Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? (1582 Views)

Man And Lady Trekking 4 GEJ Receives A New Female Partner,Man Suffers Pain(pics / EXCLUSIVE: Atiku Snubs Rochas Okorocha At The Governors Gathering(pictures) / From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by Idokojimmy: 3:23pm On Oct 04, 2012
In Nigeria today, the principle of individual responsibility the attends presidential system of Govt has been thrown to the wind, as the president takes responsibility for the actions and inactions of both the National assembly members and the Governors. Although the Governors and legislators have constitutional provisions that grant them funds ranging from Security vote, sitting allowance, constituency project allowance, severance, furniture, wardrobe allowance and so on, these people sit down in their various offices doing nothing, while exposing GEJ to severe criticism. If there is flood in your state, blame GEJ. If there is land disputes, it's GEJ, if there is no water(common water) GEJ is not working. What in your opinion are the roles of our state Governors and national assembly members? Have they performed up to expectation? Abeg make we reason o!
Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by usmanyaro17: 3:32pm On Oct 04, 2012
Walahi some people can be vey funny,its just a shallow way of blame shifting,the burden is even too much for the GEJ to carry alone,the governors and members of the National Assembly are just flexing while,GEJ takes all the blame for their non performance,we must change our orientation that the President does all things,people in the States must feel the impact of the governors before the federal govt..
Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by Noraokon: 3:56pm On Oct 04, 2012
Idokojimmy: In Nigeria today, the principle of individual responsibility the attends presidential system of Govt has been thrown to the wind, as the president takes responsibility for the actions and inactions of both the National assembly members and the Governors. Although the Governors and legislators have constitutional provisions that grant them funds ranging from Security vote, sitting allowance, constituency project allowance, severance, furniture, wardrobe allowance and so on, these people sit down in their various offices doing nothing, while exposing GEJ to severe criticism. If there is flood in your state, blame GEJ. If there is land disputes, it's GEJ, if there is no water(common water) GEJ is not working. What in your opinion are the roles of our state Governors and national assembly members? Have they performed up to expectation? Abeg make we reason o!
Personally I think that GEJs critics have been ignorant of this very fact. Redeeming the Nation from its present state is a collective responsibility.the earlier whe copy it, the better for all. Over!
Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by Joeadamu86: 4:39pm On Oct 04, 2012
The governors should take more of the blame,GEJ cannot be everywhere...
Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by Idokojimmy: 4:42pm On Oct 04, 2012
If governors perform their statutory roles, and legislators keep faith with their electoral mandate, the federal Govt will have less problem. The idea of blaming GEJ for everything is an obvious demonstration of laziness. The earlier we realize that these people also have a role to play, in the delivery of the devidens of democracy, the better for us all. It's high time we separated the roles of the president from those of the Govs and legislators.
Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by Elueme: 5:03pm On Oct 04, 2012
There are two groups of political critics of GEJ on NL.. 1. Those hirelings of ACN and same set of persons play tribal cards typical of a certain tribe in this country who feel that they only have the intellectual capacity to make things work and they religiously believe that their tribal party is the best hence why should any other party be ahead?
2. Those who doesn't really have political depth and are just carried away by anything against government probably because they expect Jonathan to help impregnate their wives or drive away bed bugs from their homes grin.
But government spans through three arms and tiers.. Nobody is holding state ,local govt and even legislators accountable and as such they shy away from responsibilities. If the same measure of criticisms against GEJ is as well directed to others I think we would have made more progress.. But for certain political biase and grand plan Nigerians will not act rightly..

