Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University (89541 Views)

See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking / Babcock’s Best Graduating Student Has Never Kissed A Man / I Need The School Fees Details For Covenant University Or Any Other Private Uni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by nobodiee: 4:52pm On Jan 26, 2007
Guardian, Schmadian!! Come on now, we both know those papers lie half the time, I have heard a million and one stories about some people that I know that were just ridiculous. I just wanted to clear that up sha, cuz it DID NOT HAPPEN and it's just a joke, when I read this, I called her and told her and we just laughed, it's quite hilarious cuz she hearself never even heard it!! Don't believe everything Nigerian newspapers tell you,

@ Gamine, I know quite a few people at covenant o!! What year are you? lol, I have not seen the school physically but I should be there over the summer. I have heard great things. Some rules might be a little too much, but the students get an education and get out fast, that beats most universitites over there!!

Lol, but you guys should take it easy nowww, ahn ahn, life is good o!!

Peace,
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:56pm On Jan 26, 2007
nobodiee:

but the students get an education and get out fast, that beats most universitites over there!!

Like I said that's pretty much the only good thing about having to deal with such retarded rules.
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by nobodiee: 4:58pm On Jan 26, 2007
lol, ok o!!
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Seun(m): 5:00pm On Jan 26, 2007
Yes. And as private university, one can't really complain about their policies if one was aware of them before joining.
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Gamine(f): 8:45pm On Jan 26, 2007
@Nobodiee
im in 400level ooh
Atleast im almost thru wiv the school, its a nice place tho
@Seun
Abi ooh, we knew the rules before we entered yet we still complain , i guess its human nature after all!

TOH, still so much angst, eyahh **Wish i could help**
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by mololu: 8:24pm On Jan 28, 2007
point of correction seun,i dont know which is better from babcock and convenant o.but babcork is definately not the best private uni.BOWEN UNIVERSITY is SURELY the BEST.the only schl that has thougt that there is no where on earth ACHIEVEMENT comes berofe HARDWORK except in the dictionary-yeah GODLINESS and EXCELLENCE.
yes o am a product of the best private uni in NIGERIA. and am proud to beeeeeeeee.
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:33pm On Jan 28, 2007
cool, so what are the rules of Bowen?

and please dont lie cos I'll find a way to find them out.
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by bosoilah: 8:16am On Jan 29, 2007
well, i'm goin 2 babcock feb 1 and i av friends who are there and they said the skul was cool and they said the rules just cover up everything thet goes on and as for covenant, i also heard the same thin.d fact is rules just cover up everyfn that atually goes on. i don't know d best but their fun but d rules suck!
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by ope(m): 9:41pm On Jan 29, 2007
Covenant is far better.
I was a covenant university studen but i am now in babcock and there is no comparision whatsoever C.U is way better. The only thing that intrigues people about babcok is thier phones and social life which is very minute compared to the HUGE academic and job opportuinty differences. Imagine over 300 job opportiunities for the first graduants even before they graduate. Pls people dont be sentimental. C.U is way better.
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:52pm On Jan 29, 2007
then why did you move to Babcock?
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by ope(m): 9:58pm On Jan 29, 2007
i had a problem i got sent out thank 2 d stupid rules
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Pheonix: 8:50pm On Feb 03, 2007
Dafizee,
Hope you finally found a school,
Both schools are quite alright but you might want to check in a
federal institution if you really are interested in an engineering course.
Private schools are not usually the talk of town when it comes to technical courses.

Believe me,  I have seen a situation where a brova got turned because
he is a product of Computer Tech.
in one of these schools. They just don't have it when it comes to the sciences, 
they will get there,but gradually.
All the best.
Cheers

I graduated from Babcock University.
Babcock students can hold their own any day any time irrespective
of the restrictions they had. lf anything, l think some of these rules
actually help.
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Gamine(f): 3:48pm On Feb 07, 2007
Covenant university is totally alright

i cant say i enjoy all the rules but it is really OK smiley smiley

Proud Hebronite i am, yeah!! grin

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Mystique(f): 4:47pm On Feb 08, 2007
A 'University' should'nt have 'Secondary School' rules . . . . . undecided

But if i had to pick the best private Uni in Nigeria, it will have to be Igbinedion University, Okada kiss

(At least, they dont have outrageous rules)
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Gamine(f): 9:04pm On Feb 08, 2007
So university is only about the rules
what happened to the academic aspect

i know secondary schools that allow phones, so u cant say its a 'secondary school rule'
choose whatever u like but this thread is about, CU and BU
and CU rules!

