Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,376 members, 7,815,799 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

unique Rivers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / unique Rivers (4190 Views)

I Am Not Interested In Legality Of Operation Python Dance - Lai Mohammed / How EFCC Traced 1.3billion NSA Funds To Fayose's Account In Picture / Why We Froze Gov. Fayose's Account - EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

unique Rivers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:43pm On Jun 22, 2016
tongue

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: unique Rivers by Bitterleafsoup: 2:49pm On Jun 22, 2016
kiss
Wow I am surprised at the length of how some can rush to defend politician's.
Well waiting to see this, 1 year and counting.....
BTW that link you shared goes to a golf tournament what is that?

9 Likes

Re: unique Rivers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:50pm On Jun 22, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
kiss
Thanks for this kiss
hope you enjoyed the sermon?grin

1 Like

Re: unique Rivers by andresia(m): 2:50pm On Jun 22, 2016
Tonye, hope you are prepared for the onslaught from ipobians?

10 Likes

Re: unique Rivers by Shydon(m): 2:54pm On Jun 22, 2016
This guy remains the 'only' SENSIBLE WAILER around. I respect him for some of the unbiased analyses he made (or is making).

9 Likes

Re: unique Rivers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:54pm On Jun 22, 2016
andresia:
Tonye, hope you are prepared for the onslaught from ipobians?
Haba... I don't think there would be any. Wetin concern IPOB struggle and Fayose account?
Re: unique Rivers by modath(f): 2:57pm On Jun 22, 2016
No comment, Just here to observe the drama Barca's "connect" will stage... smiley

*MODIFIED*

Tonye, since Shekau Sheriff staged an "hostile takeover" of PDP from you guys, you've become "objective" once again..... smiley

5 Likes

Re: unique Rivers by AtlanticBreeze: 2:57pm On Jun 22, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
[s]Having taking my time to critically analyze the issue of legality on the freezing of the personal account of PDP and Ekiti state governor, Mr Ayo Fayose, I believe that it won't be out of place to air my opinion.

Before I proceed, I want to make it clear that my opinion on this issue is devoid of prejudice whatsoever nor influence by partisan bias. In other words, my opinion on this is strictly objective without fear or favor to any group or persons.

IS EFCC EMPOWERED TO FREEZE ACCOUNT UNDER INVESTIGATION?
I believe we should look at Section 34 (1) of the EFCC Act 2004 that specifically deals with it.

According to the Section,

“the Chairman of the Commission or any officer authorized by him may, if satisfied that the money in the account of a person is made through the commission of an offence under this Act or any enactment specified under Section 6(2) (a)-(f) of this Act, apply to the Court ex-parte for power to issue or instruct a bank examiner or such other appropriate authority to freeze the account.”

The provision clearly state that the Chairman of the Commission (EFCC) may apply to court for such order before it can freeze such account.

With this, it is safe to establish that the EFCC by law is empowered to freeze any bank account or financial asset under investigation after securing a valid court order.

CAN A GOVERNOR BE INVESTIGATED/HAS ACCOUNT FROZEN?
I believe that the Justices of the Supreme Court have ruled that while Section 308 of the 1999 Constitution (amended) grants governors and their deputies immunity from arrest, and criminal and civil prosecution, it doesn't grant them immunity from being investigated.

Going by Section 34(1) that empowers the Commission to freeze any account that may have connection with fraud during investigation and upon obtaining order from the court, and with the ruling of the apex court that investigation was not captured in immunity enjoyed by President, the Vice President, Governors, and Deputies, it is my humble opinion that their is no illegality in the freezing of a Governor's account provided such is backed by a valid court order.

DID EFCC ACT IN ILLEGALITY IN FREEZING GOV FAYOSE ACCOUNT?
Going by the analysis above, I believe that the freezing of governor Fayose account could only be illegal if done without obtaining court order as prescribed by the relevant section of EFCC Act 2004.

Governor Fayose should consider the option of going to court to reverse the action of the EFCC if he is convinced that the action amount to illegality and infringement on his right and privileges. I don't think wailing in the media can have any effect.

ON THE CONTROVERSIAL HALIBURTON AISHA BUHARI:
Having done my independent investigation, I came to conclusion that the said Aisha Buhari is an impostor and not related to the Wife of the President. These are my reasons;

1. The said Miss Aisha Buhari claimed to be the daughter of General Muhammadu Buhari and not the Wife of General Muhammadu Buhari.

