Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity (8340 Views)

Fulani Herdmen: David Mark Begs Buhari To Wade In As Over 300 Are Killed / Senate Presidency: David Mark Begs APC, Party Chieftains Says No Way As Saraki / Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by bknight: 8:47pm On Sep 27, 2012
When u're done begging, bk boys will be awaiting ur historic arrival

A statesman goes begging...he shld reminded dat in international politicss, there's no assistance without individual gains to d country offering d assistance.
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by Benito69(m): 9:06pm On Sep 27, 2012
This is code word for, PLEASE COME AND COLONIZE US AGAIN!!!! PLEASEEEEEE!!!
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by Msauza(m): 9:18pm On Sep 27, 2012
justwise:

How much does Nigerian leaders love and care for you? Since we got independent what has changed?

Nigeria got her independent in 1960 and South Africa 1994..can you compare both even with Nigerian natural resources?

I can't stand hypocrites like you, blaming everybody else for our problems apart from our thieving politicians.

Nigeria is not the only country colonized in Africa, Ghana, South Africa, Egypt and many others were all colonized but why are we struggling?

Point of correction chief. South Africa got her independence before Nigeria on the 31st May of 1960. The year 1994 marks SA's first democratic elections where black and whites were equally enfranchised and not independence day. Apartheid was abolished around 1986 and Nelson Mandela was released in Prison on the 11th Feb 1990. Black SA gained their freedom immediately after ANC came into power on the 27th Apr of 1994 when Madiba became the first democratically elected president of RSA. Get your facts right Mr and next time do not write of anything unless you have done thorough research about the subject.
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by Hoodrat(m): 9:18pm On Sep 27, 2012
Devilish government? Nigeria government who always try to fix things from the top to the ground but the way to solve it is from the ground upward. Average nigerian recieve no benefit from the oil/petroleum we boast of, no youth unemployment benefit,no social benefit,no welfare even if is token 5000 naira monthly unemployment benefit for the youth the crime we experience today will reduce. We have Government that encourage free looting for all to the extent nothing left for the future generation to inherit the only thing available to inherit is crime and corruption . Nigerians youth wallow in poverty and have to fend for themselves in anyway available our government sold us out, crime is high as the ceiling no motivation for the youth nothing to be proud of.Oh yes they want to tackle crime yet ignored the social welfare of Nigerian youth lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by cap28: 9:19pm On Sep 27, 2012
Rossikk: This man has no shame. Either he's blind or he's just brain-dead. Has he not read the revelation by ex British colonial officer Harold Smith, to the effect that Britain RIGGED Nigeria's independence elections to install northern hegemony on the country? And also RIGGED the national census to create false northern population advantage? Atrocities from which we're yet to recover today? What and what did the British build in Nigeria in their 70 years in power here? Was illiteracy NOT AT 93% at the time they left? Did they build a single university in those 70 years? Did we have any roads? What infrastructure did they construct apart from the wretched railway meant to evacuate our resources abroad for their embezzlement?

So why is Mark today asking Britain to ''help Nigeria'' do ANYTHING?

In fact some of these so-called leaders are just DUNCES.

If at this point it is still not clear to people like Mark that Britain and co HAVE ZERO INTENTION OF ''HELPING'' Nigeria be anything but a weak, dependent, client state, then nothing can cure them of their cursed foolishness.

Now tell me something: WHAT ''existing bond'' is Mark talking about? Somebody attacks and seizes your territory, and loots your resources for 70 years, RIGS your independence elections before disappearing into the night, and you say you have an ''existing bond'' with that person whereby such a person ''must be interested in the propagation and sustenance of democracy in Nigeria''.

I mean, is an ARMED ROBBER ever interested in propagating anything good for his victims??

So why would Britain be interested in anything good coming to Nigeria??

Rossikk they dont care - that's the bottom line - they are just front men for the real power brokers do you seriously think britain was ready to give up such a wealthy possession as nigeria?

The real power brokers who run the show are britain and america, independence was just a trick used to confuse unsuspecting nigerians that they now had control over their own destiny, why do you think the british armed and funded the north against the east during the nigeria/biafra civil war.

