Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,639 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars (16262 Views)

Nellie Mayshak, DG Of Pensions, Suspended For Alleged “billions Of Naira” Fraud / How Buhari’s TSA Saved Nigeria Billions Of Naira - Daily Times / Tinubu And Fashola In Land Scam Worth Billions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by Okijajuju1(m): 6:39pm On Oct 04, 2012
excondido:

.....and u r still displaying ur puerile behavior. smh

Still swinging around like a nutsack.. SMH
Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by taharqa: 6:51pm On Oct 04, 2012
wizecoder:

Funny country....... mining iron ore without functional steel rolling mill ....google itakpe BIF..........
Ok you thinking f export maket...? impossible without rail.... if we can fix these stuffs then we can talk of the economic value .

The Standard Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Aladja Rail track is almost ready...all the tracks have been laid( very beautiful) just remaining the navigational aids
Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 04, 2012
knotty: Without a functioning rail system from source to loading vessels, your Iron ore deposit is useless.
The logistics of moving Iron is so huge that your price will never be competitive internationally except the grade is above 60%. Where will you get that.
Besides, USA/China have some sweet Iron Ore deposit that they can completely ignore Kogi State...Where on the map is that State again?

I asked my 3year old cousin, she said I should tell you that: Kogi state is the confluence state, where river benue and niger meet.. and that kogi is close to your FCT-Abuja. She also said you can enrol in her school to learn more.
I hope that helps!!
Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by sunkoye: 6:58pm On Oct 04, 2012
grin
knotty: Without a functioning rail system from source to loading vessels, your Iron ore deposit is useless.
The logistics of moving Iron is so huge that your price will never be competitive internationally except the grade is above 60%. Where will you get that.
Besides, USA/China have some sweet Iron Ore deposit that they can completely ignore Kogi State...Where on the map is that State again?
guy u harsh ooo
Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by 30secs(m): 7:06pm On Oct 04, 2012
Arsenate: Kogi is Potentially the most naturally gifted state
Tell dem o... Later nw they will be claimin oil

1 Like

Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 04, 2012
crackhouse: which oil is urs? Aboki. If they give u that oil, do u know what to do with it?. U better enter ur room and watch the Nigerian movie u know how to watch best. Oluku
You are a very f o. o lish man.. I am from Kogi state and am not "aboki".. (aboki means friend may be you don't know). The knowledge my extended family got in 10years will cost 50years hard labour for your 4th 5th and 6th generation in your oyel rotten state to get.. And come to think of it, what help did your entire state gave in for the discovery?? absolute NOTHING.. but employ some poor indians to ride over your sorry lives while the touts and lazy wear amunitions parabolating and merry-go-rounding the empty streets professing milicraze..
Idio..ta!
Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 04, 2012
Nigeria will leave oil for the next 20yrs and concerntrate on our new found iron ore. The cost is higher than oil and it will fetch us (Nigerians) more money.
The neccessary infractracture to begin mining will be put in place for effective mining. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by Yujin(m): 7:31pm On Oct 04, 2012
This is not a new discovery. I did a term paper on it back in the days. That was the essence of the moribund Ajaokuta Steel Complex. The eyes on the oil in the old eastern region is a deliberate plan designed to fleece the region without tampering with the solid minerals(15+ of commercial quantity) scattered all over the north as long as the lopsided marriage lasts. Those from the south who think a peaceful liberation will be achieved are only dreaming. Thats why I refer to nigeria as an empire.
Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by oubi: 7:37pm On Oct 04, 2012
We don't need new discoveries. If we can fix up d ones we ђa√ع, we ar better off with em.
itakpe ws serving ajaokuta very well aπd I don't tink its ore has been exhausted. Bt wht happened.... Everytin has fallen apart.
If ajaokuta is fixed, it will employ 47,000 workers, and itakpe-10,000 workers.
Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by Emdee590(m): 7:56pm On Oct 04, 2012
Ayorh4you:

which oil do u hv Mr man? U nid 2 wake up frm ur sleep. D oil is ours (Kogi) and we gonna fight it 2 d last point. Bar.awo
thank u bro. Dia r sleeping, we own dat wel n we wl nt gona give up...up kogites in d hause

2 Likes

Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by iverson2319(m): 8:06pm On Oct 04, 2012
Kogi people self so una get iron ore come dey drag oil with anambra bytheway good news for our leaders not for citizen
Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by seunfly: 8:18pm On Oct 04, 2012
cogitoErgo: ^^^ I think apart frm America, China nd co, Ausralia is also buying part of Nigeria!

