Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments (74718 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by gbadex1(m): 9:57am On Mar 09, 2007
Lysaa,

Sista, just tell us what happened, why all the yapping? It's just a bloody simple question and not one to fuss over, why is it so damn difficult for you to answer simple questions?!!

You're a member of that church, don't you think it will be much better we hear this from the horses' mouth?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by mrpataki(m): 11:31am On Mar 09, 2007
@ Donnie,
Must thou lie to cover amultitude of sins? When it is a well known fact that there was indeed a large amount of money stolen and brought into the church, yet the church do not have men like Peter who can easily discern in the spirit to know whether this is truly of God undecided

Yet miracles are said to occur everyday in their services, but to discern the source of money gotten is a problem! angry

May God have mercy!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Backslider(m): 11:51am On Mar 09, 2007
The Lord has pleaded with them to repent of this sin and They fight with him and they say Touch not my Anointed and Do my Prophet no harm

OH LORD THIS IS WHAT THEY QUOTE BUT THEY HAVE FORGOTTEN JUDGMENT THAT BRINGS MERCY AND RIGHTEOUSNESS ANOINTING THAT FREES FROM SIN IS NOT EMPHASIZED
1 Chronicles verse

12 Remember his marvellous works that he hath done, his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth;

13 O ye seed of Israel his servant, ye children of Jacob, his chosen ones.

14 He is the LORD our God; his judgments are in all the earth.

15 Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations;

16 Even of the covenant which he made with Abraham, and of his oath unto Isaac;

17 And hath confirmed the same to Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant,

18 Saying, Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance;

19 When ye were but few, even a few, and strangers in it.

20 And when they went from nation to nation, and from one kingdom to another people;

21 He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings for their sakes,

22 Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.

23 Sing unto the LORD, all the earth; shew forth from day to day his salvation.

24 Declare[b] his glory among the heathen[/b]; his marvellous works among all nations.

YEA BRETHREN WE ARE ALL ANOINTED YET STILL THERE ARE SOME ARE MORE ANOINTED THAN OTHER FOR PARTICULAR REASON BY THE LORD.

LORD I AM NOT AFRAID OF ANY MAN BE IT PRIEST OR PREACHER.
Yea Their Blood is on their head.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by lafile(m): 1:22pm On Mar 09, 2007
@ Donnie and Lysaa
You guys have not represented your church adequately. haba. you have not made any categorical staement concerning this issue since page 5 of this thread. was any stolen money brought to a branch of Christ embassy? yes or no? if yes what if anything was done about it? if you dont know say you dont know simple. stop beating about the bush. only guilty people do that. stop using the 'touch not my annointed' defence. it wont wash. nobody is touching any annointed. we are just trying to clear up issues. all you guys have done is muddle it further.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by lysaa(f): 2:07pm On Mar 09, 2007
gbade. x:

Lysaa,
Sista, just tell us what happened,. . .You're a member of that church, don't you think it will be much better we hear this from the horses' mouth?

Horse's mouth u say? Did u hear my name in the story or did u discover I was enriched by any stolen money?
Bro, please contact those involved directly if u genuinely care.

lafile:

@ Donnie and Lysaa
You guys have not represented your church adequately. haba. . . stop using the 'touch not my annointed' defence. it wont wash. nobody is touching any annointed. we are just trying to clear up issues. all you guys have done is muddle it further.

I may not have represented my church well in your eyes but i still am a christian. I give out information to anyone that has a heart of true concern. Not those that need story to tell and relish in mockery in the name of correction or chastisement. Its easy to tell who these are from the posts sent and I have seen post of some that have demonstrated love towards the ministry irrespective of this matter. That is an Example of who a christian really is.

For this reason, i can not and will not give u this info that u need. maybe someone else would but definately not me. Only those with true attitude of love deserves to know.

Matter of fact, this issue was exhumed from far back 2003,  this is 2007. It won't even take God a minute to forgive such person if the story really went the way u have heard? What is the christianity u have displayed here in holding on to the past. Love seeks for way to forgive and how to make things right, not making matters worse than the way it was met and calling people names. This is what i stand and will always stand for.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by mrpataki(m): 3:33pm On Mar 09, 2007
lysaa:

Matter of fact, this issue was exhumed from far back 2003, this is 2007. It won't even take God a minute to forgive such person [b]if the story really went the way u have heard? What is the christianity u have displayed here in holding on to the past. Love seeks for way to forgive and how to make things right, not making matters worse than the way it was met and calling people names. This is what i stand and will always stand for. [/b]

That it happened in 2003,yet nothing was done to address the isse then, does not mean, such cannot and probably may even be happening in 2007. Shall we continue in Sin and expect Grace to abound? God forbid!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by gbadex1(m): 3:53pm On Mar 09, 2007
@ lysaa:

no offense, but you are making a mountain out of a molehill. The theme of this thread is as simple as simplicity can be. What's so difficult about it? No one's condemning you, your church, your pastor. I don't see the relevance in all ur rants. You take things too personal and get defensive anytime your Pastor and the issue of the stolen millions is mentioned.

