Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants (11439 Views)

Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! / Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants / FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by onatisi(m): 10:27am On Sep 26, 2012
otokx: The same old people that ruined Nigeria is the same people that are here again and its our money they will take as loans to bury most of these companies that are on life support systems.
another sensible nigerian talking.it is good to seenigerians are finally putting on their thinking cap
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by onatisi(m): 10:33am On Sep 26, 2012
leyom234:

No mind them. They dont know Nnaji's name would have been mentioned as one of the prospective buyers if not that there are too many bigger boys than he is.
point of correction not bigger boyz but BIGGER THEIVES HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH,infact i am enjoying the game ,pdp i will fcontinue voting for that party
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by dhappyking(m): 12:08pm On Sep 26, 2012
I don't usually like commenting on issues without adequate information. However, the moment Prof. Nnaji left the scene, I felt uncomfortable.
Why? you may ask. Because as someone said, if something is working,DON'T fix it. Things had started to improve with the Prof's road map. Suddenly stories came up.We were informed that there was complicity. Now we are told his company is owing and cannot borrow from Nigerian banks again.Will those companies still qualify or be disqualified?
I am waiting for the remaining results to see which companies will get the slots.In the mean time, I can not help but wonder why things change for the worse just when we think we are finally getting there in this country. Any ideas,my people?
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by onatisi(m): 12:23pm On Sep 26, 2012
dhappyking: I don't usually like commenting on issues without adequate information. However, the moment Prof. Nnaji left the scene, I felt uncomfortable.
Why? you may ask. Because as someone said, if something is working,DON'T fix it. Things had started to improve with the Prof's road map. Suddenly stories came up.We were informed that there was complicity. Now we are told his company is owing and cannot borrow from Nigerian banks again.Will those companies still qualify or be disqualified?
I am waiting for the remaining results to see which companies will get the slots.In the mean time, I can not help but wonder why things change for the worse just when we think we are finally getting there in this country. Any ideas,my people?
the answer to ur question is all in femi kutis song "wonder wonder"the answer is all there.forget all these politicians it is the same game play,nothing changes.but instead of giving urself hypertension just relax and watch how they will play their wayo game and laugh it off.
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by leyom234: 12:28pm On Sep 26, 2012
onatisi:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
finally and at last somebody is thinking out of the box,i have said it i wont argue with anyone on this issue.maybe after 800 years majority of nigerians will start thinking sensibly like this writer but for now ,I JUST DEY LAFFFFFFFFUUUU OOOOOOOO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Well am an insider who understands government's plans write from onset. Let them just pay us our money or they should forget. By the time they pay us, we will be able to fuel generator but the common Nigerians who want privatisation will 'walk alone'.
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by leyom234: 12:59pm On Sep 26, 2012
agabaI23: It will finally come to ' if you don't like company X you can switch to company Y irrespective of your location because it is obtainable in many countries presently. We will get there. Remember transmission is still government owned.

Its high time Nigerians understood that there is difference in commodity. As far as telecom is concerned, people were given license to operate something that moves freely in the air. Here, we are talking about something that moves through cables. The thing is that government monoploy now becomes private monopoly. In this context, Nigerians dont have the opportunity to choose. Two companies cannot buy one distribution company. If i buy Ikeja distribution company, am responsible to distribute light to customers in Epe down to the whole of Ikorodu, Ketu, Maryland, Palmgrove, Agege, Akowonjo etc because those places are under Ikeja distribution Company (Head Office at Alausa). So, there is still Monopoly and if not, worst case of monoploy.
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by onatisi(m): 1:00pm On Sep 26, 2012
leyom234:

Well am an insider who understands government's plans write from onset. Let them just pay us our money or they should forget. By the time they pay us, we will be able to fuel generator but the common Nigerians who want privatisation will 'walk alone'.
my guy ,ppl dont understand these so called politicians and i still marvel at the way some or should i say many nigerians belive them and swallow their stories.well just like wole soyinka said IT WILL TAKE GENERATIONS AND NOT EVEN CENTURIES FOR WHAT HAS BEEN DESTROYED TO BE REPAIRED .and from ppls comments here changing nigerians mentality and tuning it to see thru politicians tricks should take another 200years .i dey lafffffffoooooooooo,
but dont worry they will pay ur money ,just settle ur way thru and collect the rest
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 26, 2012
Another naijas season of "long knives" about to end.

