Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,605 members, 7,770,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:55 AM

Gaming facts thread. - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Gaming facts thread. (10701 Views)

Gaming Online Using Your Phone As A Hotspot. / Is OUYA The End Of Playstation, Nintendo And Xbox Gaming Domination? / Building A Gaming Pc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gaming facts thread. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 27, 2012
Lord reed is hilarious! grin

@ 190 I got your message.
You can edit your post now.
Next time PM me.
Re: Gaming facts thread. by Mynd44: 11:04pm On Nov 27, 2012
Lmao

2 Likes

Re: Gaming facts thread. by Nobody: 1:09am On Nov 30, 2012
grin
Re: Gaming facts thread. by LordReed(m): 7:36pm On Dec 01, 2012
Ever wondered what happens to Leon's cool leather jacket in Resident Evil 4? It inexplicably disappears after the scene in the village. Well, on the PS2 version, go through Ada's side-quest and one of the Ganado villagers will be wearing it.

1 Like

Re: Gaming facts thread. by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 01, 2012
Lord_Reed: Ever wondered what happens to Leon's cool leather jacket in Resident Evil 4? It inexplicably disappears after the scene in the village. Well, on the PS2 version, go through Ada's side-quest and one of the Ganado villagers will be wearing it.

grin

wow...
i wonder if it was on purpose or a glitch...
anyways...thanks bro. smiley
Re: Gaming facts thread. by Noctis(m): 8:11pm On Dec 01, 2012
I return 15 pounds lighter and several shades darker but apparently now i rhyme.
Re: Gaming facts thread. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 01, 2012
Noctis: I return 15 pounds lighter and several shades darker but apparently now i rhyme.

Missed you!! kiss
Re: Gaming facts thread. by Noctis(m): 9:37pm On Dec 01, 2012
Good to know. I've also missed you, person i know only on the internet.
Re: Gaming facts thread. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 01, 2012
Mr. Wiseazz. tongue

@topic:

Re: Gaming facts thread. by Noctis(m): 10:28pm On Dec 01, 2012
If you're bored...we can talk. About games and stuff. My yahoo id is ----. Add me up and we can chat.
Re: Gaming facts thread. by Nobody: 12:18am On Dec 02, 2012
wink
Re: Gaming facts thread. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 02, 2012
Guys check out my walkthrough thread. smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/983870/list-helpful-walkthrough-channels#11353817

it's gotten over 1,000 views which is pretty impressive for this section. grin
Feel free to add to it too!! smiley
Re: Gaming facts thread. by Noctis(m): 9:26pm On Dec 02, 2012
Managed to semi-hack my vita. Old schooling it with Dissidia and Monster hunter.
Re: Gaming facts thread. by LordReed(m): 12:30am On Dec 03, 2012
Noctis: Managed to semi-hack my vita. Old schooling it with Dissidia and Monster hunter.

Oh! How I miss playing Dissidia. Do you have 1,2 or both?

Dissidia Fun Fact:

In one Mognet message, Mogstache kind of takes a shot at which other staple creature in the series?

Chocobo. Mogstache shares his knowledge of all the different Moogles in the series. In one letter he says that one day Moogles will have their own game, better than some "dumb old" racing or dungeon adventure.
Re: Gaming facts thread. by Nobody: 12:38am On Dec 03, 2012
smiley
Re: Gaming facts thread. by Noctis(m): 6:55am On Dec 03, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Oh! How I miss playing Dissidia. Do you have 1,2 or both?

I have both but i'm playing 1. I got so good in duodecim that i could beat hardest level chaos with ease even without Iai strike. I was, and remain the king.
Re: Gaming facts thread. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 03, 2012
[size=18pt]What you may not know about Pac-Man cheesy cheesy[/size]

culled from: http://jennysnoodle..com

- On May 22, 1980, the Japanese gamemaker Namco installed the first Pac-Man machine in a movie theater in Tokyo.

- Game designer Toru Iwatani created Pac-Man with the ladies in mind. Historically, most video games were aggressive and targeted toward men, so Iwatani planned Pac-Man around the concept of "Let's have girls in game arcades."

- The name Pac-Man comes from the onomatopoeic eating sound paku-paku often heard in Asian cartoons ("paku" is the Japanese sound for "chomp"wink.

- Originally, the Japanese game was called "Puck-man," but American arcade owners were concerned that vandals would chip off part of the "P" to create an "F" (forming a common expletive). ( grin grin grin grin grin grin)

- Pac-Man's shape emerged after Iwatani removed one slice from a pizza. ( grin grin)

- In the initial version, instead of eating white dots, Pac-Man ate cookies

- The game idea of eating power-pellets and powering up to defeat the evil ghosts was inspired by Popeye eating spinach to defeat Bluto. The business world has adopted a similar strategy, known as the Pac-Man defense; this occurs when a defending company protects against a hostile takeover by swallowing the larger company.

