Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image (18527 Views)

Picture Of Obama On The Rampage In Search Of Osama / Two Indian Girls Arrested Over Facebook Post / New Prophet - Takes Mohummad Apart - Tears Down Koran, Hadis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 30, 2012
hope this does not spread like the you tube posting?

Muslim protesters have attacked Buddhist villages in Bangladesh, after an image said to show a burnt Koran was posted on social network site Facebook.

Witnesses said angry crowds set fire to homes and temples in the Cox's Bazar district, forcing families to flee.

A curfew has been imposed and security forces are patrolling the streets.

The man accused of posting the image is in protective custody. Police say he was tagged in the photo but did not post it himself.
'Premeditated communal violence'

Buddhists in the area, in south-east Bangladesh, said their possessions were stolen before their homes were destroyed.

"Before they set fire to my home, they looted everything," said resident Sumoto Barua.
Mohiuddin Khan Alamgir (C) visits a burned temple in Cox's Bazar September 30 Mohiuddin Khan Alamgir visited the scene and condemned the violence

"They took our possessions, money, gold and even computers. Then they torched the house. I am now living under open sky."

The violence erupted on Saturday and continued into the early hours of Sunday.

Hundreds of protesters are said to have rampaged through Buddhist neighbourhoods, smashing statues, burning down monasteries and attacking houses.

The violence spread to the outskirts of the port city of Chittagong, where a Hindu temple was also attacked.

Bangladeshi Home Minister Mohiuddin Khan Alamgir visited the scene and described the violence as "premeditated and deliberate acts of communal violence against a minority".

District Commissioner of Cox's Bazar, Jaynul Bari, told the BBC Bengali service the government was already helping the victims.

"We have distributed food rations for them. The army will supply more food," he said.

"We are giving them building materials. The home minister has ordered that all the homes and the temples be restored to their former condition with the funds provided by the government."

The authorities have now deployed additional security to prevent further violence and a curfew has been imposed in the worst affected area of Ramu sub-district.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-19780692

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by hardywaltz(m): 11:28pm On Sep 30, 2012
So much for the religion of peace....

21 Likes

Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by newnaira: 12:15am On Oct 01, 2012
Wow! When terrorism this stop?

1 Like

Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by Oseniade(m): 12:15am On Oct 01, 2012
God save us all...
Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 01, 2012
Where are the Saudi-deported women to join protest in solidarity?
Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by Nnamdig2(m): 12:19am On Oct 01, 2012
Why would a grown up man stil have d guts 2 say islam is peace...when they like sucking human blood evrywhere they are?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 01, 2012
Bangladesh of all places shocked

They should be thinking of solving their population problems.
Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by aryzgreat: 12:24am On Oct 01, 2012
they attack usa, they attack christians, they attack jews, they attack hindus, they are practicing religion of piss! who are they?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by Nobody: 12:24am On Oct 01, 2012
All this terrorism for an image which may not be even true....Islam is one f.v.c.k.e.d up religion i tell u, f.v.c.k.e.d up!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by khanivorous(f): 12:27am On Oct 01, 2012
Someone should wipe islam outta the surface of civilization...religion of pieces

9 Likes

Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by Nobody: 12:30am On Oct 01, 2012
Have we all forgotten this is the religion of Peace! Allihamdulilahi. Allah is the greatest. Muhammad is the best! Abi nah undecided all muslims thinks they are doing the right thing because they think 72virgins are waiting for them in paradise. Good! Thumbs up. My own 72 virgins, I just hope I have all the strenght to bleep all of them in paradise. I just hope I don't die from bleeping in paradise. May Allah save us inside paradise too.

12 Likes

Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by Nobody: 12:38am On Oct 01, 2012
bayooooooo: Where are the Saudi-deported women to join protest in solidarity?
haven't you heard they are planning to go back for the Hajj?

So Bangladesh dey follow riot? I can see that all these poor countries who have muslims have something in common!

1 Like

Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by BrutusOj(m): 12:39am On Oct 01, 2012
Waka pas jare grin
Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by Nobody: 12:40am On Oct 01, 2012
solidbroda: Have we all forgotten this is the religion of Peace! Allihamdulilahi. Allah is the greatest. Muhammad is the best! Abi nah undecided all muslims thinks they are doing the right thing because they think 72virgins are waiting for them in paradise. Good! Thumbs up. My own 72 virgins, I just hope I have all the strenght to bleep all of them in paradise. I just hope I don't die from bleeping in paradise. May Allah save us inside paradise too.

