Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments (74746 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by sisimose(f): 10:43pm On Feb 26, 2007
Ferlie:

yOU TALK THIS KAIN THIN - IF YOU WAKE UP and find say your mouth don twist go one side - no say na your own fault o - how u go talk this kain thin?

my brother i lie? abeg no vex. My mouth no go twist oo. God knows my heart
All i am saying is even the bible tells us to check all these people who come in God's name, abi?wolves in sheep's clothing?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Bolarge(m): 11:33am On Feb 27, 2007
Y'meant wolves in sheep's clothing. wink grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by lysaa(f): 7:50pm On Mar 02, 2007
pls i need to hear more from the NYC. pls pls pretty pls
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by mrmayor(m): 10:52pm On Mar 02, 2007
Iyasaa,

You do realise that Handling Of Stolen Money is a crime anywhere in the world? angry angry angry
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 02, 2007
mrmayor:

Iyasaa,

You do realise that Handling Of Stolen Money is a crime anywhere in the world? angry angry angry

Nah, the rule does not apply to "men of God". Those who are "annointed by God" are not bound by human laws.

Pls more from the National decievers conference.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by lysaa(f): 5:56pm On Mar 03, 2007
Please oh let me hear better thing, i need to be updated not drawn back.

Anyone with words, i need to lambano something.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 03, 2007
yep! anyone with words from the national "annointed thieves" conference? grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Backslider(m): 6:42am On Mar 04, 2007
@david

Let communicate in love in our hearts because God in heaven is love. The Beginning of Wisdom is the fear God but the Height of it all is the LOVE of God.

Let us move to the Higher level of love God gives us grace.

Amen
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by mrmayor(m): 1:43pm On Mar 04, 2007
Backslider,

I really don't get Africans, I just don't get it.What is all this rubbish about leaving the[b] Men Of God [/b] alone? Do your men of God have some kind of immunity to the Rule Of Law? Imagine that your accountant stole your money and gave it to his church and you can't get it back because the Men of God can't be judged.

Next we hear that if a Man of God kills another person he should be left alone because only God can judge his anointed!!!! Its only Africans that make silly excuses for the leaders both political and religious leaders.If that accountant had done the same thing in Ireland,the Irish authorities would investgate the accounts of that church and someone would be going to jail.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by sisimose(f): 1:53pm On Mar 04, 2007
true word mrmayor
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 04, 2007
thanks mrmayor.

the likes of Ted Haggard have lost their exalted positions and the Jimmy Bakers of this world have spent time in prison.

In Nigeria "men of God" who commit crime are immune from the law in the name of "touch not my annointed".
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by gbadex1(m): 3:24pm On Mar 04, 2007
Rofl!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by mellow(m): 3:50pm On Mar 04, 2007
I don't know where you guys got the information that Chris O has dedicated his life to god since his youth or like he said since he was 9 years old. But I do know him way back from when he was in Edo State University Ekpoma now Ambrose Ali University. It was ater some controversy over some things that I will not mention here that he gave his life to God and he started heading a student Fellowship. Of a truth, he came from a christain home as his granfather brought assemblies Of god Church to Nigeria and one of the Branches was named after him " THE OYAKHILOME TEMPLE[b][/b]" in Benin City. I am not to judge him but I rather do like him.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 4:14pm On Mar 04, 2007
Why go that far and then stop short of mentioning the issues? As for the rest of you who speak carelessly, I have too much rank and of course too much knowledge of God to join you. I know why David, despite all his flaws including sleeping with a man's wife and killing the man; could yet stand justified before God, having his enemies defeated at every count. Unlike Saul who appeared to be perfect before men but sadly had the kingdom taken from him and an evil spirit torment him because of a 'little' mistake on his part. Continue with your talk against this man. You will only end up where those who spoke before u have ended up. The truth is, you do not know the anointing let alone recognise that this man is anointed of God. I advice christians to b careful and stay far from these folks who obviously are enemies of the cross.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by mellow(m): 4:47pm On Mar 04, 2007
Don't get carried away. We are all human, including Pastor Chris.

Or are you of the opinion that he was perfect from birth?

Na wa for you o
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 04, 2007
donnie:

As for the rest of you who speak carelessly, I have too much rank and of course too much knowledge of God to join you.