Up NEPA..sorry i mean PHCN!
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by luluosas(m): 1:30pm On Sep 26, 2012
Making the announcement at a ceremony in Abuja, the BPE revealed that a consortium, which includes Transcorp, was the highest bidder for the Ughelli Power company, offering $300 million
You mean the same Transcorp of the infamous M-Tel debacle?
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by onatisi(m): 1:32pm On Sep 26, 2012
luluosas:
You mean the same Transcorp of the infamous M-Tel debacle?
hahahahahahahahahah i dey roll ooooo.my guy forget company na company
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by luluosas(m): 1:40pm On Sep 26, 2012
onatisi:
hahahahahahahahahah i dey roll ooooo.my guy forget company na company
My brother, the thing dey tire me for this our obodo Nigeria.
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by leyom234: 3:02pm On Sep 26, 2012
luluosas:

But na unna want privatisation now!!! Well, here it comes!!! Immagine, North-South Power Company Ltd, which is linked to IBB, I mean the same Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida, someone who invested nothing into electricity in his 8 years of ruling Nigeria won the financial bid to buy Shiroro Hydro Power Plant. That man that brought corruption into this Country to tear our economy apart is coming to use the money he stole from us to buy our property again. We knew this all along and we tried to make it clear to Nigerians but Nigerians said 'NO', they wanted privatisation. Unna well done ooo.
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by landinfo: 3:05pm On Sep 26, 2012
The thing is dat wi are all helpless so d best wi can do as ALWAYZ is rant on d net/tv/radio ...datz is wat wi nigerianz r good @
hehehe,lol
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by jpphilips(m): 3:33pm On Sep 26, 2012
centje: trust me.with the way this process is goin we will end up paying tru our noses. This wont stir up competition that will moderate the electricity rate. Jst see how these same set of tycoons messed up our oil sector,tell me why they wont do the same to power.

you have time for Billy the F00l, Geometrics power with two power plants in the country is not ''technically'' qualified but an otedola and Nest oil that knows absolutely nothing on power is ok.

What a mess we call a country, i have always known that JOBOY is Nestoil, ernest is just a front.

Make no mistakes, these indigenious companies were the people that reduced the oil and gas industry to nothing.

nestoil has acquired SPDC assets in the west, go and see the mess he is making there. He fielded foreign technical partners and so what?

Billy d F00l thinks the money will be invested here, i dey laugh.
Did anyone see the MOU signed by these indigenous firms with their TP to be sure the money is here?

I dey laugh!!
What Nigeria needs is competence and efficiency at affordable rates.
Not man know man.

imagine Nest oil comming ahead of General electric? I dey laugh

talking about being politically correct, i dey laugh!!

nigerians will never learn...
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by onatisi(m): 3:47pm On Sep 26, 2012
luluosas:
my guy if u argue with ppl on this site ,they will insult and abuse u but yet they know nothing about nigerian politics and nigerian politicians.so the best u can do is just relax and read their comments.the way some ppl comment on issues here it can get u angry to the point of hypertension of even smashing ur lappi if u dont take care.since they believe in this so called preffered bidders,cool just relax and watch and read their comments for enjoyment.

