Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal (1609 Views)

Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position / PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign / Diezanni Is Facing The House Of Reps On Ait Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by HammedSodiqq: 2:37pm On Oct 12, 2012
The House of Reps appears to have fine tuned their REVENGE STRATEGIES AGAINST Oil Magnate, OTEDOLA FOR TRUTHFULLY AND TACTFULLY EXPOSING THE CORRUPT PRACTICES GOING ON IN THE HOUSE. The House just constituted a Committee to investigate the final settlement of debt owed AMCON by Otedola's Companies, with HON. FEMI GBAJABIAMILA AS THE CHIRMAN. Although constituting a committee to exercise the oversight function which is their Constitutional responsibility is a welcome development, making someone with CRIMINAL RECORDS A CHAIRMAN DEFEATS THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH THE COMMITTEE WAS CONSTITUTED.
It would be recalled that GBAJABIAMILA has been exposed as a fraud, who admitted to theft of his Clients funds while serving as an Attorney in the US. He ran back to Nigeria, CHANGED HIS NAME, ABANDONED SOME OF HIS CERTIFICATES AND HAS SINCE BEEN IN THE HOUSE. It is worthy no mention that Many from his constituency have called for his resignation.
Just incase some have forgotten, on 26 July 2012 GBAJABIAMILA admitted that he was sanctioned for misconduct.
The question is are there no MEN OF VIRTUE IN THE HOUSE OF REPS? Or is the House on a revenge mission knowing that OTEDOLA Gave them the most deadliest blow of the century?

http://abusidiqu.com/?p=3020
http://www.punchng.com/news/i-was-sanctioned-for-misconduct-reps-minority-leader/
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by bubadaniel13: 2:44pm On Oct 12, 2012
I dey laught... grin grin grin this NASS are very funny,how can give someone who has soiled his garment in the murky waters of controversy a committee to head,come to think of it,there is an ulterior motive behind the setting up of this committee I thot I read it on the papers that Otedola settled all his debts with AMCON.Any way dem know the man now he will deal with anyone on his way,but I see the setting up of this committee as totally unessasary,it is more or less a vengeful mission...while FAROUKGATE is pending.Na wah for this house of reps.
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by apala911: 3:03pm On Oct 12, 2012
Hmmmmn"........ Tell me it is not true
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by Femzy24: 3:10pm On Oct 12, 2012
using a corrupt person to unveil corruption, hwz dis poosible...anyway it will yield + result, cos otedola indicted one of them,but Gbajabiamila must equally answer his own allegation too.
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by Demdem(m): 3:10pm On Oct 12, 2012
I see no revenge mission here. These guys are just performing their constitutional duties. The AMCON deal was done under utmost secrecy and this i expect should bother all sane minds.
I may not like the house but i support that the deal be investigated. Kudos to them.
Femi gbaja is a credible member so far has any criminal record IMO

1 Like

Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by Makzylopez: 3:15pm On Oct 12, 2012
but is it that there are no other people in the house?how can Gbajiabimila be heading a probe committee.a man that has been indicted of criminal conduct at international level. there surely must be a rationale behind this very move since the committee that were supposed to investigate Otedola and Farouk Lawan are yet to submit there report.
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by braine(m): 3:15pm On Oct 12, 2012
Criminal investigating criminals. Lol. Let them open their asses, as I quietly watch. smiley
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by Deleahmed: 3:29pm On Oct 12, 2012
HammedSodiqq: The House of Reps appears to have fine tuned their REVENGE STRATEGIES AGAINST Oil Magnate, OTEDOLA FOR TRUTHFULLY AND TACTFULLY EXPOSING THE CORRUPT PRACTICES GOING ON IN THE HOUSE. The House just constituted a Committee to investigate the final settlement of debt owed AMCON by Otedola's Companies, with HON. FEMI GBAJABIAMILA AS THE CHIRMAN. Although constituting a committee to exercise the oversight function which is their Constitutional responsibility is a welcome development, making someone with CRIMINAL RECORDS A CHAIRMAN DEFEATS THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH THE COMMITTEE WAS CONSTITUTED.
It would be recalled that GBAJABIAMILA has been exposed as a fraud, who admitted to theft of his Clients funds while serving as an Attorney in the US. He ran back to Nigeria, CHANGED HIS NAME, ABANDONED SOME OF HIS CERTIFICATES AND HAS SINCE BEEN IN THE HOUSE. It is worthy no mention that Many from his constituency have called for his resignation.
Just incase some have forgotten, on 26 July 2012 GBAJABIAMILA admitted that he was sanctioned for misconduct.
The question is are there no MEN OF VIRTUE IN THE HOUSE OF REPS? Or is the House on a revenge mission knowing that OTEDOLA Gave them the most deadliest blow of the century?

