Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport (125362 Views)

65-Year-Old Woman Burnt To Death By Cultists In Lagos / Calabar Boy Caught And Burnt To Death For Stealing (Graphic Photo) / 3 Students Beaten To Coma For Stealing Panties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Goldieluks: 8:53pm On Oct 05, 2012
I detest any form of killings, they should have been beaten instead and taken to the police station afterwards. This is painful to both the victims of theft and also to the criminals.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 8:53pm On Oct 05, 2012
freecocoa: I'm not ikwerre abeg.

I am Ikwerre and so what.

4 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by akereconfi: 8:54pm On Oct 05, 2012
That guy....i fink stays @ Hilton 2 in Aluu.....his face looks familiar..

Naa so dem dey terrorise my compound "D address".....
They met their waterloo

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by deols(f): 8:54pm On Oct 05, 2012
When armed rpbbers visited my house,they were young like these guys and it was obvious it was so they could live the big boy Life.About 15 of them.I cant ever 4get dat experience.

After some 2 wks,the police said they were caught on another mission and were killed.

I just wonder why young pple would be so brave,carrying guns and humiliatn others.

So sad they were killed ds way. I wonder how d killers and onlookers would be able 2 sleep at nyt.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by ektbear: 8:55pm On Oct 05, 2012
this naija is too rough a country
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 8:55pm On Oct 05, 2012
Goldieluks: I detest any form of killings, they should have been beaten instead and taken to the police station afterwards. This is painful to both the victims of theft and also to the criminals.

it is not painful to the victims of theft, in fact come around this night and i'd give you a free bottle of beer. Aluu is rejoicing and woe betide any criminal arrested this night. Where when the law enforcement when we called for help in time of trouble, they always come 2 hours after the robbers have left... nonsense
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by bashr8: 8:56pm On Oct 05, 2012
otokx: @oyb

sorry, hope you have recovered fast? these armed robbers have been terrorizing the place for some time now, you can check my blog in my signature to recount my experience. In fact a neighbor who moved in after paying 300k left after staying for 6 weeks dashing the landlord his rent due to the frequency of visits.

From what we just gathered this robbers 5 of them after robbing went to a hideout to pack the loot hoping for day to break when they will emerge from the bush and blend in like normal people but a palm wine tapper saw them and after over hearing their conversation alerted the vigilante. The aluu community of umucholu or so have been wrongly accused in the past of aiding this criminals, some even said it was the community youth. The people rose as one then went to arrest them together with the exhibits and took them to the village elders who after examining them found them guilty. It was then they were taking to the nearby burrow pit where dustbin is thrown and giving a very generous beating and later burned with fire, it appears 2 died in the course of the beating.

The tale goes that a team of police came in a van but where chased away by the community who formed a human shield and also pelted them with stones. The sister of one of the boys came around and was crying that she has been warning her brother to stay away from such bad company and that only the previous day the parents sent 60k which she gave to him. Oh well they got what they deserved and who ever says its jungle justice should have his head examined. The elders declared them guilty. This is a country where i build my house, generate my electricity, pump my water and even build my road then you talk of government. In fact i pay police monthly so that if i call within 5 minutes they should be around just in case criminals like this come my way. Anyway, typical of the situation, one of the fathers of the boy is connected and went to get JTF to come and start shooting sporadically, he later exclaimed that he gave the boy 52k earlier. It is said that JTF went away with the bodies and i wonder what for?

They were 5 in all but 1 escaped in the process of being captured by the vigilante, 1 of the 4 had done and failed the remedial programme in UNIPORT and had been hanging around the environment which is typical of most boys and girls in UNIPORT. It is not everybody you see that says he is a student of UNIPORT that is o. The other day a parent told me that he does not want his son to return to the house when it was obvious that he was going to fail out of the basic remedial program. This same guy that was buying A1 in private secondary school was scoring 144 in post utme, 136 in islt entrance exam and 29/100 in the remedial program. The remaining 3 are students but trust UNIPORT to soon go on air and declare to the whole world that those people are not their students - that is how we keep deceiving ourselves in this country.

at the highlighted you know the police can arrest those elders hope your not making this up.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 8:58pm On Oct 05, 2012
akereconfi: That guy....i finks stay @ Hilton 2 in Aluu.....his face looks familiar..

Naa so dem dey terrorise my compound "grin address".....
They met their waterloo

The guys terrorized aluu starting from that GRA hostel, the UDSS area, down to popular coca cola junction and all the interior, down to omuoko, it was terrible, people were packing out in the numbers, come and see fine, empty houses all because of these boys. The bad road and permanent absence of nepa made it so cool for them.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 8:59pm On Oct 05, 2012
bashr8:

at the highlighted you know the police can arrest those elders hope your not making this up.

you must be staying in another planet.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by bashr8: 9:00pm On Oct 05, 2012
Henry40: No one who hasn't witnessed a robbery should talk trash about what was done...just wait till you witness one to understand the anger in the minds of these people.