1 Corinthians 8:1
Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

Thanks for the "too much knowledge of God" that you know. I'm sure that knowledge includes the fact that he that covereth his sin will not find mercy!

donnie:

I know why David, despite all his flaws including sleeping with a man's wife and killing the man; could yet stand justified before God, having his enemies defeated at every count. Unlike Saul who appeared to be perfect before men but sadly had the kingdom taken from him and an evil spirit torment him because of a 'little' mistake on his part. Continue with your talk against this man. You will only end up where those who spoke before u have ended up. The truth is, you do not know the anointing let alone recognise that this man is anointed of God. I advice christians to b careful and stay far from these folks who obviously are enemies of the cross.

Since you have "too much knowledge of God", i was thinking it shld not have escaped your "vast knowledge" that the major reason God loved David was because he would fall down before God and repent for his sins. David did not look Nathan in the eye after stealig Bathseba and say "touch not my annointed"!
Of course how do we know the "annointing", is this annointing another immunity from sin? How do we recognise a man annointed of God?

The bible said:
Matthew 7:16
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Just in case this also escaped your "vast knowledge", the fruits of the spirit do not include pride, fraud and deciet!

And as for the real "enemies of the cross", they are those who steal N49m from the impoverished masses as "seed offering" and then turn around to claim immunity by hiding under the "annointing". Please ask Judas Iscariot! His 3 yrs following Jesus did not give him an automatic ticket to heaven.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by mrpataki(m): 5:32pm On Mar 04, 2007
This is all to hilarious for moi! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Backslider(m): 6:01pm On Mar 04, 2007
@Mrmayor

I am no way Justifying the act if it was really committed. I am only concerned with the way we are seeming to rejoice and mock about it.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 6:18pm On Mar 04, 2007
I guess u r beginning to realise what and who we r up against here.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 04, 2007
Backslider:

@Mrmayor

I am no way Justifying the act if it was really committed. I am only concerned with the way we are seeming to rejoice and mock about it.

while i respect your inputs here i disagree with your lame duck attitude. Showing God's love is not the same thing as meekly accepting anything so as to avoid being seen to "rejoice and mock about it".
In advanced countries, Oyakhilome and Lawrence Agada would be in before the judge answering questions of fraud! If in doubt please ask Mathew Ashimolowo! He was questioned and HIS OWN CHURCH shut down for mismanaging HIS OWN CHURCH funds!
That is why we are all rushing to migrate there! In such nations, the "annointing" is of no use in the face of the law!

donnie:

I guess you're beginning to realise what and who we r up against here.

Attempting to play the victim here will not help the cause. Your "spiritual leaders" have a question of fraud to answer, hiding under a suspicious anointing will not help the matter.
If Ted Haggard and Jim Baker were Nigerians, they would still be "under the annointing" today.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Backslider(m): 8:42pm On Mar 04, 2007
smiley
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Backslider(m): 8:43pm On Mar 04, 2007
I am pleading that we tone down our sounding the sins of a pastor and ask God to use his church members like Donnie to ask in love for the repentance of the "MOG"

It is challenging them to see the evil in the action and them using the grace of God to deal with it. The grace of God is like a lame duck.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by TayoD(m): 10:15pm On Mar 04, 2007
@Backslider,

I am pleading that we tone down our sounding the sins of a pastor and ask God to use his church members like Donnie to ask in love for the repentance of the "MOG"

It is challenging them to see the evil in the action and them using the grace of God to deal with it.
You have assumed here that the so-called members who claimed that their lives will never remain the same after the conference (not after meeting Jesus), see anything wrong with the action of that MOG. To them, the annointing covereth a multitude of sins and there is absolutely no chance of them doing what they need to do.

Secondly, the scripture is very clear about issues like this. When someone is caught in sin, those who are spiritual are to restore him. In this case however, he has distanced himself from those who could tell him the truth and surrounded himself with praise singers he calls his congregation, and by a charlatan called T.B. Joshua.