1 Like

Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by 1800bc(f): 5:12pm On Oct 04, 2012
They are waiting for federal allocation
Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by MurphyT1: 5:12pm On Oct 04, 2012
i wonder o, most of them r hiding thier inadequacies under the fact that most pple tend to criticize GEJ interms of states development forgeting that govs r incharge. meanwhile gov is all abt division of labour, if some state govs perform averagely well, i believe the stress wil be less for the presidency.
Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by banki(m): 5:39pm On Oct 04, 2012
[quote author=Elueme][b]There are two groups of political critics of GEJ on NL.. 1. Those hirelings of ACN and same set of persons play tribal cards typical of a certain tribe in this country who feel that they only have the intellectual capacity to make things work and they religiously believe that their tribal party is the best hence why should any other party be ahead?
2. Those who doesn't really have political depth and are just carried away by anything against government probably because they expect Jonathan to help impregnate their wives or drive away bed bugs from their homes grin.
But government spans through three arms and tiers.. Nobody is holding state ,local govt and even legislators accountable and as such they shy away from responsibilities. If the same measure of criticisms against GEJ is as well directed to others I think we would have made more progress.. But for certain political biase and grand plan Nigerians will

Elueune i personally am offended by this statement the president has not in anyway shown that he is fit for the position he occupys, if Jonathan is your example of a leader then it goes to show the kind of person you are.

I must not come from the opposition or be a naive person politcally to see that the roads i ply very often are death traps, I lost my best friend on the Abuja Lokoja express road 3years ago, the road is still as bad as it was then and you think i shouldnt complain.

I support deregulation of the oil sector and yes if it is done rightly, Elueme the average nigerian earns about 18,500 every month how on earth did the president expect that person to feed his children and fuel his car? and survive with the sudden removal of subsidy, I have been in Abuja for years and I can confirm the wastage going on, Elueme its an insult to nigerians to say your curbing government excesses and at the same time employing a retinue of aides who realy dont add anything to the economy Its also an insult to the great people of Nigeria that phantom jobs have been created and the government comes out to claim they have created millions of jobs....

MR elueme we were supposed to have enjoyed economic advantages from the crises in the ivory coast, Gabon, Libya with the challenges in Venezuela and Mexico last year instead what we had is the government increased the price of petrol. the government is yet to answer why this regime paid the highest amount of subsidy payments ever, the government is yet to tel us why importers of products like diseal and kerosine are still being paid subsidies....how can you sit down and claim your doing well in the fight against corruption? The average nigerian listened to the president tell us how he has equipped and fixed the hospitals, but when his wife falls ill she is rushed to germany

we are not fools neither are we stupid
Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 04, 2012
Idokojimmy: In Nigeria today, the principle of individual responsibility the attends presidential system of Govt has been thrown to the wind, as the president takes responsibility for the actions and inactions of both the National assembly members and the Governors. Although the Governors and legislators have constitutional provisions that grant them funds ranging from Security vote, sitting allowance, constituency project allowance, severance, furniture, wardrobe allowance and so on, these people sit down in their various offices doing nothing, while exposing GEJ to severe criticism. If there is flood in your state, blame GEJ. If there is land disputes, it's GEJ, if there is no water(common water) GEJ is not working. What in your opinion are the roles of our state Governors and national assembly members? Have they performed up to expectation? Abeg make we reason o!

[size=24pt]IF YOU CAN’T STAND THE HEAT, STAY OUT THE KITCHEN!!!![/size] angry
Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by apala911: 6:14pm On Oct 04, 2012
True talk..... Dese Govs collect security votes and they re chief secuirty officers for their respective states, same applies to Local Govts chairmen and our legislators with various constituency allowances, dey all must take reponsibilities and be ready to work hand in hand with Mr President because dey re his eyes in deir respective capacities.
Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by Elueme: 9:44pm On Oct 04, 2012
[quote author=banki][/quote]I feel the pain you speak with. Sorry for the loss, but let me chip in that I lost a full family on the same road some years ago. Very pathetic indeed. I agreed that the states of our roads are bad but it is as a result of the failure of successive governments. This problem precedes this govt and that is the fact. You can't declare an emergency on the roads because we have no alternatives yet why the development of the rail lines are very imperative. Still on the roads, contracts for the maintainence and reconstructions of most federal roads have been awarded but works are slow because these roads are simultaneously in use. The minimum wage was #7500 before this govt increased it to #18500 though that still looks grossly insufficient but we should not forget it is over 100% increment. Subsidy debate is controversial. Government had a genuine argument for the removal but the timing is wrong. When you meet a very corrupt and criminal organized system then you will understand what the pres. Saw that made him took the decision of subsidy removal. The petroleum sector deregulation is still on. It may not work without the new PIB which has helped to lay the framework.. The passage lies with the national assembly.. To cut the story short, I perfectly agree that we deserve more than we are getting but the responsibility of good governance doesn't rest on the president only and that's the essence of this thread. This man has only spent 2 yrs in office and he has said repeatedly about his many transformational approaches. It will be wise we cooperate with himandgive him little time before judging in this ruthlessly
Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by Idokojimmy: 9:33am On Oct 05, 2012
torkaka:

