Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead (28800 Views)

Alhaji Gawat Is Still Missing A Year On / ALH ABDUL LATEEF ADEGBITE CON, PH.D; A Tragic Loss Of An Illustrious Exemplar / Why The Titles Alhaji And Alhaja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by true2god: 3:09pm On Sep 29, 2012
Koachdee: DO NOT BE DECEIVED! HIS SOUL CAN ONLY REST IN PEACE WHEN HE DIES A CHRISTIAN...
I am a xtain but i must say u just talked rubish. R u God? U better mind the way u address the dead.

May his soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by mikron(m): 3:29pm On Sep 29, 2012
warrior01: So this man ended up not dying a christian; may baba GOD have mercy on his soul
lol
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by roshmedia(m): 3:59pm On Sep 29, 2012
May Allah forgive him, spare him of his excesses, overlook his defects, multiply his deeds, sustain his legacies, support his family, replace him for the Ummah and unite Muslims on his effort for the Deen.

2 Likes

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by IYANGBALI: 4:18pm On Sep 29, 2012
ehie: hope someone yawns,when they hear of your death
Shut the fok up. Where is your sense of humour?
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Limaoscar: 4:20pm On Sep 29, 2012
all dis jst because he said d truth?
D Truth is actually bitter to folks like ya.

What Rubbish truth did He say? As a Christian, I am completely ashamed to be associated with people like you. How do you know what the Muslim Leaders' sins where and that He did not make peace with God in His dying bed.

Pukkah was VERY CORRECT and more matured in His comments as a Muslim (I believe He is), He was gracious enough not to go toe-to-toe with your buddy in His fo.olish and insensitive utterance like most others will do.
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Mujitapha(m): 5:14pm On Sep 29, 2012
toba: just heard on ogtv that Alhaji Lateef Adegbite is dead. he's on till his death Secretary-General of the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-SlQgXPKMxVA/T-NyGA-bgbI/AAAAAAAAEfg/r_-Dad3KleA/s400/adegbite.jpg[/img]

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/09/28/lateef-adegbite-is-dead/
mikron: lol
toba: just heard on ogtv that Alhaji Lateef Adegbite is dead. he's on till his death Secretary-General of the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-SlQgXPKMxVA/T-NyGA-bgbI/AAAAAAAAEfg/r_-Dad3KleA/s400/adegbite.jpg[/img]

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Mujitapha(m): 5:15pm On Sep 29, 2012

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by JaaizTech: 5:18pm On Sep 29, 2012
I CAN'T REMEMBER SEEING MUSLIMS RAINING INSULTS ON CHRISTIAN LEADERS ON NAIRALAND; IT IS ALWAYS THE CHRISTIANS WHO BANG INTO MUSLIM DISCUSSIONS TO INSULT. ALLAH HAS ALREADY WARNED US ABOUT THE CHRISTIANS : "THAT THEY WOULD NEVER REST UNTIL YOU JOIN THEIR RELIGION (CHRISTIANITY), THEY WOULD ALWAYS EXPLOIT ALL AVAILABLE MEANS TO SPITE ISLAM AND MUSLIMS". IT REALLY SHOWS HOW DEEP THEIR HATRED IS, SO MUCH THAT THEY COULDN'T EVEN MUSTER THE DECENCY TO RESPECT THE DEAD. THIS IS A MAN WHOM HAS DONE NO WRONG TO ANY OF THEM. MAY ALLAH SHOWER HIS MERCY ON THE SOUL OF ALHAJI LATEEF ADEGBITE, AND ADMIT HIM INTO PARADISE.

2 Likes

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by tpia5: 5:24pm On Sep 29, 2012
^ stop disturbing yourself unnecessarily over what you're reading on the internet.

Everybody posts their opinion on the web, and not everyone who posts, will do so in a manner you approve of.

I wonder what you have to say about the constant ethnic clashes here then.

And like i pointed out earlier, adedibu received mostly curses when he passed on from many internet users, but nobody worried themselves about that.
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by tpia5: 5:25pm On Sep 29, 2012
In any case, i'm sure the mods may probably descend on this thread sooner or later, abi no be muslim section?

