Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,592 members, 7,827,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr (2428 Views)

I Dropped My Presidential Ambition For Buhari — Saraki / I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu / Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by karlmax2: 8:50am On Oct 05, 2012
The Kaduna State chairman of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Barr Mohammed Musa Soba, has claimed that his party sold its Presidential Candidate in 2011, Mal. NuhuRibadu, to the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for One hundred million dollars (N16 Billion).

The ACN chairman, in a statement, said he told his party leadership to stop being hypocritical and rather address the crisis within the party.  

He demanded for an explanation from the national leadership on why the Party sold out its presidential election to the PDP in the South-West in 2011.

He said, “A rogue leadership is one that collected one hundred million dollars (N16 Billion) from the PDP, delivered the south-west to the PDP in the 2011 presidential election and shamelessly turn round to accuse the PDP of corruption and stealing of public funds.”

According to him, ACN is a mere political party without Board of Trustees and visionary leaders and has always abused its own constitution and shamelessly label others as clueless and dictatorial.

Reacting to the recent media comments by the party’s national publicity secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, on the Kaduna State ACN leadership crisis, the statement said the Kaduna State ACN under Barrister Soba would never succumb to the abuse of party constitution and reckless statements credited to Lai Mohammed who, of recent, has become a nuisance and an errand boy for political and emotional blackmail.

“We challenge Lai Mohammed and the national secretary of the party, Senator LawalShuaibu, to tell the whole world why state chapters like Enugu, Ebonyi, Abia, Cross Rivers, Bayelsa, AkwaIbom, Nassarawa, Plateau, Bauchi, Gombe, Yobe, Borno, Adamawa, Taraba and Kaduna states are all facing national leadership induced crises,” the statement said.

On the threats by some national officers of the ACN to drag the Kaduna State government and the Kaduna State Independent Electoral Commission (SIECOM) to court to stop the forthcoming local government election over the later’s recognition of Barr. Mohammed Musa Soba as the duly elected chairman of the party in the state, the statement said it was an empty threat and emotional blackmail by Lai Mohammed.

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/36571/2012/10/05/acn_leaders_sold_out_ribadus_presidential_ambition_n16bn_acn_chieftain.html
Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by maclatunji: 9:12am On Oct 05, 2012
Interesting.
Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by Geomac: 9:13am On Oct 05, 2012
N16B! na wow!
Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by ACM10: 9:18am On Oct 05, 2012
This act did not surprise me! It wont surprise any close observer of Yoruba politics either. Yorubas have perfected this act. Can you imagine Tinubu in his capacity as the party leader having a parley with GEJ(a flag bearer of rival party) during the election? I felt sorry for Ribadu. I pity anyone who is considering going into an alliance with Yoruba regional party. This is a warning to Buhari. Yoruba treachery is legendary! They've done it before; they can do it again!

1. Awolowo backstabbed Akintola. Made every effort to marginalize his deputy.

2. Obasanjo boasted of voting against Awolowo in the presidential election. Worked against the emergence of his kisman as the president.

3. Abiola backstabbed Awolowo and worked against him. Even though he benefitted from Awolowo's free education.

4. Yorubas pressured Abacha to deal with Abiola. They later took bribe from the dictator.

5. No Yoruba was with Abiola when he declared himself president.

6. Now, they've used Ribadu as a pawn in their game of treachery.

5 Likes

Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by k2039: 9:54am On Oct 05, 2012
I have always known from day one,that tinubu is an hypocrite,treacherous,a liar and a thief.
All his rant his just to attract publicity.
Arrant nonsense

1 Like

Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by k2039: 9:57am On Oct 05, 2012
ACM10: This act did not surprise me! It wont surprise any close observer of Yoruba politics either. Yorubas have perfected this act. Can you imagine Tinubu in his capacity as the party leader having a parley with GEJ(a flag bearer of rival party) during the election? I felt sorry for Ribadu. I pity anyone who is considering going into an alliance with Yoruba regional party. This is a warning to Buhari. Yoruba treachery is legendary! They've done it before; they can do it again!

2. Obasanjo boasted of voting against Awolowo in the presidential election. Worked against the emergence of his kisman as the president.