Australian economy is base on minning, that is why you will always see them in any peacefull minning countries
Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by mabcos: 8:25pm On Oct 04, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Good for them. Now they can leave our oil for us. Abi them don leave am self as the noise has ceased. cool
The discovery of iron ore does not mean our oil well in Ibaji LGA in Kogi state has vanished into your state. More oil deposits will soon be announced to your hearing.
Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by chino24: 8:28pm On Oct 04, 2012
The news just confirmed that the said Iron Ore substantially falls into Anambra state.. undecided

Unfortunately for kogi the iron ore they are about to exploit are within Anambra state..case closed.

Kogites back off from that land
Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by bigmaut: 8:40pm On Oct 04, 2012
iron-ore 4 kogi na new thing?hav some pple not had d drain pipe call ajaokuta-itakpe iron-ore b4 pls dnt post useless thread on d font page again angry angry angry
Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by ZeusI: 8:49pm On Oct 04, 2012
cogitoErgo: ^^^ I think apart frm America, China nd co, Ausralia is also buying part of Nigeria!
What part of Nigeria are you actually talking about?
Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by ZeusI: 9:00pm On Oct 04, 2012
9jagobetta: Hmm... Another curse in disguise. Almighty God remove all these natural curses from the land and leave us with agricultural blessing so that we can experience peace on this green land again. This will only make our so called leaders who are actualy dictators more greedy, more curupt and heartlessly enrich themselves to the Nation's deteriment. May God help us. AMEN.
Agriculture? Never! It has produced enough BOKO and we are okay with that. I propose God bless us with oil - Anambra oil as he remove it from other parts of Nigeria. How many farm land have you got? to begin with. You sound like a nomadic/ barbaric fulani(there are two Nigerian fulani: barbarian fulanis from illorin(SW), and Nomadic fulanis from the North.cheesycheesy
Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by Okijajuju1(m): 9:07pm On Oct 04, 2012
chino24: The news just confirmed that the said Iron Ore substantially falls into Anambra state.. undecided

Unfortunately for kogi the iron ore they are about to exploit are within Anambra state..case closed.

Kogites back off from that land

Ezigbo mmadu, Anam ekene kwa!
Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by chino24: 9:12pm On Oct 04, 2012
Okija_juju:

Ezigbo mmadu, Anam ekene kwa!

What would you have wanted me to say.. cool
Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by Okijajuju1(m): 9:14pm On Oct 04, 2012
chino24:

What would you have wanted me to say.. cool

okwu gi ku oto ka amu!
Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by ZeusI: 9:15pm On Oct 04, 2012
engineerd: My oh my......in the year 2012, the black monkeys in Nigeria still need the WHITE man to help them discover their NATURAL resources. What useless species of sub humans in that gaddamn jungle!
Hahaha... So in the year 2012, the white pigs are still under the financial servitude of Jewish Illuminati(Zionism)? A conscious slave is better than Un-conscious one dear.cheesycheesycheesy the jews are 'engineering' the mongroids and caucasian-oids into experimental implements, while they delude themselves into oblivion, No! Abyss. :p:p no white, but Jews. Lazy cu*nt.
Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by mabcos: 9:17pm On Oct 04, 2012
U better untie that naughty knott and understand that the oyinbo people 4rom Ustralia mention how well located the site is $ how its easy to reconstruct the 4ma railway that passed through there. Don't be bitterly jealous about good things. Its still our country.
Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by ebbsfavs: 9:18pm On Oct 04, 2012
Lets have a laugh! I hope somebody starts a section on the Ondo Governorship elections for unbiased people. I have a bias though, a favorite is not a question..

Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by ABsI1: 9:20pm On Oct 04, 2012
Dats my state.thankyou Jehova.we are not proud.we have land for agriculture,oil deposits,iron ore&now dis.we also have yomi awoniyi,omotowa babs,makoju,AB$I, etc.To God be the glory- up kogi,up Jesus,up Allah,up AB$I,up up Jehova
Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by knotty(m): 9:20pm On Oct 04, 2012
Dear Kogites, hear this;
I am not disparaging you. I just want the right information passed on about this Iron ore thing.
Kogi is as richly blessed with mineral resources as are other states in Nigeria, Iron Ore not being an exception or a new discovery. Obajana cement plant is not situated in that State for naught.
It is just plain worrisome and dumb Kogi, Nassarawa, Zamfara, Plateau, Gombe and Taraba have all not collectively pooled their political resources into developing one endless cash-cow nature had endowed them with. Somebody educate me on this, please..
Assuming we are at infancy as a nation and we cannot harness resources needed to create a vibrant smeltering mineral resources industry; the least we can do is export.
Now, if all these states cannot collectively clamor for a rail line that guarantees their generational wealth, then, perdition to them.
It is as simple as that.
See the distribution of Iron Ore around the world and show me Kogi there please, now or forever
countries.)[4] Country Production
China 1200*
Australia 480
Brazil 390
India 240
Russia 100
Ukraine 80
South Africa 55
United States 54
Canada 37
Iran 30
Sweden 25
Kazakhstan 24
Venezuela 16
Mexico 14
Mauritania 11
Other countries 50

