Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,675 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (950321 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Headlaw(m): 12:28am On Jan 04
Any WhatsApp link for beginners like me 😩
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Blohnski: 6:41am On Jan 07
Please it's a matter of urgency, what's the official migri rate (To convert my POF)so as not to enter gobe by not paying the actual amount into my account.. I hope someone respond to this.. thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sobastical: 8:57pm On Jan 07
Blohnski:
Please it's a matter of urgency, what's the official migri rate (To convert my POF)so as not to enter gobe by not paying the actual amount into my account.. I hope someone respond to this.. thanks

Its better U contact someone in Finland or just get excess into the account
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Valuable4christ: 5:57pm On Jan 10
PLEASE SOMEONE SHOULD TELL MORE ABOUT THIS Joint Application to Higher Education, Spring 2024, HOW TO APPLY AND THE REQUIREMENTS NEEDED, THANK YOU.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by kachiz(m): 12:53pm On Jan 11
Valuable4christ:
PLEASE SOMEONE SHOULD TELL MORE ABOUT THIS Joint Application to Higher Education, Spring 2024, HOW TO APPLY AND THE REQUIREMENTS NEEDED, THANK YOU.

https://www.uasinfo.fi/
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by mklemine: 6:16am On Jan 13
daseento:
Evening All,

I just won Finland Government Scholarship for 2024.

I would love to relocate with my wife and daughter but their international passport is not ready yet, can I delay the visa process till the passport is out?

I will appreciate all advice on next steps pls?

cc: pasochist
weddingparol
Oustandingmam

I would like to know what are the required to get admission to the school even they don't give scholarship

Does it required IELTS?, do you have to legalized your documents before someone can apply?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Ggetter50: 7:52am On Jan 13
The Reality of Living In Finland.

I will try to write based some common questions people are asking here.

Taxes

Someone said you pay 40% taxes in Finland. €400 from a €2000 salary. Well, in Finland, everyone doesn't pay the same tax. You pay tax based on what you declare at the tax office. When you get a job as a new comer, your employer will ask you for what is called "tax card" which you will get from the tax offer (Vero skatt). Now, before you get this card, you will be asked at the tax office to declare or estimate how much you think you are likely to earn in a year. Your tax percentage will now be set based on your estimated annual income. For example, I know someone who is paying 17% tax on €30,000 annual income.

Now, if at the end of the year you happen not to earn up to that €30,000, government will refund you back some money simply because it means you have been deducted an excess tax of 17% which is meant for that €30k and whereas you did not earn up to that. Otherwise, if you warn more than this amount that you declare, then you will be the one that will pay money back to the government. So, it is advisable to declare more money so that you won't be the one paying back some money or big tax % henceforth for the following year. Let's say, you will be earning €1500 every month, that is (€1500× 12 = €18k per year). Don't declare €18k to the tax office, it is safe to declare €25k per year.

Job in Finland

There is no doubt about institutionally racism as it is almost impossible to have an office job in Finland. The readily available job that one can do in Finland is mainly Cleaning 🧹 job. That's just the reality. In fact, more than 50% of foreigners from third countries will probably do cleaning job or have done it before - (Statistically I may not be correct). There are other jobs like delivery job (not easily accessible again), Caregiver (mostly given to Nurses), Taxi (Need a taxi licence) and IT (You must be really good at it, not really entry level o) and Dishwashing. From 2021, Finland has been chewing more than what they can consume, hence, the reason for tough time finding even cleaning job now. Holding a PhD or Finnish passport as a foreigner doesn't stop you from doing meanial job. My advice for anyone is to learn any IT skills for better remote job opportunity even while living in Finland. Europe generally is all about minimalistic lifestyle, but better welfare.

Tips: If your school fees is between 8 - €10k per year and you have no scholarship but only relying to work and pay tuition, you will likely get stressed and suffer. In fact, you may not finish that studies.

Weather

If you passionately hate cold, you will eventually hate Finland. Almost six months of winter ❄️, so get prepared for cold dark winter. Throughout last week, it was all average of -25°C. Just getting better now at -12°C.

NOTE: This post is only to save you from shock when you get to Finland. You can only tag this as a discouraging post only if you are a hater of the truth. Besides, Finland still remain one of the best countries in the world.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Chika21: 11:33am On Jan 15
Ggetter50:
The Reality of Living In Finland.

I didn't want to quote the whole thread for easy readability for other users. I've a few questions, hopefully you can answer them at your convenience:

1.) Is it that it is impossible to get entry level IT jobs in Finland?

2.) How easy is it to land the remote jobs. I know being in Europe is an advantage but I want to know if your country of origin can affect it.

