Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead (28803 Views)

Alhaji Gawat Is Still Missing A Year On / ALH ABDUL LATEEF ADEGBITE CON, PH.D; A Tragic Loss Of An Illustrious Exemplar / Why The Titles Alhaji And Alhaja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by lincoln123: 10:49am On Sep 29, 2012
Maxymilliano: Boko Haram just lost a rare gem and an unlikely defender, but like someone said "Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is to smile back"

Animal!!!, if you don't know what to say, rather keep your useless mouth locked

1 Like

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 29, 2012
fankasibe:
pls ar u a geography student in Heaven university? Ur grammer is hair blowing faaa...
No, I am a god, And an offspring of Cosmic Energy.
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by adyby(m): 10:52am On Sep 29, 2012
From Him we came and unto Him we shall return!
May Allah grant Alhaji Adegbite forgiveness of all his shortcomings and make aljanat fridaus his final abode, Amin.
I saw Alhaji last in 2003 at Internation Conference Centre, Abuja during MSSN at 50th and Alhaji Tajudeen who started MSSN. Well, both of them are dead now and in the hands of Allah, I pray Allah to make their death a rest for their souls, amin.

2 Likes

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Wizeboy(m): 10:55am On Sep 29, 2012
I am always amazed at the level of Religious bigot on Nairaland especially among the so-called Christians. Later on, is this set of religious bigot people that will be saying Muslims are intolerance.

Instead of condoling the deceased and his family, they are busy raining curses and abuses.... who is now showing how intolerance and uncomfortable they are with their belief. All this bigot comments will only make Muslims be more firm to their faith and also be very proud that they are in the religion that non-Muslims are really jealous of.

As a Muslim, you don't need to respond to all these bigot comments but rather read Qur'an 109: 1 - 6 for them.

QURAN 109: 1 - 6 says:

Quran 109:
1. Say (O Muhammad (SAW) to these Mushrikûn and Kâfirûn): "O Al-Kâfirûn (disbelievers in Allâh, in His Oneness, in His Angels, in His Books, in His Messengers, in the Day of Resurrection, and in Al-Qadar)!
2. "I worship not that which you worship
3. "Nor will you worship that which I worship.
4. "And I shall not worship that which you are worshipping.
5. "Nor will you worship that which I worship.
6. "To you be your religion, and to me my religion (Islâmic Monotheism)."

Alhamdulilahi Robil Alamin

Maa Salam

9 Likes

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Klin1(m): 10:57am On Sep 29, 2012
Inna lilahi wa ina ilayhi rojihun.
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by onatisi(m): 11:00am On Sep 29, 2012
fankasibe: Many Christians on NL no get sense..... ur fore-fathers who died as idol worshippers are in Heaven or Hell?
i truly understand ur feelings and anger towards those irrational and rash comments and it is the mod here that is to blame for not hidding them but most of the condemnations of those stupid statements have been from christians on this site.it is only a lunatic with hereditary mental illness that will and can only be making stupid remarks about a persons death.we christians preach love and not hatred tht is why we are against those comments.whatever evil this man has done is between him and God and not for us to mock his death

1 Like

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by 2fine2fast(m): 11:03am On Sep 29, 2012
angry angry angry RIP Sir. Blessed are the peacemakers.....xtian or muslim..
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by lauyanAbuja: 11:04am On Sep 29, 2012
Nigeria has lost a rare gem. May Allah give Al Jannah Firdaus.
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Smooyis(m): 11:04am On Sep 29, 2012
Great man has departed. Even as a christian i see this man as a man of peace. The type of muslim we nee in nigeria. He stood for the unity and oneness of naija. We will surely miss him. May his soul rest in peace. Amen
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Wizeboy(m): 11:07am On Sep 29, 2012
onatisi:
i truly understand ur feelings and anger towards those irrational and rash comments and it is the mod here that is to blame for not hidding them but most of the condemnations of those stupid statements have been from christians on this site.it is only a lunatic with hereditary mental illness that will and can only be making stupid remarks about a persons death.we christians preach love and not hatred tht is why we are against those comments.whatever evil this man has done is between him and God and not for us to mock his death

If the Mod here start hiding those comments, they are the set of people that will start raining abuses again that there right of freedom is been infringed. I think is now time Maclatunji should stop hiding those comments, they are only showing how intolerance they are and I am sure, they will be tired one day when nobody is giving them attention again.