Served them right...I'm happy they're dead and I'm loving the way they were killed.

As for those talking about how they should be handed over to the police, I know a few police officers, and I'll let you in on a little insider secrete - a robber with a fat bank account never stays in jail past two weeks, unless he screwed with the wrong guys. [size=14pt]THAT'S THE TRUTH...NO TALES!![/size] If it's not this way, then it's really no way!!!
indeed they deserve it but in such babaric way is disgusting they should have just shot them or something.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 05, 2012
[size=20pt]Serves them right. It is a very heinous crime to rob your fellow student.[/size] angry angry
OPC and the bakassi boys run the same sort of jungle justice

crude, vicious but effective

these thieves are not spirits and people know who they are
K. It was 4 boys no 3! They were cultist caught, beaten and burnt by Aluu vigilantes!.. Dey wia cot last nyt and kpt til 2day! No student tuk part in d burning!

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 9:02pm On Oct 05, 2012
bashr8: indeed they deserve it but in such babaric way is disgusting they should have just shot them or something.

shot them with what? shey bi i talk say you no dey dis 9ja, we do not carry guns like you do in your country/planet you hear, only law enforcement agents carry gun and even at that the police account for every bullet giving.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by yuzedo: 9:03pm On Oct 05, 2012
Kudos to NL members! I haven't seen any foolish person (unlike in other fora/blogs) saying "ehyaa, why did they have to kill these FINE BOYS".. As if it is ok to kill only Ugly criminals! undecided angry

Thanks to those who have also discussed the issue holistically.

And to the numbnut degenerates that took a tribal leaning..? Your Stu(p)idy Quotient is in quadriple digits. Modafocking Eeeeeeeediots! *Spits*
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by bashr8: 9:03pm On Oct 05, 2012
freecocoa: I just heard that they weren't thieves but frat boys who were coming back from meeting and that they were burnt because they were seen with guns and that their parents are quite wealthy. Its a pity sha.
whats the differnce between frat boys and thieves or you think its funny how these frat boys kill and molest students

3 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by polokor60(m): 9:04pm On Oct 05, 2012
the last parade

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 9:05pm On Oct 05, 2012
yuzedo: Kudos to NL members! I haven't seen any foolish person (unlike in other fora/blogs) saying "ehyaa, why did they have to kill these FINE BOYS".. As if it is ok to kill only Ugly criminals! undecided angry

Thanks to those who have also discussed the issue holistically.

And to the numbnut degenerates that took a tribal leaning..? Your Stu(p)idy Quotient is in quadriple digits. Modafocking Eeeeeeeediots! *Spits*

don't mind linda ikeji, she moderated her blog and filtered out all those who opposed her views and tomorrow she would want to pass off as some role model.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by somegirl1: 9:05pm On Oct 05, 2012
obadiah777: I KNOW YOU AINT TALKING. I KNOW YOUR TYPE. YOU WANT A BRAVE MAN WHO WILL CONFRONT THIEVES FOR YOU AND AS SOON AS HE IS KILLED, YOU WILL GO LOOKING FOR ANOTHER MAN TO YANSH AND MARRY AND QUICKLY FORGET THE DEAD BRAVE HUBBY. IF I HAVE SEEN IT ONCE I HAVE SEEN IT TWICE, NEVER TRY TO BE BRAVE FOR ANY WOMAN. WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN KILLED SHE GO GO LOOK FOR THE NEXT ARISTO ALHAJI grin grin

are you ok?
did you not read that he also has children?
a good father and husband won't even have the time to think, his first instinct would be to protect his own.
It probably didn't occur to him that he could be killed.
Have you never acted then thought afterwards?

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 05, 2012
Oh na Uncle Jona alma mater. embarassed
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by tellwisdom: 9:06pm On Oct 05, 2012
School fees gone waste embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by luluosas(m): 9:06pm On Oct 05, 2012
Oh my God! They were not even the chance to defend themselves. How I wish this kind of punishment can be visited on our thieving politicians.

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by wiegraf: 9:06pm On Oct 05, 2012
It is jungle justice, it is silly. Respect to oyb and countless others for their brave deeds, but burning people alive is NEVER the answer. The value we afford human life is disgraceful. Some talk about cleaning up the bottom rather than the top, so you think teaching the bottom that it's ok to burn people alive is 'cleaning up the bottom'?