Why would an imperialist agent like David Mark bite the fingers of the hand that has made it possible for him to be where he is today? Stop seeing the nigerian ruling classes as ignorant buffoons who do not know what they are doing - David Mark knows very well what he is doing - of course he has to call on his collaborators to intervene militarily because he is acting in accordance with a script.

a nigerian political analyst sets out very succinctly nigeria's subservience to the west here:

Nigerian Economy: Rising debt, IMF Once again, Collapsing Infrastructure as fat Cats get fatter

Written by Ola Kazeem

In 2005, during the tenure of Obasanjo with Okonjo Iweala as Finance minister, Nigeria paid a whopping sum of 12 Billion dollars to buy back 18 Billion dollars debt owed Paris club. This prepared the ground for Nigeria to completely pay off its debt by April 2006 and made her first African country to fully pay off its debt (estimated at $30 billion) owed to the Paris Club. This “exit” from debt trap was celebrated both nationally and internationally; the celebration alone was estimated to gulp 2.4Billion Naira.

This further confirmed the subservience nature of Nigerian ruling elites to their foreign masters in the west. This 12Billion Dollars would have gone a long way in solving many infrastructural challenges, the health, education and power would have positively benefitted immensely from this windfall, but those become completely unimportant when the interest of Nigerian ruling class or their masters are involved. Despite the fact that, over 35Billion dollars already paid in interest and the destination of this debt cannot be rationally traced, yet it was still the priority of thieving gangsters to dole out such a huge amount, under a dubious buy back deal.

Something similar happened in Argentina on September 2, 2008; President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner of Argentina announced plans to pay off the entirety of debt owed to the Paris Club, which amounted to roughly $6.7 billion. Political pressures ensued and though the government officially insisted on its intention to repay,[3] government officials eventually stated that this is unlikely until global credit conditions improve, in spite of the fact that Argentina is richer than Nigeria. Regime of Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner became so unpopular and even up till now it has not emerged from this infamous attempt; but in Nigeria, this mad wastage was greeted with drumming and dancing.

A naïve observer would have thought that for Nigerian ruling class to have rejoiced over exiting debt burden means never again will they enter it again. That they have forever learnt their lessions, but can an irresponsible, unproductive and useless ruling elites live without debt? In less than 5 years, the debt portfolio has climbed and surpassed the 2005 figures. Nigeria now owes $37Billion. The World Bank/IMF, just as it did in 2005, has once again stationed its representative in person of Okonjo Iweala; at least to oversee its interest and ensure that its policies are followed to the latter. Despite favourable oil price in the international market which means more money for Nigeria, the debt continues to rise uncontrollably. The main difference between now and 2005, is the composition of this debt figure. Just $5 Billion is foreign; the remaining is debt owed their local friends and contractors. The immediate response of Okonjo Iweala after her swearing in was that there is no cause for alarm; that the present debt is just 19% of GDP, which falls short of 40% boundary recommended by World Bank. From her response, it means we have just begun the part two into the jungle of unending debt. As at present, N542bn is earmarked for debt servicing in 2011 budget alone. This amount is more than the total allocation for education and health combined. Okonjo Iweala personally benefitted from the 2005 deal because her Consultancy outfit actually brokered the deal and the consultancy fee alone is enough to encourage her to do it over and over again.

The main thrust of IMF/WORLD BANK policy for Nigeria, like other less developed countries is to devalue the currency. Nigerian ruling class, a complete slave to foreign interest is always ready to carry through any policy irrespective of its own local narrow interest. With a devalued Naira, the local debt becomes cheaper and inflation becomes galloping. Devalued Naira will make foreign component of the debt to be more valued and at the same time cheapen the local component. There might be a determined resistance from local bourgeoisie against this move, but as always, in the final analysis, the interest of International capital prevails.

This revealed more glaringly why inflation presently at 12.5% will likely shot up the more. Why Goodluck Jonathan Government will continue to deceive the Nigerian workers as regards minimum wages; even if eventually paid, devaluation will make mess of it. This regime like previous regimes is only capable of bringing succour to foreign interest and local cronies and at the same time increase pain and agony for Nigerian masses. Nigerian ruling class is absolutely dependent on foreign interest, this was also revealed by wikileaks: how US Government mobilized support for Jonathan and sent their illustrious daughters(Okonjo Iweala) to directly oversee their collective interest.

