Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting (14935 Views)

All Primary And Secondary Schools To Remain Closed Till October 13 / Lagos State University(lasu) Closed Till Further Notice!!! / The Polytechnic Ibadan Closed Till Further Notice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 10, 2012
The increment in school fees has caused a great problem in the life of students and also the calender of the school curriculum as usual.we are forced to pay a a fee ranging from 80,000 to 120,000 for second year to final year student and the first year students are to pay above this sum ie 120,000 and above.

Yesterday,security operatives were sent into the exam halls to send students away,this was against the wish of the lecturers but it was believed that the authority was from the state government.

The final year students whom are writing their degree exams could not take this as they began to destroy some school properties which attracted the attention of security operatives(army).

Exams were stopped as the riot continued and today,students are burning tires,no one was actually injured,security operatives seems to understand the students better this time and left them to continue,the school gate has been shut and students in the hostels were given till 6pm to vacate the hostels as well.

please Nairalanders and my good people of this nation,is this government doing the right thing?please intervene on our behalf.

God bless you
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 10, 2012
Nigeria: one day one trouble.

2 Likes

Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by sylve11: 3:53pm On Oct 10, 2012
120k for the nonsense they are offering as teachings. cool

2 Likes

Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by Odinaka00(m): 3:54pm On Oct 10, 2012
One day pesin go die becuz of bad news.....tufiakwa 4 dz country

4 Likes

Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by mrperfect(m): 3:54pm On Oct 10, 2012
Why this increase of school fees here and there?
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by SlyIg(f): 3:54pm On Oct 10, 2012
Its a pity. Why cant Abia state do something close to what Imo state govt is doing. Its in a matter like this that Mr. Peter Obi of Anambra will tell the world that education is not for everyone. How much does the Imo state govt make that is making education bearable for their children. The same govt makes you cry,and its the same govt you will cry to. Hmmmmm...
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by slimyem: 3:55pm On Oct 10, 2012
I'm so tired of hearing all these bad news...
Gosh!!

1 Like

Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by executinal(m): 3:56pm On Oct 10, 2012
How much is the minimum wage again?
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by 1ndidi2(f): 3:56pm On Oct 10, 2012
Dio mio! Abasi mbo!

Nna nyi no n'eligwe,ka otito diri n'aha gi. KA E ME UCHE GI n'uwa, ka OCHICHI gi bia,e kwela kanyi daba na njo! Ma zoputa anyi n'ajo ihe! Amin.

2 Likes

Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by Mcdondayan: 3:57pm On Oct 10, 2012
T.A Orji, worse governor in Nigeria. Funny enough it my state

3 Likes

Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by vascey(m): 3:57pm On Oct 10, 2012
Odinaka00: One day pesin go die becuz of bad news.....tufiakwa 4 dz country

Nna eh... I don't listen to news anymore o. Too much bad news can mess with your psyche.

1 Like

Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by Todaynatoday: 3:59pm On Oct 10, 2012
120k can be used to start a legitimate & profitable business. They had better reduce the fees, it's outrageous!
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by chievo: 4:00pm On Oct 10, 2012
SlyIg: Its a pity. Why cant Abia state do something close to what Imo state govt is doing. Its in a matter like this that Mr. Peter Obi of Anambra will tell the world that education is not for everyone. How much does the Imo state govt make that is making education bearable for their children. The same govt makes you cry,and its the same govt you will cry to. Hmmmmm...
....I taya ooo
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by elRoi: 4:01pm On Oct 10, 2012
FED POLY MUBI CLOSED (OCTOBER 2, 2012)
UNIPORT CLOSED (OCTOBER 9, 2012)
ABSU CLOSED (OCTOBER 10, 2012)

WHO'S NEXT?

in any way you look at it, our youths are the negative receiving side; if not killing, unjustifiable school fees, and all sort of vices.

LEADERS OF TOMORROW INDEED.