Even if there were no mistake (and there are wrongfully accused victims of this nonsense), you think normal people grow up thinking to themselves 'I'm going to be an armed-robber when I grow up'? When a crime is committed, frankly, society has failed. You become an armed robber when there's no other choice. Now, even for the eediots that are just sociopaths, the fact that society was not able to recognize that there was something wrong with this person usually indicates a problem. Enter ppl who say I'm protecting criminals etc. I'm not, I'm asking that you create a society where the law means something. Instead we'll spend our time bickering amongst ourselves (like asking what tribe did the robbers come from, wth does that have to do with anything?) and enabling police/justice to become inefficient and corrupt. We do this while also celebrating myriad sociopaths at the top (note, quite a few good up people there, but quite a few very aware of the harm they cause society, and many others with good intentions unwittingly aid the cancer while working for our government), letting them get away with far worse.

Our governments potent inefficiency is frankly what 9jarians deep down want. We want fairly lawless country where a man can chop contracts in peace, buy big cars and throw big parties to show the haters who's boss. Also, we like to burn people alive.

4 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 05, 2012
I would have been very haopy to partake in burning these worthless vermins and feeding their charred remains to vultures. If you have ever been robbed, oppressed, raped, etc. - at gunpoint - by these heartless animals then, you would know how it feels. In a country like Nigeria where the judicial and law enforcement systems are corrupt and hopeless, where justice is easily compromised, I support jungle justice 1 billion percent. As long as violent criminals are caught IN THE ACT, then by God, they should be killed immediately. Court trials should be reserved for 'suspects' - when there is need to weigh evidence and determine guilt or otherwise.

It is easier to condone non-violent criminality (drug trafficking, 419, etc), but for those that take up arms to terrorise innocent people minding their business, they do not deserve to live. Sorry.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by bashr8: 9:07pm On Oct 05, 2012
otokx:

shot them with what? shey bi i talk say you no dey dis 9ja, we do not carry guns like you do in your country/planet you hear, only law enforcement agents carry gun and even at that the police account for every bullet giving.
i live in enugu my point is the villagers that carried out the jungle justice how will they sleep at night abi they find it as normal thing to beat and watch the person burn

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by dnawah(m): 9:08pm On Oct 05, 2012
texazzpete: People are saying this guy was the only son of his parents.

The question is, why do we resort to jungle justice? This is barbaric in this day and age. I'm ALL for the death penalty if someone is convicted but why are people so eager to kill others without a trial?
imagine d only girl 4rm a poor family coming back 4rm home with her school fees,robed and raped by this guys.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 9:10pm On Oct 05, 2012
bashr8: i live in enugu my point is the villagers that carried out the jungle justice how will they sleep at night abi they find it as normal thing to beat and watch the person burn

it was not only villagers that did that, all those who went to look were not only villagers, this is one of the ways we deceive ourselves in this nation by telling falsehoods.

everyone shall sleep well this night, the trauma of hearing robbers jumping over your wall and breaking the door down is over.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 05, 2012
oyb:

i pushed them over my balcony - obviously i wanted to kill them - my first thought when i saw them was a wish that i had a gun - i was so vexed when they fell to the ground and jumped up.

i believe a lot of these robbers are soldier pikins, which means turning them over to the police means absolutely nothing
if they don't just settle the police and turn the whole thing against you.
Bros you try o! I congratulate you for your bravery! Abeg you need a gun cos I know if you had one you would have shot them dead! Kudos to you.get well soon from your injuries.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 05, 2012
bashr8: i live in enugu my point is the villagers that carried out the jungle justice how will they sleep at night abi they find it as normal thing to beat and watch the person burn

That is what I'm wondering o. Who partakes in such and still considers himself normal?
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nostradamu(m): 9:12pm On Oct 05, 2012
hmmmmm......seriously i dunno wat to say or contribute to this act of 'crowd mentality',cause if you look at this case critically; it's a delicate issue of people (the mob) who are vexed beyond belief for obvious reasons anyway, and the lads (that were killed) who go around and cause mischief in peoples homes.....! Please honourable nairalanders,look at it this way: if you've encountered people who break into ur house and the type of acts they commit,you'd be amazed and shocked to say the list; On the other hand you're faced with a security system that is ineffective and at times even give out info to crooks (my opinion)......so you ask yourself what would you do with robbers you catch knowing fully well that if u release them they'll find their way back into the system and you'd probably be the first they'll come after for giving them out. Please oooo i'm not supporting either side i just want us to look at this issue from an overview,you never can tell someone from this our forum might learn from wat we discuss here and may use it one day for his or her policy formulation in Nigeria,abi? Shey mo wi re abi mo wi re?
undecided

3 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 9:12pm On Oct 05, 2012
dnawah: imagine d only girl 4rm a poor family coming back 4rm home with her school fees,robed and raped by this guys.

that one small na, this guys robbed a hotel along the roads 4 times in 6 weeks, the hotel is almost folded up as people no longer go there again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply)

Cult Leader, Jboy, Killed In Cross River (Photos) / Stain Lace: I Was Robbed In My House In Akwa Ibom During Lockdown (Graphic Pics) / Gang Rape In Enugu Secondary Schools: JSS Students Initiated Into Viron Queens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.