Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast (23036 Views)

Hatefull & Funny Comments By South-africans After Nigeria's Loss To Congo / Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match / Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by jusuph: 6:37am On Oct 14, 2012
The way Drogba score those goals infront of their nose naim pain Senegalese dem

2 Likes

Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by dayokanu(m): 6:39am On Oct 14, 2012
semid4lyfe:

Please, enlighten me cos I no know

Score goals
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by sindyko(m): 6:41am On Oct 14, 2012
Senegal accept fate. This has come to ur way, I think it the high time to embrace it . Don't be emotional depress, it has one's happen to Nigeria or others. GRAP UR COPY NOW!!!
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by jusuph: 6:41am On Oct 14, 2012
Na the way Drogba score those goals infront of their nose naim pain senegalese dem
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by semid4lyfe(m): 6:43am On Oct 14, 2012
dayokanu:

Score goals

Oh, na that one lol? Dem meet team wey pass dem nah grin cheesy
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by Jarus(m): 6:44am On Oct 14, 2012
Senegalese are bad losers. They did same to Nigerians in their country when Nigeria eliminated them at QF in ANC 2000. Destroying Nigerians' properties in Dakar and going gaga.

1 Like

Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by Jarus(m): 6:48am On Oct 14, 2012
Drogba is a great guy, always delivering in his country's jersey. These generation of patriotic and committed Ivorians deserve an ANC Gold before they retire. They've done enough. Too bad they will come after Nigeria in my support in SA 2013.

5 Likes

Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 14, 2012
semid4lyfe: Now that third pics of the Ivory Coast players ducking for their life in that container is funny grin

I never expected Senegal to recover from the 2 goals deficit but CAF sef. . .what were they thinking drawing Senegal and Ivory Coast together?

It's sad that Senegal with their quality would miss out of the Nations cup and they could miss out of the 2015 Nations cup too if CAF wields the big hammer with severity undecided
There is no excuse to resort to violence when you are loosing a match.. LMAO at Senegal quality, which kind quality? The quality that could not see them secure not even a point in the last Cup of Nations
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by emmke(m): 6:53am On Oct 14, 2012
CAF shouldn't have paired Senegal with CIV. They should have used UEFA-style magomago to ensure the big boys aren't paired. I'd really had loved to see these 2 teams at the AFCON next year.
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 14, 2012
so this ALUistic behaviour has reached that side? shocked cheesy

with all the enlightenment rocking Airwaves, Violence in Football still continues?
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by Saint52(m): 6:57am On Oct 14, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin ;DPUNISHMENT AWAIT THEM FOR DOING THAT grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by Havilah93(m): 7:03am On Oct 14, 2012
Why dem com dey yex now?....,they could have accepted defeat and come back stronger next time. Now CAF/FIFA are going to ban them
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by Richtalk: 7:06am On Oct 14, 2012
semid4lyfe: Now that third pics of the Ivory Coast players ducking for their life in that container is funny grin
undecided
Its actually not a container, but the the tunnel way leading to the dressing room. Just like the type we have in the National stadium.
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by hurricaneChris: 7:13am On Oct 14, 2012
Am so excited abt this as a Liverpool fan. Now we can get Demba Ba in d January window without the distractions of AFCON.......ope ooooo
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 14, 2012
Primitive cows. I hope they didn't hurt my Drog sha. They can kill themselves for all I care
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by semid4lyfe(m): 7:26am On Oct 14, 2012
Premiership Clubs no dey dull

Sharp sharp, Man City and Newcastle have released statements on the safety of their players involved in this game
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by Maxymilliano(m): 7:37am On Oct 14, 2012
The agony of defeat.

1 Like

Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by misreal(m): 7:47am On Oct 14, 2012
Wat wud dey av done if they were beatin 6 1
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by OkwaIfugo(m): 7:50am On Oct 14, 2012
Senegal should take it easy pls
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by rusher14: 7:51am On Oct 14, 2012
onyekabe: It can only happen in Islamic countries like you mention above
Please stop being a bigot the Lansdowne riots is a case in point of rioting in a a dominantly Christian environment.
I'm a Christian by the way.
The thing is football fans are mostly passionate and since losing could be quite painful the fans can take it out on anybody: the opposing team, their own team, the police, the opposing team supporters and even supporters of the same team.
I have theorized that lots of people that come to nairaland are either sponsored to throw spanners in the works or are genuine dafts.
Rivalry between Senegal and CIV is rife especially now that Senegal boasts one of the best striking duo one could wish for but 2 trees don't make a forest.
Should they have been in the same group for qualification? Why not? Come to think of it in the last 3 CANs Senegal hasn't been stellar so they are not an African football powerhouse at the moment.
Let us always stick to the game rather than other matters.
Anyway, I expect a lengthy ban for senegal and deservedly so for not being able to control their crowd. The outcome could have been devastating (imagine the worst happening to drogba, yaya toure or gervinho).
Newcastle's gain they never wanted those boys going for the internationals. Now they've got their wishes.

