Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,154 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport (125357 Views)

65-Year-Old Woman Burnt To Death By Cultists In Lagos / Calabar Boy Caught And Burnt To Death For Stealing (Graphic Photo) / 3 Students Beaten To Coma For Stealing Panties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by maclatunji: 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2012
texazzpete: People are saying this guy was the only son of his parents.

The question is, why do we resort to jungle justice? This is barbaric in this day and age. I'm ALL for the death penalty if someone is convicted but why are people so eager to kill others without a trial?

There's almost no discipline in Nigeria, the fact that you as citizens have apprehended robbers doesn't mean you should in turn become murderers. The day those who partake in lynching are prosecuted for murder and punished accordingly is when things will begin to change. Otherwise, things will remain the same.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2012
Hopefully, this will discourage robberies.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Goldieluks: 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2012
oyb:

maybe if you saw the pain in the eyes of their victims. . .

you really have no idea how callous, bold and cold blooded these boys must have been. you have no idea how many people they must have killed

a colleague's friend was robbed and killed two nights ago. same MO small boys with guns. took his laptop and blackberry and shot him. he left behind a wife and child

its is boys like this who r-aped and killed cynthia okusogwu and rap-ed and robbed the other girls who have been coming forward

Am not saying their criminal acts were right, but the way the villagers took the law into their hands, not only beating them severly, but also setting them one fire?? My God! I don't agree with that atall. And they even took disturbing picturesof their naked bodies too. They have no right! Bloody bas.stards!!!

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by esere826: 9:49pm On Oct 05, 2012
some-girl:
If these boys weren't murderers and/ or rapists, I do hope those that beat and burnt them are tortured and have their arms and legs amputated to serve as a deterrent to jungle judges.

shocked ......Jungle justice for jungle justice?
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Hearme(m): 9:50pm On Oct 05, 2012
basisop:

Mumu, those guys were Ikwerre.
A BROTHER OF YOURS WHO WROTE A HISTORY ABOUT YOUR PEOPLE AND CLAIMED HARD WORK 2 MONTHS AGO INCLUDED THE IKWERRE PEOPLE AS .... ARE YOU NOW REJECTING THEM. CHRISTMAS IS NEAR THEY MUST TRAVEL AND SHOW BIG BOY....
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 05, 2012
dnawah: pls report urself to the nearest police station
WHY CUZ I AM TEACHING YOU HOW TO MAKE HOME MADE GLOCKS ?
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 9:50pm On Oct 05, 2012
@all

for the records there has not been any electricity in Aluu - community that houses a shell flow station and 2 other indigenous oil company marginal oil/gas fields since independence day. The NEPA has not blinked at all and to think this community paid bills for September the previous week. The only access road that was awarded by the State government has since been abandoned in fact it was local bike men that tried to dig up a drainage to evacuate some water so that they can pass not to talk of vehicles. Most people now have to do an Israelite journey to get to some other parts of the community via east west road through rumekini and that one is fast deteriorating.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by freecocoa(f): 9:51pm On Oct 05, 2012
jude33084:

I ask because U̶̲̅ used τhe word "kwanu" smiley I once lived in Rumuduru off east west road so I know smiley
So the word "Kwanu" is now restricted to ikwerre? Hian o.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by jude33084(m): 9:52pm On Oct 05, 2012
As I type robers are exchanging gun fire with τhe police at ugbowo benin near technical school, omo ♍♈ roof don full o sad Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† ∂ coincident with τhis topic.

I just perm beside ♍♈ be here cheesy
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Okijajuju1(m): 9:52pm On Oct 05, 2012
texazzpete: People are saying this guy was the only son of his parents.

The question is, why do we resort to jungle justice? This is barbaric in this day and age. I'm ALL for the death penalty if someone is convicted but why are people so eager to kill others without a trial?

If they were caught red handed, then what other court are you looking for?

The Nigerian courts why go acquit the guys them after small money don change hands?

They were tried by the public and found guilty, punishment has been served

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by bayulll01(m): 9:52pm On Oct 05, 2012
obadiah777: I ONLY FIGHT WORTHY BATTLES. FIGHTING OVER MATERIAL GOODS IS NOT A WORTHY BATTLE TO ME.
u guys should stop this madness joor,sincerely speaking God will not be happy with those villagers i wish am not a nigerian(sobbing see wat is happning in my country in 21st century)
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 05, 2012
Goldieluks:

Am not saying their criminal acts were right, but the way the villagers took the law into their hands, not only beating them severly, but also setting them one fire?? My God! I don't agree with that atall. And they even took disturbing picturesof their naked bodies too. They have no right! Bloody bas.stards!!!
gbam!!! I so hate this street justice thing. The villagers had no right to take the law into their hands and execute them. Beating them was enough without having to add killing to the mix. I think that they should have reported them to the police station rather than killing them. Who gave them that bloody right?