When someone gets to this point, the Bible clearly teaches for the Body of Christ to depart from such a person so the Holy Spirit can have the opporutnity to show him the error of his ways. From the way his flock sounds, that scripture will never ever be followed.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by mrmayor(m): 12:31am On Mar 05, 2007
TayoD:
In this case however, he has distanced himself from those who could tell him the truth and surrounded himself with praise singers he calls his congregation, and by a charlatan called T.B. Joshua.

ha hahahha grin grin grin smiley smiley cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by mellow(m): 7:02am On Mar 05, 2007
Tell them my dear brother, tell them
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Backslider(m): 10:37am On Mar 05, 2007
@The Brethren

Let us Condemn sin in love. Should I continue in Sin that Grace May abound God forbid. but i rejoice that Christ is preached.

For it is beautiful to behold the ones the preach the Gospel of salvation, but yet still Let everyman Be it Man of God be it the rebuker of sin depart from Iniquity.

Did Jesus Justify the woman that the Pharisee and Sadducee condemn. Jesus freed her from Sin Guilt first and there and then Justify her as God. he did it with love for her not hatred.

If the MOG in Question and the followers fail to repent leave them to Jesus. As it says In Ezekiel

7So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me.

8When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

9Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

10Therefore, O thou son of man, speak unto the house of Israel; Thus ye speak, saying, If our transgressions and our sins be upon us, and we pine away in them, how should we then live?

11Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

This should makes all weep for our own sins we because we are not contrite. We are all Guilty for we do it without love.

God help us all
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by TayoD(m): 3:44pm On Mar 05, 2007
@Backslider,

While your heart may be right about this matter, I think you have completely mistaken what the actions of the Body of Christ should be regarding matters like this one.

Love is not passive but active. Jesus never condoned sin in anyway. He forgave those who are contrite and acknowledge their sins, but He was vehemently against Hypocrites personified by the Pharisees.  When for love of money, someone preaches as right a clearly wrong thing, the Bible commands that such mouths must be stopped: Titus 1:11 T[b]hey must be silenced.[/b] By their wrong teaching, they have already turned whole families away from the truth. Such teachers only want your money.

Go through the NT and see how such situations are dealt with. First, Oyahks validated the ministry of that devil called T.B. Joshua; now he is telling the whole world that stealing is alright as long as you pay the tithe. What next is he going to teach?

As long as his congregation comes here to validate this "righteous stealing", then we will continue to oppose them and express our faith that of us, such actions should not even be once named amongst them who are regarded as Saints.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 4:40pm On Mar 05, 2007
Your problem is not the case of stealing. It is a result of deep-rooted envy which is now evolving into hatred. We know your type. They are not new to us. We have dealt with them long ago and you know where they are now? Under our feet. I can understand if you were among those who ganged up all over Nigeria to see to it that Christ Embassy is finished. But to your disappointment, the reverse was the case. We grew more than ever before, We became greater than ever before. Our voice became louder and they that gathered against us were scattered. They were silenced and just in case you are unaware, they have learnt their mistake.

I was told about a popular man of God in Port-Harcourt who called out from His congregation all those who had at anytime spoken evil against this man of God. He cmmanded them to kneel before the alter and repent even as He joined them and asked for forgiveness as he too had at some time spoken against Pastor Chris. This man is wise. He knows the annointing of God. But when you do not have a master over you and over your tongue. when you are used to speaking powerless empty words, you are free to say anything as you do not even know the difference between speaking words of power and empty speach. When the Holy Ghost is Lord of your tongue there are certain words that cannot come out of your mouth. Because your words are loaded with power.

When you see us rejoice at the Word of God you say we are worshipping the man of God. You don't understand these things. There is a presence that that man carries with him; it so tangible. I recognise that presence of the Spirit each time i see Him.

If it were for Pastor Chris alone, his handsome looks or his polished speach or miracles, i will not be listen to him. But i tell you, those of us who love Him actually are in love with Jesus. He is the one we actually see in the life of this man. That is why it looks as though we will love Him to the death. We are very healthy christians in Christ Embassy. We feed on the Word and we know how to put it to work for ourselves.

Why do you hate us that much? Is it because We have refused to fail and fall like you had expected? Talking about the honour we show our Man of God; We cannot but put the Word to work. the bible says in 1 thes 5:12-13

[i]12Now we ask you, brothers, to respect those who work hard among you, who are over you in the Lord and who admonish you. 13Hold them in the highest regard  in love because of their work. [/i]NIV

The Kings James version says:

12And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;

13And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.