3.) How high is the racism on a scale of 1 - 10, so that some of us can know what to expect?

4.) Does learning the language improve your chances of landing a job?

Thank you for your insights as I anticipate your response.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Ggetter50: 1:12pm On Jan 22
Chika21:

I didn't want to quote the whole thread for easy readability for other users. I've a few questions, hopefully you can answer them at your convenience:

1.) Is it that it is impossible to get entry level IT jobs in Finland?

2.) How easy is it to land the remote jobs. I know being in Europe is an advantage but I want to know if your country of origin can affect it.

3.) How high is the racism on a scale of 1 - 10, so that some of us can know what to expect?

4.) Does learning the language improve your chances of landing a job?

Thank you for your insights as I anticipate your response.

1 ) Impossibility is nothing, I am not fit to say something is impossible. The reality is that, it is difficult to get an entry level job in IT, you must really know what you are offering the company. I think what can make an entry level job easy is through recommendations as most jobs are still not posted online.

2 ) Your country of origin doesn't affect your IT job much, but the case is a bit different in Finland (Institutional racism). The reason is that, in a country like Estonia, I know more than 5 companies that hire black African people working in the office. Ofcos, you can get a remote IT job from America companies and co, I know someone like that.. Don't get me wrong, we still have African guys in Finland working in IT, but entry level will be difficult.. I don't doubt the power of luck here, but relying solely on luck is a gamble.

3 ) I can personally put Finland on a scale of 3, but that 3 is basically focused on the job sector for foreigners from the 3rd world nations. Average finn people will open the door for you, will firstly greet you, can offer you a help when you are stuck in the snow and so on. In fact, you will get Finnish passport once you merit the requirements, but there is much limitations to the job you can do as a foreigner.

4 ) Yes, learning and knowing the language can increase your chances of getting a better job in the skill you are proficient in, because we know many people here that speak the language very well but still doing the cleaning job.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Strydermanz(m): 1:14am On Jan 23
Good morning guys, am trying to join the telegram group, but i cant scan or join, kindly assist. I have also checked scholarship link for Finland, but most of the applications are closed already, please kindly share with me any applications that are still open or any school admitting foreign students in Finland with scholarship. thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by TMVetcare: 9:36am On Jan 31
Sir, how's the duolingo exam written sir. Is it a paid exam like Ieats or just an online exam. Pls kindly put me through on how to write the duolingo. Tx

Same here bro, trying to write the Duolingo exam first . possible we could discuss?[/quote]
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Roddy001: 10:45pm On Feb 17
Please I’m new here
How can I begin my study visa application for Finland and is it possible to study a 2 year course as an undergraduate
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Lance008(m): 3:34pm On Feb 18
Please am very new here which free school can I apply

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 8:23pm On Feb 18
Lance008:
Please am very new here which free school can I apply
Roddy001:
Please I’m new here
How can I begin my study visa application for Finland and is it possible to study a 2 year course as an undergraduate

No more free school in Finland.

I also don't think there's a 2-year undergrad course in Finland.

To start your journey, visit the website

studyinfo dot fi. Trust you understand how to type that address in your search bar
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Roddy001: 2:03pm On Feb 19
Outstandingmam:

No more free school in Finland.

I also don't think there's a 2-year undergrad course in Finland.

To start your journey, visit the website

studyinfo dot fi. Trust you understand how to type that address in your search bar

Thanks for the info if there are no free school can i get schools with 2 years study ?
If Yes Please how do i go about it.
i do not have a problem with funding and proof of fund i will try my best
i just needhelp on how to go about it
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Onorie(f): 12:12pm On Apr 11
Hello everyone,

Has any one received an admission decision from the University of Eastern Finland for the 2024 fall session yet?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by TooDapper(m): 2:19pm On Apr 13
Raregem9000:
Good morning, please if I didn't perform well in the duolingo English test on my first attempt and I wish to retake again, will I have to make payment again to retake the test?

I’m at this stage of registering for my Duolingo test but all my cards have been declined. Please how were you able to register for the test and how did you pay for the registration?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by newhere1234: 8:36am On Apr 14
TooDapper:

I’m at this stage of registering for my Duolingo test but all my cards have been declined. Please how were you able to register for the test and how did you pay for the registration?

Use dollar cards, those apps like Chipper, Grey or ask someone outside nigeria to pay for you.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by robinsonjoy: 6:28pm On Apr 18
Please is there anyone here that got admitted into Jamk bsc nursing for 2024?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by AbdulAkpan: 4:24pm On Apr 23
Hello friends, What is the possibility of studying at Vamia and working at the same time? I just saw that the daily study period is 8 to 4 pm. How can somebody work and fend for himself?

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.