Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning (45732 Views)

Fish Eats Drowned Guy At Elegushi Beach (PHOTO) / See What Was Seen At Abeokuta Ogun State Today (photos) / See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by UmericanGirl(f): 5:06pm On Sep 28, 2012
That's a Naija Turtle not a Ninja Turtle!
Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by desthan(m): 5:17pm On Sep 28, 2012
those legs i see wearing two left sides of bathroom slippers won't even think twice about eating that poor thing even if it was poisonous. . .
Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by lagcity(m): 5:17pm On Sep 28, 2012
I don tire for my kontrymen I swear. That turtle right there is a treasure. You see a turtle that's probably older than your great grandfather and all you can think of is peppersoup. cry

1 Like

Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by lagcity(m): 5:21pm On Sep 28, 2012
Bo-large:
PLS DO NOT KILL HIM OOOOOOOOOH! NA MY COUSIN OOOOOOOOH!

HE CAME FOR MY NAMING CEREMONY AND THANKS GIVEN FOR SUNDAY.

I BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEG OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

eeeeyyaaaa! too late bro. RIP to ya cousin. When is the funeral service?
Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by tlops(m): 5:27pm On Sep 28, 2012
Obe de!

I hope they freed the poor animal.
Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by omoredia: 5:37pm On Sep 28, 2012
The appropriate agencies should attend to this. That is a giant turtle and is an endangered species. I hope it still alive. Hopeless dark hearted nigerians! *spits*
Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by blessedghost(m): 5:46pm On Sep 28, 2012
maclatunji:

They've already tied it's flippers, this one looks like pepper soup tonight. God knows how much a plate would go for. I don't know if we have laws protecting this animal but if not, let those who want it eat it. grin

Get used to it! tongue
mac, what if they take it to the zoo, is that not a good thing?
Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by Shaw007(m): 5:49pm On Sep 28, 2012
GARRI~ WARLORD:

Rubbish..absolute rubbish.. So you think before the whites came to africa,there was no traditional medicine in africa.. Ask yourself why many people are now embracing traditional medicines as opposed to mordern ones.. So you think an african brain is just dumb and thinks nothing but food abi.. Do you know how many local medicine men/doctors in naija who have discovered the cure for "aids" which was created by ur almighty white man to make money...
Stop worshipping the people who planned all our problems.. If you worship the whites as your god,keep it to yourself.Dont come here and say rubbish...
The i..diot who brainwashed you did a good job,cos i can see the damage is irreversible....
Nice one. . .Nailed it!!
Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by blessedghost(m): 5:52pm On Sep 28, 2012
tlops: Obe de!

I hope they freed the poor animal.
tlope na question be that?, them go don chop the poor animal since morning, just forget it. Its gone
Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 28, 2012
If this was the last sea turtle on the surface of the earth, Nigerians will still eat it.
Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by Shaw007(m): 5:56pm On Sep 28, 2012
ehie: Mr,the whitemen may have exploited us i agree,but what the whiteman doe not understand,he studies,
what the African does not understand he throws always,no self control in its place instant gratification...

did the native doctors have a cure for elephantiasis in the olden days?
yes they had herbs but it was mainly by fluke that they got their cures,secondly before you went from your village to another village what did you use,didnt you trek,didnt it take days and days,now you can go by air and road,if the whitemen had been africans we would still be wearing leaves up and down,
young lady what are you saying?? These white ppl are d largest killers of wildlife. . .and i mean ever!! All these civilisation u are on about will soon be our doom. . .do u know how many turtles and and animals have been killed world-wide due to climate change?? And don't ever think that the animals they research on don't die,d population of sharks reduced last year by well over 2million due 2 'reasearch and study' and hunting for food by these sae white ppl(National geographic) . . .trust me,the white man has done more damage to this worldthan Good,u don't do things that contradict d set of nature and hope 2 live forever,one thing white ppl think they can do,it doesnt work that way
Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by Shaw007(m): 6:00pm On Sep 28, 2012
tevinsolt: damn Nigerians they'll eat just about anything they see smh........they should let it go
maybe that's why we can't even boast of an amazing wild life in this country like fathers like sons
av u ever been to the yankari?? Even some whites cannot boast of that
Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 28, 2012
Sometimes "daily bread" come as turtles

Wey the tomatoes and pepper? tongue
Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by Shaw007(m): 6:07pm On Sep 28, 2012
holums: Dis turtle should be taken to d zoo.......but many Nigerians
are hungry citizens I'm sure they would av eaten it.....it is only
in Africa that we don't value d lives of animals
i'v been waiting for sometin like this!! AFRICA is by far!!! By far!!! I mean with sometin like a 50million(animals) margin the largest home of wild-life,with serengeti(tanzania-kenya) as d largest park in d world,watch more of National geographic,most of their shows are either in set kenya/tanzania/south africa or other parts in afriq. . .no one preseves wild-life more than africa man!!

but if one animal con dey form strong-head,swim reach where my brothers-in slippers dey,hehehgringrin
Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by fiftynaira(m): 6:14pm On Sep 28, 2012
See better meat oooHHH!!! This will go down well with palm wine.
Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by Guardian(m): 6:17pm On Sep 28, 2012
BY all means necessary This hand made of God must be returned unharmed and intact to the sea.

