Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,464 members, 7,770,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:53 AM

Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years (129961 Views)

Nestlé Golden Morn Too Much Sugar / This Is What I Saw On The Golden Penny Spaghetti / Nestlé Responds To Golden Morn Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by ammnesty: 12:20pm On Oct 13, 2012
Peterwins: For parents with children under 3 years kindly reach for a pack of Golden Morn and confirm this info. If you do not have a pack within reach, kindly get to the nearest store or supermarket and check the age restriction. I find it hard to believe that such a sensitive info is not boldly written to alert unsuspecting parents.
@op av chkd the park n i even av it in frnt of me nw n i cnt find any age restrictns oh...wat i c is dat it is a balanced n healthy diet 4 al family members...pls if u can snap it n shw us it would b very gud..

1 Like

Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by pingo(m): 12:20pm On Oct 13, 2012
Choi! My son has been taking this cereal since the past one year and he is just 2 yrs now. Thanks for this info. God blesscry cry cry cry
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by Coldfeet(f): 12:22pm On Oct 13, 2012
JallowBah:

Well, I`m married to a gambian. Our kid has been eating african food since she was about one year old, just with a little less pepper than normal.

What was your point here?
Exactly my thoughts feeding a one year old akpu and ewedu or any swallow isn't really a bad idea just make sure its not too thick! akpu especially,and the soup not peppery! My mother grew up on akpu and ofe ogbankpo! Its copy copy of the west that has made our own food taboo to us.

6 Likes

Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 13, 2012
ronkebp: it is because all this stu/pid companies are not being sued, that is why, they are still doing their thing non-challantly. All parents should come together, open their mouths and scream at the top of their voices...."Life is very important, Life should be made the top priority". I am so angry.....nonsense marketers, My God will expose them.

We are working on it... A lot of processed junks being sold out there as foods.. We need to stick to our natural food : But will our people listen ? We are so carried away with "western lifestyle". There was a report by BBC that says there will be 40% jump in obesity and heart disease in Africa.

We can always learn from the Hausa's. They stick to their homemade foods most of the time and are slimmer, healthier( you see them walk from kafachan to zubachan selling stuff and their girls are wow....

Awara; very soft ( made with soya bean), Rithi( made with sesame seed), fura de nono, gero and many more...

But we down south, we are too "westernized" to utilize our own natural food... No wonder these foreign companies are having a field day putting out all these processed junks they call food.

2 Likes

Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by dominique(f): 12:29pm On Oct 13, 2012
My friend called my notice to it a couple of months ago. Nestle should have made the sign more visible.
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by twinstaiye(m): 12:29pm On Oct 13, 2012
see the warning in white texts

Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by Super1759: 12:30pm On Oct 13, 2012
davies123:

You haven't said anything! What was written?
that golden morn is not suitable for under 3 and indomie isn't suitable for under 50 cheesy
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by tpia5: 12:34pm On Oct 13, 2012
Coldfeet: Exactly my thoughts feeding a one year old akpu and ewedu or any swallow isn't really a bad idea just make sure its not too thick! akpu especially,and the soup not peppery! My mother grew up on akpu and ofe ogbankpo! Its copy copy of the west that has made our own food taboo to us.

Not sure what food was being referred to, since we do not know what they eat in gambia.

And if the food in question is fulani, then it might be milk products or something like tuwo.
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by Coldfeet(f): 12:35pm On Oct 13, 2012
[quote author=heavensown]I've got a 500g Nestle Golden morn classic (maize with soya) and I can't find any infant warnings or anything of such that everyone is talking about undecided
Or is it a different brand which is unsuitable? [/quote Its not on the 500g but its clearly written on the 1kg!! Will try and upload a pix.

1 Like

Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 13, 2012
Coldfeet: Exactly my thoughts feeding a one year old akpu and ewedu or any swallow isn't really a bad idea just make sure its not too thick! akpu especially,and the soup not peppery! My mother grew up on akpu and ofe ogbankpo! Its copy copy of the west that has made our own food taboo to us.

God bless you. We need more wives like you in Nigeria and Africa at large....

I lived in the west for sometime and ignorantly eat all those their junk toxins. For years i wasn't myself. When I came back to Nigeria and religiously eat our food, my system flushed and still flushing the toxins and the fact that i feel better is an understatement. Issues like this one arouses my sensitivity.

Our food and indeed natural foods are medicinal and more nutritious. Coporations should be put under a microscope especially when it comes to matters of food and Medicines....

2 Likes

Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by Coldfeet(f): 12:56pm On Oct 13, 2012
heavensown: I've got a 500g Nestle Golden morn classic (maize with soya) and I can't find any infant warnings or anything of such that everyone is talking about undecided
Or is it a different brand which is unsuitable?

1 Like

Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by kossko(f): 12:59pm On Oct 13, 2012
Thanks for the info. Golden morn was introduce to me by my friend and I hv been feeding my baby with it since she was one, though she eat other foods very well and she is doing fine but I never notice this, what I always check when buying it is the exp. Date. pls can u tell me what to start giving her in place of G.M?
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by Paentera(m): 1:05pm On Oct 13, 2012
The OP has made this seriously an alarming post but failed to tell us exactly why the cereal is alarming. Ok, it is not to be fed to kids under age 3 however you did not complete your assignment before screaming blue murder. You did well by informing us, but it would have been an excellent post if you had also researched and gave us the feedback of your research as to why this is so. The kid will still take the cereal at 3 years not so? Let us know why its dangerous to feed it to them between age 0 & 2.99. grin cool
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by Mavrick2012: 1:07pm On Oct 13, 2012
@OP tanks a lot.i wil infom mywife imediatly.yes,dis r d kind of infos dat afects d price of garri.tanks once more

1 Like

Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by lekanwj(m): 1:15pm On Oct 13, 2012
Thanks for the info, it's really useful. I use to think Golden Morn is meant for children, now I know better. My sister inlaw once mock my brother for asking for golden morn for brakefast.
Useful info thanks.
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by OkwaIfugo(m): 1:43pm On Oct 13, 2012
Good Info.
keep it up.
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 13, 2012
Paentera: The OP has made this seriously an alarming post but failed to tell us exactly why the cereal is alarming. Ok, it is not to be fed to kids under age 3 however you did not complete your assignment before screaming blue murder. You did well by informing us, but it would have been an excellent post if you had also researched and gave us the feedback of your research as to why this is so. The kid will still take the cereal at 3 years not so? Let us know why its dangerous to feed it to them between age 0 & 2.99. grin cool

They will continually take last in class... grin grin grin.

