Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,750 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale (3216 Views)

The Awoists have destroyed Awolowo's legacy:Yemi Cregx writes Governor Ambode / Finally, Someone Defends Sam Omatseye From The Awoists / Zstr. See You!Oyinlola, Oni And Pdp Submitted Fake Call Logs! Fake Awoists! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by chosen04(f): 6:08pm On Oct 11, 2012
Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by ikeyman00(m): 6:19pm On Oct 11, 2012
@@@@

live
Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by aljharem(m): 6:26pm On Oct 11, 2012
But how many times do people apologise to Igbos/Biafrans

Frankly Yorubas and other Nigerians are tired of apologising and have decided to move on

I guess you all including the man I once respected Achebe do the same.

Forget Nairaland, even though Igbos are at fault or not, Yorubas have given including Awolowo unreserved apology for something they did not do cuz of the bond and love. It is time for Igbos to soften their stony heart and accept our apology as brothers would do.
Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by T9ksy(m): 6:39pm On Oct 11, 2012
alj harem: But how many times do people apologise to Igbos/Biafrans

Frankly Yorubas and other Nigerians are tired of apologising and have decided to move on

I guess you all including the man I once respected Achebe do the same.

Forget Nairaland, even though Igbos are at fault or not, Yorubas have given including Awolowo unreserved apology for something they did not do cuz of the bond and love. It is time for Igbos to soften their stony heart and accept our apology as brothers would do.

And who has been apologising to biafrans and for what reason?

Apologise ko, Depologise ni!!!

1 Like

Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by chosen04(f): 6:46pm On Oct 11, 2012
T9ksy:

Ewu awusa

Stop living in denial. . . . . .Thank God a sensible yoruba man is talking not ANU NPAMA like you.
Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by aljharem(m): 6:50pm On Oct 11, 2012
T9ksy:

grin grin ;Dbros people have been apologising. It might not be directly but surly they have been ever since after the war.

From Gowon to Awolowo etc.
Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by chosen04(f): 6:55pm On Oct 11, 2012
^^^^^^^^

You mean signs of regret for the evil done by those men is now an apology?
Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by aljharem(m): 6:58pm On Oct 11, 2012
chosen04: ^^^^^^^^

You mean signs of regret for the evil done by those men is now an apology?

Not a sign of regret but a sign of sympathy. You can call them all you like but at least they have done the honourable thing, not cuz of biafra but cuz of the civilian causalities.

so now that the did is done, would Igbos move on or would they continue witchhurting people doing their civil duties.

1 Like

Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by gerald28: 7:02pm On Oct 11, 2012
@ Alj hareem, Do you think it is easy to forgive Evil act of such magnitude do you know that there is no family in the whole igbo land that did not lose their loved ones in that war. It is not about verbal apology, but putting things in place to make sure igbos are fully incooperated into the society. The federal government has to start fixing the federal roads in all South eastern states and make sure there is Federal presence in all the region, they should map out like say 20 billion naira for total construction of the whole south-east, that is how it is done in a sane country. That igbos statered to have some sense of belonging in this hell hole called Nigeria is because Jonathan is in charge.... had it been a Yoruba man or Hausa man, things will still be the same as it used to be, what did Obasanjo the evil man did for the igbos, what did Yarua Dua did, though he was a nice person, but his kins men wouldn't let him be. igbos needs to be rehabilitation, that is the only way Ndigbo will forget all that happened, they shouldn't be sidelined in the scheme of things, else peace,harmony, progress,love,unity will continue to elude Nigeria. Thank you my brother.
Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by dayokanu(m): 7:07pm On Oct 11, 2012
And when would Igbos apologize for truncating our first republic, killing other regional leaders while sparing theirs, Imposing Unitary govt on us, Invading Midwest and Southwest among other things

2 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by aljharem(m): 7:19pm On Oct 11, 2012
gerald28: @ Alj hareem, Do you think it is easy to forgive Evil act of such magnitude do you know that there is no family in the whole igbo land that did not lose their loved ones in that war.

Yes I understand yes it is difficult but let me use you here if you don't mind.

You were not born during the war, neither did you see the your loved one die as a result of the war so why are you inparticular angry ? Yes the only reason you are angry is because of the stories you read and told by your elders. They told you Awolowo and Gowon are evil people etc but have you search deep to find the situation they were in and how YOUR own leaders could have helped you ?

gerald28: @ but putting things in place to make sure igbos are fully incooperated into the society. The federal government has to start fixing the federal roads in all South eastern states and make sure there is Federal presence in all the region, they should map out like say 20 billion naira for total construction of the whole south-east, that is how it is done in a sane country.