If you can't reproduce it don't eat it. Not all that looks like food should be taken as food.

1 Like

Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by harizonal123(m): 6:30pm On Sep 28, 2012
Some guys here r talking about keeping it 4 research purpose.The only research naija people can very well, is to know weather the meat make sence or not inside our mouth. Which every one already knows the result. RIP poor turtle wey waka miss.
Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by ifyann002(f): 6:35pm On Sep 28, 2012
Giant sea turtle,whale... sharks wat nx
Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by desthan(m): 6:35pm On Sep 28, 2012
Guardian: BY all means necessary This hand made of God must be returned unharmed and intact to the sea.

If you can't reproduce it don't eat it. Not all that looks like food should be taken as food.

!!coughs!! bro don't get me wrong, but what do you mean by the bolded

i'm sure you eat chicken, does that mean you can reproduce it
Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by tpia5: 6:39pm On Sep 28, 2012
Wow, its huge.

Are turtles normally found in oniru beach, or did this one miss its way.
Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by tpia5: 6:41pm On Sep 28, 2012
omoredia: The appropriate agencies should attend to this. That is a giant turtle and is an endangered species. I hope it still alive. Hopeless dark hearted nigerians! *spits*

Over a turtle?

Why cursing out nigerians, gosh.
Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by tpia5: 6:47pm On Sep 28, 2012
Kakatazz: Please they should either let it go or take it to the oba's place and preserve it for tourism.

Well, they can do that.
Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 28, 2012
They should leave it alone/take it to a zoo, not kill and eat it! angry angry angry
Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by Teenaba(f): 7:01pm On Sep 28, 2012
pyyxxaro:

Nooooo ? THEY RAPE IT grin shocked tongue grin

Please!!! You don't MOLESTATION something. You MOLEST it. You are supposed to use a verb, an action word. Please take note. I am tired of seeing such usage on nairaland already!!!
Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by ezeonline2(m): 7:11pm On Sep 28, 2012
Oh! Poor turtle. 4 naija here,they either eat am or use am do juju. Naija no de carry last 4 dat one
Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by pearlhapi(f): 7:16pm On Sep 28, 2012
Teenaba:

Please!!! You don't MOLESTATION something. You MOLEST it. You are supposed to use a verb, an action word. Please take note. I am tired of seeing such usage on nairaland already!!!
I think the guy is just joking!its obvious na
Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by maclatunji: 7:27pm On Sep 28, 2012
blessedghost:
mac, what if they take it to the zoo, is that not a good thing?

Actually, the correct thing to do is to check what the problem with it is in terms of its health. If it is healthy return it back to the sea.

However, I can't blame hungry Nigerians for pouncing on it for food as long as they haven't broken any law. We cannot always agree now.
Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by 19naia(m): 7:28pm On Sep 28, 2012
when a rare occur of turtle washing up to shore,it is there to lay eggs and i hope this turtle was able to lay eggs before it was tied up..otherwise the turtles will be no more/extinct...In my home state,it is illegal to even touch a turtle and after many years of that law,we see turtles every day,everywhere and they swim among people as if nothing to fear...

2 Likes

Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by DidiLove1: 7:37pm On Sep 28, 2012
ehie: am sure it has been killed and eaten,
Nigerians are gluttons if na oyibo,they would keep it for research,but Nigerians will just eat it.

How sure are you that it has been eaten, or you just want to say something silly.
Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by JimmyBoy1: 7:51pm On Sep 28, 2012
I guess it must have been eaten by now, but if by fortune it is still alive they should please take it to a zoo, and pay-off the guy who caught it.
Re: Giant Sea Turtle Seen At Oniru Beach This Morning by Scissorshand(m): 7:54pm On Sep 28, 2012
The Senate Presido: ''Those in support of eating this scintillating,exotic and delicious bushmeat of the sea, say Aye! Those against, say Nay! The Ayes have it. Please, pepperise the chest and liver,to go along with 3 bottles of stout, for the Senate Presido. Yes! We are working, our piggy bank,ehm,sorry,our Nigeria no go break.Ko ma lo beeee...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's The Worst Thing You Ever Did Under The Influence Of Alcohol? / A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl / Young Men Turn Gutter Into Swimming Pool (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.