However, Buhari in 2006 had denied having any daughter with such name. According to him;

“I don’t have any relationship with that Aisha Buhari,” Mr. Buhari said. “I don’t have any daughter called Aisha Buhari living outside this country. She is not my daughter.”
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2007/04/29/business/yourmoney/29lobby.html?pagewanted=all&referer=

2. The said Aisha of Haliburton was said to be in her middle age as at 2006, while Mrs Buhari is 47years of age as at now.

3. The Haliburton Aisha was said to have testified in the Haliburton case in the USA in 2006, there is no record that Mrs Buhari ever appeared in USA court to give any testimony.

4. Former EFCC Chairman and PDP Chieftain Mallam Nuhu Ribadu that handled the case had confirmed that the fraudulent Aisha is not the daughter of Mr President and has no relationship with him.

5. A Google search on the image of haliburton Aisha reveals no semblance with Mrs Aisha Buhari.

I believe that Mrs Aisha Buhari was a victim of identity fraud, and it won't be appropriate to further subject her to more victimisation/emotional trauma even though her party supporters would have done worse if former first lady and my kinswoman Dame Patience Jonathan was the subject.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria[/s]
let them take this junk to homepage as usual.... Rubbish

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: unique Rivers by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:58pm On Jun 22, 2016
Fayose is just playing to the gallery......he knows he is already a goner.....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: unique Rivers by andresia(m): 2:58pm On Jun 22, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Haba... I don't think there would be any. Wetin concern IPOB struggle and Fayose account?

Wetin concerned ipob yoots and Fayose account? Just wait until they arrive

AtlanticBreeze:

See the first avenger [img][/img]

11 Likes

Re: unique Rivers by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:59pm On Jun 22, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

E pain am cheesy

21 Likes

Re: unique Rivers by Bitterleafsoup: 3:02pm On Jun 22, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
Fayose is just playing to the gallery......he knows he is already a goner.....
Answer this. A whole US Senator went to jail, APCs new Mrs. Buhari roaming free in US ?
Just prove us wrong put the first lady in one of the 12 Presidential jets and go to Oyibo simple.

6 Likes

Re: unique Rivers by Achuwa1(m): 3:03pm On Jun 22, 2016
mr TONYEBARCANISTA

A guy from ph has promised to pay for a first class ticket & a 5 start hotel space for ur presidents wife if she will agree to go to the US on just a week vacation.
Let her travel to the US if she is clean & stop sending sarakis wife to represent her on official appointment.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: unique Rivers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:04pm On Jun 22, 2016
andresia:

People have right to be angry, so I can't blaim him for expressing his anger even though it was uncalled for.

I am not moved.

3 Likes

Re: unique Rivers by sauceEEP(m): 3:07pm On Jun 22, 2016
Nice one @ barca...

1 Like

Re: unique Rivers by grafikii: 3:08pm On Jun 22, 2016
Very well written, we have discussed haliburton Aisha issue several times in the past on this forum. Only kids believe this fayose nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: unique Rivers by AtlanticBreeze: 3:08pm On Jun 22, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

E pain am cheesy
welcome back Ms Ngene... How is the fraudulent change treating you... You expect this "research" from a pseudo nairaland intellectual based on google search to pain me when prominent legal luminaries have spoken against the dictatorial freezing of a govenors account? Lol

3 Likes

Re: unique Rivers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:08pm On Jun 22, 2016
Achuwa1:
mr TONYEBARCANISTA

A guy from ph has promised to pay for a first class ticket & a 5 start hotel space for ur presidents wife if she will agree to go to the US on just a week vacation.
Let her travel to the US if she is clean & stop sending sarakis wife to represent her on official appointment.
LOL You are very funny. I don't see how that affect the subject.

4 Likes

Re: unique Rivers by Bitterleafsoup: 3:10pm On Jun 22, 2016
Achuwa1:
mr TONYEBARCANISTA

When GEJ was suppose to be a refugee or seeking asylum in Ivory Coast because of EFCC he came back to 9ja, so did Auntie Ngozi. That's how you deal with accusations.
Now let Zoohari send his wife to DC, he himself has been countless times isn't it?

