Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. (24261 Views)

President Jonathan Rocks Military Uniform During Visits To troops In Mubi (pic) / Abducted Chibok Girl Found In Mubi / Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by Krucifax(m): 2:09pm On Oct 02, 2012
The BBC says the figure is 20 murdered students, Aljazeera says the figure is 25 murdered students. However a lecturer that was interviewed said that there are 40 murdered students. Apparently they were all lined up and asked their full names while some where allowed to go the remaining were machine gunned at point blank range.

I am waiting on the response of the security forces and local community. I want to see if the response of the Adamawa local residents would match that they displayed when someone made an offensive video.

Sad news!!!

3 Likes

Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by Oscaroke: 2:11pm On Oct 02, 2012
Diz is babaric, develish and complete insanity God wil punish dos dat perpertuate dis crime der wil die a mor painful death rubbbbiisshh!!!
Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by onatisi(m): 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2012
really a sad story but this doesnt seem to be bh style of operation if i am not wrong i think another terrrist group has been formed ,according to the story some of those killed are muslims,this seem to have an ethnic dimension.this is just an assumption,may the souls of those killed rest in peace and may God grant their families the fortitude to bear the pain and loss.really really sad

2 Likes

Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by agent22: 2:19pm On Oct 02, 2012
One nigeria
Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by adesbreath: 2:20pm On Oct 02, 2012
So so sad, Rip!
Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by Psylas(m): 2:21pm On Oct 02, 2012
Krucifax: The BBC says the figure is 20 murdered students, Aljazeera says the figure is 25 murdered students. However a lecturer that was interviewed said that there are 40 murdered students. Apparently they were all lined up and asked their full names while some where allowed to go the remaining were machine gunned at point blank range.

I am waiting on the response of the security forces and local community. I want to see if the response of the Adamawa local residents would match that they displayed when someone made an offensive video.

Sad news!!!
i tink dey allowed d pple wit HAUSA NAMES to leave

3 Likes

Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by mmmustapha(m): 2:24pm On Oct 02, 2012
cry cry cry I wonder wat nigeria is turning to,If you win a religious war, you cannot win a religious peace, Since the killing started how many Christians have been converted to Islam? How many Muslims have been converted to Christianity? Who r dis ppl? Y r they killing innocent soul Wat have they done R they govt officials? Goodluck u beta wake up and clean al dis militant that r killin n disturbing us, xtians n muslims let's join our hands together to to eradicate all dis violence act, we hav no other country than Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 02, 2012
Odinaka00:

Dude hav U̶̲̥̅̊ taken ya med yet? Hit yaba-left that's wher U̶̲̥̅̊ will find peepz like U̶̲̥̅̊
I hardly see yorubas schooling in d north except those who re serving ther or working, U̶̲̥̅̊ need Ť☺ first comprehend a post b4 U̶̲̥̅̊ start Ť☺ throw insults on people, keep displaying ya stewpidity on nl.....oloshi

For your information there are a lot of yoruba people who are indigenes of Mubi. Stop throwing insults around. If you don't know ask. FYI I was brought up in Mubi before you start insulting m
e.

5 Likes

Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 02, 2012
Adanyebe: lets have the pics please
pics of dead bodies ? you deranged knuckle dragging lunatic
Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by QueenAw(f): 2:26pm On Oct 02, 2012
Why can't CCTV cameras be installed at strategic places in the north? Why can't they have helicopters flying at night hovering over high security risk areas? Why can't they just freaking do something asides the bollocks we are constantly fed with? I'm no expert in national security. This is just a layman's view. Surely they can afford the costs. The governmen,t starting with Jonathan & members of his cabinet should use the recurrent expenditures that serves no purpose (other than getting them & their bank accounts fatter) to finance security in the north..
This thing they are taking for granted is a very serious matter. If care is not taken, it will spread to other parts of Nigeria and then we are all finished!! I think it's time we seek international help. Maybe it's time the military comes back to power. Afterall, the military were stealing funds & frankly, likewise PDP. Something has got to give!
Poor students. Poor us!! (Christians, Muslims, Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo, alike)

2 Likes

Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 02, 2012
ECCLESIASTICUS 39 VS 28 There be spirits that are created for vengeance, which in their fury lay on sore strokes; in the time of destruction they pour out their force, and appease the wrath of him that made them.

