself. I provide the relevant quotations again and also I link to a couple of sites of Bibles with Jesus' words in red. In any event, any intelligent person can read Revelation 22 and determine for themselves who is speaking these words. smiley

22:12 And, behold, I come quickly;
and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have
right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers,
and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches.
I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

For cross reference http://www.togetherweteach.com/TCB/New/27Revelation/27reve22.htm

and http://www.ccel.org/bible/phillips/CP27RevelationRed2.htm

cool
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 04, 2012
Enigma: Well, for the benefit of those who may read this thread at one time or other, let me state firstly that the words that I have quoted from Revelation 22 are the words of Jesus Himself. I provide the relevant quotations again and also I link to a couple of sites of Bibles with Jesus' words in red. In any event, any intelligent person can read Revelation 22 and determine for themselves who is speaking these words. smiley

For cross reference http://www.togetherweteach.com/TCB/New/27Revelation/27reve22.htm

and http://www.ccel.org/bible/phillips/CP27RevelationRed2.htm

cool

Wrong.

Jesus speaks in v16 , not before.

Prior to v16 we have the angel of the Lord speaking on behalf of GOD.

6 The angel said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God who inspires the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place.”

In v16 we hear Jesus say :

Tell me since when did Yahweh become the morning star or root offspring of David.

You really are muddling things up.

Also , this favourite verse of yours that you are hanging onto for your dear life, does not in any unambiguous or certain terms suggest , talk less of confirm, that there is a 3 god God.

At best we have a duo here not a trio grin

You guys should just lay pride aside and read your bibles.

1 Like

Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Mary4life1(f): 10:04pm On Oct 04, 2012
I really pity all those that dont believe in my father and love-JESUS.pls my fellow christians,stand up and defend your faith
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by TheOP1(m): 12:07pm On Oct 06, 2012
Can any christian answer this questions please?

1. Can Yahwah die?
2. Did jesus die?
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by tevinsolt: 2:37pm On Oct 06, 2012
But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons. Jesus went to sheol (world of the dead)to preach.....so the grace goes both ways before Jesus and after Jesus
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by tevinsolt: 2:39pm On Oct 06, 2012
The OP: Can any christian answer this questions please?

1. Can Yahwah die?
2. Did jesus die?

what part of the hypostatic union don't you get?
now answer this
can spirit die?
can the body die?
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 06, 2012
tevinsolt:

what part of the hypostatic union don't you get?
now answer this
can spirit die?
can the body die?

When Jesus died , and if he is GOD, does that mean God became 3/4 of a Person.

Also where did the GOD part of Jesus go and why did this GOD part not raise Jesus from the dead.

Why did God the father have to do it ?

SMH
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by cyrexx: 7:03am On Oct 08, 2012
Mary 4 life: I really pity all those that dont believe in my father and love-JESUS.pls my fellow christians,stand up and defend your faith

why do humans have to defend faith?

Cant you pray to God to make people see this "truth"?

That should be easy for a God who wants everybody to believe him. Otherwise, he is just a human invention that needs to be defended by the same humans.

2 Likes

Re: Did God Really Die For You? by TheOP1(m): 1:42am On Oct 09, 2012
@cyrexx

Exactly my thoughts. There are billoins of people on earth who do not believe in God let alone Follow the "True Religion" but are none the less Intelligent enough to see the truth If any.

Why Does God have to be a mystery , why does he want us to believe in him.

Why cant we know him like many other Universal truths Like the earth revolves round the sun?

Why cant it be common knowledge instead of a mystery?

Does he really want evryone to believe in him?
Why doesnt he minister to us all by hi,self instead of sending Men some of whom are liers?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Truthmans2012, Annunaki2 Or Parisbookaddict, Who Is The True Christian? / How Do We Handle Sexual Urge In A Godly Relationship? / Millions Are Leaving Islam Every Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.