Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,438 members, 7,853,887 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:22 AM

In His Own Words: How Awolowo Defended Himself From Achebe’s Accusations When He - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In His Own Words: How Awolowo Defended Himself From Achebe’s Accusations When He (4211 Views)

Amaechi Defended Lagos-Calabar Project Budget (sahara Reporters) / Yoruba Elders' Words, How True? - Pic / Photos: How Awolowo died Unsung (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In His Own Words: How Awolowo Defended Himself From Achebe’s Accusations When He by ACM10: 11:43pm On Oct 29, 2012
Now, I hope that you will beat me black and blue. I expect you to go straight to the point. I have low tolerance for round-the-circle argument. Ok?!

1 Like

Re: In His Own Words: How Awolowo Defended Himself From Achebe’s Accusations When He by ektbear: 11:45pm On Oct 29, 2012
What you have tolerance for is irrelevant, in my eyes.

Simply address the points raised. Put up, or shut up.
Re: In His Own Words: How Awolowo Defended Himself From Achebe’s Accusations When He by vanbonattel: 11:47pm On Oct 29, 2012
Standing5: After reading the thread carefully again i couldn't comprehend ACM10 level of 'cluelessness' on economic issues, in fact na im Jona take resemble . . . ehn enh (touches the floor with a finger, places the finger on his tongue and raises it up to God while laughing out loud).

shi.t dey that floor o grin
Re: In His Own Words: How Awolowo Defended Himself From Achebe’s Accusations When He by vanbonattel: 11:47pm On Oct 29, 2012
ekt_bear: What you have tolerance for is irrelevant, in my eyes.

baba, you don escape from yaba left, how you do am? cheesy
Re: In His Own Words: How Awolowo Defended Himself From Achebe’s Accusations When He by ACM10: 11:50pm On Oct 29, 2012
ekt_bear: What you have tolerance for is irrelevant, in my eyes.

Don't get emotional my dear. There is no medal to be won here. I will like to have the points which u raised. Can you list them. List them while I review the thread from where I stopped. But you have to be ready to address my points too.
Re: In His Own Words: How Awolowo Defended Himself From Achebe’s Accusations When He by vanbonattel: 11:51pm On Oct 29, 2012
Mighty Sparrow: I beg leave Awolowo alone! You hate him so much you send him to heaven. Achebe and co will not let him rest there. Do you want to send him out of heaven? [b]I beg leave Awolowo alone! You hate him so much you send him to heaven. Achebe and co will not let him rest there. Do you want to send him out of heaven? [/b]I beg leave Awolowo alone! You hate him so much you send him to heaven. Achebe and co will not let him rest there. Do you want to send him out of heaven?

Make them throw the guy down from heaven, I hope he lands in ALUU grin grin
Re: In His Own Words: How Awolowo Defended Himself From Achebe’s Accusations When He by ektbear: 11:53pm On Oct 29, 2012
van bonattel:
baba, you don escape from yaba left, how you do am? cheesy

I carefully observed your own escape, then immediately after planned my own. You served as an inspiration to many.
Re: In His Own Words: How Awolowo Defended Himself From Achebe’s Accusations When He by ektbear: 11:54pm On Oct 29, 2012
ACM10:
Don't get emotional my dear. There is no medal to be won here. I will like to have the points which u raised. Can you list them. List them while I review the thread from where I stopped. But you have to be ready to address my points too.

Sure, just examine the last two posts I made to you before you vanished. Take as much time as you need.
Re: In His Own Words: How Awolowo Defended Himself From Achebe’s Accusations When He by vanbonattel: 11:58pm On Oct 29, 2012
ekt_bear:

I carefully observed your own escape, then immediately after planned my own. You served as an inspiration to many.

I was the doctor who treated your nut case, and gave you a laptop to browse on saturday night, the kind, fair doctor remember? grin
Re: In His Own Words: How Awolowo Defended Himself From Achebe’s Accusations When He by ektbear: 12:01am On Oct 30, 2012
van bonattel:

I was the doctor who treated your nut case, and gave you a laptop to browse on saturday night, the kind, fair doctor remember? grin

Indeed, I remember that this is the story you told the other residents of the asylum.