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 02, 2012
May their Soul R.I.P & May Almight GOD punish the perppetrator and their Core-initiator.
Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by galaxi(m): 2:35pm On Oct 02, 2012
Thank God i got relocated from that state.....there have been silent killings in that state but the government of the state keep playing all is well game.
Just pity my fellow corp members over there.The case of where corp members are posted should be looked into...ONE NIGERIA is no longer working.
Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by Spoils(m): 2:46pm On Oct 02, 2012
why can't all men have their own luga/4#/gun/mr ugly.WHY? RIP To the dead.

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by ijo4lite(m): 2:49pm On Oct 02, 2012
God save us all
Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by fhunmey101yaho: 3:06pm On Oct 02, 2012
i agree with you..
al-qaeda:

when will people start accepting that this boko haram thing is not for real. there is more to it than meets the eye.
Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by Timmy4wealth: 3:16pm On Oct 02, 2012
I tink it is high time 4 everybody to start deffending his or herself wt watever means wtout waiting for security agent. Ao i wish dose student av guns in dere homes may be dose ppl will fled. ;(;(
Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by aryzgreat: 3:19pm On Oct 02, 2012
They killed 13 igbo men dat were holding meeting for burial of their kinsmen at a go, and all the state govnor could utter was dat the 13 men fro adazinnukwu in anambra were killed for business reason, now another set of christians and "fake muslim" (according to hausa believe) have been killed in a selective manner, let the bastard state govnor come and yarn otapiapia again, bastard boko haram apologists! God will avenge all this killings! watch out for nemesis!

3 Likes

Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 02, 2012
Is this the same Adamawa which I served in?

Same Adamawa that even though I was a Christian, I was treated like a king? Same peaceful adamawa?

When did things become this terrible? God!

Boko Haram you are bastards. angry
Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by manosteel(m): 3:48pm On Oct 02, 2012
Killing students in hostels, be it Muslim or Christian is not acceptable by every standard. With a heavy heart, all I can say is f.uck u Gej, Chief of defense staff, Minister of defense, National security adviser and Police IG. I am getting mysef a gun, and from now onwards, I am now my own personal security adviser, and responsible for my own defense. You people put together cannot defend even a Cow, let alone a whole Nation. I am through with all of you. I am yet to find a suitable word for our sit and do nothing law makers, who because of lack of trust in our security apparatus, prefer to protect themselves with thugs.

3 Likes

Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by seyibrown(f): 3:59pm On Oct 02, 2012
Our Nigeria is in our hands! Politicians and Govt do nothing unless the proble affects them or their family! RIP to the victims, and God's comfort to their families!
Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by redsun(m): 4:05pm On Oct 02, 2012
War in the north.The inhabitants are at he mercy of their own peril.Spreading like wild fire across the land as a result of systematic irresponsibilities-Ignorance.
Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 02, 2012
THIS RELIGION IS SOMETHING ELSE.
EVEN THE PEOPLE THAT WORSHIP SATAN ARE NOT AS SATANIC AS THIS.
FFUCK BOKOHARAM AND THEIR APOLOGIST ( BE IT IN GOVERNMENT, ON NAIRALAND WHETHER PASSIVE OR ACTIVE ) FFUCK YOU ALL.
YOU WILL ALL DIE ONE DAY

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 02, 2012
may the dead RIP, my their attackers know no peace, right now! Let it be taken from them, let them see the faces of the students they murdered until the run mad! This all i can say.
Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by kingsceemark(m): 4:16pm On Oct 02, 2012
We're on top of the matter says federal government. We'll set up committees 2 investigate the matter. 30 million naira 4 daily sitting allowance.