So it is in the Spirit of Christ to esteem your man of God, not just highly(as that would have been good enough), but very highly. Please don't be angry at us as it is the Spirit that we have that causes us to behave the way we do. One love.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 05, 2007
donnie:

When you see us rejoice at the Word of God you say we are worshipping the man of God. You don't understand these things. There is a presence that that man carries with him; it so tangible. I recognise that presence of the Spirit each time i see Him.

If it were for Pastor Chris alone, his handsome looks or his polished speach or miracles, i will not be listen to him. But i tell you, those of us who love Him actually are in love with Jesus. He is the one we actually see in the life of this man. That is why it looks as though we will love Him to the death. We are very healthy christians in Christ Embassy. We feed on the Word and we know how to put it to work for ourselves.

Sir Donnie, the spirit of deciet and human worship is very subtle. The spirit of Christ should be in EVERY PERSON who calls himself a christian, rich or poor big or small. There is no special spirit that is seen on a MoG that you and i have not got!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by mellow(m): 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2007
donnie:

Your problem is not the case of stealing. It is a result of deep-rooted envy which is now evolving into hatred. We know your type. They are not new to us. We have dealt with them long ago and you know where they are now? Under our feet. I can understand if you were among those who ganged up all over Nigeria to see to it that Christ Embassy is finished. But to your disappointment, the reverse was the case. We grew more than ever before, We became greater than ever before. Our voice became louder and they that gathered against us were scattered. They were silenced and just in case you are unaware, they have learnt their mistake.

I was told about a popular man of God in Port-Harcourt who called out from His congregation all those who had at anytime spoken evil against this man of God. He cmmanded them to kneel before the alter and repent even as He joined them and asked for forgiveness as he too had at some time spoken against Pastor Chris. This man is wise. He knows the annointing of God. But when you do not have a master over you and over your tongue. when you are used to speaking powerless empty words, you are free to say anything as you do not even know the difference between speaking words of power and empty speach. When the Holy Ghost is Lord of your tongue there are certain words that cannot come out of your mouth. Because your words are loaded with power.

Why do you hate us that much? Is it because We have refused to fail and fall like you had expected? Talking about the honour we show our Man of God; We cannot but put the Word to work. the bible says in 1 thes 5:12-13

[i]12Now we ask you, brothers, to respect those who work hard among you, who are over you in the Lord and who admonish you. 13Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. [/i]NIV

The Kings James version says:

12And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;

13And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.

So it is in the Spirit of Christ to esteem your man of God, not just highly(as that would have been good enough), but very highly. Please don't be angry at us as it is the Spirit that we have that causes us to behave the way we do. One love.

Please, may I know in which church this happened?
As I live in Port-Harcourt and I never heard of it.

na me again
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by syrup(f): 5:55pm On Mar 05, 2007
@All,

I know some might as well descend on me in stating the following:

#1. I have tried to follow the case of the N49m 'offering' and have to conclude that Pastor Chris did not personally receive the money.

#2. That Pastor Chris understood the money was stolen (if at all true) and yet did not make any move to urge a refund of same, is disturbing enough.

#3. Even so, both the 'giver' and 'receiver' are ultimately accountable to God - and so are the rest of us quizzers and defenders.

#4. The case of stolen money should not overshadow the bigger picture of people being saved through the preaching of the Gospel.

#5. Whatever our grievances in this mystery, let us have large enough hearts to forgive and move on; rather than strain at this issue as if the whole ministry committed to Pastor Chris rested on it.

As in #4 above, one out of the twelve apostles chosen by the Lord Jesus was a thief (John 12:6). Anyone would have had cause to accuse the ministry of Jesus because one of His apostles had such a sad reputation; but that did not stop the ministry of saving the lost in the name of Jesus Christ, did it??

Wherefore, brethren, may we be gracious enough to let this matter rest; and rather rejoice that one case of suspected stolen money will NEVER diminish the preaching of the Gospel. By this, I am not in the least encouraging crime (high or low); but in a spirit of thankfulness, let us seek and think on those things which glorify the interest of God's Kingdom.

[center]Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults - Psalm 19:12.[/center]

Bless all.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by mellow(m): 6:11pm On Mar 05, 2007
Thank you so much. Well said

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Reacts To New Nigerian Passport With 'Herdsmen' Inscription / 5 Dangerous Signs Your Pastor Is A Fake / See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.