My religion teach me to tolerate whatever people say, Lets us imbibe that culture from now on, lets show them we can tolerate whatever curses and abuses they throw at us. May Almighty Allah give us that strength to be able to tolerate more and more.

My religion is a religion of peace and I AM VERY PROUD TO BE A MUSLIM.... tongue tongue tongue

Maa Salam

3 Likes

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by SlyIg(f): 11:08am On Sep 29, 2012
asholism: adegbite's death; a great lost 2 d nation. Adegbite's contributions 2 peace keeping in dis country is unmeasurable. may his soul rest in perfect peace as I pray Allah shud grant him al-janaat firdous.
If this man was truly peaceful in contrary to d Muslims believe,the dead boko haram may have to lock him out of reach of the 72virgins in Heaven. I pity him.

1 Like

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 29, 2012
Chinom: Nigeria has no business being a member of the OIC. 'nuff said.

True talk my brother. My question to this dead man is this : did he use his 'good' office to fight for justice and religious evils commited by muslims and boko haram? NO.

If u followed his statement well, u will kno that he tacitly supported boko haram violence.

The lesson here is that no matter how long we lived on earth, we will all die one day and answer to our God and Creator

1 Like

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by rafaha(m): 11:14am On Sep 29, 2012
lestat: Inna lillahi Wa inna ilaihi Rajioon.

O Allaah, forgive and have mercy upon him, excuse him and pardon him, and make honorable his reception. Expand his entry, and cleanse him with water, snow, and ice, and purify him of sin as a white robe is purified of filth. Exchange his home for a better home, and his family for a better family, and his spouse for a better spouse. Admit him into the Garden, protect him from the punishment of the grave and the torment of the Fire.’

‘O Allaah, forgive our living and our dead, those present and those absent, our young and our old, our males and our females. O Allaah, whom amongst us You keep alive, then let such a life be upon Islaam, and whom amongst us You take unto Yourself, then let such a death be upon faith. O Allaah, do not deprive us of his reward and do not let us stray after him’.

‘O Allaah, so-and-so is under Your care and protection so protect him from the trial of the grave and torment of the Fire. Indeed You are faithful and truthful. Forgive and have mercy upon him, surely You are The Oft-Forgiving, The Most-Merciful’.
Amin

‘O Allaah, Your servant and the son of Your maidservant is in need of Your mercy and You are without need of his punishment. If he was righteous then increase his reward and if he was wicked then look over his sins

Amin

1 Like

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 29, 2012
SlyIg:
If this man was truly peaceful in contrary to d Muslims believe,the dead boko haram may have to lock him out of reach of the 72virgins in Heaven. I pity him.
u have the traits of a sociopath,one of these traits is the lack of empathy towards anyone else but ur self,no need to insult you only pity u cos u are sick,ur mind is diseased,i can only offer u my condolences

2 Likes

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by rafaha(m): 11:20am On Sep 29, 2012
rafhell: Exit of a religious bigot and a boko haram apoplogist.
He had the chance and office to speak agaonst boko haram but he never did.

Why are you so parochial, with all the condemnations from every prominent muslims, did Boko haram stop bombing? get good life!
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by dominique(f): 11:28am On Sep 29, 2012
Kenistry: Never heard of him. Wht's is contributn to dis nation sef? Insignificant as far as am concern, He even made d front page at dat. Tribalism at work here.

so its the people you know personally that merit front page abi?

@Topic
May Allah grant him Al-jannah Fridaus.
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by stagger: 11:31am On Sep 29, 2012
Probably the only muslim I will ever respect. Had a PhD as far back as 1965. Speaks volumes of his person. I just wish he could have contributed more to the fight against Boko Haram, but then, he was old and ailing.
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Koachdee(m): 11:33am On Sep 29, 2012
DO NOT BE DECEIVED! HIS SOUL CAN ONLY REST IN PEACE WHEN HE DIES A CHRISTIAN...
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 29, 2012
adyby: From Him we came and unto Him we shall return!
May Allah grant Alhaji Adegbite forgiveness of all his shortcomings and make aljanat fridaus his final abode, Amin.
I saw Alhaji last in 2003 at Internation Conference Centre, Abuja during MSSN at 50th and Alhaji Tajudeen who started MSSN. Well, both of them are dead now and in the hands of Allah, I pray Allah to make their death a rest for their souls, amin.