I know, cos I took it when I was 6 months. The last position was always reserved for moi cry.
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 13, 2012
But i know kids who were fed golden morn below d age of three. They're alive, got sound mind, intelligent, hale and hearty! undecided

1 Like

Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by whiteeyes: 2:20pm On Oct 13, 2012
Yeah, my son is a year three now n has been on friso n pap. Wanted a change n went for 1kg golden morn but before feeding discovered da warning. Warning at the reverse side of pack, written in white! Think shouldav been in RED anyway!

Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by lat4real: 2:21pm On Oct 13, 2012
Richfella: .

They will continually take last in class... grin grin grin.

I know, cos I took it when I was 6 months. The last position was always reserved for moi cry.

LMAO.... Laugh wan tear ma belle ooo
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by othenok(f): 2:22pm On Oct 13, 2012
Although my boy loves eating our native food he equally loves snacking on Golden Morn. He will be 3 by Jan so i guess its already too late undecided
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by Beync(f): 2:32pm On Oct 13, 2012
this is surprising, I know lots of mothers who feed their babies below 1yr with goldenmorn. I guess they are unaware of this info. But nestle did not try on their own. Dis is something to be written boldly where one can easily see the info at a glance.
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by burningspear(m): 2:34pm On Oct 13, 2012

Spot on! I keep asking why westernize our food also? We are rich in greenfield. Let's feed our kids with foods from our own soil, prepared by us. And less visit to hospitals! Golden Morn, Silver morn, ... crap! I still yearn for ofe ogbankpo!

2 Likes

Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by sheilaeze: 2:36pm On Oct 13, 2012
I don't know what this is about , but in my family, once a baby turns 1, we stop all the expensive formulas and baby foods and switch to golden morn and peak 123 and so far, all the babies are doing great.
I did exclusive breastfeeding for my daughter and getting her to eat thereafter was a major challenge. She's 1 and the only food she willingly accepts is golden morn and she's putting on a lot of weight. Though she also takes pap and custard.Well, some meds which are clearly written; not for children under 2 are prescribed by pediatricians for babies under 1 but at reduced doses so u never know wit these things. Whatever works for u and ur baby jare. Good luck !

1 Like

Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by 2black(m): 2:36pm On Oct 13, 2012
The warning is written very boldly and even with a colour different from the other info printed on the pack,so why are you condemning the company?

2 Likes

Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by ninamyers: 2:36pm On Oct 13, 2012
@j girl. My baby bro is like that his is 23 now n still doesn't eat meat, fish , chicken, turkey, snails. Eggs n Fura da nunu(cow milk) my mum had to force him as a child to eat eggs, if she sneaks meat wrapped in eba he will vomit it on time, she tried all means to get him to take meat products, till she gave up tryin @ 13yrs, all this started wen he was 1 n a half. He used to b really skinny n tall but now his chubby 6pack n all cos he gyms.

1 Like

Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 13, 2012
Golden morn old pack doesnt hv dz age restriction. but its nw on their new pack which amazed me cos hav bn given it to my baby gal since she was 1yr but nw i hv stoped it cos lately she started complaining of stomach cramp wen am giving her d golden morn.
i think nestle company jux discovered it dat its nt suitable for age 2 n below
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by thaira(f): 2:37pm On Oct 13, 2012
Peterwins: For parents with children under 3 years kindly reach for a pack of Golden Morn and confirm this info. If you do not have a pack within reach, kindly get to the nearest store or supermarket and check the age restriction. I find it hard to believe that such a sensitive info is not boldly written to alert unsuspecting parents.

Well I've seen infants been fed Golden morn though the mother saw the warning. My one year old takes it for breakfast. No biggie. I take it as Nestle been very careful to not hurt kids as there's a tendency for kids under a year to be fed just one type of food day in, day out.
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by thaira(f): 2:48pm On Oct 13, 2012

my boy has been eating amala and okro since he was 7months. He loves it. I didn't start him on akpu and eba till he was 14 months and he loves them especially when i add fresh fish to the okro or ewedu. Golden morn's breakfast but we get creative the rest of the day.

2 Likes

Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by Seun(m): 2:49pm On Oct 13, 2012
thaira: my boy has been eating amala and okro since he was 7months. He loves it. I didn't start him on akpu and eba till he was 14 months and he loves them especially when i add fresh fish to the okro or ewedu. Golden morn's breakfast but we get creative the rest of the day.
And then when he grows up you'll wonder why he's short and not as smart as his peers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by pappilo(m): 2:59pm On Oct 13, 2012
We "import" Golden Morn and my boy has been eating it since he was like 6 months. He is now 5 and has never had a problem. Golden Morn is like his night prayer. Regardless of what he has eaten for dinner, once he feels like sleeping, he comes to ask for his nightcap (a bowl of Golden Morn)
Re: Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years by Deltagal: 3:01pm On Oct 13, 2012
Jidegirl go to wholesomebabyfood.com

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Traditional Wedding Cakes! / Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown / Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.