6 Likes

Re: unique Rivers by AtlanticBreeze: 3:10pm On Jun 22, 2016
andresia:

I stand with Fayose.... Cray from now till tommorrow.. Aisha Buhari is the real culprit of the scam.. Let her go to the US and prove herself not guilty

4 Likes

Re: unique Rivers by AtlanticBreeze: 3:12pm On Jun 22, 2016
A Google search on the image of haliburton Aisha reveals no semblance with Mrs Aisha Buhari.

This is just hilarious but trust nairaland admin to promote this junk

3 Likes

Re: unique Rivers by RZArecta(m): 3:13pm On Jun 22, 2016
Upon all the damage control and infantile explanations the APC zombies have been doing since morning, it took a "wailer" to lucidly set the records straight grin

2 Likes

Re: unique Rivers by AK481(m): 3:14pm On Jun 22, 2016
rubish analysis from a jobber well known for sucking balls.
a swordsman available to the highest bidder.

how about this,the aisha buhari who you claim is the imposter has a statement for your likes https://www.nairaland.com/3181465/aisha-buharis-alleged-impostor-speaks

the question is who is this aisha Buhari and provide a link of the aisha buhari that testified in court.

also provide a link of any visit of the first lady to the usa after 2005.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: unique Rivers by PRYCE(m): 3:14pm On Jun 22, 2016
No comment!
Re: unique Rivers by dridowu: 3:20pm On Jun 22, 2016
I don't have a choice than to agree with you on this. Fayose always looking for a cheap popularity, any way my iPodians has given him their support.

Re: unique Rivers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:22pm On Jun 22, 2016
AK481:
rubish analysis from a jobber well known for sucking balls.
a swordsman available to the highedt bidder.

how about this,the aisha buhari who you claim is the imposter hsd a statement for your likes https://www.nairaland.com/3181465/aisha-buharis-alleged-impostor-speaks
I read the link and the "source".

Firstly, the so called 'interview' appeared like one done in someone's bedroom by a blogger. Meaning there was no interview.

Secondly, this case did not start today. The claimed Aisha Buharo even claimed to be DAUGHTER not Wife of PMB and was found to be fraud. The subject even testified in court. The subject is nor invisible.

Thirdly, where are bosses Lalasticlala and Dominique?

4 Likes

Re: unique Rivers by thunder74(m): 3:25pm On Jun 22, 2016
Re: unique Rivers by temitemi1(m): 3:33pm On Jun 22, 2016
#IStandWithGovernorFayose...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: unique Rivers by Bitterleafsoup: 3:34pm On Jun 22, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Thanks for this kiss

hope you enjoyed the sermon?grin
As always you are a source of enjoyment wink

What did your investigation conclude from this evidence?

That the Lady in that passport is the same as one that can get close to such powerful men?

That the US would not have found out and documented if her claims about being related to Zoohari are false?

She was implicated in the Halliburton bribery scandal for which a US Congressman went to prison. If SHE IS NOT SCARED OF GETTING ARRESTED, why has she never traveled to US with husband?
It states clearly in Court documents below (page 22) that the evidence shows a wire transfer of $170,000.00 US Dollars from AISHA BUHARI to the company account of the convicted criminal.

http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/criminal-fraud/legacy/2012/06/01/11-06-09jefferson-sent-memo.pdf

Why not just fly to DC and sqash this matter?
How can the APC Buhari Aisha roam free in USA as of 2012, according to her Washington issued PASSPORT, while a Senator is jailed?
BTW the link you share is like you learn some trick from LiMo Academy grin

1 Like

Re: unique Rivers by bigerboy200: 3:34pm On Jun 22, 2016
can this post be pushed to the permanent site??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: unique Rivers by thunder74(m): 3:42pm On Jun 22, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Having taking my time to critically analyze the issue of legality on the freezing of the personal account of PDP and Ekiti state governor, Mr Ayo Fayose, I believe that it won't be out of place to air my opinion.

Before I proceed, I want to make it clear that my opinion on this issue is devoid of prejudice whatsoever nor influence by partisan bias. In other words, my opinion on this is strictly objective without fear or favor to any group or persons.

