Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane (27870 Views)

LASTMA Officers Arrest Military,NSCDC Officers Driving On BRT Lane In Lagos(pics / Ambode's Monitoring Team Arrest Cars Plying BRT Lane (Photos) / Former Chief Justice’s Son Joins Terrorist Group ISIS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by deletrue: 10:58am On Oct 13, 2012
Am not happy that after going through this comments, can't find any where it is blaimed on GEJ. I don't support the idea of deviating from our usual custom of always insulting or writting rubbish comments on jonah. Could it be that most nigerians especially in this NL, and the punch news paper are begining to know that this enclave called Naija is the most complex place on earth? That it contain more of highly confused and abnormal people on earth?
If this story is true, you can now know what it means to rule this country. Just consider her status and what has happened. Should jonah remove and replace her with who in the case? With this, few people will think twise and probable change thier attitute and from now tries to give supporting hands to jonah unless you are his haters.

1 Like

Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by walexbiz(m): 10:58am On Oct 13, 2012
ben4ever:

Reports reaching us says, ” The Chief Justice of the Federation broke the Lagos State Traffic Law today by driving on the BRT lane. She was seen ‘driving’ against the law by 12:40 pm today and the case was reported live on Lagos traffic FM 96.1.”

The fine for taking BRT lane is N25, 000. Does that mean she will pay the mandatory fine or continue to ‘drive’ against the law?

Let’s keep our fingers crossed for continuous updates on the matter.

source:http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/10/12/chief-justice-federation-caught-driving-brt-lane/?wt=3

i dont get it, this not a jungle where anything goes, first and foremost let them prove they saw her passing through the brt lane and also substantiate the claim that she is inside the car or that she gave the order that the car should pass through the brt lane. Please i want you to know that she is innocent until proven guilty by a court of competent jurisdiction.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 13, 2012
emyibe: CAUGHT IN THE ACT…Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, SAN, (right) Colonel K. I. Yusuf Tuesday 17th July.
THE COLONEL WAS COURT MARSHALED AND RETIRED FROM THE MILITARY.
NOW A TRUE TEST FOR MR BABATUNDE FASHOLA.LETS SEE HOW HE DEALS WITH THIS.LET THE LAW STAND OH!!!!!

Who is a colonel in comparism to the Chief Justice of the federation? Can Fashola court marshall and retire Ihejirika the Chief of Army staff for the same offence. Small time una go tell Fashola to arrest Jonathan on BRT, because una wan talk.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Wendy80(f): 11:02am On Oct 13, 2012
toba: Nonsense. she's the most powerful person under the judicial arm of govt. what if she had urgent matters to attend to?

after all the lane is also to be used on emergency occasions
Wht stupid emergency? U just have †ЂΞ common Naija mentality.....som1 wth her post abroad cant try ds.....she shd pay the fine joor.......what rubbish
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Myself2(m): 11:05am On Oct 13, 2012
Lie lie no go kill all these Lagos state agents

Prove me wrong;show me za pinshure
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 13, 2012
Godjone: and d mumu govna was embarasing a full army general d oda day. If he fail to tender thesame wickedness 2 the chief judge, there will neva be peace in Lagos state

Be sure before you spread false news. A Colonel is not a general. A general still reports to the Chief of general staff if you feel a general has powers to break laws. Sorry, no immunity for such a person. Okay Of course Fashola wont even arrest the Inspector General of Police if he uses BRT.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by gulfer: 11:17am On Oct 13, 2012
onatisi: she be fine woman ooo.whaoo at last we have a sexy lady as chief justice
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 13, 2012
hurricaneChris: In as much as i dont support d abuse of d law, unlez in d case of emergency, I strongly believe that any discussion that arises btw Fashola and this woman as a result of this incident will see one person saying answering ''yes Ma'' ''ok Ma'' ''no problem Ma'' at d end of d discussion.....lol

Funny shaa!
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by timbros(m): 11:24am On Oct 13, 2012
toba: Nonsense. she's the most powerful person under the judicial arm of govt. what if she had urgent matters to attend to?

What if she had urgent matters nko? Is she above the law? What makes her different from me (the ordinary citizen)? Whatever happens to "lead by example"? What if I, yes me, have an emergency, can I use the lane?

She should be fined joor...infact she should triple the fine cuz she is the lawmaker now turned lawbreaker....

1 Like

Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by jigawatts(m): 11:28am On Oct 13, 2012
control_seven: She was rushing to Port-harcourt to for the ALUU MURDERERS case! Abi una no want speedy trial? Nawaaoo!