What makes you think Igbos are not incooperated into the society ? It is a common Nigerian saying that if you go to a place and don't find an Igbo man then it is unsafe for people to live in their. From this saying couple with other multinational, governmental and private organisations having Igbos in large numbers in them, I guess it is safe to say they igbos are adequately represented in all spheres of the society unless of course greed wants to set in. But compare to the Yorubas, Hausas and Fulanis, Igbos are more represented.

20 billion !!!! The amount spent on the SEern region alone in a year is more than that so in fact 20 billion is too small. The problem lies with the government officals also from the SE IN THE SE. There is not much the FG can do.

The only issue remaining is probably SE wants the capital to be based in their region. Yes I think some years down the line that would be done.

gerald28: @ That igbos statered to have some sense of belonging in this hell hole called Nigeria is because Jonathan is in charge.... had it been a Yoruba man or Hausa man, things will still be the same as it used to be, what did Obasanjo the evil man did for the igbos, what did Yarua Dua did, though he was a nice person, but his kins men wouldn't let him be. igbos needs to be rehabilitation, that is the only way Ndigbo will forget all that happened, they shouldn't be sidelined in the scheme of things, else peace,harmony, progress,love,unity will continue to elude Nigeria. Thank you my brother.

I think compare to all the past government, OBJ and Yaradua did well for the Igbos. If you disagree, then I would bring out facts to show you that the north is also being abandoned by GEJ in this admin and Yaradua abandoned the SW.

We are all humans, we can't be perfect but only try to be. If you are the president today which I hope to see, you would focus on the SE more than other regions from the way you are talking. That is not how to run a country like Nigeria, you just have to try your best and pray that God helps you out.

Yes some things need to change but it is a gradual process. The process would be fast if we focus on the issues affecting this nation like you pointed out not what a yoruba man or hausa or igbo man did. Achebe the man I once respected was wrong by doing the opposite.
Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by chosen04(f): 7:21pm On Oct 11, 2012
alj harem:

Not a sign of regret but a sign of sympathy. You can call them all you like but at least they have done the honourable thing, not cuz of biafra but cuz of the civilian causalities.

so now that the did is done, would Igbos move on or would they continue witchhurting people doing their civil duties.

Who did they sympathize for? I guess for the cursed entity called niGERia?
Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by MrGlobe(m): 7:24pm On Oct 11, 2012
dayokanu: And when would Igbos apologize for truncating our first republic, killing other regional leaders while sparing theirs, Imposing Unitary govt on us, Invading Midwest and Southwest among other things
which your stoopid first republic? is it by force to stay together!! I thought you love your fellow Yoruba people why not go and form your own oduduwa repulblic. We have nothing in common with amala nurtw rascals and boko haram people, thats why we want out. chikena. if you want any apology, you can join your mentor with the latest rat poison.
Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by aljharem(m): 7:25pm On Oct 11, 2012
chosen04:

Who did they sympathize for? I guess for the cursed entity called niGERia?

whether cursed or not, we are in the entity so better you start working around it. So ndi Nigeria gu ko ngozi gi wink
Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by aljharem(m): 7:26pm On Oct 11, 2012
Mr. Globe:

which your stoopid first republic? is it by force to stay together!! I thought you love your fellow Yoruba people why not go and form your own oduduwa repulblic. We have nothing in common with amala nurtw rascals and boko haram people, thats why we want out. chikena. if you want any apology, you can join your mentor with the latest rat poison.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin dere ndo nwannem
Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by ektbear: 7:27pm On Oct 11, 2012
Meh

Just because the author is Yoruba doesn't mean I have to agree with him.

He is entitled to his own opinion.

There is this one Igbo author who is always attacking Igbos online...do you guys agree with everything he says?
Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by jidestar: 7:30pm On Oct 11, 2012
Rubbish writer. HE SHOULD SPEAK FOR HIMSELF.
Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by MrGlobe(m): 7:31pm On Oct 11, 2012
Quite refreshing to read a brilliantly written and intellectual article from a well exposed yoruba man. Very rare. Not the dummies littered in Nigeria that have had their brains blocked by ewedu. I need to really learn about that steve jobs story. very pathetic.
Thumbs up Francis Adewale. Your article will put that azz wipe femi kayode called an article to eternal dustbin rest.
Soyinka, Adewale, Fela>
Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by MrGlobe(m): 7:35pm On Oct 11, 2012
alj harem: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin dere ndo nwannem
taaa gbafuo there ahj with your cunning self cheesy
Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by aljharem(m): 7:40pm On Oct 11, 2012
Mr. Globe:

taaa gbafuo there ahj with your cunning self cheesy
grin grin grin cunning ke, But in reality, ndi yoruba o yoro ngbaghara.

