Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University (89761 Views)

See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking / Babcock’s Best Graduating Student Has Never Kissed A Man / I Need The School Fees Details For Covenant University Or Any Other Private Uni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Stilettos(f): 8:33pm On Feb 11, 2007
;d
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:33pm On Feb 11, 2007
why would you write Jamb twice if you didnt fail
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Gamine(f): 8:39pm On Feb 11, 2007
the first time, i was still in sec sch, we just took it to see if we cld make it
the second time,when i finished
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Stilettos(f): 8:40pm On Feb 11, 2007
some people write jamb to see how they do Thiefofhearts
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Stilettos(f): 8:42pm On Feb 11, 2007
gamine so what university are you in now?
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:43pm On Feb 11, 2007
I see.

Then again I still wonder why I took Neco after my Waec. waste of time and money.

edit: lol Stilettos, have you been readng this thread at all
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Gamine(f): 8:44pm On Feb 11, 2007
Stiletto, u havent been following the thread
im in Covenant
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Stilettos(f): 8:47pm On Feb 11, 2007
no i havent , anyway with the way this place operates, ppl change topics like the wind so i just had to ask. No harm in asking
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Gamine(f): 8:53pm On Feb 11, 2007
people change topics like the wind
lol, very true
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by nobodiee: 10:08pm On Feb 11, 2007
lol, so this thread is still going, shocked
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by texazzpete(m): 9:55am On Feb 12, 2007
nobodiee:

lol, so this thread is still going, shocked

Yup! Still going strong. Go with the program and grab some popcorn. this is gonna be entertaining, !
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by texazzpete(m): 9:56am On Feb 12, 2007
Can't somebody put three dots in this forum without it turning to a comma? Sheesh!!
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by hurleykk(m): 1:27pm On Feb 21, 2007
whats going on? anyway i dont think there is any basis for comparism, i mean between covenant and babcock, my sis actually finished from babcock 2005, and i finished from covenant july 2006. first talking about finance, babcock use their school fees to do major projects which makes them boast of limited projects , but covenant has enough money to spend on projets and thats what makes NUC accredit almost all of her courses, whichever way covenant is far better than any other private school in Nigeria apart from the absurd rules and regulations and also the eye service of some of her staffs, it can be reputed to be the best university in Nigeria. by the way, germaine let me know ur real name as u pose to be a fellow dude in C.U dont worry im not muyiwa fadugba.
you could call me on this num 080 419 419 77
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Gamine(f): 8:12pm On Feb 21, 2007
Hurley
its Gamine
im not a 'dude' neither am i posing
my real name, Chill
08041941977??
419 two times, i thot u were supposed to be in Hawaii, undecided

don't worry im not muyiwa fadugba.
lol
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by naijafan(m): 3:05am On Feb 23, 2007
@hurley
ki lo n so?

@texazzpete
put a 'space' between the dots. like this . . . wink
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by lolo(m): 10:15am On Mar 16, 2007
babcock university is the best and am proud to be a graduate from the school, u need 2attend BU. and experience the difference.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by georget(m): 7:53pm On Mar 16, 2007
Both of them are on the same level.
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Christino(m): 9:13pm On Mar 16, 2007
It's sounds funny 2 me, most CU peeps can't spell Convenant without missing the first n.

Neways, I've met quite a few CU grads (pre NYSC) and they can't stand up 2 my benbele 200L Knowledge, maybe I met the dull ones (they have 2-1's believe me) but they ain't know jack.

A school where papa's children get to lecture? I run down o grin Papa's univ, 98th best in the world? Says who sef? Arrangee again grin

Infrastructure wise, Convenant is it, and they have some courses BU doesn't, like Archie. My sis is in 300L in CU, she says it's d best anyway, but I say BU is the best also so who cares?

It's pure misyarning 2 say CU is better than BU. CU is a good school anyway, but I think we should wait for another 5 years before coming 2 a conclusion.

Kudos to the social life in BU and to all the rappers and producers; JRS, Godkulture, Demphis, Rogueman, Alfred, Bembs, Phizzle. . .

CU couldn't rock shocked, what a pity embarassed

To all the students of the true keepers of the laws of Moses, children of the sabbath,of granola and of wheat bread, of Collins and Mama Demerit, of Makinde and of the Mango Trees. Miss y'all. Homebuoy XSI saying Sh*t out here. And don't forget "a b*** in hand is worth two in the b**" wink
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by GFSTEACHER(m): 4:56pm On Apr 20, 2007
I’m a BU graduate and this is my take on this issue. First, we know that higher education is still in a bad shape, probably even worse than it was before the private universities came on board in 1999. So instead of the intolerable mudslinging that the private universities are currently engaged in, we should concern ourselves more with collaborating to right the wrongs that higher education in Nigeria has become over the years. A prominent Nigerian has referred to BU as the “flagship and hope of higher education in Nigeria.” But I believe that neither BU, nor any other private University, can singly provide all the solutions to the problems of higher education in Nigeria.