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-was-sanctioned-for-misconduct-reps-minority-leader/

Sometime I wonder what kind of people are there in our National Assembly? Are they credible? Are they people with vision? Do they care about the recipients of their activities. They should avoid lampooning the honourableness of this country. What kind of image are they creating for the country by making GBAJAGATE to chair an anti corruption committee. Am worried...
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by HammedSodiqq: 3:39pm On Oct 12, 2012
Is Tambuwal Ok? GBAJABIAMILA to investigate Otedola! This House no get Conscience, No Integrity. House of Representathieves
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by Noraokon: 3:44pm On Oct 12, 2012
it is rather sardonic and dismal for the house of reps to appoint a proven and renowned criminal to disprove a fact. i seriously smell something fishy.
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by HammedSodiqq: 3:53pm On Oct 12, 2012
Demdem: I see no revenge mission here. These guys are just performing their constitutional duties. The AMCON deal was done under utmost secrecy and this i expect should bother all sane minds.
I may not like the house but i support that the deal be investigated. Kudos to them.
Your "grammar" is making comprehension a little difficult. If I understood you, your argument is that GBAJABIAMILA has no criminal record. The House is not on a revenge mission. And they are performing their constitutional duties. grin grin grin grin grin
I thought the links provided were meant to refresh our memories. If yours didn't connect, just know that GBAJABIAMILA is a crook. He claims he has repented but this task is obviously too weighty for a criminal. Maybe the thieves are angry that Otedola once exposed them, so they nominated an international fraudster who once duped an American to Head the Revenge Operation. What did the House do to the likes of Hembe, Farouk, Etteh, GBAJA and the rest? Charity begins at home ooooooo.
Demdem abi u be thief?
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by Demdem(m): 4:57pm On Oct 12, 2012
^^^^

There is a wide difference between a person sanctioned for professional misconduct and someone that has a criminal record. This has be thrashed severally on this forum. Infact the PDP that came out to attack him with these allegations had to shut their mouth up when they realized the truth. U can continue to repeat the same lie for as long as u can but it can never never automatically become the truth. Will be back to enlighten u the more if u persist. Femi has no criminal record either from Nigeria or from the United States, Deal with that.
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by Joeadamu86: 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2012
One thinga at a time now house of representatheives,what abt oga Farouk now,there is no need for this committee,de guy don pay every everything now.
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by Idokojimmy: 8:01pm On Oct 12, 2012
Can a good, upright and a mn of integrity be sanctioned? What is it that makes one a candidate for sanction? People are reasoning through their anus oooo. This man admittted to the crime I wonder people are protecting a thief. We will gang against Them if they try rubbish
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by Demdem(m): 6:17am On Oct 13, 2012
Idokojimmy: Can a good, upright and a mn of integrity be sanctioned? What is it that makes one a candidate for sanction? People are reasoning through their anus oooo. This man admittted to the crime I wonder people are protecting a thief. We will gang against Them if they try rubbish

Of cos, an upright man can afterall an upright man isn't God that is completely perfect. A man of integrity is also a mere mortal prone to mistakes and mis-judgement. Me think u don't have a brain.
He trusted and someone betrayed his trust. Even the governing board that judged him agreed to this fact. Who are u to suggest otherwise?
u can do well to tell us his alleged crime and the period he spent in jail. ODE.
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by Louis88: 6:28am On Oct 13, 2012
Demdem:

Of cos, an upright man can afterall an upright man isn't God that is completely perfect. A man of integrity is also a mere mortal prone to mistakes and mis-judgement. Me think u don't have a brain.
He trusted and someone betrayed his trust. Even the governing board that judged him agreed to this fact. Who are u to suggest otherwise?
u can do well to tell us his alleged crime and the period he spent in jail. ODE.
My friend this is exactly what we are talking about here,the same house called for the sack of DIEZANI because of irregularities that happened under her in NNPC,If I remember correctly you were among those whose voice was heard the loudest on this issue,but now it is Gbajabiamila,whom I also remember accepted to misconduct and you ar here defending him,does this not show how biased you can be,imagine "HE TRUSTED AND SOMEONE BETRAYED HIS TRUST"so in order words if he was not caught then he should have carried on with his scam deals,dude if you support this move of the house then really you are as corrupt as the rest of them.
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by Louis88: 6:32am On Oct 13, 2012
Demdem:

OH,SO SORRY, I FORGOT,GBAJABIAMILA IS AN ACN MEMBER AND THEY PAY YOU TO DEFEND THEM BLINDLY,CARRY ON WITH YOUR WORK MY FRIEND,I GUESS IT'S TIME TO EARN YOUR PAY.
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by Idokojimmy: 9:31am On Oct 13, 2012
Demdem:

Fool, if u are familiar with the case in question, the Fact that Gbajabiamila ran back to nigeria with the stolen money to evade arrest, won't be a breaking news. Upright men with character don't run away from justice. Remember Socrates. The House is filled to the brim with criminals, fraudsters, corrupt, and selfish men. The dignity and integrity that Once defined the hallowed Green Chamber has been washed away by corruption. A just man summoned courrage to expose their evil, instead of being celebrated, and recognised by the house, they plot his fall to avenge the shame and disrepute their member plunged them into. I'm afraid if U don't change, then the future of this nation won't be any better.
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by Demdem(m): 10:18am On Oct 13, 2012
Louis88: My friend this is exactly what we are talking about here,the same house called for the sack of DIEZANI because of irregularities that happened under her in NNPC,If I remember correctly you were among those whose voice was heard the loudest on this issue,but now it is Gbajabiamila,whom I also remember accepted to misconduct and you ar here defending him,does this not show how biased you can be,imagine "HE TRUSTED AND SOMEONE BETRAYED HIS TRUST"so in order words if he was not caught then he should have carried on with his scam deals,dude if you support this move of the house then really you are as corrupt as the rest of them.

Madueke is a public official and she deserves to be sacked, this hasn't been done, neither has any punishment meted to her. Femi's was during his private practice and was well disciplined by his professional body. He served his punishment and now can still go back to practice law in US. Madueke hasn't been punished yet. That's the difference.
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by Demdem(m): 10:20am On Oct 13, 2012
Louis88: OH,SO SORRY, I FORGOT,GBAJABIAMILA IS AN ACN MEMBER AND THEY PAY YOU TO DEFEND THEM BLINDLY,CARRY ON WITH YOUR WORK MY FRIEND,I GUESS IT'S TIME TO EARN YOUR PAY.

Ffuck ACN and kindly use ur brain.
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by Demdem(m): 10:28am On Oct 13, 2012
DP
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by Demdem(m): 10:28am On Oct 13, 2012
Idokojimmy:
Fool, if u are familiar with the case in question, the Fact that Gbajabiamila ran back to nigeria with the stolen money to evade arrest, won't be a breaking news. Upright men with character don't run away from justice. Remember Socrates. The House is filled to the brim with criminals, fraudsters, corrupt, and selfish men. The dignity and integrity that Once defined the hallowed Green Chamber has been washed away by corruption. A just man summoned courrage to expose their evil, instead of being celebrated, and recognised by the house, they plot his fall to avenge the shame and disrepute their member plunged them into. I'm afraid if U don't change, then the future of this nation won't be any better.