As long as Nigerian ruling class remain in power, more agony and frustration will continue unabated for Nigerian masses, just as foreign capital and local bourgeoisies benefit more and more from our pains. The only available alternative to a better Nigeria is booting out this thieving ruling elites, establishing the Government of the working people; for working people and in the interest ordinary Nigerians.

http://www.workersalternative.com/economy/110-nigerian-economy-rising-debt-imf-once-again-collapsing-infrastructure-as-fat-cat-get-fatter
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 27, 2012
ngozi will kill us once and for all.jonah why cant u use ur head for once,it was put there for a reason
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by redsun(m): 9:33pm On Sep 27, 2012
David mark is a zombie,a mere soldier.The fact that he is one the main "cashcows" of democrazy in nigeria will see him stop at nothing to maintain the tempo of madness in nigeria,so that criminals like him will escape justice.
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by cap28: 9:45pm On Sep 27, 2012
dasparrow:

You see now. I hope all Nigerians and Africans get to read this. I am just speechless because I am pained. My generation and future generations suffered and will continue to suffer because of what this evil British heifers did. Our leaders continue to kiss the azz of the Americans and British. You have Nigerians that will go as far as defend these westerners with their last breath yet will never defend their own country or citizens. My soul weeps. Look at where we are now. We have many young Nigerians looking to flee to the western world daily where we get mocked, insulted, looked down upon, ridiculed, discriminated against and striped off our dignity when we could have had a great nation where our people will feel happy and fulfilled and would never want to migrate abroad permanently.

I will keep praying for Nigeria and Africa as a whole. We must rise again but that can only happen if Nigerians have a change in mindset and stop carrying about with them this unnecessary feeling of inferiority complex. Once we become great again, other nations will respect us and stop treating us like trash. When the western and Arab world begins to see that we are not interested in their visas anymore, they will be the ones crawling on all fours begging to give us visas. It shall be well with us Nigerians.

I hear you bro -here is some Information about how the british govt rigged the 1959 elections before independence:

A BBC radio documentary on the events leading up to the independence of Nigeria, Britain’s former colony, charged the British government with interference in the election to ensure the result was in line with its interests (see “Rigging Nigeria”).
The programme cited two files held in the British National archives covering the period leading up to independence in 1960 that to this day remain closed to the public and will remain closed for another 50 years.
One file contains material relating to the governor general at the time of independence, Sir James Robertson, and the other material on Dr Azikiwe, known as Zik, who was leader of the nationalist pro-independence political party, the National Council of Nigerian Citizens (NCNC).
Mike Thomson, the investigator on the programme, spoke to Harold Smith who had gone out to work as a British Colonial Officer in the 1950s after graduating from Oxford University. Smith was based in the then capital, Lagos, working in the ministry of Labour, then headed by Festus Okotie-Eboh, a flamboyant politician who was treasurer of the NCNC. The NCNC was based in the Eastern Region of Nigeria. Under colonial rule the country was divided up into three regions, North, East and West.
One day Smith was given a secret file containing a minute that ordered him to get involved in regional elections taking place in the late 1950s in the run up to independence. He was to make vehicles, staff and other resources available to the NCNC colleagues of Okotie-Eboh who was standing in the elections. Smith was shocked at the request. He explained that the election had to be fixed because the plan was that the Northern region would hold power on independence.
Thomson asks, “Could an allegation of British government involvement to rig an election or at the least to favour a particular party be substantiated?”
He interviewed Professor David Anderson, Director of the African Studies Centre at Oxford University. Asked if such manipulation of an election result could have happened Professor Anderson replied: “In almost every single colony the British attempted to manipulate the result to their advantage.... I would be surprised if they had not done so.”

