Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,969 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) (4539 Views)

Plot To Postpone Election Thickens As FG Set to Announce Postponement soon. / FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies / Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by Idokojimmy: 4:34am On Oct 16, 2012
The Federal Government has concluded arrangements aimed at generating 450MW of solar power to improve the nation’s power supply.

Vice-President Namadi Sambo, said this on Monday, adding that it would be added to the national grid.

He spoke at the Leaders’ Lunch organised by the Nigerian Communications Commission on the sidelines of the ongoing International Telecommunication Union’s Telecoms World Forum 2012 holding in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

Sambo, who represented President Goodluck Jonathan at the event, said to execute the project, the Federal Government had signed an agreement with SIEMENS.

He said, because the Information Communication Technology sector could not grow in an island, the government was bent on providing adequate power supply by exploring various alternative sources of power.

Sambo listed such alternative sources of powers as hydro thermal, solar, wind, waste-to-power and garbage-to-energy.

He said all the projects were meant to address power instability.

The vice-president added that already, Nigeria had increased its power generation from about 2,000MW at the inception of the administration to around 4,300MW.

He explained that the 10 new thermal power plants that were at an advanced stage of completion would add about 5,000MW to the national grid when completed.

Sambo said as the world was passing through a revolution in ICT, the government was also widening broadband penetration across the country.

He said, “For the real sector to function efficiently and prosper, Information and Communication Technology infrastructure must be available.

“The Federal Government has last year successfully launched the NigComSat–1R Satellite, a hybrid satellite for broadcast, telecommunications and navigational services with footprints in over 35 African countries, parts of Europe, and parts of Asia.

“That satellite would be used to accelerate broadband penetration in difficult-to-reach areas and provide improved speed and quality of service.”

Sambo added that Nigeria, at the inception of GSM operations, had only about 867,000 subscribers in 2001, but today the country had more than 105 million active GSM subscribers.

He added that over 45 per cent Nigerians were connected to the Internet and the government would capitalise on it “to build a robust, secure, high-speed, nation-wide communications network that allows accessing the Internet, to become a way of life for most Nigerians.”

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/fg-to-generate-450mw-solar-power-sambo/

Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by iverson2319(m): 6:14am On Oct 16, 2012
I believe in GEJ that's all if he can achieve uniterupted power supply #kudos to mins of power
Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by fittty(m): 6:15am On Oct 16, 2012
Hmmm
Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by Nobody: 6:28am On Oct 16, 2012
na today wey we begin hear dis tori. If all dese leaders do wateva dey promise, we fit don pass america today.

3 Likes

Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by ayeakamara(m): 6:28am On Oct 16, 2012
Are they generating more power via solar energy or increasing internet speed? Because sambo mentioned from electricity supply to internet. There story is not straight

3 Likes

Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by goldng: 6:31am On Oct 16, 2012
sad sad sad
Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by omowolewa: 6:31am On Oct 16, 2012
F.G is making a good progress; thatz really a plus to our energy supply.

However,this type of project should be what the state and local government should handle. F.G should give an enabling environments for the State and L.G to set up and manage their 'Wind, bio and Solar'power electric energy generation.
Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by browncool(m): 6:38am On Oct 16, 2012
Could this possible become a reality in the country I know so well?
Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by Stallion77(f): 6:47am On Oct 16, 2012
browncool: Could this possible become a reality in the country I know so well?

From 2000MW to 4300MW and you still think this aint a possibility? If this is the country you know so well,then you should also know that anything is possible in Naija....and we are getting there.
Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by Jibabs2(m): 7:01am On Oct 16, 2012
Stallion77:

From 2000MW to 4300MW and you still think this aint a possibility? If this is the country you know so well,then you should also know that anything is possible in Naija....and we are getting there.

i bliv u
Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by KingSolomonI: 7:03am On Oct 16, 2012
Implementation of these projects need be closely supervised to prevent sour belle pple from putting sand inside Naija garri.
Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by Oluwa4Sure: 7:06am On Oct 16, 2012
what does the picture stands for?
Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by kpozite(m): 7:14am On Oct 16, 2012
browncool: Could this possible become a reality in the country I know so well?

Why do we find it difficult to believe good things about our country but easier to believe the worst about her.
Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by SOHKAHTOA: 7:18am On Oct 16, 2012
GEJ just give us stable power and engrave your name in gold.When this is done, you ll be the only leader that would have left a remarkable legacy in the annals of Nigeria.. God Bless the fed rep. Of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by kpozite(m): 7:27am On Oct 16, 2012
Idokojimmy:

“The Federal Government has last year successfully launched the NigComSat–1R Satellite, a hybrid satellite for broadcast, telecommunications and navigational services with footprints in over 35 African countries, parts of Europe, and parts of Asia.

[/b]“That satellite would be used to[/b] accelerate broadband penetration in difficult-to-reach areas and provide improved speed and quality of service.”