"ÄLUU" A name dat will always ring a BELL angry
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by BUSHMAN1: 11:29am On Oct 13, 2012
Frank-C:

This is the arrogance i am talking about. The question is : what is BRT? And what is the spirit behind the BRT? You should put the principle of equality before the law in proper perspective. Does this not also imply that if you employ somebody to serve you, that you should equip him/her adequately for this assignment? You want the CJN in a traffic jam while on official assignment, you should also request for equivalent number of SSS operatives that she has, after all 'we are all equal before the law'. And while at it, request also for official car and make sure that if you are present in her court, sit down while she enters and when you want to talk to her, address her as 'young lady', after all you are equal with her before the law.
i can understand were you are coming from, havin said that nigeria is a country were people in power voilets every law with impunity, the believe that all goverment official are corrupt has been proven by her action, besides there could be no certainty to her claim of been on an emagency thus nigerian officials history of dishonesty
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by timbros(m): 11:30am On Oct 13, 2012
deletrue: Am not happy that after going through this comments, can't find any where it is blaimed on GEJ. I don't support the idea of deviating from our usual custom of always insulting or writting rubbish comments on jonah. Could it be that most nigerians especially in this NL, and the punch news paper are begining to know that this enclave called Naija is the most complex place on earth? That it contain more of highly confused and abnormal people on earth?
If this story is true, you can now know what it means to rule this country. Just consider her status and what has happened. Should jonah remove and replace her with who in the case? With this, few people will think twise and probable change thier attitute and from now tries to give supporting hands to jonah unless you are his haters.

Translators please!
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 13, 2012

It's because of mindsets like this that Nigeria remains backward. What sort of emergency will justify her driving against traffic and breaking the law? Is she a paramedic or fire fighter or something along those lines? She broke the law simple, stupid.

1 Like

Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by ochukoccna: 11:34am On Oct 13, 2012
ndu_chucks: This post shows the inadequacy of the Lagos traffic law. An exemption should be made for the leader of our Judiciary who chose not to cause more havoc by driving around with sirens and 10 or more car convoy, as the leaders of the legislative wing and executive wings do.
Expecting the chief justice to move around Lagos like the rest of us, is foolish and equivalent to saying that GEJ and David Mark should drive around Lagos like the rest of us. You people should use your brains.
I suppose you all would have preferred her to cause more traffic havoc by driving with police convoy and sirens. SMH
What a dumb post! embarassed embarassed
Is she above the law now? angry angry Was she on medical emergency? undecided undecided Should Nigeria continue to be animal farm? shocked shocked
Fashola who's governor of the state doesn't use the BRT lane {correct me if I'm wrong]
Except for the C-in-C [for whom the roads are closed anyway], who the phuck is she? tongue tongue tongue
Let them feel what other road commuters feel.
The CJN [of a corrupt judicial system shocked shocked] should learn to plan her itienary knowing Lagos has mad traffic tongue tongue or get a waiver from the traffic regulatory authority before hand
Let her drink the same brew Colonel K. I. Yusuf drank grin grin grin
Simples! cool cool

1 Like

Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Remii(m): 11:34am On Oct 13, 2012
timbros:

What if she had urgent matters nko? Is she above the law? What makes her different from me (the ordinary citizen)? Whatever happens to "lead by example"? What if I, yes me, have an emergency, can I use the lane?

She should be fined joor...infact she should triple the fine cuz she is the lawmaker now turned lawbreaker....

I dont know what law would say ooo. I no be lawyer. But come to think of it, she is third in command in hierachy of power in Nigeria. If President gets the road cleared and shutdown for him, and the same goes for unelected, unofficial First Lady, why not for head of judiciary. Also who knows if the law does not apply to Federal roads.. People break the rule on Third mainland and Ijora bridge all the times what any arrest , I guess
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by BUSHMAN1: 11:35am On Oct 13, 2012
Cokeroo:

It's because of mindsets like this that Nigeria remains backward. What sort of emergency will justify her driving against traffic and breaking the law? Is she a paramedic or fire fighter or something along those lines? She broke the law simple, stupid.
i agree %1000 if she is late for court,she should ve started off early just like every one else, besides every bodies job is important in their own way not just the chief judges
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by BUSHMAN1: 11:39am On Oct 13, 2012
ochukoccna:
What a dumb a$s post! embarassed embarassed
Is she above the law now? angry angry Was she on medical emergency? undecided undecided Should Nigeria continue to be animal farm? shocked shocked
Fashola who's governor of the state doesn't use the BRT lane {correct me if I'm wrong]
Except for the C-in-C [for whom the roads are closed anyway], who the phuck is she? tongue tongue tongue
Let them feel what other road commuters feel.
The CJN [of a corrupt judicial system shocked shocked] should learn to plan her itienary knowing Lagos has mad traffic tongue tongue or get a waiver from the traffic regulatory authority before hand
Let her drink the same brew Colonel K. I. Yusuf drank grin grin grin
Simples! cool cool
good point,but there was no need for the swear word
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by ochukoccna: 11:41am On Oct 13, 2012
BUSH MAN: good point,but there was no need for the swear word
grin grin grin
Noted!
And corrected too. cool cool
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 13, 2012

...and, is that important matter rushing 2 save a wrongly convicted n about 2 be executed citizen?
We all have emergencies at different times in our lives, including rushing 2 meet up wt a live football match telecast. Doz it min we shld all drive on d BRT lane? A society wtout adherence 2 d laws is begging 4 anarchy n His Lordship knws ds.