1 Like

Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by Emekamex(m): 4:16pm On Oct 02, 2012
Terrible, Northern Nigerian is turning to a war zone. People are being killed for nothing, the police and politicians are doing nothing, and they say we are one. SMH for this nation.
Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 02, 2012
They are now telling us that the killing is related to students' union election ooooo.....hmm, until we know the identity of those killed and those spared before anyone can react. But if it happens that those killed are southerners then there is serious problem brewing!
Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by harizonal123(m): 4:24pm On Oct 02, 2012
Abuja - At least 20 students were killed
by unidentified gunmen in the north-
east of Nigeria, the Daily Times Nigeria
reported on Tuesday on its website. A student told dpa that the attack
occurred late Monday at a dormitory
near a campus of the Federal
Polytechnic in the city of Mubi. “Some people came from nowhere
and, when they had the door opened
for them, after knocking, they just
started shooting people,” said Mahmud
Tarfa. “According to what I was told,
they were asking for the ethnicity of the students before shooting them.” The university remains closed following
the incident. “The authorities of the school told us to
go home this morning, as the school is
being closed until the situation calms
down,” said the student. The radical Islamist group Boko Haram
is believed to be behind the attack. The Daily Times reported that
government forces had staged an
operation in the region, killing one Boko
Haram member and arresting up to 100
more. Communication with the region is
difficult, as Boko Haram members
recently knocked down most telephone
antennae. Boko Haram opposes any form of
Western lifestyle and has routinely
attacked churches and places that
serve alcohol. They often target
Christians. More than 1 000 have died
in the violence.
Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by jude33084(m): 4:26pm On Oct 02, 2012
I hope Dangote won't send (christians) as truck drivers Ť☺ τhis trouble prone areas undecided e be like say ♏ãn go make uturn o shocked
Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by harizonal123(m): 4:33pm On Oct 02, 2012
At least 26 people, mostly
students, have been killed by
unknown gunmen in Mubi, north-
eastern Nigeria. The attack took place at a student
housing area near Federal Polytechnic
Mubi in Adamawa state which, like
much of the north, been targeted by
Islamist insurgents. The town's residents say they heard
gunfire for about two hours during the
night. There are reports of men moving from
house to house, shooting people.
Others were killed with knives. The attackers asked people their
names and Christians were targeted,
many of them students. Eyewitnesses say bodies were left in
lines in front of the homes. Last month, the Nigerian military
carried out an operation in Mubi and
arrested dozens of people with
suspected links to the Islamist militant
group popularly known as Boko Haram. Boko Haram, which usually targets
politicians or security forces, has also
attacked students in the past and has
cells in Adamawa. A spokesman for the National
Emergency Management Agency said it
was not clear if the attack was carried
out by Boko Haram or if it was related
to a dispute between rival political
groups at the college.

At least 26 people were killed and an
unknown number were wounded when
gunmen opened fire at a student
residence in northeastern Nigeria
today, emergency services and a
security source said. The attack took place at the Federal
Polytechnic Mubi in Adamawa state
which, like much of the north, has been
targeted by Islamist insurgents. Police were also looking at whether the
killings might have been part of an
internal political feud at the college. The Boko Haram Islamist sect, which
usually targets politicians or security
forces, has also in the past attacked
students, and has cells in Adamawa. National Emergency Management
Agency spokesman Yushua Shuaib said
it was not clear whether the attack was
carried out by Boko Haram or whether
it was related to a dispute between
rival political groups at the college. He said police were investigating the
possibility the shootings were prompted
by a fallout between rival gangs over a
student union election on Sunday. "They think the ones who were
disgruntled might have been the ones
who were doing the attack," he said. A security source confirmed this
possibility was being investigated,
adding that security forces had raided
the residence over the weekend,
arrested some students and seized a
number of weapons.
Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by Arsenate(m): 4:34pm On Oct 02, 2012
goldylock:

For your information there are a lot of yoruba people who are indigenes of Mubi. Stop throwing insults around. If you don't know ask. FYI I was brought up in Mubi before you start insulting m
e.
sis, that's the type of ignorance I have to put up with here in lag. So many here are completely ignorant of anything outside lagos but the sad thing is that they think they know it all and can even throw insults at u if u are trying to correct or educate them, case in point the guy u are responding to.
RIP to the innocent lives

3 Likes

Re: Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. by rman: 4:37pm On Oct 02, 2012
VERY SOON, NORTHERN NIGERIA WILL GET WHAT THEY ARE ASKING FOR.

NOBODY HAS A MONOPOLY OF VIOLENCE!

I AM SO PISSED RIGHT NOW

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu / Again! Sucide Bomber Hits Maiduguri / Gombe Youths Reject Amina Abubakar-umar As Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.