4 Likes

Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by jimino(m): 7:52am On Oct 14, 2012
D loss ws a bitter pills 4 d senegalese fans 2 swallow. D shld b more civilise nxt tym at accepting defeat.
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 14, 2012
i am hungry for a hot friendly match between NIGERIA VS IVORY COAST

2 Likes

Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 14, 2012
Damn Wifey Home nation passionate as fucc about Football.

This is very sad to hear.

Mad Love to my beautiful Senegalese People.

Don't worry, i will impregnate Wifey very soon, and give birth to a Future Super Striker for the Lions.

#FootballPassion

#SenegaleseAreCrazy

#DrogbaStillRockingThatOilyAssPerm

#LionsofTeranga
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by timbros(m): 8:37am On Oct 14, 2012
I really hope CAF's hammer descend HEAVILY on Senegal...
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by saintneo(m): 8:46am On Oct 14, 2012
kaorama: Such things cannot happen in South Africa, Kenya or even Southern Nigeria. It is a natural thing when u hear it is happening in Senegal Sudan, Egypt or any of those violent countries. Shame to trouble makers who want to turn the world upside down.
Is there a country called Southern Nigeria, did they qualify in for CAF2013?

1 Like

Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by GentleNaaz(m): 8:49am On Oct 14, 2012
If na u pesn cum ur house dy collet d ticket way u go tak go beta place, u no go stop am? Dia fans knew that dy hv lost d ticket n riot wl lead 2 cancellaion which wl rekindle dia hope of d ticket; dats y dy started it. Abeg mk dm carry am cum play 4 9ja nxt month..... undecided
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 14, 2012
kaorama: Such things cannot happen in South Africa, Kenya or even Southern Nigeria. It is a natural thing when u hear it is happening in Senegal Sudan, Egypt or any of those violent countries. Shame to trouble makers who want to turn the world upside down.

Blaming football riots of passion on Islam is Unfair. I am assuming that is what you are alluding to

Things such as this happen in Catholic and Christian nations all the time

South America always has football Riots.

There was a Huge one Recently In Argentina not to Long Ago.

It is the Nature of Sports.

This is an Issue of Fan Obession, not Religion.

6 Likes

Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by GentleNaaz(m): 8:53am On Oct 14, 2012
Ds 1 na shaolin soccer undecided
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by rash47(m): 8:54am On Oct 14, 2012
Jenams: i am hungry for a hot friendly match between NIGERIA VS IVORY COAST

Ma guy, no even think am at all. C/v go wallop 9ja tire. Seems u're judging by yesterday's match. The eagles still have a way to go interms of tacticality which d ivoriens got eversince.
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by Goldenheart(m): 9:01am On Oct 14, 2012
wow
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by realsammie(m): 9:15am On Oct 14, 2012
i wll blame CAF for this. How on earth could they have drawn senegal and cote d' voir together. they should have seen it coming
Re: Fans Riot In Dakar Over Senegal's Loss To Ivory Coast by realsammie(m): 9:22am On Oct 14, 2012
Gentle Naaz: If na u pesn cum ur house dy collet d ticket way u go tak go beta place, u no go stop am? Dia fans knew that dy hv lost d ticket n riot wl lead 2 cancellaion which wl rekindle dia hope of d ticket; dats y dy started it. Abeg mk dm carry am cum play 4 9ja nxt month..... undecided
so for their mind now CAF will other for replay. they should better start preparing for 2017 ANC play offs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amaju Pinnick Wins CAF Executive Committee Seat / Connor Mcgregor Racked Up $180M In 2021, More Than Messi, Ronaldo, Or Lebron / BREAKING: Carl Ikeme Ruled Out Of Tuesday Clash With Egypt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.