Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,794 members, 7,827,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? (3745 Views)

Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! / I'm Dating My Friend's Sister But He Doesn't Know. / [Kissing] Your Partner Doesn't Know How To Kiss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Kirinwa: 1:36pm On Jul 08, 2013
Who when the hubby comes back home would prefer to buy bukka food or say, Honey am tired, I overworked today.Please can you manage the bread in the fridge? grin

Henry praise: A lady hu doesn't knw how to cook is but not limited to the lady:

1. Hu spends half a day cookin a small pot of soup. U got to be timely wit d fud.

2. Hu has cooked egusi soup for her hubby tasting same way in d last ten years (even if its sweet) a lil variety doesn't hurt.

3. Hu doesn't experiment wit cuisines.

4. Hu is gifted wit only her native meal n doesn't giv a damn about continental or baking or other local cuisines.

5. Hu doesn't knw how to serve d cooked fud to her hubby.

6. Hu doesn't knw how to buy items in d market

7. Hu doesn't knw how to manage. wink wink

Pls don't crucify me, post urs.
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 08, 2013
*Trying to Cook*
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by k2039: 6:54pm On Jul 08, 2013
Kirinwa:

Why not?That's where humility comes in.Whatever she is in the corporate world, na for her pocket o.Once she gets back she's still a wife.Ever wondered why marriages fail?
This is not humility, she just won't have the time for trivial issues like cooking.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Kirinwa: 7:08pm On Jul 08, 2013
k2039:
This is not humility, she just won't have the time for trivial issues like cooking.

Oh. Cooking is now a trivial issue? undecided God punish Satan.Forgetting that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. If I hear...
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by k2039: 7:10pm On Jul 08, 2013
Kirinwa:
Oh. Cooking is now a trivial issue? undecided God punish Satan.Forgetting that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. If I hear...

You meant the way to a gluttons heart is through his stomach

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 08, 2013
dammn once i discovered my girl friend cant cook....bam i disown am sharpely...meanwhile look into my eye ..ego dim na obi grin cool grin
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by biafranqueen: 8:34pm On Jul 08, 2013
Young ladies as you are on Nairaland you can go to YouTube and learn. My 9 year old daughter knows how to make stew and rice in fact this weekend she helped me make moi moi. It is such a joy when my husband is telling me it makes sense it makes sense on his way to the pot to fill his plate again and the children are asking me for 2 nds my sons telling me mama your food is the best. When they say thank you mama thank you papa after licking fingers with big smiles . I feel so satisfied and happy. That is part of being a women nourishing your families body.
When you feed your husband well well that makes him love you so much.
I see the difference in relationships from maids/mama / restaurants etc; cooking for husband. Cooking food is very spiritual. If someone is in bad mood cooking food and you eat it you can tell after you digest food. When you cook a food with love and happiness everyone will be in a good mood. Such is life!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 08, 2013
Learning to cook isn't hard at all, especially today. Anyone who wants to learn has an abundance of tools to do so. For a lot, the hardest part is simply getting up and doing it.
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Kirinwa: 8:46pm On Jul 08, 2013
k2039:

You meant the way to a gluttons heart is through his stomach

Even ladies here know the truth. Keep on encouraging lousiness and laziness and celebrating your ignorance too.E go soon be for you.
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by dmcdad: 10:48pm On Jul 08, 2013
k2039: I laugh in swahili, you mean she will still cook when she becomes the DG of SEC.
You need not laugh in Swahili bruv... Being the DG of SEC wouldn't stop her from being my wife for Christ sake. Would it?
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by dmcdad: 10:49pm On Jul 08, 2013
Kirinwa:

Why not?That's where humility comes in.Whatever she is in the corporate world, na for her pocket o.Once she gets back she's still a wife.Ever wondered why marriages fail?
Gbam!!! Your head is there jare...
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by dmcdad: 10:56pm On Jul 08, 2013
Kirinwa:

Chai!!! E no go better for modernisation ooooo. So na mama put I go come chop ni? Never! I'd rather remain single than go into such union with someone who will not be as humble as to carrying out her duties to the latter even when at the opium of her career.

The thing is... there is a special feeling a man gets when he eats the wife's food. And for the records, eating a tasty meal prepared by just anyone can never be compared to eating a tasy meal prepared by your wife. The bond that exist between the both of you helps you to cherish her meals more....

Na only God go help men like myself that still appreciate good ethics, morality and spirituality.
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by dmcdad: 11:01pm On Jul 08, 2013
biafranqueen: Young ladies as you are on Nairaland you can go to YouTube and learn. My 9 year old daughter knows how to make stew and rice in fact this weekend she helped me make moi moi. It is such a joy when my husband is telling me it makes sense it makes sense on his way to the pot to fill his plate again and the children are asking me for 2 nds my sons telling me mama your food is the best. When they say thank you mama thank you papa after licking fingers with big smiles . I feel so satisfied and happy. That is part of being a women nourishing your families body.
When you feed your husband well well that makes him love you so much.
I see the difference in relationships from maids/mama / restaurants etc; cooking for husband. Cooking food is very spiritual. If someone is in bad mood cooking food and you eat it you can tell after you digest food. When you cook a food with love and happiness everyone will be in a good mood. Such is life!

Thank you jare... Most girls of these days will never agree to that. How will they even have time to cook when most are always busy pinging, face-booking, WhatsApp-ing and the likes....

I pray God gives me a woman that deserves me and not one that would shorten my life-span....