IS EFCC EMPOWERED TO FREEZE ACCOUNT UNDER INVESTIGATION?
I believe we should look at Section 34 (1) of the EFCC Act 2004 that specifically deals with it.

According to the Section,

“the Chairman of the Commission or any officer authorized by him may, if satisfied that the money in the account of a person is made through the commission of an offence under this Act or any enactment specified under Section 6(2) (a)-(f) of this Act, apply to the Court ex-parte for power to issue or instruct a bank examiner or such other appropriate authority to freeze the account.”

The provision clearly state that the Chairman of the Commission (EFCC) may apply to court for such order before it can freeze such account.

With this, it is safe to establish that the EFCC by law is empowered to freeze any bank account or financial asset under investigation after securing a valid court order.

CAN A GOVERNOR BE INVESTIGATED/HAS ACCOUNT FROZEN?
I believe that the Justices of the Supreme Court have ruled that while Section 308 of the 1999 Constitution (amended) grants governors and their deputies immunity from arrest, and criminal and civil prosecution, it doesn't grant them immunity from being investigated.

Going by Section 34(1) that empowers the Commission to freeze any account that may have connection with fraud during investigation and upon obtaining order from the court, and with the ruling of the apex court that investigation was not captured in immunity enjoyed by President, the Vice President, Governors, and Deputies, it is my humble opinion that their is no illegality in the freezing of a Governor's account provided such is backed by a valid court order.

DID EFCC ACT IN ILLEGALITY IN FREEZING GOV FAYOSE ACCOUNT?
Going by the analysis above, I believe that the freezing of governor Fayose account could only be illegal if done without obtaining court order as prescribed by the relevant section of EFCC Act 2004.

Governor Fayose should consider the option of going to court to reverse the action of the EFCC if he is convinced that the action amount to illegality and infringement on his right and privileges. I don't think wailing in the media can have any effect.
This is not your area and I dont think you are an authority on a legal matter.
The constitution says you cant prosecute governors and President in court while in office and can the same court give an order over a man he does not have power to prosecute. He could be investigated but no court can make an order that will affect his person or property while he is still the governor. Nemo dat qua non abet the court cant give what it does not have. Before the experte application, EFCC must have applied like "EFCC vs FAYOSE", and once that name is presented before any responsible court, the application should be declined. Between the constitution and EFCC Act which should prevail? I think we should stop supporting illegalities because it is Fayose today, it may be your turn tomorrow.

As for Aisha, I dont have any problem with her. I want her to go to USA today or anytime soon to put Fayose and Co. to shame that she is not wanted in the USA. Have you not observed that with all the money and influence Atiku has with diplomatic passport, Atiku does not visit USA.

5 Likes

Re: unique Rivers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:42pm On Jun 22, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:

As always you are a source of enjoyment wink

What did your investigation conclude from this evidence?

That the Lady in that passport is the same as one that can get close to such powerful men?

That the US would not have found out and documented if her claims about being related to Zoohari are false?

She was implicated in the Halliburton bribery scandal for which a US Congressman went to prison. If SHE IS NOT SCARED OF GETTING ARRESTED, why has she never traveled to US with husband?
It states clearly in Court documents below (page 22) that the evidence shows a wire transfer of $170,000.00 US Dollars from AISHA BUHARI to the company account of the convicted criminal.

http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/criminal-fraud/legacy/2012/06/01/11-06-09jefferson-sent-memo.pdf

Why not just fly to DC and sqash this matter?
How can the APC Buhari Aisha roam free in USA as of 2012, according to her Washington issued PASSPORT, while a Senator is jailed?
I don't even get your point.

1. Nobody is arguing that there was no 'certain' Aisha Buhari but the problem is the Halibutton Buhari is an IMPOSTOR.

2. The Halibut ton Buhari claimed to be the DAUGHTER of PMB And not WIFE. Is there any Aisha Buhari in PMB children?

3. Can Mrs Buhari double as both the Daughter and the wife of Buhari?

4. If EFCC Chairman Ribadu(as at then) and then Head of Operations Ibrahim could not establish any relationship between PMB and the impostor as at 2006, then how come you now link to the Wife? Do you have more information than the investigating body?

5. What is your argument?

and pls I never made any reference to any passport. I am working on available information.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba / Another Buhari Supporter Regrets (pics) / Top 10 Oil Producing States In Nigeria 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.