1 Like

Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by ZeusI: 9:24pm On Oct 04, 2012
dridowu: Na so dy will alwayz talk, wen oil was found in 9ja i believe what dy said is it worth billlions, also all other natural resources worth billions of dollars but what can we show for it ? Everything in 9ja worth billions of $
If you have nothing to show for it; I have one: My tribe(plus me) scoops a lot of cool cash(the richest tribe in Nija without a single govt support), unlike your lazy tribe. See?
Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by mabcos: 9:31pm On Oct 04, 2012
bigmaut: iron-ore 4 kogi na new thing?hav some pple not had d drain pipe call ajaokuta-itakpe iron-ore b4 pls dnt post useless thread on d font page again angry angry angry
U have 2 read well cos there are different kinds of iron ore. This best one is the first kind in the country. Read it up again $ don't b bitter about about it.
Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by ZeusI: 9:32pm On Oct 04, 2012
Kslib:
Kai.. Na wa oh.. How many eyes do australians have? Abi na 4 eyes... So we don't even know what we have? We can't even discover what we have on our own land? God help us...
In that case,i should better start digging our backyard,who knows what i will find?.. Maybe gold or australian eyes
A hunched fool was once calling his brother a fool for being hunched,.... Have you heard the tale?
Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by knotty(m): 9:36pm On Oct 04, 2012
Going further, Kogi has a claimed 488million deposit of Iron Ore, assuming they can extract, package and are ready to export a meager 1% of that per annum, think of the logistics involved in that alone.
Your average truck will convey only 30tons/carriage. conveying 4.8mts of Iron per/annum will amount to having `160,000 trucks on the road.
Imagine that number of trucks at 1% of Iron Ore export/Kogi State alone...... joooor
Again, this Ore we talk about are STONES...pure BOULDERS. They are not precious in their raw state at all.
Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by ZeusI: 9:40pm On Oct 04, 2012
Sam Milla:

Yes, they didnt discover anything new.
Its the same way Mungo Park discpvered River Niger hundreds of years after Blacks lived along river niger basins.
Sam milla! cheesycheesy the name you chose is....lacking history studies. Mungo park did not discover River Niger, but its source. Your school fees(to me for the lecture) is Paying attention to your academic tutor while drinking Peak Milk for retentive memorycheesysmiley
Re: Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars by mabcos: 9:42pm On Oct 04, 2012
knotty: Dear Kogites, hear this;
I am not disparaging you. I just want the right information passed on about this Iron ore thing.
Kogi is as richly blessed with mineral resources as are other states in Nigeria, Iron Ore not being an exception or a new discovery. Obajana cement plant is not situated in that State for naught.
It is just plain worrisome and dumb Kogi, Nassarawa, Zamfara, Plateau, Gombe and Taraba have all not collectively pooled their political resources into developing one endless cash-cow nature had endowed them with. Somebody educate me on this, please..Wether u believe it or not, the rail across the country will soon start working and Nigeria must be added to ur purported list. So u'll soon update ur list
Assuming we are at infancy as a nation and we cannot harness resources needed to create a vibrant smeltering mineral resources industry; the least we can do is export.
Now, if all these states cannot collectively clamor for a rail line that guarantees their generational wealth, then, perdition to them.
It is as simple as that.
See the distribution of Iron Ore around the world and show me Kogi there please, now or forever
countries.)[4] Country Production
China 1200*
Australia 480
Brazil 390
India 240
Russia 100
Ukraine 80
South Africa 55
United States 54
Canada 37
Iran 30
Sweden 25
Kazakhstan 24
Venezuela 16
Mexico 14
Mauritania 11
Other countries 50

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Re-arraigns Timipre Sylva For N2.45bn Fraud / Official Launch Of The #ChangeBeginsWithMe Campaign / $195M Contract: Reps Give Amaechi 72 Hours To Produce Documents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.