Besides, the thread itself was opened by a christian, many christians have themselves rebuked other christians who they feel didnt post appropriately, so what is upsetting you again?
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by juman(m): 7:07pm On Sep 29, 2012
Hiss
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by fapcrook(m): 8:15pm On Sep 29, 2012
May Almighty make paradise your final resting place. Ameen. People are saying good things abt u after death. This goes a long way. RIP
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by talk2me006(m): 8:24pm On Sep 29, 2012
Koachdee: DO NOT BE DECEIVED! HIS SOUL CAN ONLY REST IN PEACE WHEN HE DIES A CHRISTIAN...
That ur own thought, right !
mumu
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by fapcrook(m): 8:26pm On Sep 29, 2012
warrior01: So this man ended up not dying a christian; may baba GOD have mercy on his soul
. U are just senseless. I pray Almighty open your heart before d day comes when u wont be able to use your hand to type this. Amen. RIP to a peace lover
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by VolvoS60(m): 9:49pm On Sep 29, 2012
I generally avoid threads on religion because of the intense feelings that come with posts on such threads. But i will make an exception here.

I last heard Alhaji Adegbite speak at a public function late last year. It was clear he was getting on in years but he still attended the event to discuss public policy with other Nigerians.

I must state here that I am not a supporter of some of the views Alhaji Adegbite held while he was alive. The majority of posts here on this thread have been charitable (which is not a bad thing) but in my view a sense of balance or proportion on the life and times of the deceased is lacking. And it is only fair that we put these things in proper perspective.

An example will suffice. Some of us still remember the so-called "Miss World" riots of 2002 and the fatalities from those riots. We still remember the "fatwa" imposed by a Nigerian politician/Islamic cleric? on a journalist with Thisday newspapers for comments she made in an article allegedly blaspheming Prophet Muhammad. The violence and deaths from those riots (clearly instigated by Islamic preachers in Abuja) should have drawn strong, unequivocal condemnation from Nigeria's Islamic clerics. This did not happen. Instead, Alhaji Adegbite (and others) indirectly made excuses for the perpetrators of the violence. To this day, i am not aware of the prosecution and conviction of those responsible. If anyone has information which proves otherwise, kindly let me know.

Alhaji Adegbite was also remarkably consistent in his description of Nigeria as a multi-religious society rather than a secular one - a distinction he repeatedly made at every opportunity. However, there is nothing to show that this distinction was being made for the common good and not for more sinister reasons. At the heart of Nigeria's problems with religious fundamentalism is the conflict between religious law and Nigeria's constitutional law. The ability of an Islamic cleric to arbitrarily impose a death sentence (without recourse to Nigerian law courts) on a fellow Nigerian (and a non-muslim at that) embodies this struggle for supremacy between muslim law and Nigerian law. And this test of wills will remain a recurring decimal in Nigeria's political equation. It is not going to go away.

In my view, Alhaji Adegbite's constant references to the multi-religious nature of Nigeria were for one reason only: to challenge the primacy of Nigerian constitutional law and subtly present Islamic religious law as a competing alternative with full jurisdiction over the lives of ALL Nigerians. In my book, this places him in the same league as the late Sheik Abubakar Gumi and Dr Datti Ahmad whose views are well known to those who have been following Nigeria's turbulent religious politics for a while.

I expected more from him.

1 Like

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Audukaya: 9:59pm On Sep 29, 2012
how can he died worshipping 3 gods instead of one GOD.May his soul rest in peace ameeen.we are proud of him.
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Oti4truth: 11:47pm On Sep 29, 2012
@warrior01. If we are to call a spade a spade warrior01is a fool of the highest order.
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Oti4truth: 11:51pm On Sep 29, 2012
U are also a fool.
Limaoscar:

What Rubbish truth did He say? As a Christian, I am completely ashamed to be associated with people like you. How do you know what the Muslim Leaders' sins where and that He did not make peace with God in His dying bed.