If you know, then why don't you share with us? It will cost you nothing to tell what you know about this issue.

PS: and pls don't gimme that crap about those asking being mischevious, wicked or whatever BS defence u can comd up with.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by gbadex1(m): 3:54pm On Mar 09, 2007
@ lysaa:

no offense, but you are making a mountain out of a molehill. The theme of this thread is as simple as simplicity can be. What's so difficult about it? No one's condemning you, your church, your pastor. I don't see the relevance in all ur rants. You take things too personal and get defensive anytime your Pastor and the issue of the stolen millions is mentioned.

If you know, then why don't you share with us? It will cost you nothing to tell what you know about this issue.

PS: and pls don't gimme that crap about those asking being mischevious, wicked or whatever BS defence u can comd up with.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by gbadex1(m): 3:55pm On Mar 09, 2007
@ lysaa:

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by lysaa(f): 4:06pm On Mar 09, 2007
mrpataki:

That it happened in 2003,yet nothing was done to address the isse then, does not mean, such cannot and probably may even be happening in 2007. Shall we continue in Sin and expect Grace to abound? God forbid!

So all along u kept that in mind? and now it is beclouding every thot u have about Christ embassy. How has it helped?
For your info, we are not in sin and are not continuing in sin.

no offense, but you are making a mountain out of a molehill. . .
PS: and please don't gimme that crap about those asking being mischevious, wicked or whatever BS defence u can comd up with

I didn't call anybody any names.Mr. I speak as a christian. . . But in any case, u still can't get any info from me, i maintain that.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by gbadex1(m): 4:15pm On Mar 09, 2007
@ lysaa:

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 09, 2007
so lysaa of the N49m where ur father's money, u'd be defending ur pastor eh?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by batu: 4:22pm On Mar 09, 2007
@lysaa,
Dear madam;, I have followed this discussion for some time and I observed that you rebuked Davidylan by equating "criticism" with "judgement" among others. This is unfortunate, and could be seen as an escape theology. In financial matters, just as well as doctrinal issues; we christians and the church need to understand that whatever we do or refuse to do has the potential to either bring honour or dishonour to the name of the Lord who we profess as our Saviour. As such we need to be extremelycareful. Listen to what the Lord Jesus said through Apostle Paul, especially relating to financial matters in the early church in 2nd Corinthians 8 vs19-21, with attention to the portion in bold:

",,,,,,,And not that only, but who was also chosen of the churches to travel with us with this grace, which is administered by us to the glory of the same Lord, and declaration of your ready mind:
Avoiding this, that no man should blame us in this abundance which is administered by us: Providing for honest things not only in the sight of the Lord, but also in the sight of men."

As you can see, using "touch not my anointed" or "do not judge" in such a similar issue as is being discussed is quite unfortunate and is an example of a wrong use of scriptures. Churches need to be over and above board in all matters, finacial matters inclusive.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by mrpataki(m): 4:24pm On Mar 09, 2007
lysaa:

So all along u kept that in mind? and now it is beclouding every thot u have about Christ embassy. How has it helped?
For your info, we are not in sin and are not continue in sin.

"Let him that thinketh he standeth, take heed lest he falls" That is all I have to say Miss.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by gbadex1(m): 4:27pm On Mar 09, 2007
@ lysaa:

while i wasn't trying to force you to divulge info, i just suggested that. Truth is, with the attitude you've put up, you're not helping your Church or your Pastor's image.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by gbadex1(m): 4:30pm On Mar 09, 2007
@ lysaa:

while i wasn't trying to force you to divulge info, i just suggested that. Truth is, with the attitude you've put up, you're not helping your Church or your Pastor's image.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by syrup(f): 4:33pm On Mar 09, 2007
@gbade. x,