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2007/aug2007/nige-a09.shtml
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by GARRIWARLORD(m): 9:51pm On Sep 27, 2012
Pheww!! Where should i start from? Should i complain as usual,or should i wish our f..oolish leaders parkinson's disease abi na samson's virus.. Inshort Am tired....
The situation in the country is making our youths go mad..just the other day, our broda wanted to trek from lagos to maiduguri.....haba. The leaders are also going mad.. Take david mark for example..
Our economy is getting hydrated due to flooding... Our people have been sold to another group... The society is getting more violent everyday.. Just look at the killings everywhere... Abeg am tired ooohh...
Somebody hold me before i trek from here to the moon oh... Am tired of earth...
I wanted to say something concerning my username,but the mods are watching me.. I am being followed....
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by emabe: 9:57pm On Sep 27, 2012
Let us see d British discount this.
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by OzReal(m): 10:01pm On Sep 27, 2012
GARRI~ WARLORD:
Pheww!! Where should i start from? Should i complain as usual,or should i wish our f..oolish leaders parkinson's disease abi na samson's virus.. Inshort Am tired....
The situation in the country is making our youths go mad..just the other day, our broda wanted to trek from lagos to maiduguri.....haba. The leaders are also going mad.. Take david mark for example..
Our economy is getting hydrated due to flooding... Our people have been sold to another group... The society is getting more violent everyday.. Just look at the killings everywhere... Abeg am tired ooohh...
Somebody hold me before i trek from here to the moon oh... Am tired of earth...
I wanted to say something concerning my username,but the mods are watching me.. I am being followed....

My broda, me sef feel your pain. I no even get the power to contribute reasonably to this thread cry I wan go drink beer jare, you fit join me make we take shayo temper our sorrow for the kind situation our country don dey angry
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by Horus(m): 10:01pm On Sep 27, 2012
Only someone with a slave mentality will beg the white man for help. Why beg someone else when the helping hand that you're looking for is at the end of your own arm.
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by mallorca(m): 10:02pm On Sep 27, 2012
gramci:

You forgot to include his middle name David 'Bonaventure' Mark.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by redsun(m): 10:03pm On Sep 27, 2012
Does this reechos lugard's assertion of africans?It is happening right before you and you can't do forkkall.Africans.
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by OzReal(m): 10:06pm On Sep 27, 2012
Rossik and cap make una no dey give una self headache, David Mark and co for just beg Britain make dem recolonize us since the message wey dem dey send na say we no fit help ourselves. Make we go drink beer angry
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by justwise(m): 10:18pm On Sep 27, 2012
Msauza:

Point of correction chief. South Africa got her independence before Nigeria on the 31st May of 1960. The year 1994 marks SA's first democratic elections where black and whites were equally enfranchised and not independence day. Apartheid was abolished around 1986 and Nelson Mandela was released in Prison on the 11th Feb 1990. Black SA gained their freedom immediately after ANC came into power on the 27th Apr of 1994 when Madiba became the first democratically elected president of RSA. Get your facts right Mr and next time do not write of anything unless you have done thorough research about the subject.

Stop embarrassing yourself,officially apartheid era ended April 1994 and that is the day South African recognized as independent day, that is the year they were completely free from white minority rule.
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by GARRIWARLORD(m): 10:20pm On Sep 27, 2012
OzReal:

My broda, me sef feel your pain. I no even get the power to contribute reasonably to this thread cry I wan go drink beer jare, you fit join me make we take shayo temper our sorrow for the kind situation our country don dey angry
Me no dey drink beer oh.. Na the oda tin i dey drink..
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by Callotti: 10:28pm On Sep 27, 2012
I commend your courage sir!
Nothing wrong with asking for help when you admit to TOTAL failure and helplessness.
However. . . be prepared for Neo-Colonization.

The British already got the best out of Nigeria. . .
It knows better than to assist Nigeria with any form of physical 'presence' in Nigeria or any other part of Africa.
When they can import Nigerian slaves to live in Britain. . .or make BILLIONS of pounds from visa applications. . .
Why in the world would they 'assist' in establishing 'security' in a land inhabited irreformable-criminals?