1 Like

Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by yugogos(m): 4:02pm On Oct 10, 2012
Is there any progrm like Nigeria runin insyd a particular database that has been programmed for collapse soon?will we ever wake up to hear anytin good again in this nation?
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by onatisi(m): 4:04pm On Oct 10, 2012
naija news is getting boring ,nothing positive is
coming out.if it is not boko
haram,kidnapping,someone been thrown from the
8th floor,flooding ,acn vs pdp,gej then it will be
corruption ,it is really disheartneing.sad stories
always seems to be the story of the day in naija.
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by packman: 4:07pm On Oct 10, 2012
[size=30pt]MAKE WE DEY WATCH NOW WAT WOULD IT LEAD TO......

I TINK ITS TIME FOR REVOLUTON IN THIS COUNTRY ENOF IS ENOF[/size]

1 Like

Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by saleeh: 4:08pm On Oct 10, 2012
sylve11: 120k for the nonsense they are offering as teachings. cool
...you're right...it's totally nonsense
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by uceee(m): 4:08pm On Oct 10, 2012
Yesterday, it was UNN, today, it is ABSU. South eastern unis love money pass. Yet those schools no be them better pass. Too bad.
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by ugosly(m): 4:11pm On Oct 10, 2012
el-Roi:
FED POLY MUBI CLOSED (OCTOBER 2, 2012)

WHO'S NEXT?

in any way you look at it, our youths are the negative receiving side; if not killing, unjustifiable school fees, and all sort of vices.

LEADERS OF TOMORROW INDEED.
that of UNN is in the offing.[quote author=el-Roi]FED POLY MUBI CLOSED (OCTOBER 2, 2012)

WHO'S NEXT?

that of UNN is in the offing.
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 10, 2012
I think it's high time I take a vacation abroad; it's long overdue.
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by hollybee: 4:12pm On Oct 10, 2012
May GOD help us I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ this country....dey ask EKSU student τ̲̅☺ pay some of #10,500 Fø̲̣̣я̅ damages...I hope dis will ₪☺t cus another riot
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by acidtalk: 4:13pm On Oct 10, 2012
Na this Usel*ess Raji Fashola Of Lagos start this increment in school fees oh! Now other state owned Universities are charging more than some private univerSities now.

No worry make una dey watch.
When everyone drops out of school and pick up arms and join Armed robbery, kidnapping, Bunkering and militant, we will see were you politicians will hide.

You will deceive people to get their votes and only turn around to torment and humiliate those same people.

Are this not the people Nigerian youth are meant to fight against? Instead they are all clamoring for the wipe out of Aluu villages.

Use*less people and their misplaced priorities.
Una never suffer. When them start with una ehn, na Niger and Chad una go dey go school
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by onatisi(m): 4:14pm On Oct 10, 2012
val_dee: I think it's high time I take a vacation abroad; it's long overdue.
naija is messed up ,believe me
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by friedrice1: 4:15pm On Oct 10, 2012
magabyte: The increment in school fees has caused a great problem in the life of students and also the calender of the school curriculum as usual.we are forced to pay a a fee ranging from 80,000 to 120,000 for second year to final year student and the first year students are to pay above this sum ie 120,000 and above.

Yesterday,security operatives were sent into the exam halls to send students away,this was against the wish of the lecturers but it was believed that the authority was from the state government.

The final year students whom are writing their degree exams could not take this as they began to destroy some school properties which attracted the attention of security operatives(army).

Exams were stopped as the riot continued and today,students are burning tires,no one was actually injured,security operatives seems to understand the students better this time and left them to continue,the school gate has been shut and students in the hostels were given till 6pm to vacate the hostels as well.

please Nairalanders and my good people of this nation,is this government doing the right thing?please intervene on our behalf.

God bless you
I thought the Fees were increased at the beginning of the Year.
OR was the fees increased just before the second semester exams?
Must it take them to be driven out of the exam Halls before they protest the hike in fees that was effected at the beginning of the year.

Its like one waking up now to protest the Fuel price hike announced Jan 1st.

2 Likes

Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 10, 2012
onatisi:
naija is messed up ,believe me

Yes bro, it's a shame.

