Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,651 members, 7,851,223 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:19 PM

Possibility Of Satan Repenting And Returning Back To Heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Possibility Of Satan Repenting And Returning Back To Heaven (609 Views)

If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Possibility Of Satan Repenting And Returning Back To Heaven by xyoung: 11:09am On Oct 15, 2012
Jus curious if satan decide to repent 2day and God forgives him, will the evil things end since satan is in charge of all the evil spirits
Secondly in the book of Job, satan always return to heaven whenever the sons of God were counted..Note lucifer have been casted down to heaven before the world was created so does it mean that Satan can enter Heaven anytime to raport with God
Some1 should throw more light
Re: Possibility Of Satan Repenting And Returning Back To Heaven by ednut1(m): 1:45pm On Oct 15, 2012
not possible cos does stories are fake, i once asked did god hav vasectomy, wat if he decides to rape anoda virgin and send his second son, cos jesus apparantly is nt workin, will humans alive belive in him, hell no, stories based on dynamic events but after occurence become static, wat a scam
Re: Possibility Of Satan Repenting And Returning Back To Heaven by Nobody: 6:04am On Oct 16, 2012
*Rubbish thread, unsubscribes and walks away*
Re: Possibility Of Satan Repenting And Returning Back To Heaven by CrazyMan(m): 6:42am On Oct 16, 2012
xyoung: Jus curious if satan decide to repent 2day and God forgives him, will the evil things end since satan is in charge of all the evil spirits.
In brief, God refers to human beings as the "elect" which means out of all God's creation (including angels, archangels, and animals) humans are the only ones that are given the opportunity to get saved (ie. forgiven).

God is love, but God is also holy. God gave angels and human beings the power of choice, (ie "freewill"wink but from what I understand from God's Word (the Bible), because mankind is the "elect" and since mankind also has the power of choice, mankind could choice sin (disobedience to God) but God they would still have the opportunity (before they die physically) to be saved.

Angels, especially Satan do not have that chance to be forgiven once they use their power of choice to turn their back on God (sin). God is also all-knowing (knowing the future from the beginning etc) and He knew Satan would rebel because Satan doesn't want to be inferior to God (even though He will always be because as a created being, you can not be superior to the One who created you, even though mankind still tries to be superior to God). Satan wants to be God and since God is the only God, God knew that to forgive Satan would be meaningless in my opinion because He already knews that Satan lives to try to owerthrow God's authority and take God's place as supreme being.

Again, this is not specifically stated in the Bible, so don't take my word for it. But God did give us a mind, and gave us reason and as long as our reasoning doesn't contradict clear passages in His Word then its ok. But if I have contradicted some CLEAR biblical passages in my conclusion then please inform and I will gladly go back to the scriptures and correct it if necessary. I'm not the final authority, God and His Word, the Bible are!

xyoung: Secondly in the book of Job, satan always return to heaven whenever the sons of God were counted..Note lucifer have been casted down to heaven before the world was created so does it mean that Satan can enter Heaven anytime to raport with God
Some1 should throw more light
Yes satan still has access to heaven. But it appears not freely, he must be summoned, meaning that the visits are temporary, therefore his time before God's throne is limited.

Regardless, he accuses us so often that he stands before God and accuses us "day and night."

(1) (Reply)

How Are You Preparing For The End Of The World Predicted By Mayan Apocalypse? / Best Place To Be During Cross Over Night / Why Do Christians Fake/Act Strange To Demonstrate Their Status Of Spirituality?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.