That is strong Igbo for you wink lets stop this biafra awo crap and focus on the current issues even if we do not agree at least it is more productive than 1960 issues
Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by dayokanu(m): 7:41pm On Oct 11, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Sorry your Azikwe brought us together by force, Your ironsi foisted the unitary system on us.

So we would have to stay together until others are tired. We wont be joining and breaking up just because Igbos want it.

Until we finish the humiliation of Igbos we wont stop

Take heart

1 Like

Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by Standing5(m): 7:45pm On Oct 11, 2012
At least we can now see that Akintola still has loyalist spanning the various tribes of Nigeria.
Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by chosen04(f): 8:00pm On Oct 11, 2012
alj harem:

whether cursed or not, we are in the entity so better you start working around it. So ndi Nigeria gu ko ngozi gi wink

. . . .And what has been the result since your fore father started trying to make the cursed entity work?
Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by dayokanu(m): 8:02pm On Oct 11, 2012
Standing5: At least we can now see that Akintola still has loyalist spanning the various tribes of Nigeria.

I am an Akintola loyalist and I share his opinion about Igbos being the problem with this country

2 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by MrGlobe(m): 8:03pm On Oct 11, 2012
dayokanu:

Sorry your Azikwe brought us together by force, Your ironsi foisted the unitary system on us.

So we would have to stay together until others are tired. We wont be joining and breaking up just because Igbos want it.

Until we finish the humiliation of Igbos we wont stop

Take heart
lol at the bolded... I dont know why you can say this especially when you people have been shut out from fg. what humiliation are you talking about dAyo.
Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by aljharem(m): 8:04pm On Oct 11, 2012
chosen04:

. . . .And what has been the result since your fore father started trying to make the cursed entity work?

Who's forefather ? My forefather is not Nnamdi but likes of Awolowo who did not want this entity. So in reality the creation of this entity is not my "forefather's " fault but yours, am just trying to live and work around it so as to get the best from the situation.
Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by ektbear: 8:04pm On Oct 11, 2012
people don't get it

95%+ of Yoruba are pro-Awolowo.

It could turn out that he was a pedophile or something...I suspect his approval rating would still be high.

People use his name to campaign and run for elections in the SW, for pete's sake.

There is literally nothing one can do to make yoruba denounce him. Especially since he is dead...people tend to get lionized more after death.

Keep listening to Francis Adewale in the 5% while ignoring the opinion of the 95%
Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by MrGlobe(m): 8:08pm On Oct 11, 2012
dayokanu:

I am an Akintola loyalist and I share his opinion about Igbos being the problem with this country
Just like I am a sanusi loyalist and only agree with his statement that Yorobbers are the problem with Nigeria. Even google agrees with that too.
Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by dayokanu(m): 8:10pm On Oct 11, 2012
Mr. Globe:

lol at the bolded... I dont know why you can say this especially when you people have been shut out from fg. what humiliation are you talking about dAyo.

The humiliation is the Igbo land would always be a cave, would always be abandoned, All Igbo men hoping to make it would have to flee the place and Igbos would never rule this country until the whole Igbos and ohaneze apologize for killing our leaders in January 19666.

They murdered sleep and would not rest again

1 Like

Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by gerald28: 8:10pm On Oct 11, 2012
@ Alj Hareem, I am beginning to like you, for some time now, you have shown yourself to be a very mature,detrabalized and decent man, I am really impressed, please keep it up.

1 Like

Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by chosen04(f): 8:12pm On Oct 11, 2012
alj harem:

Who's forefather ? My forefather is not Nnamdi but likes of Awolowo who did not want this entity. So in reality the creation of this entity is not my "forefather's " fault but yours, am just trying to live and work around it so as to get the best from the situation.

If your forefather is the likes of the RAT POISON LOVER . . . .Then I can now undrestand his mindset when he ranted:-

"If the Eastern Region is allowed by acts of omission or commission to secede or opt out of the cursed entity (nIGERia), then the Western Region and Lagos must also stay out of the federation"
Re: It Is Time For Awoists To Stop Living In Denial : : Francis Adewale by aljharem(m): 8:14pm On Oct 11, 2012
gerald28: @ Alj Hareem, I am beginning to like you, for some time now, you have shown yourself to be a very mature,detrabalized and decent man, I am really impressed, please keep it up.

Thanks bro, it's nairaland that made me tribalitic at the first place.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obasanjo’s Open Apology Letter To Nigerians By Segun Dada / V / The Jonathans And The Rots In Bayelsa Politics!!!! By Sabella Abidde,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.