These may be the catalyst for something better, just may be ...
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by akanutong: 4:18pm On Oct 10, 2012
Daily Post investigation reveals that none of the four murdered students at Aluu was involved in robbery or any kind of pilfering. Our correspondent spoke with an anonymous colleague of the late Lloyd and Ugo whom he said were aspiring musicians and his colleagues.

It was gathered from the source that Ugo and Lloyd were cousins. Someone was indebted to Ugo around the community and had vowed not to pay. Ugo who was popularly known as Tipsy had gone to meet with a fearless University guy (name-withheld) to help them track the debtor who had been on the run. The guy who was feared by many in the school had accepted to accompany his friends to get the debtor tracked down and get his own percentage of the money. They were joined by their room mate, Chidiaka. On their way to the place, they met one of their friends, Tekena, who knew nothing about the plan, and he joined, just for the hype as it’s normal with young boys of juvenile age.

They were actu
ally 5 that got to the debtor’s compound. Unknown to the other four, the “Confra” guy who was contracted to intimidate the debtor just to get the money paid went with a gun .When they got to the guy’s house around 12am, fight ensued, as the debtor confronted them. A next door neighbour, a woman started shouting on top of her voice, that they were thieves, attracting other bad boys around the areas, whom they said were mainly “Vikings”, rival cult group to the one on contract. They swung into action by tipping the village vigilantee who confronted the boys, referring to them as thieves. At the process of beating the boys, and while they were trying to explain, the fifth ‘guy’,the cultist brought out his gun to scare the people, and he escaped, leaving the rest four at the mercy of the villagers.

The explanation they tried to give fell on the community’s deaf ears as the people insisted that they must be killed.

This story got to Daily Post as an eyewitness account from the 5th boy who escaped. He narrated this to others.
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by acidtalk: 4:20pm On Oct 10, 2012
When did daily post become Police (CID)?

Daily Post copied and pasted the fo0lish broadcast being spread by people who can hardly reason.

*Pay someone to get money
*A Guy was feared in the whole School
*He went with a Gun
*Went at 12am (TWELVE AM)

And all these adds up right?
Even my 15years old son won't accept such crap.

You have all probably heard of the addage "SHOW ME YOUR FRIEND AND I WILL TELL YOU WHO YOU ARE" and "BIRDS OF A FEATHER....." Make una complete am.

2 Likes

Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by IyfeNamikaze(m): 4:24pm On Oct 10, 2012
lol... Skul fees was never increased frm 90 to 120, that is my skul and i wil tell u wat realy happened.
This session, the skul fees was increased frm 52 to 90/80(depending on ur course of study)... So bcuz the fees was to outragous, the skul authority allowed students to pay atleast N45.000 for 1st semester. So nw during this semester exam, those who paid half payment which is N45.000 were denied frm writing their degree exam. Students revolted, saying that since they will still pay the remaining fees during their(our) clearance,they suld be allowed to write the exam,but the authority were doing blockhead..blockhead! So trust my ABSU guys na.. We no d carry last. We had to stop all the exams and off the skul generator.
What pains me most is that this same govt that is demanding for our fees is still owing civil servants for 3months! IMAGINE!!! Where is T.A orji expecting us to get the money from?

As i'm talking to u nw, militry men are marching towards our hostels,coming to vacate us by fire by force! I hope they dont shoot us oo!!

2 Likes

Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by belicov(m): 4:24pm On Oct 10, 2012
Dunno wat iz appenin unn also added 12000 naira to ₫ students skool fees for internet fees tell me iz it all ₫ students dat use laptops or çãñ browse wat of ₫ blind
Re: ABSU Closed Till Further Notice: Students Protesting by chucky234(m): 4:24pm On Oct 10, 2012
Fashola pioneered school fees increment when he increased Lagos glorious secondary school(LASU) fees last year,its expected that other universities will follow suit.
Hmmm students paying N120,000 as school fees for all the gbagaun they are being taught,haba its too much na.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NOUN No Longer Second Class Varsity, Says VC / Any Good GMAT Lecture Centre In Lagos? / Prof Alele Williams' Death: A Woman Of Integrity & A Trailblazer - Ogiemwonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.