3. Abiola backstabbed Awolowo and worked against him. Even though he benefitted from Awolowo's free education.

4. Yorubas pressured Abacha to deal with Abiola. They later took bribe from the dictator.

You are definately mad,must you bring your ethnic bigotry here,you are not any different from a racist.
Tell me your tribe,and I will show you reasons why I know you are stupid
Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by slimming: 10:06am On Oct 05, 2012
why the announcement now, while not then.
Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by Ejine(m): 10:07am On Oct 05, 2012
LOL grin My broda, no be small thing o grin grin
Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by ACM10: 10:16am On Oct 05, 2012
k2039:

You are definately mad,must you bring your ethnic bigotry here,you are not any different from a racist.
Tell me your tribe,and I will show you reasons why I know you are stupid

I'm not mad my dear. I'm only thinking aloud. Why is treachery a pattern with these people? There were many instances of this act from this ethnic group that I can't help but call them by their name.
Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by EkoAtlantic1(f): 10:48am On Oct 05, 2012
Why blame anyone now?!
Ofcourse AC.N knew presidential seat wasn't yet their place as at 2011. The party wasn't yet as strong as it is now. They're still trying to capture S/West.

The presidential election came before governorship election, as at then Oyo and Ogun states were both under PDP.
Definitely it's a joke for them to thing of getting the presidency. The best option for them then was to make sure S/west is fully theirs and retain lagos.
Ribadu was just placed as figure head.

When the time is ripe, they've got plans to make things work
Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 05, 2012
ACM10: This act did not surprise me! It wont surprise any close observer of Yoruba politics either. Yorubas have perfected this act. Can you imagine Tinubu in his capacity as the party leader having a parley with GEJ(a flag bearer of rival party) during the election? I felt sorry for Ribadu. I pity anyone who is considering going into an alliance with Yoruba regional party. This is a warning to Buhari. Yoruba treachery is legendary! They've done it before; they can do it again!

Mo'r'on. . . .Did Nnamdi Azikwe not sell out Eyo ita when he lost the western house of Assembly elections ?

How many hibos voted for Oju-iku when he contested for presidency instead ya'll voted obj ?

You are nothing but a frustrated sick sonovabitch.

1 Like

Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by EkoAtlantic1(f): 11:04am On Oct 05, 2012
^^
U dey mind am
Hey, e don tey small. Aw far?
Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by takedat(m): 11:08am On Oct 05, 2012
If this is true i guess ACN only played a smart one on PDP cos it was obvious South Westerners were going to vote for GEJ prior to the election as most people were blinded by Tribal and Religious sentiments and the GEJ shoeless sympathy.This ACN member is a foul loser cos he ought to have come out since if he had strong convictions of some under hand dealings between ACN and GEJ.

3 Likes

Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by EkoAtlantic1(f): 11:16am On Oct 05, 2012
take dat: If this is true i guess ACN only played a smart one on PDP cos it was obvious South Westerners were going to vote for GEJ prior to the election as most people were blinded by Tribal and Religious sentiments and the GEJ shoeless sympathy.This ACN member is a foul loser cos he ought to have come out since if he had strong convictions of some under hand dealings between ACN and GEJ.

What do you think is gonna happen if he had done this earlier ? grin cheesy grin
Put GEJ and Tinubu in jail for giving and receiving bribe respectively? grin grin
we've got to restart Nigeria's political system
Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 05, 2012
Eko Atlantic#:
^^
U dey mind am
Hey, e don tey small. Aw far?

I travelled. . . . . . .how are you ?
Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by Idokojimmy: 11:17am On Oct 05, 2012
No wonder the alliance between CPC and ACN is dragging. CPC knows TINUBU and his cohorts can't be trusted.
Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by EkoAtlantic1(f): 11:19am On Oct 05, 2012
~Bluetooth:

I travelled. . . . . . .how are you ?

Just dey lowkey. Damn borred
Gonna be back to work on Tuesday
Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 05, 2012
Eko Atlantic#:

Just dey lowkey. Damn borred
Gonna be back to work on Tuesday

Sorry. . . . .You can always make yourself happy na.
Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by preciousoz: 11:28am On Oct 05, 2012
Not surprised cos the Names involved are Men of questionable character.
Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 05, 2012
Idokojimmy: No wonder the alliance between CPC and ACN is dragging. CPC knows TINUBU and his cohorts can't be trusted.

Nope. . . .Buhari was greedy about being the president prior to the election which was why the alliance collapsed.he wanted to eat his cake and have.Damnit,politics is about interests not morals !
Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by EkoAtlantic1(f): 11:33am On Oct 05, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Sorry. . . . .You can always make yourself happy na.

'll soon be checking what's popping outside, peeps around are off to work.

Thanks man

Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 05, 2012
I would not have believed this report but with Tinubu as the national leader of ACN, its possible that money might have changed hands. We also know that our president likes dashing heavy weight political visitors dollars as transport fare.
Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 05, 2012
Eko Atlantic#:

'll soon be checking what's popping outside, peeps around are off to work.