Perhaps you've been having the same technical hitches as me - that's why the repostings. I don't know if this one will be posted; but my recent posts just keep disappearing. . . Lol. cheesy
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by gbadex1(m): 4:44pm On Mar 09, 2007
Lol, i'm having Network/Connection problems over here. . . .that's why i've been reposting and all that ish. . . .
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by samorijack(m): 6:08pm On Mar 09, 2007
I WAS A FAN ONCE ,IN MY DAYS IGNORANCE,HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS OVER EMPHASIS ON MIRACLES ,I'D LIKE TO KNOW HOW MANY HOSPITALS,SCHOOLS ,VOCATIONAL CENTERS E.T.C HIS CHURCH HAS BUILT , I'D LIKE TO KNOW HOW MANY GRASSROOTS DEVELOPMENTAL PROJECTS THEY'VE EMBARKED ON. ALL I SEE IS PEOPLE LOOKING FOR MIRACLES,LOOKING FOR A WAY OUT OF THEIR PROBLEMS,IF WE INVESTED HALF OF WHAT COMES INTO THE CHURCH ON INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT WE'ED NEED LESS MIRACLES. LISTENING TO HIM IS LIKE LISTENING TO MANY NIGERIAN PASTORS,THEY'RE MAKING A LIVING OF OUR MISERY,THEY DON'T HAVE THE SOLUTIONS THEY ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM,THEY DON'T PUT THEIR MONEY WHERE THEIR MOUTH IS, THEY ARE APOSTLES OF THIS "BREAKTHROUGH" DOCTRINE WHICH I THINK IS A LAZY ,SELFISH IDEOLOGY ,THAT'S THEIR love-vendor I GUESS ,THEY ARE MOSTLY ENTERTAINERS AND THERE GETTING WELL PAID FOR IT.I'M NOT BEEFING THEM JUST CALLING IT HOW I SEE IT.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by lysaa(f): 6:51pm On Mar 09, 2007
samorijack:

I WAS A FAN ONCE ,IN MY DAYS IGNORANCE,HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS OVER EMPHASIS ON MIRACLES , . . bla . . .bla . . . bla . . . bla. . . . . .I'M NOT BEEFING THEM JUST CALLING IT HOW I SEE IT.

u are not beefing then whats ur motif behind this post? this is just a good place to join the fan of pple who think like u.

if u were really a fan then u should know the number of projects the church is involved in all over the world.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 09, 2007
This thread should have ended on page one if someone was bold enough to state categorically what happened to the said money.
Like Davidylan said you would not be here defending anyone lysaa if that money was stolen from you.

It is very sad how cases like this give Christianity such a bad name and  every individual is accountable to God what he did here on earth.
Christianity goes way beyond bless me, bless me,fire,fire.
When all the hoopla is over,the Lord knows those who are truly his.

I do hope and trust Christ Embassy and it's leaders did the right thing in the sight of God and man,in this case.
As I earlier stated,the Almighty will not lower his standards to accomodate any man's twisted doctrine.
His words are ever sure.

My happiness is that there's a legion of Christians who still can differenciate right from wrong in a greedy soceity like ours.
To you all I say,let us keep our garments unspotted as we await his appearing.
Let us stand firm to that unchanging faith that is both able to save and keep us till that day.

Amen.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by samorijack(m): 10:44pm On Mar 09, 2007
lysaa,my dear friend,if there is a war in Nigeria (GOD forbid) many pastors in Nigeria would run away becuse they have the means to and leave the common man to his fate.We live in a society where parents can't afford to send their children to schools owned by churches yet the clamour for "breakthrough" continues in our churches (and I thought the government was the bad guy). The youth conference with Pastor chris is another P.R gimmic,this is a man who is not willing to use his good office to speak out for the common man and contribite to the socio-political and economic discourse in Nigeria ,yet he is passionate about the future of the youths my message to him and the likes is to put their money where their mouth is. When you tell people that Jesus can change their lives if they accept him,you take upon yourself a moral obligation to contend with forces which militate against the good life you preach about ,if Nigeria get's better it will favour the christian and non christians alike.These Pastors have been able to draw a parallen between Jesus and wealth that makes their message more appealing ,Fela Kuti stood with the common man,Pastor Tunde Bakare stood with the common man I don't see Oyakhilome and the likes anywhere in the struggle for a better Nigeria,yet he is passionate about the future of the youth ,please.It's not just him there are many of them and their time will soon be up,the game can't continue much longer.once again not beefing them just calling it the way I see it grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Backslider(m): 11:01pm On Mar 09, 2007
@Samorijack

You are wrong this people will prosper There Churches will be filled they will buy properties and own things that Jesus would not need if he was here.