BLACK MAN. . . YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN. . . (STEVE BIKO)! grin

"Oh! What a tangled web we weave. . . . ." !
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by bleufaucon: 10:38pm On Sep 27, 2012
Despite all this,many will continue to participate in these so called elections that are evidently criminal,only to the wise,and refuse to unite against these anti-human leaders. Stop hating one another and unite cos the black race is nearing extinction. Mark and many other apathetic rulers,past and present,have complex problems,all educated by the same colonial Masters,will always do their slave master's biddings. Chaos is all around us now..our children are being brainwashed daily by western styled educational principles,foreigners are buying up our lands. Our food is processed with dangerous chemicals so as to debilitate the health of the people even further. Chemtrails are sprayed in our skies to control the weather to cause environmental instability. But the gullible prefer to be complacent. How sad!!
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by justwise(m): 10:43pm On Sep 27, 2012
bleufaucon: Despite all this,many will continue to participate in these so called elections that are evidently criminal,only to the wise,and refuse to unite against these anti-human leaders. Stop hating one another and unite cos the black race is nearing extinction. Mark and many other apathetic rulers,past and present,have complex problems,all educated by the same colonial Masters,will always do their slave master's biddings. Chaos is all around us now..our children are being brainwashed daily by western styled educational principles,foreigners are buying up our lands. Our food is processed with dangerous chemicals so as to debilitate the health of the people even further. Chemtrails are sprayed in our skies to control the weather to cause environmental instability. But the gullible prefer to be complacent. How sad!!

Another junk of garbage and silly conspiracy theory. People will not stop spreading all sorts of nonsense.
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 27, 2012
The only help he shudav solicitated for shud be for d brits to come deamalgamate this faulty founed contraptiong...i have always said it,the north is a curse and are nigerias biggest problem....but time is coming anyways.
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by Rossikk(m): 10:55pm On Sep 27, 2012
cap28:

Rossikk they dont care - that's the bottom line - they are just front men for the real power brokers do you seriously think britain was ready to give up such a wealthy possession as nigeria?

The real power brokers who run the show are britain and america, independence was just a trick used to confuse unsuspecting nigerians that they now had control over their own destiny, why do you think the british armed and funded the north against the east during the nigeria/biafra civil war.

Why would an imperialist agent like David Mark bite the fingers of the hand that has made it possible for him to be where he is today? Stop seeing the nigerian ruling classes as ignorant buffoons who do not know what they are doing - David Mark knows very well what he is doing - of course he has to call on his collaborators to intervene militarily because he is acting in accordance with a script.

a nigerian political analyst sets out very succinctly nigeria's subservience to the west here:

http://www.workersalternative.com/economy/110-nigerian-economy-rising-debt-imf-once-again-collapsing-infrastructure-as-fat-cat-get-fatter

cap28, thanks for your intelligent contribution. Great points made. It could be argued with merit that these leaders are actually in cahoots with the foreign oppressors.
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by Johndoe100(m): 11:01pm On Sep 27, 2012
SimonAndal: Methought he told the brits to "fuçk off" during the gay bill brouhaha?

Abi, I am surprised that he has forgotten so soon.
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by VampiricJesus: 11:10pm On Sep 27, 2012
na wa o
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by NovusHomo(m): 11:18pm On Sep 27, 2012
Ah, the quality of the men who pretend to lead us. With "leaders" like this one...,no wonder!
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by Msauza(m): 11:30pm On Sep 27, 2012
justwise:

Stop embarrassing yourself,officially apartheid era ended April 1994 and that is the day South African recognized as independent day, that is the year they were completely free from white minority rule.

U know nothing about South Africa. You are the one who is embarrassing himself. I'm a South African and you don't tell me about my history. 27th April 1994 is a freedom day not an independence day. 31st May 1960 is the day of independence of South Africa when it officially became a Republic. You slowpoke just google it and don't just chase after shadows. Under colonial rule SA was a union after the british won the Boers (Afrikaners) in an Anglo-Boer2 in 1899-1901, where in the British won after having lost the first Anglo-Boer war which was around 1850's.