[size=24pt]IF YOU CAN’T STAND THE HEAT, STAY OUT THE KITCHEN!!!![/size] angry
You just misfired. The question is, what are the roles of Governors and Legislators in our democracy. Today, these people dont construct roads, or drainages again, flood everywhere, they have abandoned provision of healthcare facilities, no infracstructures in our schools, no pipeborne or borehole water etc. They all wait for the FG to provide everything for them, yet they collect allocation and allowances every month. Think again Bro before you misfire.
Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by Idokojimmy: 10:00am On Oct 05, 2012
Pls read this
Insecurity: Hold states, local governments responsible – Shagaya

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/insecurity-hold-states-local-governments-responsible-shagaya/
Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 05, 2012
Idokojimmy:
You just misfired. The question is, what are the roles of Governors and Legislators in our democracy. Today, these people dont construct roads, or drainages again, flood everywhere, they have abandoned provision of healthcare facilities, no infracstructures in our schools, no pipeborne or borehole water etc. They all wait for the FG to provide everything for them, yet they collect allocation and allowances every month. Think again Bro before you misfire.

who gives out ecological funds? FG
who is responsible for federal roads? FG
who controls the various river basins? FG
who is responsible for the country's security? FG
who is responsible for nepa,phcn or whatever name they now go by? FG

[size=24pt]how i take misfire [/size]
Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 05, 2012
∂α† is why GEJ shud allow state police! Any state governor incapable of providin security or allow series of bombs go up, will loose his state τ̅o a military ruler for †ЂΞ remainin period/tenure. They all hide under †ЂΞ umbrella of insecurity as excuse for non perfomance ǰUsτ because FG controls †ЂΞ police. Criminals in state govt offices nations wide.
Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by Demdem(m): 1:36pm On Oct 05, 2012
Idokojimmy: Pls read this

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/insecurity-hold-states-local-governments-responsible-shagaya/

Bullshit. why should they be held responsible when they are not in charge of any security outfit whatsoever. ordinarily police, they dont. The one in charge (FG) should be held responsible not them. Thats a fact.
Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by usmanyaro17: 1:41pm On Oct 05, 2012
Demdem:

Bullshit. why should they be held responsible when they are not in charge of any security outfit whatsoever. ordinarily police, they dont. The one in charge should be held responsible not them. Thats a fact.
I thought we are talking about performance in all facets?i know you are looking for someone to blame.....but the truth of the matter is that our governors are to be blamed cos they are more closer to the people.
Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by Mallamabdul: 1:42pm On Oct 05, 2012
Jenams: ∂α† is why GEJ shud allow state police! Any state governor incapable of providin security or allow series of bombs go up, will loose his state τ̅o a military ruler for †ЂΞ remainin period/tenure. They all hide under †ЂΞ umbrella of insecurity as excuse for non perfomance ǰUsτ because FG controls †ЂΞ police. Criminals in state govt offices nations wide.
they just shift the whole work to the FG,and end up doing nothing for their states
Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by Demdem(m): 1:43pm On Oct 05, 2012
The truth is by virtue of the kind of federal democracy we are operating (IMO it is autocratic federalism), the ball falls to the Center.

All main resources first go to the center who eventually gets the Lions share. States are not even allowed to mine their own natural resources without FG controlling the lion share.
All main policies that affects the peoples lives comes from the center.
All security agencies reports to the center etc
Virtually every thing from the center. u now tell me which country practices our own kind of federal democracy.