1 Like

Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by TmMartins(m): 12:10pm On Oct 13, 2012
[b][/b][center][/center]The CJN is the most powerful third tiers (judiciary system )of government in the country.
She is our leader as President GEJ is.
Nothing like disobeying Lagos traffic law.
BRT routes are federal roads or highways.
So,don't let us abuse our leader.
God bless nairalanders!
God bless federal Republic of Nigeria!!!
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by tayoccu(m): 12:12pm On Oct 13, 2012
Frank-C:
Other important questions are:
1. Does Gov Fashola use the best effort lane like the rest of us?
2. Does Tinubu use this lane? What of Bisi Akande? The president and National Assembly leadersip?
In my opinion, to expect the CJN, IGP, Senate Leadership, HoR Leadership, key military officers and other key government functionaries to use the best effort lane is just funny. Even in Heaven, according to The Holy Book, there is hierarchy. No matter how holy you are, if you are not one of the 24 elders, then you are not.
All these arrogance is unnecessary, driving aginst traffic would have been morally wrong, but WTH is BRT? Rapid transit lane!!! If key government functionaries cannot use rapid transit lane while on official assignment, then what qualifies BRT passengers to use the lane. People can just be funny!!!

Yes he does, in fact he was stuck in traffic the day he caught the colonel.
If the chief executive of lagos state can obey the laws of the state, I believe every other person should.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 13, 2012
did fashola keep all the law
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by tayoccu(m): 12:20pm On Oct 13, 2012
Frank-C:

This is the arrogance i am talking about. The question is : what is BRT? And what is the spirit behind the BRT? You should put the principle of equality before the law in proper perspective. Does this not also imply that if you employ somebody to serve you, that you should equip him/her adequately for this assignment? You want the CJN in a traffic jam while on official assignment, you should also request for equivalent number of SSS operatives that she has, after all 'we are all equal before the law'. And while at it, request also for official car and make sure that if you are present in her court, sit down while she enters and when you want to talk to her, address her as 'young lady', after all you are equal with her before the law.

Uncle quit making a fool of yourself.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Crown128(m): 12:23pm On Oct 13, 2012
Hmm! Waiting for the end of the whole drama.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by sammmiey1: 12:28pm On Oct 13, 2012
Only a common man suffers in all ramification in Nigeria.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by taharqa: 12:31pm On Oct 13, 2012
PLZ CAN ANYONE TELL TELL THIS BEAUTIFUL LADY TO NAME THE SPECIAL JUDGES FOR CORRUPTION CASES AS SHE PROMISED MORE THAN 3 MONTHS NOW. We need to furda reduce corruptn and a dedicatd and fast judicial process for corruptn cases is d KEY, so that these cases do not continue to stall in our courts for enternity
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Demdem(m): 12:31pm On Oct 13, 2012
If true, then she should either pay the fine or go to jail. That's the law. Even she isn't above the law.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by FrankC3: 12:31pm On Oct 13, 2012
tayoccu:

Uncle quit making a fool of yourself.
Ok, you are one of those that believes that equality before the law means that you are equivalent to GEJ and Fashola and CJN and even Davis Mark in rights and priviliges. Next time you get to the airport, try and use the Presidential Lounge.
Continue feeling more important than you really are, after all it makes you feel better.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Jaytee67(m): 12:34pm On Oct 13, 2012
aduje: Was anyone able to get a pictorial evidence i.e. video or photograph like in the case of the military officer some couple of months ago? If no pictures or videos, lets forget it; if there is one, let it come to the social media like Nairaland, Facebook, Tweeter etc. She should pay the fine and tender public apology.

I absolutely agree with this submissions as no one is above the law and her lordship shouldn't be castigated without enough proof. Actually, her office demands moving with siren like her counterparts in the executive and legislative arms.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by FrankC3: 12:41pm On Oct 13, 2012
And I align myself totally with the smart folk demanding for the naming of the anti-corruption judges for fast and expedicious trial of corruption cases.. She promised to make it happen and we are still waiting. Not funny talk of condemning the CJN using rapid transit lane.
We should join our voices to ensure that this is achieved. It is a silver bullet that will further institutionalize the fight against corruption.

1 Like

Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by opmoore(m): 12:51pm On Oct 13, 2012
Her reply is that Lagos State Transport Law jurisdiction does not cover the Federal Roads
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 13, 2012
she can afford to pay the fine. in Abuja. ministers and house members take one way lane to work and decide to pay fine because the fine is for government and they are still Government employees. one way or another, they will get back the money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP / Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion / Yemi Osinbajo Hugging His Daughter, Kiki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.