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by marhoatumu(m): 2:13pm On Feb 10, 2007
what is the world turning into today, universities make rules to improve you morally in life and otherwise and they are referred to as secondary schools, or is that what now makes universities good nowadays, the lack of rules. in other words, the more lawless the university the better it is? KAI!!. i'm a proud hebronite and thought the rules bite you every once in a while, at the end of the day you know that it is for your own good

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:16pm On Feb 10, 2007
stop being foolish. How is telling people that they cant have cell phones "improving you morally"

All universities have rules, just some have rules that are ridiculous and have nothing to do with why you're there in the first place.
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Gamine(f): 5:26pm On Feb 10, 2007
@Marho.
dont mind all these 'odes'
that cant reason

"if u dont kno the beginning of smthing, how will u kno the 'now' of that thing"
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:51pm On Feb 10, 2007
shouldnt it be "know" with a "w"

maybe instead of concentrating so hard on the "morals" of the students, they should actually make sure they can write in complete sentences and correct English before graduating.  cheesy
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Gamine(f): 5:55pm On Feb 10, 2007
And i knooooo i can write better english than those wey dey the english man contri sef

shouldnt it be "know" with a "w"
Maybe u shld concentrate on putting ur apostrophes were they ought to be , cheesy
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:56pm On Feb 10, 2007
TOH
Why are you always correcting people's english?
If you understand what they are trying to say, whats the harm?
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:46pm On Feb 10, 2007
Gamine:

Maybe u shld concentrate on putting your apostrophes were they ought to be , cheesy

should be "where"

Jos, why are you always putting your nose where it doesnt belong? For the most part I DONT know what they are trying to say. You are all screaming about being most educated/being in the best school yet the way most of them write is no better than an illiterate nomad
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:47pm On Feb 10, 2007
Maybe I have a secret crush on you tonguegrin, but honestly why you always correcting people's spelling as if you never make grammatical errors.
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:48pm On Feb 10, 2007
I only do it to people that annoy me. wink
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:51pm On Feb 10, 2007
Well you do it to me, that would mean i annoy you? sad
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:41pm On Feb 11, 2007
JosBoy4Lif:

Well you do it to me, that would mean i annoy you? sad

at times. Like when you get in the middle of my fights with retarded members. tongue
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Gamine(f): 6:24pm On Feb 11, 2007
Because person go yankee, nawa ooh~~~she come dey put all kin abuse for here,

should be "where"
lol, u can always get them, trying so hard to proove 'smart', lol Rotflmao

I only do it to people that annoy me.
~~cant touch me~~
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:30pm On Feb 11, 2007
lol you must have a problem with me being in The States Gamine, you constantly mention it anytime we talk.

Does it really bother you that much? Rofl.

If you stop being a retarded cunt with bad vocabulary, I'm more than willing to do the visa lottery for you so then you can stop running your mouth. Keep in mind it's not paradise, o  wink
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Gamine(f): 6:36pm On Feb 11, 2007
the problem i have with u being in the States is u drumming up evry word u heard in the ghetto where u stay,
if i thot it was really important to be in the States, i would have already gone there before u could evn locate murtala mohammed international airport
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:40pm On Feb 11, 2007
Try again and this time speak English.
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Gamine(f): 6:53pm On Feb 11, 2007
~~~**oh Lawdy, i should hav guessed this TOH was a nut-case!! shocked**~~

~~ :okai!!, u beta come back to Naija and seek help~~

~~Covenant University is a good start wink cheesy~~
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:58pm On Feb 11, 2007
"oh lawdy", does Covenant allow you people to take His name in vain like that?

anyway I already graduated from a university where English was actually a requirement so Im gonna have to pass on your invite.

Thanks though! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

COVID-19: Japanese University Conducts Graduation Ceremony Using Remote Robots / JAMB releases Mmesoma Ejikeme original result / As Undergraduate Student, Your Phone Gallery Is Filled With Something Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.