1 Like

Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by onatisi(m): 4:01pm On Sep 26, 2012
leyom234:

But na unna want privatisation now!!! Well, here it comes!!! Immagine, North-South Power Company Ltd, which is linked to IBB, I mean the same Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida, someone who invested nothing into electricity in his 8 years of ruling Nigeria won the financial bid to buy Shiroro Hydro Power Plant. That man that brought corruption into this Country to tear our economy apart is coming to use the money he stole from us to buy our property again. We knew this all along and we tried to make it clear to Nigerians but Nigerians said 'NO', they wanted privatisation. Unna well done ooo.
anyone believing that these so called bidders will invest their stolen billions into our power sector is surely living in fools paradise.as long as fuel importation continues there will never be ADEQUATE power supply.
what ppl dont know is that there is nothing special about nigeria problems ,we are not ghosts or spirits.but ppl need to know that the continued and continious exploitation and rape of nigeria and her resources is what guarrantes these so called bidders,politicians and our rulers power and money.the moment nigeria improves and get back on full track of development they are out.that is why they will never never allow nigeria to move forward this is irrespective of any party.both opposition are ruling they are all the same.
i dont know how any sane reasonable person will defend the inclusion of otedola in this bidding.someone whose company was rcently banned from collecting loan and aperson of questionable character.nigeria is a gold mine of investment for good serious investors we should ask ourselves why are they running away from us
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by taharqa: 4:16pm On Sep 26, 2012
leyom234:

So you are a PHCN staff? No wonda. Piece of Advice: go and start clearing yr desks now oh cos the best you can do is wot you are doing now wit d help of yr frnd- run yr mouth freely on d internet. But you guys are leaving there at least the way it is now
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by onatisi(m): 4:46pm On Sep 26, 2012
taharqa: So you are a PHCN staff? No wonda. Piece of Advice: go and start clearing yr desks now oh cos the best you can do is wot you are doing now wit d help of yr frnd- run yr mouth freely on d internet. But you guys are leaving there at least the way it is now
dont worry ,u will soon learn and understand the story.more generators,another fuel hike plus 5000 new notes to top it up.dont worry it is all a matter of time
no hard feelings ,just pure nigerian political facts. hahahahahahahahahahaa
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by leyom234: 5:16pm On Sep 26, 2012
onatisi:
dont worry ,u will soon learn and understand the story.more generators,another fuel hike plus 5000 new notes to top it up.dont worry it is all a matter of time
no hard feelings ,just pure nigerian political facts. hahahahahahahahahahaa

The way you talk shows that you are one of the people feeding on economic sabotage. Babangida, your uncle, did he ever invest in NEPA throughout his 8 years as the head of this Country? Now his company was deemed technically qualified to own a whole power generaiton station, not even a generator selling company. Aown omo ako tile ta radarada. They shouldnt pay PHCN staff now!!! Lets see may be it is soldiers that will give you supply. oh you think this is NITEL or Delta steel Company.
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by onatisi(m): 7:22pm On Sep 26, 2012
leyom234:

The way you talk shows that you are one of the people feeding on economic sabotage. Babangida, your uncle, did he ever invest in NEPA throughout his 8 years as the head of this Country? Now his company was deemed technically qualified to own a whole power generaiton station, not even a generator selling company. Aown omo ako tile ta radarada. They shouldnt pay PHCN staff now!!! Lets see may be it is soldiers that will give you supply. oh you think this is NITEL or Delta steel Company.
why the attack on my person.well like i said earlier ur eyes will soon open
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by luluosas(m): 11:35pm On Sep 26, 2012
onatisi:
my guy if u argue with ppl on this site ,they will insult and abuse u but yet they know nothing about nigerian politics and nigerian politicians.so the best u can do is just relax and read their comments.the way some ppl comment on issues here it can get u angry to the point of hypertension of even smashing ur lappi if u dont take care.since they believe in this so called preffered bidders,cool just relax and watch and read their comments for enjoyment.
You are very correct. Sometimes, I weep for my country Nigeria, seeing salient comments being strangled by buffoons here on Nairaland. Oh Nigeria, who do you?
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by mekoyo(m): 10:45am On Oct 05, 2012
Nigeria my Nigeria............. I believe there is HOPE!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC’s Historic Swindle, By Sonala Olumhense / Ibadan Explosion: Malian Miner Denies Ownership Of Building, Urges Investigation / Daily Independent Retracts Pantami Terrorist Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.