God help us all...
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jul 08, 2013
dmcdad:
Thank you jare... Most girls of these days will never agree to that. How will they even have time to cook when most are always busy pinging, face-booking, WhatsApp-ing and the likes....

I pray God gives me a woman that deserves me and not one that would shorten my life-span....

God help us all...

I think the right prayer should be for God to give you the woman you deserve..... that is fair

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:08am On Jul 09, 2013
She should go and jump into a well!
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Godson201333(m): 1:10pm On Jul 09, 2013
I cannot marry nor date a lady that cannot cook,I dont wanna starve till death and its only useless,spoilt brat that won't know how to cook..
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 09, 2013

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by dmcdad: 3:15pm On Jul 09, 2013
sanb: There’re some ladies who just don’t know how to cook at all.....

On the other hand, there’re ladies who say they know how to cook; but you’re better off avoiding the food; cos it’s either there’s too much salt, it’s too watery or it’s too dry etc……

Looking at it from another angle, there are ladies who have grown up where there was a cook employed in the household so there was no need to learn how to cook. But it is only the WISE ONES that'll still want to learn even though the cook exists; and they eventually become experts…..

To crown it all, a lady who knows how to cook is like a jewel to her spouse...... cool
Gbam!!!
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by MrsChima(f): 8:13pm On Jul 09, 2013
Godson201333: I cannot marry nor date a lady that cannot cook,I dont wanna starve till death and its only useless,spoilt brat that won't know how to cook..

The same way you eat as a single man is the same way you eat when you are married.

Where do these kids come from

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by MrsChima(f): 8:15pm On Jul 09, 2013
Thank God for the men I know!!!
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Mynd44: 9:03pm On Jul 09, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

The same way you eat as a single man is the same way you eat when you are married.

Where do these kids come from
From the village na
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by MrsChima(f): 11:10pm On Jul 09, 2013
Mynd_44:
From the village na

Ahhhwewh....I see.
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by cycline404(m): 11:27pm On Jul 09, 2013
OP... In fact i owe my baby big..... She learns everything even come to my office for lunch sometimes..
She noticed i love one particular soup that calabar prepare... I was suprise the day she cooked it for me... She learn it from the woman with 15k..... So sweet....

But that day the money plenty sha....
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Nobody: 2:39am On Jul 10, 2013
Men do not always know how to eat angry undecided angry
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Nobody: 4:56am On Jul 10, 2013
dmcdad:
Chai!!! E no go better for modernisation ooooo. So na mama put I go come chop ni? Never! I'd rather remain single than go into such union with someone who will not be as humble as to carrying out her duties to the latter even when at the opium of her career.

The thing is... there is a special feeling a man gets when he eats the wife's food. And for the records, eating a tasty meal prepared by just anyone can never be compared to eating a tasy meal prepared by your wife. The bond that exist between the both of you helps you to cherish her meals more....

Na only God go help men like myself that still appreciate good ethics, morality and spirituality.

Indeed
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 10, 2013
Okkay, I never wanted to comment....bt I jusst have to...

I know how to cook (fairly) and I'm NO chef but I just don't have the passion for it...
It's a serious issue to me, I've worked on it bbut it's just not there...(I'm still trying shaaaa....)
I know as an african woman it's an important element to be a good wife....

I just pray to get overr this or marry a man that can cope with this..
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by dmcdad: 10:06am On Jul 10, 2013
BraideBraide: Okkay, I never wanted to comment....bt I jusst have to...

I know how to cook (fairly) and I'm NO chef but I just don't have the passion for it...
It's a serious issue to me, I've worked on it bbut it's just not there...(I'm still trying shaaaa....)

Yeah I hope he copes but, you should try as much as you can to fall in love with cooking. it is just too essential to be neglected...
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by repogirl(f): 11:10am On Jul 10, 2013
BraideBraide: Okkay, I never wanted to comment....bt I jusst have to...

Owkay, lemme butt in here and speak from personal experience, my hubby can cook o, when we were dating, I used to cook for fun but after marriage, for where?

I had to a huge work load and a baby to takecare of at the time so I thought he'd understand, for where?

Until he reported my not cooking for him most times to our pastor who adviced that his food is compulsory, so I just had to readjust for compromise sake.

Now, its like something normal for me, I've been able to put it into my schedule and I have another kid now so the food gets ready quite late but he has to manage it like that cos it aint easy abeg.

He cooks once in a blue moon, I don't know what it is about the kitchen that scares men sef.

So girl, b4 marriage, he might act like he doesn't send but after marriage, he might not remain the same. Different strokes sha, hope you find someone after your heart.
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2013
Yeahhh, I know it's essential...I'm working on it buut I'll deffinitely not pretend about it....
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 10, 2013
Cook in advance to save time if you dont like doing it everyday. Spend one day doing it all at once for the week. As a mother Im way more satisfied when my children have had properly prepared meals rather than something like indomie.
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 10, 2013
I love fast food!
Re: What Is Your Idea Of A Girl Who Doesn't Know How To Cook? by dmcdad: 6:24pm On Jul 10, 2013
BraideBraide: Yeahhh, I know it's essential...I'm working on it buut I'll deffinitely not pretend about it....
Yeah u don't have to pretend about it but then like I stated before, now is the time to fall in love with it. With time you would be very much used to it. Please you need to act fast and act accordingly.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help!!!!!she Suspects Her Boyfriend Is Gay. / Gay Dads Gives Birth To A Healthy Baby Boy In Us / 15 FACTS About (some) NIGERIAN Ladies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.