- In 1999, 33-year-old Billy Mitchell of Florida navigated through the game's 256 boards to become the first player to achieve a perfect Pac-Man score—3,333,360.
Re: Gaming facts thread. by LordReed(m): 9:24am On Dec 04, 2012
Noctis:

I have both but i'm playing 1. I got so good in duodecim that i could beat hardest level chaos with ease even without Iai strike. I was, and remain the king.

I gave my PSP away b4 duodecim came out and I was looking forward to it. I feel like buying another PSP.

@Topic
"Who needs a real doctor when you got my machines and their scary needles?" Dr. Ned may have gone a little overboard and created a whole island of zombies, but he is "totally not" the doctor from the original storyline. Sure he looks similar, but Dr. Ned has a mustache... on the outside of his surgical mask. What is the real doctor's name?

Dr. Zed. Dr. Zed is in charge of the Medical Vending Machines, which sell Insta-Health Vials, Healing Kits, Class Mods, and Shields. In "The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned" add-on, the "Dr. Zed" vending machines have been altered to "Dr. Ned" versions by adding the mustache and taping an "N" over the "Z" in the name.
Re: Gaming facts thread. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 04, 2012
grin grin
Re: Gaming facts thread. by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 12, 2012
Epic moment: walking into and exploring Hyrule fields for the first time in Zelda Ocarina of time. My #1 game. That game was enchanting.

My fav game character MUST be OG Loc from San Andreas. Fake a** wannabe rapper was hilarious!
Re: Gaming facts thread. by Nobody: 3:29am On Dec 13, 2012
Flytefalls: Epic moment: walking into and exploring Hyrule fields for the first time in Zelda Ocarina of time. My #1 game. That game was enchanting.

My fav game character MUST be OG Loc from San Andreas. Fake a** wannabe rapper was hilarious!

lol yeah he was a trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQBllqvxMl4

I remember that interview he had with "Lazlo".
It was HILARIOUS!! I'll try to find it on youtube! grin
Re: Gaming facts thread. by Nobody: 3:31am On Dec 13, 2012
Re: Gaming facts thread. by Nobody: 3:36am On Dec 13, 2012
[size=28pt]OG Loc facts: [/size]

[size=13pt]"As 50 Cent was originally intended to provide the voice for Carl Johnson, OG Loc is thought to be modeled after rival rapper Ja Rule (aka Jeffery Atkins) as a sign of mockery. It should also be added that both Ja Rule and OG Loc bear similar first names.

OG Loc was voiced by Jonathan "Jas" Anderson."[/size]

source: http://grandtheftauto.ign.com/wiki/Jeffery_OG_Loc_Martin

Damn that's messed up. lipsrsealed grin grin
Re: Gaming facts thread. by Bawss1(m): 9:42pm On Dec 13, 2012
Lovely thread here.

1 Like

Re: Gaming facts thread. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 13, 2012
*Kails*:

lol yeah he was a trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQBllqvxMl4

I remember that interview he had with "Lazlo".
It was HILARIOUS!! I'll try to find it on youtube! grin

OMG I love you for this!! OG LOC BAYBEH!!!

1 Like

Re: Gaming facts thread. by Nobody: 3:19am On Dec 14, 2012
Bawss1: Lovely thread here.

thanks!! cheesy

Flytefalls:

OMG I love you for this!! OG LOC BAYBEH!!!

grin grin
Re: Gaming facts thread. by Noctis(m): 5:25pm On Dec 19, 2012
Flytefalls: Epic moment: walking into and exploring Hyrule fields for the first time in Zelda Ocarina of time. My #1 game. That game was enchanting.

You too? I spent the first few weeks in stupid kokiri forest or town or whatever. I actually thought that was all there was to the game.
Re: Gaming facts thread. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 19, 2012
Noctis:

You too? I spent the first few weeks in stupid kokiri forest or town or whatever. I actually thought that was all there was to the game.
Omg that deku tree! Yes, entering hyrule fields was amazing!
My favourite place was the forest temple just because of the music alone smiley.

1 Like

Re: Gaming facts thread. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 19, 2012
witnessing two awesome gamers bond,
brings imaginary tears to my eyes!! cry grin grin
Re: Gaming facts thread. by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 19, 2012
*Kails*:
witnessing two awesome gamers bond,
brings imaginary tears to my eyes!! cry grin grin
Lol staring at ever lasting RPG's have fried our tear ducts forever. *imaginary cries with you*
Re: Gaming facts thread. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 19, 2012
Flytefalls:
Lol staring at ever lasting RPG's have fried our tear ducts forever. *imaginary cries with you*

yes! yes indeed!!

pass the controller...i mean kleenex!! crygrin grin
Re: Gaming facts thread. by Noctis(m): 7:46pm On Dec 21, 2012
Did you ever attack the chickens? Please tell me you did.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Football Manager Mobile 2018( Real Names And Club Logos) / What's Your Favorite Game Genre? (Photos) / Football Manager 2009 "fm 09"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.