Thanks man

Sure thing. . . . . .hope this okoros didnt give ya'll tough time this days ?
Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by MrGlobe(m): 11:42am On Oct 05, 2012
No surprise here. The problem now is how to add ondo to Tinubu's business empire which is falling apart.

I only blame El rufai for dealing with yorribers without a back up. People who could betray their own fathers and children for money.

The same people that trooped to sso rock to exchange abiola for parcels.

1 Like

Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by EkoAtlantic1(f): 11:50am On Oct 05, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Sure thing. . . . . .hope this okoros didnt give ya'll tough time this days ?

Not so constant here of recent.

Okoro? Oh! You mean omo Igbo undecided
Tough wetin? Don't think so. Dem be weak vessle for here jor angry

5 Likes

Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 05, 2012
Eko Atlantic#:

Lol
Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by Awake9ja(m): 11:58am On Oct 05, 2012
Tinubu Tinubu Tinubu, how manytimes do i call yout?

But why are yoruba's still behind this corrupt man's leadership.

This is going to hunt the south westerners in the future, maybe they will blame others for betrayal .

When you present to others a corrupt person as leader what will you respect.

Those who refuse to read the hand writing on the wall (signs of time) are vulnerable for any negative.

1 Like

Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by PointB: 12:29pm On Oct 05, 2012
For once let me praise Tinubu, the guy is a smooth operator, a profession con artist, I doff my hat! Rabadu once claimed (perhaps rightly) that Tinubu's criminality is of international proportion! Why would and ex-policeman and a well documented crime fighter band with such criminal, to the extent of falling maga of such huge proportion? Was it to have a first hand, up close and personal experience with such criminal mind? For placing his faith in Tinubu's sleazy hands, Ribadu fall my hand seriously! Tinubu is a sharp guy, one of Nigeria's best political con artist!

But in all honesty Tinubu is losing touch, how come the weeping General, Buhari, is yet to sign up to Tinubu's spin? Or is the General learning from the Policeman's fate? Who will be the next sucker in Tinubu's cloak and dagger game? Babangida Aliyu, seems like a plausible option, as Rufia is too garrulous. Tinubu over to you. This time around, at least double the price!

1 Like

Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by solomon111(m): 12:40pm On Oct 05, 2012
Hahahaha!!
Moronic people
Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by solomon111(m): 12:46pm On Oct 05, 2012
Eko Atlantic#:

stfu,bittch!!
You don't even know how ugly tribalism makes you look.
How many igbo women have you seen displaying chronic tribalism like yours on Nairaland?
Yeah,talk about class.
Why am i not surprised?
Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by MrGlobe(m): 12:46pm On Oct 05, 2012
PointB: For once let me praise Tinubu, the guy is a smooth operator, a profession con artist, I doff my hat! Rabadu once claimed (perhaps rightly) that Tinubu's criminality is of international proportion! Why would and ex-policeman and a well documented crime fighter band with such criminal, to the extent of falling maga of such huge proportion? Was it to have a first hand, up close and personal experience with such criminal mind? For placing his faith in Tinubu's sleazy hands, Ribadu fall my hand seriously! Tinubu is a sharp guy, one of Nigeria's best political con artist!

But in all honesty Tinubu is losing touch, how come the weeping General, Buhari, is yet to sign up to Tinubu's spin? Or is the General learning from the Policeman's fate? Who will be the next sucker in Tinubu's cloak and dagger game? Babangida Aliyu, seems like a plausible option, as Rufia is too garrulous. Tinubu over to you. This time around, at least double the price!
The big problem for him will be when he loses ondo. Thats when the south west people will begin to realize they have long been under Tinubu maze. Thats when his puppets called governors will start challenging him.
Re: ACN Leaders Sold Out Ribadu’s Presidential Ambition For N16bn — ACN Chieftain Fr by PointB: 1:23pm On Oct 05, 2012
Mr. Globe:

The big problem for him will be when he loses ondo. Thats when the south west people will begin to realize they have long been under Tinubu maze. Thats when his puppets called governors will start challenging him.

Whenever you try to get our brethren from SW to see Tinubu for the fraud he is, they accuse you of all sort of things. Today I am a changed man. Here is hoping that Tinubu win Ondo state election! My his thieving empire extend to even to Kwara. The people deserve the leader the get! SW has been generously blessed with emperor Tinubu of the highest bidder!

Hail emperor Tinubu!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fashola's Lekki Road Scam Increased To N=25 Billion From Initial N=7 Billion / Jonathan Desperation In The South West.. / SOWORE Paid $5m to Blackmail GEJ's administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.