They will Laugh at poor people and say that they are possessed with demons they will persecute Holy simple people and say that they are preaching demon doctrines.

My friend the Gospel and The true Church is at war and its only those that are in Christ will escape this great deception. They are The Churches of Satan.

They will seek to deceive many and many will be deceived. Even you can be deceived if they do all those thing you say wont you say they are of God?

Yet the Church is silent. The Church is supposed to be the Moral power of God on earth. They dont condemn sinner and sins in the Church again.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by samorijack(m): 11:26pm On Mar 09, 2007
the church can no longer say rise up and walk because it has silver and gold in abundance ,our pastors in Nigeria ride flashy cars and live like kings,i'm not beefing them for that,just not in the name of Jesus.they have built economic empires which they preside over i'm not sure they want jesus to come back .may God have mercy on all of us because nobody holy pass grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 12:12pm On Mar 10, 2007
If you were speaking truth you will be blessed by God. But since you choose the path of lies, there is destruction waiting for you. You have Called this man a cheat without cause yet every major Christ embassy church has an innercity mission reaching out to the needy. Very many children are taken from the streets, fed, clothed and given decent accomodation. There is also a loveworld academy where they are all given free education. Why don't you go and check for yourself? We remove prostitutes, drug addicts and robbers from the streets giving them decent accommodations, new jobs and businesses as i have personally been involved with this mission group. Even if we never have a chance to defend ourselves, our works will testify before God against all who tell lies. They will surely not go unpunished. And Like Jesus taught, we do not come out in public and begin to commend or defend ourselves because He hath said, 'woe unto you when all men speak well of you'. If i may ask you Backslider, what church and under whose authority are you submitted? What is your function in the house of God? Why are you trying to bring others into the same condemnation as yourself in your backsliden state? If i may say this, You do not appear to me to be a christian. It is easy to slander others and speak against others but not many are builders. Jesus said, anyone who falls upon this rock shall be broken but on whosoever this rock shall fall, it shall grind to powder. So keep talking what you do not know.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by shahan(f): 12:21pm On Mar 10, 2007
Na anoda person tif money; na pastor Chris suffer!

@lysaa, my dearie, how U dey? I've been busy for a while, and haven't forgotten you. smiley
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Backslider(m): 12:42pm On Mar 10, 2007
Oh SISTER SHAHAN

Where have you been?

Well My brother donnie

I have made the word of the lord clear. you may personally attack me but the word the lord standeth sure. I know why I gave myself that name and you prophesy. Ye have not known him and his mercy nor his love.

The drug addicts and robbers need Jesus first.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by shahan(f): 12:46pm On Mar 10, 2007
@Backslider,

I just have been around, but busy with loads of stuff. Hope you're doing great? Bless you and everyone here. smiley
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 1:23pm On Mar 10, 2007
Backslider, i guess you have not been trained to understand that your name determines what you are or will become. U tell me; is it possible to remove drug addicts and prostitiues from the streets and truely set them free without the massage of Christ and the annointing of God's Spirit? And mind you, the message we preach is not the kind that you preach. Jesus condemned sin but he didnt condemn the sinner. He loved them, so much so that He died for them. Such people will have to see the love of Christ not only preached but demonstrated in and through you. I think you should start by preaching to yourself first. From the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. What you have inside is what you release. If you have sin, condemnation, guilt and fear in you, that is what you will release. Thereby bringing your hearers to share in your condemnation. Selah
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Backslider(m): 1:34pm On Mar 10, 2007
@ Donnie

If you know me well You may slap me electronically. I will not respond to you personally. check through out my post you see that I don't personally attack.

You said Jesus did not Condemn sinner? You Lie. He condemns sins and sinners by his death word and deeds. I will ask you this question.

Who Goes to Hell Sin or Sinners?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 1:44pm On Mar 10, 2007
You do not understand the gospel. No wonder you are so condemned. Who is the liar? John 3:17 -God sent not His son into the world to condemn the world. But that the world through Him might be saved.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 1:57pm On Mar 10, 2007
It is sin that condemns, not Jesus.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites / Why We Shut Down Synagogue Church - T.B Joshua's Widow Evelyn (Pics) / Apostle Suleman Reacts To New Nigerian Passport With 'Herdsmen' Inscription

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.