After the English won the war that's when they started to colonise SA after hijacking it from the Boers (White SAfricans). Remember the Boers consider themselves as citizens of SA (Settlers), that's why they have been ther before the invasion of the British in SA. The Boers fought the British to defend SA from being colonised and they won the first war. From today u must know that 1994 marks freedom day of SA and not independence day. Stop telling people lies. Even under apartheid SA was independent, it was called Republic of SA, understood? The Boers are as well citizens of SA, they were as well colonised from 1901-1960. I hate people who distort history of other countries, if you want to know history of RSA just google it or go to library, that is if they are available where you live. Gudbye!!!
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by cap28: 11:41pm On Sep 27, 2012
Rossikk:

cap28, thanks for your intelligent contribution. Great points made. It could be argued with merit that these leaders are actually in cahoots with the foreign oppressors.

no worries bros, these scum are the biggest sell outs of all time, but one day the nigerian masses will rise up against them and there will be a bloodbath, the level of frustration amongst nigerians is steadily gathering pace, very soon it will reach boiling point.
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by babyboy3(m): 11:43pm On Sep 27, 2012
What an utter farce. it's worse that he's the senate president! what is the purpose of his role and that of his colleagues if not to goverrn and solve the nation's problems? who voted him in? the voters might well have voted for the colonial overseers if he's having to run back to them. who manufactures arms? where are they coming from? as i said before terrorism is not in our culture or heritage and harold smith has confirmed the agenda that many knew all along. watch this bro! it will further explain things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YT6cotv0YU
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by justwise(m): 12:00am On Sep 28, 2012
Msauza:

U know nothing about South Africa. You are the one who is embarrassing himself. I'm a South African and you don't tell me about my history. 27th April 1994 is a freedom day not an independence day. 31st May 1960 is the day of independence of South Africa when it officially became a Republic. You slowpoke just google it and don't just chase after shadows. Under colonial rule SA was a union after the british won the Boers (Afrikaners) in an Anglo-Boer2 in 1899-1901, where in the British won after having lost the first Anglo-Boer war which was around 1850's.

After the English won the war that's when they started to colonise SA after hijacking it from the Boers (White SAfricans). Remember the Boers consider themselves as citizens of SA (Settlers), that's why they have been ther before the invasion of the British in SA. The Boers fought the British to defend SA from being colonised and they won the first war. From today u must know that 1994 marks freedom day of SA and not independence day. Stop telling people lies. Even under apartheid SA was independent, it was called Republic of SA, understood? The Boers are as well citizens of SA, they were as well colonised from 1901-1960. I hate people who distort history of other countries, if you want to know history of RSA just google it or go to library, that is if they are available where you live. Gudbye!!!

Being a South African does not mean that you know a lot about your country....

http://www.123independenceday.com/south-africa/

Though South Africa achieved independence from Britain on 31 May, 1910, Freedom Day is the official Independence Day of South Africa. It is celebrated on 27th of April every year and commemorates the first democratic, non racial elections held in 1994. As the official independence day of South Africa, Freedom Day is celebrated to pay tribute to all those men and women who have made relentless efforts and sacrifices on behalf of the oppressed masses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_national_independence_days

Independence from the United Kingdom in 1931. Not a public holiday. Union of South Africa formed on May 31, 1910 and Republic of South Africa declared on May 31, 1961 and gained independence under minority rule in 1994 after apartheid

A South African who know nothing about his country.
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by EreluY(f): 12:17am On Sep 28, 2012
masterkey11: we lack the capability of doing nothing,GEJ is doing nothing,trust me guys,a president who can only change the name of a university...

[size=16pt]He even woefully failed to change the name of the university in question: UNILAG is still UNILAG and NOT MAULAG.[/size]
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by Msauza(m): 12:18am On Sep 28, 2012
Msauza:

Justwise let me teach u politics- any country can still be independent from colonial rule, but still a number of people from that country continue to be oppressed by another, either on the basis of culture, sex, religion, tribe or colour. This is evident of Sudan which became independent many years ago, where the South(black) was oppressed by the North( Arabic origin). Same as in Rwanda where the tutsis oppressed the hutus. Same as South Africa which became independent many years ago, but still whites which were in power oppressed blacks. Another one to follow is Nigeria, where the North always appears to overpower the South during presidential elections.
Re: Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity by EreluY(f): 12:22am On Sep 28, 2012
[size=14pt]The next minute David Mark's wife, like GEJ's wife, will become ill, flown abroad and some idi0ts would start praying and speaking in tongues, even fasting, for speedy recovery. Awon dindinrin.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu's Health In Unfavourable Condition; Fails To Recognise Family In US / Bala Mohammed Denies Defecting To APC / 5 Million Nigerians Worth More Than $1 Million Dollars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.