Amin!
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 29, 2012
Koachdee: DO NOT BE DECEIVED! HIS SOUL CAN ONLY REST IN PEACE WHEN HE DIES A CHRISTIAN...

Am a xtian but it's a disservice to Christianity to have people like you in its fold.
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by kossko(f): 11:40am On Sep 29, 2012
RIP
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Amalaaba: 11:45am On Sep 29, 2012
May Allah forgive him his sins and grant him Al-Jannah Fridauh.

May Allah protect his possessions (Life and life-less) and may his name never erase from this world.

Great loss to humanity and Nigeria. Adieu!

Amin!
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by maclatunji: 11:47am On Sep 29, 2012
dominique:

so its the people you know personally that merit front page abi?

@Topic
May Allah grant him Al-jannah Fridaus.

Ameen.
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by BabaOlowo: 11:47am On Sep 29, 2012
Kenistry: Never heard of him. Wht's his contributn to dis nation sef? Insignificant figure as far as am concern, He even made d front page at dat. Tribalism at work here.

So sad some people still live in the Dark, guess u must be a Small Boy!

Anyway, Alhaji Lateef Adegbite has lived a great life, He was a Lecturer in the faculty of law, Unilag for so many years and he has served Allah with all he has on Earth. I pray Allah grant him an eternal rest!
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by onatisi(m): 11:58am On Sep 29, 2012
Koachdee: DO NOT BE DECEIVED! HIS SOUL CAN ONLY REST IN PEACE WHEN HE DIES A CHRISTIAN...
i wonder if ur own soul will rest in peace.
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by naz207(m): 12:03pm On Sep 29, 2012
warrior01: So this man ended up not dying a christian; may baba GOD have mercy on his soul
must every one die as a christian,the man was an honourable muslim and lived by his words
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by naz207(m): 12:04pm On Sep 29, 2012
Inna Lilahi wa Ina ilaihi Raajihuna
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by tnktosin(m): 12:04pm On Sep 29, 2012
profola2be:
just as your own name doesn't ring a bell,even in schools.lol
just joking.
he was the secretary General of OIC,He was a devoted muslim,who loved peace.even when some Islamic fantics preached crises,he preached peace and said things in a peaceful manner.
what a great loss to the Muslim world,and Nigeria.
grin grin TX 4 helping out.
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by otokx(m): 12:22pm On Sep 29, 2012
Dem no dey tell madman say rain dey fall
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 29, 2012
Hmmmm. Going tru various comments here makes me weep for this country. So people can be this irrational, giving bad comment abt a deseaced person? Anyway, i call on all my muslim brothers and sisters to ignore any negative comment abt islam and muslims. Let's stop being confrontational as far as religious issue is concerned. The moment u stop paying attention to this hypocrites, they will stop the blasphemy. May Almaigthy Allah over look the shorthcomings of the deseased and grant him Aljanat Fridaus.

1 Like

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Welder(m): 12:57pm On Sep 29, 2012
RIP Baba Adegbite. I was his friend, his little friend in the bank. I was fascinated by him and his free nature... Never looked or judged one even though he knew I was Ibo and catholic. He trusted my judgement and always followed my advice. Rest In Peace Baba

May your soul rest in peace. I know you will make heaven, you really do have the trappings of a saint.

N/B: Gutted by the bigots here.I pray for your forgiveness and deliverance as you are only ignorants.

5 Likes

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by jamil2(m): 2:14pm On Sep 29, 2012
Allah ya jikan Sa ya kuma tabbatar masa da Jannatul-Firdaus makomar sa Ameen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Snoop Dogg And Ice Cube Joined Islam / Lodge Your Complaints Here / #EndSARS: Protests, Demonstrations And Civil Disobedience In The Light Of Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.