Mu he he he he he he! grin

Funny shizz cheesy
Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by miccheck57: 12:48am On Oct 01, 2012
Piss..... Piss.... Piss.... I want to piss.... Am pressed... cry

7 Likes

Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by UnitedManc: 12:58am On Oct 01, 2012
Religion of piss strikes again! Arghhh

3 Likes

Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by sapien(m): 1:02am On Oct 01, 2012
ISLAM-A-BAD!

10 Likes

Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by pneumaticos(m): 1:10am On Oct 01, 2012
most pple dont know who this vergins are...they are actualy called huri according to d koran..dont know if i got the speling right..they are ladies with the finest of faces(the french kind of face is closer) ,well placed eye brows n lashes.tall gals n not shortes.well fitted hips and moderate breast .hot legs like blond gals with tanned skin.this kind makes u ejacus without touching them as they walk by u...now imagine having 77 of them as a guy for eternity while u dont grow old or tired ..i tell u muharams na fu*cathief

3 Likes

Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by Nobody: 1:12am On Oct 01, 2012
This is serious!
Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by passionate88: 1:13am On Oct 01, 2012
hardywaltz: So much for the religion of peace....
piss...
Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by Emary(f): 1:22am On Oct 01, 2012
Just too bad!
Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by Lobolintin(m): 1:25am On Oct 01, 2012
God...wetin hapen...nah... What a religion.
Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by Nobody: 1:28am On Oct 01, 2012
pneumaticos: most pple dont know who this vergins are...they are actualy called huri according to d koran..dont know if i got the speling right..they are ladies with the finest of faces(the french kind of face is closer) ,well placed eye brows n lashes.tall gals n not shortes.well fitted hips and moderate breast .hot legs like blond gals with tanned skin.this kind makes u ejacus without touching them as they walk by u...now imagine having 77 of them as a guy for eternity while u dont grow old or tired ..i tell u muharams na fu*cathief
You don see them before? Or nah inside ur book dey explain big booooty women. Nah wah ooo. Lolzzzzzzz

1 Like

Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by pneumaticos(m): 1:36am On Oct 01, 2012
solidbroda: You don see them before? Or nah inside ur book dey explain big booooty women. Nah wah ooo. Lolzzzzzzz

got a glimbs of them once.....hop u are not looking forward for a night with the huris
Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by Jayloy: 1:48am On Oct 01, 2012
Islam is a bleeped up religion, they bomb people at the slightest provocation and still feel vindicated about it. The y parade a high deal of stupidity by using a tagline that is directly in opposition to their conduct----Religion of pisssssssssssss indeed. Its just like GEJ crecent comment n Naija being the second to USA in fighting corruption. islam is a religion of violence if you have a counter opinion state it but if you agree with give me a like.

52 Likes

Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by mike404(m): 1:58am On Oct 01, 2012
sapien: ISLAM-A-BAD!
grin
Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by mike404(m): 2:04am On Oct 01, 2012
*dhtml:
This is serious!
Wait o are you guyz serious about this 72 virgins, cuz I just can't wait to receive a Mouth Action from SAUDI virgins in ISLAM A BAD paradise gringringringringringringringrin

1 Like

Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by Madawaki01(m): 2:48am On Oct 01, 2012
May Allah 4give u all

8 Likes

Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by fittty(m): 3:12am On Oct 01, 2012
Na wah oh! All these muslims sef no dey tire.?? Haba! undecided

In between I must warm my facebook friend make dem no tagg me for any picture wey fit offend these blood thirsty muslims angry

5 Likes

Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by Gfrey6(m): 3:23am On Oct 01, 2012
Islam!!
Please can we have a real discussion
about the peace it stands for? May
God help us.
Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by amosy007: 3:33am On Oct 01, 2012
PISSLAM KILLSLAM ISLAM AGAINST THE WORLD ... THE SO CALLED RELIGION OF PISS CANT JUST ACCOMMODATE ANYBODY

ISLAM AND OTHER RELIGIONS = VIOLENCE
OTHER RELIGION EXCLUDING ISLAM = PEACE AND PROSPERITY

SO MUCH FROM RELIGION OF PISS cry

2 Likes

Re: Rampage In Bangladesh Over Facebook Koran Image by Maxymilliano(m): 3:44am On Oct 01, 2012
How come Islam is synonymous with wanton destruction and violence?

Bangladesh of all places...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kate Osamor Elected As MP For Edmonton In Uk ( Photos) / Explosion In Russian Arm Depot Caused By Internal Accident Not Ukranian Missiles / UK Considers Supplying Anti Aircraft Star Streak Missiles To Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.