Until this country of ours is restructured and powers given to the federating states (preferably regions) adequately (which will make them more responsible) most blames also should be directed to this center. that to me is fair.
Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by Demdem(m): 1:48pm On Oct 05, 2012
usmanyaro17: I thought we are talking about performance in all facets?i know you are looking for someone to blame.....but the truth of the matter is that our governors are to be blamed cos they are more closer to the people.

No one is saying that the governors are innocent. I am not saying that. However the governors are basically following the footsteps of the FG. Th biggest fraud in our country today is FG followed by the federating states and it will remain like that until the head is clean.

If my president feeds on 1 Billion naira for each financial year, why should it be wrong if each of the federating governors feeds on 500Million naira yearly

But u show me a governor that will feed on more than 20Million naira in a financial year if my presidents feeds on such amount. Its not possible.
The change we desire will come from the top and until the top realizes that it will start from them, we are just deceiving ourselves.
Most of the governors are frauds and its because the head itself is a fraud and thats why the head cant caution them.
Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by Demdem(m): 1:50pm On Oct 05, 2012
usmanyaro17: I thought we are talking about performance in all facets?i know you are looking for someone to blame.....but the truth of the matter is that our governors are to be blamed cos they are more closer to the people.

Then why should the FG that is far from the people have access to the bulk of the resources of the people. This is part of the abnormalities we are talking about. This whole country needs to be re-structured.
Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by usmanyaro17: 1:51pm On Oct 05, 2012
Demdem:

No one is saying that the governors are innocent. I am not saying that. However the governors are basically following the footsteps of the FG. Th biggest fraud in our country today is FG followed by the federating states and it will remain like that until the head is clean.

If my president feeds on 1 Billion naira for each financial year, why should it be wrong if each of the federating governors feeds on 500Million naira yearly

But u show me a governor that will feed on more than 20Million naira in a financial year if my presidents feeds on such amount. Its not possible.
The change we desire will come from the top and until the top realizes that it will start from them, we are just deceiving ourselves.
Most of the governors are frauds and its because the head itself is a fraud and thats why the head cant caution them.
These are just mere speculations.....
Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by Demdem(m): 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2012
usmanyaro17: These are just mere speculations.....

Which of them is speculation? Are u insinuating that the budgetary allocation for feeding in any of the government house in this country far over weigh that of the presidency? Abegii which state is that? Am interested in such a state.

Look, the governors are simply following the footsteps of the FG. The masses are helpless
Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 05, 2012
Idokojimmy: Pls read this

next time before you post an article to support your claim ensure that you have a proper understanding of the issues at hand!
how can state governors and local government chairmen be blamed for the nations poor security when they don't even control an ordinary recruit?

[size=24pt]my friend, because an article appears in the papers doesn't mean it is right or correct! haven't you been learning from the lecturer with p.hd in fisheries?[/size]
Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by Demdem(m): 2:03pm On Oct 05, 2012
torkaka:

next time before you post an article to support your claim ensure that you have a proper understanding of the issues at hand!
how can state governors and local government chairmen be blamed for the nations poor security when they don't even control an ordinary recruit?

my friend, because an article appears in the papers doesn't mean it is right or correct! haven't you been learning from the lecturer with p.hd in fisheries?

Since it hasnt been disprove yet, its a "NOTORIOUS FACT" grin grin
Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by Mallamabdul: 2:05pm On Oct 05, 2012
The truth is that all the 36 state Governors put together has not achieved what GEJ has achieved so far. In power sector alone, Jonathan has refurbished 10 power plants. 10 power stations are now working at a time. Which Governor apart from Akpabio has done a single power station since last year.
GEJ is handling 11 airport terminals at a time. Look at the railways are now back. Ilorin-Lagos have been revamped. Minna-Kaduna is back. Abuja metropolitan is seriously in progress.