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 05, 2012
D fair guy dia ugonna went 2 demostration omoku he is from ogba,my friend confirrmed he was hisjunior and his dad is wealthy***WTF
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by BrutusOj(m): 9:54pm On Oct 05, 2012
miss ravishing: Dnt say what u don't no,am a uniport student staying in allu,1 of d guys name is Ugo,dey stole gadgets like phones,ipad etc its aluu community villager that striped and beat dem b4 dey burnt dem alive,it want any student,dey r barbaric villages in dat area..meanwhile wen cultist and armed robbers where raping,robbing and causing troubles dey did nothing now can u imagin taking lives u can't give..dey have to pay 4dis..Amaechi has 2do something abt this dey can't go free
Why contradicting ursef?U agreed that d guys actualy robbed,de were caught nd were punished for dia ofence.Capital punishment some times serves as a deterrent to us.d community can't be on d watch for cultist na,what re de school security beign paid for?de responsible for fishing out cultist,de community has helped u guys in eliminating 3 robbers out of d numerous u guys hav on campus,why are some of u lamenting?can u count d noba of souls dos guys hav wasted in d cause of dia activities ova de yrs de stayed on campus?am not God,bt he who kills by sword,dies by......

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 05, 2012
some-girl:

easier to take chances with your own life than those of your loved one. You can't let robbers into your house with your little children and wife and "keep your cool".
Do you realize that when one becomes a parent, their children's well being becomes priority?
WELL ITS LIKE THIS, IF YOU ARE A PARENT, AND NOT A STRONG RIGHTEOUS BELIEVER IN THE LORD ? THEN YOU MUST BE OUT OF YOUR MIND IF YOU DONT OWN A GLOCK. GO ON YOUTUBE, THEY HAVE VIDEOS ON HOW TO MAKE HOME MADE GUNS. SOME OF YOU FOOLS NEED TO GO TAKE A WELDING AND CUTTING OXYACETTYLENE CLASS FOR 2 MONTHS.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by zibe(m): 9:55pm On Oct 05, 2012
This is what someone sent to my friend

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 9:55pm On Oct 05, 2012
We were discussing this jungle justice theory this morning and yes some were for and others against, as an educated person the argument would always be against but when you consider the "Nigerian formal legal system" that could not find IBORI guilty till thy kingdom come, in fact they even declared him guiltless then you know that something is definitely wrong, same thing for the Halliburton scandal which has long been dispensed with in the US and fines have been paid. How about the ID card scandal of SIEMENS?

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Okijajuju1(m): 9:56pm On Oct 05, 2012
maclatunji:

There's almost no discipline in Nigeria, the fact that you as citizens have apprehended robbers doesn't mean you should in turn become murderers. The day those who partake in lynching are prosecuted for murder and punished accordingly is when things will begin to change. Otherwise, things will remain the same.

Shey because no be Sharis law them use try them abi!? Abeg drex go focus on your own people who are disciplined savages.

4 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by flexyonline: 9:56pm On Oct 05, 2012
Question please: Was it established beyond every reasonable doubt that these guys were robbers? I know someone talked about them being caught with evidence but what evidence are these? The danger with jungle justice is that a mob can mistakenly kill an innocent man but he has no redress even if his innocence is established after the fact.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 05, 2012
obadiah777: I HAVE FACED THE GUN NUMEROUS TIMES AND THE MACHETE NUMEROUS TIMES AND BEEN CHASED IN MY CAR BY ARMED ROBBERS NUMEROUS TIMES AND I KEPT MY COOL AND HANDLED THE SITUATION WITH THE GRACE OF GOD OF COURSE, HENCE WHY I GOT THE FORK OUTTA NAIJA grin grin.

so that makes you a brave man NUMEROUS TIMES huh? "Clapping for obadiah"
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Donlouise(m): 9:56pm On Oct 05, 2012
The beating 2 me is okay bt killing is very bad! Dey should have handed dem over 2 d police.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nebeuwa(m): 9:56pm On Oct 05, 2012
That is why I prefer the American justice system even though it has some flaws.

You are innocent until proven guilty.

The mob that killed these students are no different from the alleged criminals themselves. Murder is much worse than theft. And this mob committed murder.