And shortly after telling that story about being a doctor, you'd go frothing at the mouth like a mad dog and have to be forcibly sedated grin cheesy
Re: In His Own Words: How Awolowo Defended Himself From Achebe’s Accusations When He by ACM10: 12:01am On Oct 30, 2012
ekt_bear:

Sure, just examine the last two posts I made to you before you vanished. Take as much time as you need.
1. You claimed that Biafran currency was useless and valueless. Then I asked you "on what ground did you make such claim?"

2. I asked you to list the economic indices which economists use to determine the strength of any currency. You could not mention any. You only opined that the strength of currency is determined by the forces of demand and supply.

Etc
Re: In His Own Words: How Awolowo Defended Himself From Achebe’s Accusations When He by vanbonattel: 12:04am On Oct 30, 2012
ekt_bear:

Indeed, I remember that this is the story you told the other residents of the asylum.

And shortly after telling that story about being a doctor, you'd go frothing at the mouth like a mad dog and have to be forcibly sedated grin cheesy

Is that the only thing your deranged brain is telling you, then you are still sick and we are coming to haul you in. let me bring you chains because you may harm people in the streets grin shocked
Re: In His Own Words: How Awolowo Defended Himself From Achebe’s Accusations When He by ektbear: 12:04am On Oct 30, 2012
ACM10:
1. You claimed that Biafran currency was useless and valueless. Then I asked you "on what ground did you make such claim?"

2. I asked you to list the economic indices which economists use to determine the strength of any currency. You could not mention any. You only opined that the strength of currency is determined by the forces of demand and supply.

Etc

So, your best bet is to carefully read the two posts made. Like I said earlier, take as much time as you need to digest the point. Then once you finish, come up with a suitable response, quoting as needed.
Re: In His Own Words: How Awolowo Defended Himself From Achebe’s Accusations When He by ektbear: 12:06am On Oct 30, 2012
van bonattel:

Is that the only thing your deranged brain is telling you, then you are still sick and we are coming to haul you in. let me bring you chains because you may harm people in the streets grin shocked

Bros, how can a man more mentally unbalanced than I possibly help me? Who is this "we" you speak of? You and your clan of escapees?

At a minimum, wouldn't I want a real doctor to treat me, not a mental patient like yourself pretending he is a doctor?
Re: In His Own Words: How Awolowo Defended Himself From Achebe’s Accusations When He by ACM10: 12:12am On Oct 30, 2012
ekt_bear:

So, your best bet is to carefully read the two posts made. Like I said earlier, take as much time as you need to digest the point. Then once you finish, come up with a suitable response, quoting as needed.
I hope you wont bore me tonight? Pls respond to my last comment.
Re: In His Own Words: How Awolowo Defended Himself From Achebe’s Accusations When He by ektbear: 12:14am On Oct 30, 2012
It seems that the onus is on you to respond to the posts I made nearly three weeks ago, which you have yet to address.

Once you do so, then I'd be happy to respond again.
Re: In His Own Words: How Awolowo Defended Himself From Achebe’s Accusations When He by ACM10: 12:27am On Oct 30, 2012
Katsumoto: ACM10

Why do you persist in debating topics that are above your pay grade?
Really?

During the war, Biafran currency had value. At the end of the war, it no longer had any value.
How can you claim that a currency which was still used as a means for the exchange of goods had no value? It had value; only that the central mechanism for the control of the currency had been removed. Any paper that can be used to exchange goods and services has value.

Currency is not an asset; it is just paper. It is only has valuable as the goods and services for which it can be exchanged within an area as a medium of exchange. Would a meat seller in Kano accept your Biafran pounds? Can you pay for a haircut in New York with Naira? No to both questions. However, if a currency has cross-border strength, it could be used.
You are contradicting yourself here.

The market determines the worth of a currency but it is influenced by central bankers through monetary policy. How investors and users respond to policy is what determines the value. You can also peg a currency but that equally has implications because pegging requires central bankers to use reserves to maintain the peg.
Investors response to government policy is not the only determinant of the value of a currency. It is part of the factors which determines the value of a currency.