Which Governor has established a single university in His state since last year? GEJ has established 9 new federal universities and mobilised them with 2 billion each. Haba. Make we dey talk true sometiimes.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by usmanyaro17: 2:13pm On Oct 05, 2012
Demdem:

Which of them is speculation? Are u insinuating that the budgetary allocation for feeding in any of the government house in this country far over weigh that of the presidency? Abegii which state is that? Am interested in such a state.

Look, the governors are simply following the footsteps of the FG. The masses are helpless

I am saying that you are feeding on false information from Sahara reporters abi
Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by Demdem(m): 2:22pm On Oct 05, 2012
Mallamabdul: The truth is that all the 36 state Governors put together has not achieved what GEJ has achieved so far.

Now this is what i will call mere speculations. On what basis? what criteria did u use?

In power sector alone, Jonathan has refurbished 10 power plants. 10 power stations are now working at a time. Which Governor apart from Akpabio has done a single power station since last year.

Thank God u said Refurbished but at what cost? Besides are u aware that by virtue of our present constitution Power is exclusively for FG? Why should states that are given crumbs with limited resources dabble into what isn't primarily their responsibility?

GEJ is handling 11 airport terminals at a time. Look at the railways are now back. Ilorin-Lagos have been revamped. Minna-Kaduna is back. Abuja metropolitan is seriously in progress.

Nobody is saying the Retardeen is idle. The same way all the governors will claim they arent idle but the issue at stake here is at what cost? Besides by virtue of our present resources accruable to this govt i still believe we are being cheated. We arent getting true value for money.

Which Governor has established a single university in His state since last year? GEJ has established 9 new federal universities and mobilised them with 2 billion each. Haba. Make we dey talk true sometiimes.

A state that already has a limited funded university and goes ahead to establish another is a foolish state. Establishment of universities can never be a yardstick to signify progress. How well funded are the existing ones. If the existing ones are no where to be found in world reckoning, why do we think the new ones will? To me, those new schools are a waste of resources. It would have been better channeling those funds to existing ones by increasing their individual capacities.
Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by HammedSodiqq: 2:23pm On Oct 05, 2012
torkaka:

[size=24pt]my friend, because an article appears in the papers doesn't mean it is right or correct! haven't you been learning from the lecturer with p.hd in fisheries?[/size]
I laugh at your flagrant display of ignorance. When Plato, an ancient Greek philosopher said the state is an individual writ large, he was saying that it is from the minute that you can arrive at the whole. For instance, if there is peace in 774 LG Councils in Nigeria, it translate to Nigeria being a peaceful Nation in the world. Consequently, if the local and state Govt judiciously deliver on their mandate, the country would be a better place. The idea of looking up to the FG for everything diminishes that status of other tiers. Or should unitary system be introduced? Use your head
Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by Demdem(m): 2:23pm On Oct 05, 2012
usmanyaro17: I am saying that you are feeding on false information from Sahara reporters abi

Demdem:

Re: What Are The Governors Doing, If GEJ Receives Condemnation For Everything? by Demdem(m): 2:27pm On Oct 05, 2012
HammedSodiqq:
I laugh at your flagrant display of ignorance. When Plato, an ancient Greek philosopher said the state is an individual writ large, he was saying that it is from the minute that you can arrive at the whole. For instance, if there is peace in 774 LG Councils in Nigeria, it translate to Nigeria being a peaceful Nation in the world. Consequently, if the local and state Govt judiciously deliver on their mandate, the country would be a better place. The idea of looking up to the FG for everything diminishes that status of other tiers. Or should unitary system be introduced? Use your head

They want to but the resources needed to achieve such (e.g Police) isnt in their hands. why should they be blamed when they are not even empowered to have their security forces. Infact they should be praised for even buy gadgets and vehicles for the police. thats FG responsibility not even states or LG. By the way, our democracy is already a unitary form of democracy IMO

(1) (2) (Reply)

“Develop Your Marking Scheme And Mark Us,” Jonathan Dares Critics / Breaking New Flavor Expecting First Child From Ex Beauty Queen From Delta State / #brigbackgoodluck2015 (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.