I wonder how these people can sleep at night, knowing they took another man's life.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 05, 2012
bayulll01:
u guys should stop this madness joor,sincerely speaking God will not be happy with those villagers i wish am not a nigerian(sobbing see wat is happning in my country in 21st century)
END DAYZ BRAH. YALL SINS HAS REACHED UNTO THE HEAVENS. THE COUNTRY IS GETTING FLOODED BY YAHAWAH. YALL TOO STIFF NECKED AND REBELLIOUS. YOU WORSHIP MONEY, YOU KILL STEAL AND DESTROY. THE LORD IS ANGRY. HIS JUSTICE COMETH SWIFTLY. END TIMES BRAH

4 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 9:58pm On Oct 05, 2012
jude33084: As I type robers are exchanging gun fire with τhe police at ugbowo benin near technical school, omo ♍♈ roof don full o sad Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† ∂ coincident with τhis topic.

I just perm beside ♍♈ be here cheesy

that roof thing sweet eh but make sure you no fall down o.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Oyaps: 9:59pm On Oct 05, 2012
We need to learn how to control our emotions,because 'jungle justice' is a very barbaric act. We need to give a suspect, chance to defend himself in a competent court. Many Nigerians were killed by angry mob because they unfortunately found themselves in a wrong place and the people refused to give them chances to defend themselves. For those who believe in jungle justice,i pray that you won't watch ur innocent family member being roasted alive before you change ur opinion.......
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by playahP(m): 9:59pm On Oct 05, 2012
FIRST OF ALL; THESE BOYS WERE NOT ROBBERS.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by somegirl1: 9:59pm On Oct 05, 2012
obadiah777: WELL ITS LIKE THIS, IF YOU ARE A PARENT, AND NOT A STRONG RIGHTEOUS BELIEVER IN THE LORD ? THEN YOU MUST BE OUT OF YOUR MIND IF YOU DONT OWN A GLOCK. GO ON YOUTUBE, THEY HAVE VIDEOS ON HOW TO MAKE HOME MADE GUNS. SOME OF YOU FOOLS NEED TO GO TAKE A WELDING AND CUTTING OXYACETTYLENE CLASS FOR 2 MONTHS.

I hear you who is a strong believer and refers to people as "fools".
How many home made guns has your silly self made?
My conversation with you is over, I can't go round in circles.
bye!
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Sirmikky1(m): 9:59pm On Oct 05, 2012
texazzpete: http://oversabirepublic./2012/10/05/photos-viewer-discretion-is-advised-3-students-burnt-to-death-at-uniport-for-stealing/

Three boys alleged to be students of The University of Portharcourt were today burnt to death at the University premises. It was alleged that they were robbing and terrorizing other students before they were rounded up, beaten and later burnt with tyres by their fellow students.

[img]http://oversabirepublic.files./2012/10/burn-at-uniport-3.jpg?w=614[/img]

Sooo disheartening.That guy with the stick should be apprehended and made to produce others involved in this dastard act for some punishment.

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Okijajuju1(m): 10:00pm On Oct 05, 2012
otokx: We were discussing this jungle justice theory this morning and yes some were for and others against, as an educated person the argument would always be against but when you consider the "Nigerian formal legal system" that could not find IBORI guilty till thy kingdom come, in fact they even declared him guiltless then you know that something is definitely wrong, same thing for the Halliburton scandal which has long been dispensed with in the US and fines have been paid. How about the ID card scandal of SIEMENS?

I am a proponent of jungle justice in a case like this where they were caught red handed.... This is a form of justice in its own right.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 10:01pm On Oct 05, 2012
flexyonline: Question please: Was it established beyond every reasonable doubt that these guys were robbers? I know someone talked about them being caught with evidence but what evidence are these? The danger with jungle justice is that a mob can mistakenly kill an innocent man but he has no redress even if his innocence is established after the fact.

It is claimed they were caught in an uncompleted building with laptop and mobile phones, taking to the informal legal system and found guilty but truth be told we would never know what really happened as in the case of Dele Giwa
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 05, 2012
berem: so that makes you a brave man NUMEROUS TIMES huh? "Clapping for obadiah"
A BRAVE MAN ? NO. A LUCKY MAN ? YES grin THE LORD PROTECTS HIS OWN I GUESS EVEN THOUGH BACK THEN I WAS A HEATHEN. HE MUSTA HAD A PURPOSE FOR ME SHA. ONE TIME THIS POLICE IN IKOYI COCKED HIS GUN AND WAS GETTING READY TO SHOOT ME BECAUSE I WOULDNT STOP AT HIS ILLEGAL CHECKPOINT. I WAS READY TO MOW HIM DOWN ( I WAS YOUNG AND CRAZY LOL ). THE GUY TOOK AIM AND PULLED THE TRIGGER AND THE BULLET DROPPED TO THE FLOOR. TRUE STORY. WE WERE COMING FROM BAR BEACH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply)

Cult Leader, Jboy, Killed In Cross River (Photos) / Stain Lace: I Was Robbed In My House In Akwa Ibom During Lockdown (Graphic Pics) / Gang Rape In Enugu Secondary Schools: JSS Students Initiated Into Viron Queens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.