Pukkah was VERY CORRECT and more matured in His comments as a Muslim (I believe He is), He was gracious enough not to go toe-to-toe with your buddy in His fo.olish and insensitive utterance like most others will do.
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by ayinba1(f): 12:45am On Sep 30, 2012
May Allah forgive him.

1 Like

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by omoobajeje1(m): 6:49am On Sep 30, 2012
Must u know him. A man Į̸̸̨§ dead and instead of u 2 pray 4 his gentle soul 2 rest I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ peace u are there saying dis rubbish. Honestly u are a fool. Big fool.
Kenistry: Never heard of him. Wht's is contributn to dis nation sef? Insignificant as far as am concern, He even made d front page at dat. Tribalism at work here.
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Simplepton: 12:15pm On Sep 30, 2012
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 30, 2012
VolvoS60: I generally avoid threads on religion because of the intense feelings that come with posts on such threads. But i will make an exception here.

I last heard Alhaji Adegbite speak at a public function late last year. It was clear he was getting on in years but he still attended the event to discuss public policy with other Nigerians.

I must state here that I am not a supporter of some of the views Alhaji Adegbite held while he was alive. The majority of posts here on this thread have been charitable (which is not a bad thing) but in my view a sense of balance or proportion on the life and times of the deceased is lacking. And it is only fair that we put these things in proper perspective.

An example will suffice. Some of us still remember the so-called "Miss World" riots of 2002 and the fatalities from those riots. We still remember the "fatwa" imposed by a Nigerian Islamic cleric on a journalist with Thisday newspapers for comments she made in an article allegedly blaspheming Prophet Muhammad. The violence and deaths from those riots (clearly instigated by Islamic preachers in Abuja) should have drawn strong, unequivocal condemnation from Nigeria's Islamic clerics. This did not happen. Instead, Alhaji Adegbite (and others) indirectly made excuses for the perpetrators of the violence. To this day, i am not aware of the prosecution and conviction of those responsible. If anyone has information which proves otherwise, kindly let me know.

Alhaji Adegbite was also remarkably consistent in his description of Nigeria as a multi-religious society rather than a secular one - a distinction he repeatedly made at every opportunity. However, there is nothing to show that this distinction was being made for the common good and not for more sinister reasons. At the heart of Nigeria's problems with religious fundamentalism is the conflict between religious law and Nigeria's constitutional law. The ability of an Islamic cleric to arbitrarily impose a death sentence (without recourse to Nigerian law courts) on a fellow Nigerian (and a non-muslim at that) embodies this struggle for supremacy between muslim law and Nigerian law. And this test of wills will remain a recurring decimal in Nigeria's political equation. It is not going to go away.

In my view, Alhaji Adegbite's constant references to the multi-religious nature of Nigeria were for one reason only: to challenge the primacy of Nigerian constitutional law and subtly present Islamic religious law as a competing alternative with full jurisdiction over the lives of ALL Nigerians. In my book, this places him in the same league as the late Sheik Abubakar Gumi and Dr Datti Ahmad whose views are well known to those who have been following Nigeria's turbulent religious politics for a while.

I expected more from him.
very well composed. the man was gentle but subtly wanted a sharia rule entrenhed in Nigeria
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by lekanwj(m): 9:28pm On Sep 30, 2012
Religious intolerance at play. I am sure if Jesus were to be around now he will wish him RIP and not pass deregatory comment on the dead.
May he rest in peace in paradise Amin
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by olawaletaiwo(m): 5:04pm On Oct 01, 2012
Olorun ada awon omo re si oooooooooo
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by olawaletaiwo(m): 5:22pm On Oct 01, 2012
ok
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by BarexB: 6:56pm On Oct 01, 2012
RIP Dr Lateef Adegbite. Distinguished Kings College Old Boy, Founder Muslim Student Society MSS (1954). He was a sÿmbol of peace

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Snoop Dogg And Ice Cube Joined Islam / Lodge Your Complaints Here / #EndSARS: Protests, Demonstrations And Civil Disobedience In The Light Of Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.