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/fg-to-generate-450mw-solar-power-sambo/
So the Satellite is not being used yet SMH
Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by JUO(m): 7:28am On Oct 16, 2012
where is the location? solar power for mouth and media
Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by IjeomaObasi: 7:41am On Oct 16, 2012
One of the sectors I knw this administration has transformed is the power sector.there is room for improvement.
bigmodo: na today wey we begin hear dis tori. If all dese leaders do wateva dey promise, we fit don pass america today.
Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by francis247(m): 7:43am On Oct 16, 2012
e get 1day, my black monkey go black market, till today e nova return
Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by francis247(m): 7:49am On Oct 16, 2012
e get 1day, my black monkey go black market, till today e nova return
Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by Louis88: 7:57am On Oct 16, 2012
ayeakamara: Are the generating more power via solar energy or increasing internet speed? Because sambo mentioned from electricity supply to internet. There story is not straight forward
For you to be able to say that you have an efficient communications sector especially in this age of the Internet,you need to have uninterrupted power for this services to be very efficient and for us to maximize its services optimally,that Is how the two are related my dear, e.g,the FCT in collaboration with the ministry of finance just signed for a loan of 100million dollars from the China Exim Bank just for galaxy broadbands,now with the signing of this MOU with SEMIENS for this solar field,you see how they're trying to get everything done.

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by Louis88: 8:03am On Oct 16, 2012
kpozite:
So the Satellite is not being used yet SMH
Who told you the satellite is not beign used yet,did they tell you a satellite has just a single function,go to the Nigerian Communication Commission andyou will see the different areas the satellite is already functioning in,the manis telling you other areas where it will also be used in.
Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by swoosh(m): 8:10am On Oct 16, 2012
There has been an improvement in power supply (at least in my area in Ikeja). So i belieeve the governemnet is working towards stable power supply. Kudos to the GEJ government on this one
Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by Bunchersstab(m): 8:17am On Oct 16, 2012
Not when GEJ has buget 600million on generator 4 2013 .
Who una dey fool?
Abeg finish your term make I vote 4 buhari jor.
Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by Bigflamie(m): 8:17am On Oct 16, 2012
King Solomon I: Implementation of these projects need be closely supervised to prevent sour belle pple from putting sand inside Naija garri.
Naija and garri sef. grin
King Solomon I: Implementation of these projects need be closely supervised to prevent sour belle pple from putting sand inside Naija garri.
Naija and garri sef.
Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by Louis88: 8:21am On Oct 16, 2012
bigmodo: na today wey we begin hear dis tori. If all dese leaders do wateva dey promise, we fit don pass america today.
True talk,I'll give you that,but the reason why I believe this particular case will be different is due to the company that was given the job,SIEMENS is not your everyday by the Side normal company,this is an international conglomerate known for efficiency,so if MOU has been signed with them then I believe they will deliver because they have an international image to protect,and I believe the Vice President of Nigeria will not come out in public to say an MOU has been signed with SIEMENS if it was not because he knows the repercussions of his words if they are not true,so brother me,don't write it off yet,just have a little faith like I do because I strongly believe our future as a country is bright and we will still reach America one day,maybe not in our lifetime but one day. grin wink
Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by question(m): 8:27am On Oct 16, 2012
Ok. We don hear.
Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by AMEBO2BUSY: 8:30am On Oct 16, 2012
Stallion77: If this is the country you know so well,then you should also know that anything is possible in Naija..and we are getting there.
Yes,i belief we are getting inshallah. I belief in a new NIGERIA,where d youth 'll steer d
Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by Kobojunkie: 8:34am On Oct 16, 2012
Louis88: True talk,I'll give you that,but the reason why I believe this particular case will be different is due to the company that was given the job,SIEMENS is not your everyday by the Side normal company,this is an international conglomerate known for efficiency,so if MOU has been signed with them then I believe they will deliver because they have an international image to protect,and I believe the Vice President of Nigeria will not come out in public to say an MOU has been signed with SIEMENS if it was not because he knows the repercussions of his words if they are not true,so brother me,don't write it off yet,just have a little faith like I do because I strongly believe our future as a country is bright and we will still reach America one day,maybe not in our lifetime but one day. grin wink

Bull Crap! Just cause it is SIEMENS does not mean it will work automagically. We have had signed many MOUS and contracts with GE . . . GE is far beyond SIEMENS in my opinion and how has that worked out for Nigeria so far? Abegi!!
Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by solomon111(m): 8:38am On Oct 16, 2012
D
Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by AMEBO2BUSY: 8:40am On Oct 16, 2012
Bunchers stab: Not when GEJ has buget 600million on generator 4 2013 .
Who una dey fool?Abeg finish your term make I vote 4 buhari jor.
Buhari my ass,if they are sharing presidency he's excluded 4 life.No leadership trait in him

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by 1025: 8:41am On Oct 16, 2012
if any nigerian believes these bunch of confused lying criminal minded sambos, that one can believe anything. 100 plans at a time yet u are spending well over N600m on generators in 2013. who is deceiving who.
my 1 year old daughter does not believe these senseless stories so why will i?
Re: FG Set To Generate 450MW Solar Power(pix) by solomon111(m): 8:41am On Oct 16, 2012
lol@ the username.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Knew I Would Lose In 2007 Polls - Atiku / I Will Commit Suicide If Jonathan Is Re-elected!!! / An Ungrateful Yinka Odumakin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.