Iidiota, ur contradictions are lengendary. grin that's what happens when one is enmeshed in lies. It's in u.
He evaded arrest and yet on its own unlike Ibori went to US to face his professional body. U are irredemeably dumb. Kindly say yes to that. grin
I'm mobile now, when I get back on my system, will finally put ur lie into the coffin. Get ur own evidence of criminal charges against him. Am about to expose ur stupidity.
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by FrankC3: 10:29am On Oct 13, 2012
@Demdem
With each 'Submit' button you click, your allegiance becomes more obvious despite your claim to the contrary. It is clear that you are on ACN payroll. With the position you have canvassed here on NL as a man with zero tolerance for corruption when it affects the PDP controlled FG, your capacity to defend the same when it concern ACN is unnerving. I have no problem with your political allegiance, I only request that you don't insult our intelligence further by your claim that you are after a better Nigeria. Learn from Gbawe and dayokanu, their stand is clear and they still push their agenda without hindrance.
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by Demdem(m): 10:43am On Oct 13, 2012
Frank-C:
@Demdem
With each 'Submit' button you click, your allegiance becomes more obvious despite your claim to the contrary. It is clear that you are on ACN payroll. With the position you have canvassed here on NL as a man with zero tolerance for corruption when it affects the PDP controlled FG, your capacity to defend the same when it concern ACN is unnerving. I have no problem with your political allegiance, I only request that you don't insult our intelligence further by your claim that you are after a better Nigeria. Learn from Gbawe and dayokanu, their stand is clear and they still push their agenda without hindrance.

It's left for u to believe whatever u want to believe. It's a free world afterall. Am not for ACN or what they stand for but I admit I preffer them than the killer party. Again ffuck ACN.
I stand for the truth and tend to allign myself with such anywhere I see it.
U tell me what lie I may have peddled here. Kindly face the topic with whatever facts u have, who knows I may allign with u if those facts of urs are verifiable.
Kindly face the topic and stop this childish talk. Anyway its allowed.
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by Alxmyr(m): 11:29am On Oct 13, 2012
Demdem: I see no revenge mission here. These guys are just performing their constitutional duties. [b]The AMCON deal was done under utmost secrecy and this i expect should bother all sane minds.
[/b]I may not like the house but i support that the deal be investigated. Kudos to them.

When he collected the loan, were you called? Are you expecting Femi or AMCON to close the street, throw a party and do live telecast on TV because he wanted to settle debt.
NASS is useless to this nation. They leave important thing undone, they chase shadows.
Constitution amendment is there, they are sleeping over it. When its 3 month to election they will rush to give another abracadabra.
Land Use Acts is there, a law that has single handed improverished Nigerian by denying them access to land to construct condusive shelter.
That is none of their business.
There is PIB, health bill, Special court to try corruption, amongst other important laws that will move Nigeria forward, they will spend months fighting clandestine war, pass recommendation that is non-implementable and vindictive, then blame GEJ for not implementing them.
They are bunch of disappointment to Nigerians.
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by Demdem(m): 12:14pm On Oct 13, 2012
[s]
Alxmyr:

When he collected the loan, were you called? Are you expecting Femi or AMCON to close the street, throw a party and do live telecast on TV because he wanted to settle debt.
NASS is useless to this nation. They leave important thing undone, they chase shadows.
Constitution amendment is there, they are sleeping over it. When its 3 month to election they will rush to give another abracadabra.
Land Use Acts is there, a law that has single handed improverished Nigerian by denying them access to land to construct condusive shelter.
That is none of their business.
There is PIB, health bill, Special court to try corruption, amongst other important laws that will move Nigeria forward, they will spend months fighting clandestine war, pass recommendation that is non-implementable and vindictive, then blame GEJ for not implementing them.
They are bunch of disappointment to Nigerians.
[/s]