Biafrans wanting to have their own currency after the war is impractical for the same reasons as a man with 30 children, 80 grand-children, and 150 great grandchildren. You can exchange your currency within your family but at some point you have to exchange your goods and services for those being exchanged outside your family and you can't force them to accept your currency.
But, it's unfair to grab their wealth from them by fiat. Wont it be nice for Awolowo to step asides and allow economists to determine how to integrate the currency of the defunct Biafrans to Nigeria? Why should Awo take the lead in the process?
Re: In His Own Words: How Awolowo Defended Himself From Achebe’s Accusations When He by ACM10: 12:34am On Oct 30, 2012
ekt_bear: It seems that the onus is on you to respond to the posts I made nearly three weeks ago, which you have yet to address.

Once you do so, then I'd be happy to respond again.
Buzz off! And pls don't harass me next time. I hate empty boasts. I get bored debating with people like you. You are obviously a kid. I can sense that from your comments. The claim that you beat me mercilessly was an indication of immaturity.

WTF am I doing with u?!
Re: In His Own Words: How Awolowo Defended Himself From Achebe’s Accusations When He by ektbear: 12:43am On Oct 30, 2012
ACM10:
Buzz off! And pls don't harass me next time. I hate empty boasts. I get bored debating with people like you. You are obviously a kid. I can sense that from your comments. The claim that you beat me mercilessly was an indication of immaturity.

WTF am I doing with u?!
lwkmd cheesy grin

I am glad that you have learned your lesson, at least. If you are having an argument with someone and they demolish your arguments so badly that you flee the thread for nearly three weeks, don't expect to be able to use those same bad arguments on other threads.

I guess the point has been made.
Re: In His Own Words: How Awolowo Defended Himself From Achebe’s Accusations When He by vanbonattel: 12:46am On Oct 30, 2012
ekt_bear:
lwkmd cheesy grin

I am glad that you have learned your lesson, at least. If you are having an argument with someone and they demolish your arguments so badly that you flee the thread for nearly three weeks, don't expect to be able to use those same bad arguments on other threads.

I guess the point has been made.

The only points made here are that you will die of bad belle, and buried in ebonyi state grin
Re: In His Own Words: How Awolowo Defended Himself From Achebe’s Accusations When He by ektbear: 12:50am On Oct 30, 2012
van bonattel: The only points made here are that you will die of bad belle, and buried in ebonyi state grin

OK, this is a slightly less dull tale than your yaba left one. How did you come up with it? Why Ebonyi specifically? Elaborate on your story.
Re: In His Own Words: How Awolowo Defended Himself From Achebe’s Accusations When He by vanbonattel: 1:00am On Oct 30, 2012
ekt_bear:

OK, this is a slightly less dull tale than your yaba left one. How did you come up with it? Why Ebonyi specifically? Elaborate on your story.

because they have salt in their land there and i need the acidity to act on you underground grin
Re: In His Own Words: How Awolowo Defended Himself From Achebe’s Accusations When He by ektbear: 1:13am On Oct 30, 2012
1. Isn't the salt in water?
2. Salt isn't acidic, I thought?
3. Presumably coffins prevent acid in soil from acting on a corpse?

Hmm...very dry joke. Your yaba left one was better sad

You should consider sticking to your current occupation of asylum escapee rather than trying to enter comedy cheesy
Re: In His Own Words: How Awolowo Defended Himself From Achebe’s Accusations When He by vanbonattel: 1:17am On Oct 30, 2012
ekt_bear: 1. Isn't the salt in water?
2. Salt isn't acidic, I thought?
3. Presumably coffins prevent acid in soil from acting on a corpse?

Hmm...very dry joke. Your yaba left one was better sad

You should consider sticking to your current occupation of asylum escapee rather than trying to enter comedy cheesy

Dont worry your head, when we nail your coffin and throw you into an unmarked grave in ebonyi, you will find out real fast.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo / Shame: Israel’s Hails Jonathan As Nigeria Block Palestinian UN Resolution / unique Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.