It behoves us to show humility to improve our weaknesses, and maturity in flaunting our excellence, and reach out to each other, because we cannot afford to fail Nigeria, and the world, again.

Secondly, all those who refer to BU and CU as ‘glorified secondary schools’ are, to say the least, lousy ingrates. We cannot afford to forget the way our education system has faired. These schools are Christian institutions. Universities, yes, but Xtian universities. To say that they should not promote Christian principles would be most unfair. It were better they did not exist. For goodness sake, the church has to be the church.

“Glorified secondary schools?” but they are putting out some of the best minds in the labour market today. The industry is feeling it, the family and yes, the society.

More so, a great university is not all about glistering edifices and elegant rhetoric. A powerful education must seek to identify the needs of society, and harness intellectual resources to meet those needs. We must give a future to the youth. We must champion hope for our distressed nation. And if BU, CU or any other private university for that matter is not so focused, then they’ve got no business being on the scene.

As for the federal and state universities, pls call off the strike, let’s talk it over, and let’s move forward.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:35pm On Apr 20, 2007
What concerns the principles of Christianity with using a phone?
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by busygirl(f): 11:01pm On Apr 20, 2007
I can say babcock is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than covenant. I am ex-student of babcock and believe me, I love the school! unlike those in Convenant suffering and smiling. Believe it or not Babcock is  still the best private university in nigeria, Academically, morally and also in terms of religion,  If you haven't been there you won't know what it means to be a student of that great institution!
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by davidt(m): 9:06am On Apr 21, 2007
B.U  is abt quality nt quantity. CU has infrastructure in terms of buildings but BU produces the best combo of intellectual, academic, social and spiritual human machines in Nigeria. This is becos the acad. stdard in BU is way ahead of the stdard in CU.
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by busygirl(f): 10:15am On Apr 21, 2007
yOu're right! cheesy
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by akinwunmi(m): 12:24pm On Apr 21, 2007
Thinking how stupid to create a thread CU vs BU when this nice one is here

ThiefOfHearts:

What concerns the principles of Christianity with using a phone?
Who knws why the OLORIOKO stopped the use of fones not to mention collecting EXIT before you can go home.

from all have read and heard, its kind of hard for CU students to defend themselves.Why?

More Info needed on BU plz
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by GFSTEACHER(m): 9:23pm On Apr 22, 2007
I insist, stop fighting. I dont know why CU outlawed phones, but for the othr rules, you'd better choose to keep them. Pls take not: ABSOLUTE FREEDOM KILLS. By the way, BU is selling forms now. ask fo more info,
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Ayd: 12:59pm On Apr 23, 2007
Am proud to belong, there is no prvt uni like BU
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by akinwunmi(m): 2:31pm On Apr 23, 2007
@GFS and AYD.
Guys i need all da info you can give.Lets start wiv where i can get the form and at what price,when the Extrance exam is gonna hold and if possible how to get past questions.Thanks
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Kenny(m): 6:18pm On Apr 23, 2007
Up till now I dont know why there should be a debate.
Visit BU, visit CU, other private universities, and other govt. universities.

Babcock won a lot of awards even from N.U.C. recently.

You dont need to have more than you can chew. The simplicity and Good Design Philosophy of Education of Babcock University make it higher than others.

Someone once said that one prophetess who lived btw 1827 and 1915, had seen that this Babcock will be great, and they are following her advice concerning how to run educational schools.

1st position: Babcock University
2nd position: Covenant University
3rd position: Other private universities
4th position: Government universities
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by boraddo(m): 4:25pm On Apr 24, 2007
[size=14pt]BABCOCK UNIVERSITY
, proud to belong[/size]
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by tunrexdj(m): 7:58am On Apr 30, 2007
ITS A PITY YOU GUYS ARE COMPARING SCRAPS.BABKOK IS bleeped AND COVENANT IS MESSED UP.SIMPLE!
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Mailyemo: 10:27am On Apr 30, 2007
I tink all school re equal.
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Mailyemo: 10:30am On Apr 30, 2007
I tink all school re equal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

JAMB releases Mmesoma Ejikeme original result / Lecturer Connects Laptop To Projector & His Wallpaper Is Female Course Rep / First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.