Complete crap. If only u know what is AMCON, its duties and responsibilities, these crap won't have spilled out from u. Am sure u think AMCON is a subsidiary in Dangote group. grin
The house is in line with this investigation, its within their powers and they should be encouraged by all sane minds.
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by FrankC3: 3:14pm On Oct 13, 2012
AMCON reached a deal with many other debtors of the Nigeria Banking sector. If the House of Reps want to really do their oversight job, they should be looking at the general principle and guidelines used to determine debt repayment structure for AMCON and check all the debtors that have repayed and how they conformed to AMCON's internal control mechanism. This would have been more convincing, and not to single out Otedolla among other debtors for investigation. It smacks of witch hunting.
Obviously, people like Demdem will see the present Agbero method as perfect for obvious reasons.
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by KingSolomonI: 3:47pm On Oct 13, 2012
Demdem: ^^^^

There is a wide difference between a person sanctioned for professional misconduct and someone that has a criminal record. This has be thrashed severally on this forum. Infact the PDP that came out to attack him with these allegations had to shut their mouth up when they realized the truth. U can continue to repeat the same lie for as long as u can but it can never never automatically become the truth. Will be back to enlighten u the more if u persist. Femi has no criminal record either from Nigeria or from the United States, Deal with that.

Kindly back up this vote of confidence of urs wit proof pls and credible links....its getting really interesting here.
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by Stallion77(f): 3:57pm On Oct 13, 2012
King Solomon I:

Kindly back up this vote of confidence of urs wit proof pls and credible links....its getting really interesting here.

Just what i had in mind to say...we are waiting pls... Cos the facts before us are quite clear jor....and the OP presented in clear term so we need to know where u are coming from..Demdem,giv us something solid to chew.
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by texazzpete(m): 9:03pm On Oct 13, 2012
HammedSodiqq: The House of Reps appears to have fine tuned their REVENGE STRATEGIES AGAINST Oil Magnate, OTEDOLA FOR TRUTHFULLY AND TACTFULLY EXPOSING THE CORRUPT PRACTICES GOING ON IN THE HOUSE. The House just constituted a Committee to investigate the final settlement of debt owed AMCON by Otedola's Companies, with HON. FEMI GBAJABIAMILA AS THE CHIRMAN. Although constituting a committee to exercise the oversight function which is their Constitutional responsibility is a welcome development, making someone with CRIMINAL RECORDS A CHAIRMAN DEFEATS THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH THE COMMITTEE WAS CONSTITUTED.

You slave!
I don't care if it's a 'revenge mission' or whatever imbecilic crap you're spewing...the secrecy around the deal between Otedola and AMCON is absolutely wrong and must be condemned by anyone with a brain. Why should a public agency enter a clandestine deal, especially when it comes to retrieval of shareholders funds?

Let the Reps probe away. if the deal was fair and above board, why should otedola - or his jobless voltrons like yourself - be worried?
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by Demdem(m): 10:42pm On Oct 13, 2012
DP
Re: Reps On Revenge Mission: GBAJABIAMILA To Investigate OTEDOLA'S AMCON Deal by Demdem(m): 10:42pm On Oct 13, 2012
King Solomon I:

Stallion77:

Just what i had in mind to say...we are waiting pls... Cos the facts before us are quite clear jor....and the OP presented in clear term so we need to know where u are coming from..Demdem,giv us something solid to chew.

Am delighted about this. like i said, this issue has been thrashed. kindly go to the below thread especially page 2 where a letter from the state Bar of Georgia was posted. Am posting it again on this thread. Its obvious from that letter that Femi was not subjected to any criminal conviction whatsoever. Now that i have given my evidence, can u kindly ask the OP to also bring out his on evidence of criminal conviction cool if he cant he should cover his face in shame and declare this thread closed grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1001709/pdp-asks-femi-gbajabiamila-resign/1

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blame Northern Leaders Over Insecurity Not Jonathan-dino Melaye / Nigeria Auto Policy Is Attracting Attention From Auto Makers — NAC DG - See More / Book Haram: Picture Of Its Slain Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.