Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,736 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor (58760 Views)

Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? / TB Joshua Returns N500,000 Tithe To Elderly Woman / Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by pak: 9:39pm On Oct 17, 2012
zubbainno123: Ironically, ♍Ɣ pastor has bEen preaching on this same issue of tithing for D̶̲̥̅̊ past two weeks. He as been trying S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ hard †̥☺ convince we his brethren on D̶̲̥̅̊ many blessings associated with D̶̲̥̅̊ paying of tithe nd ofcuz the dreadful curses that comes with the non payment.

..........After seeing how serious he was on the matter, I decided †̥☺ seek some findings S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ as †̥☺ be on a safer side with ♍Ɣ creator becuz †̥☺ be honest with you, have never paid a dime for tithe before. S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ after some careful investigations on D̶̲̥̅̊ said issue I was able †̥☺ discover that, indEed we r not mandated as Christians †̥☺ pay tithe.
Now D̶̲̥̅̊ reason why ‎​A̶̲̥̅♏ saying I̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊ this I̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊ that, my pastor has decided †̥☺ preach on D̶̲̥̅̊ issue for a month nd has two weeks more †̥☺ finish it. Now I feel its kinda wrong for him or any other pastor for that matter †̥☺ be preaching false doctrine and I feel like speaking up against it right in the middle of his sermon.
S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ ♍Ɣ question now I̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊, do ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ guys think its right if i challenged him when he comes up †̥☺ preach

I've been in a similar situation. Don't challenge him, I'll advice you to schedule an appointment with him to explain your view point and your findings/conclusion.
That was exactly what I did in my own case. and the Pastor(we had a close relationship) also explained why he continued to preach the Tithe message. Though, I didn't fully agree but I understood his points (had to do with the level of spiritual maturity of his flock . . . .actually a topic for another day).

The issue is that, Tithing is not a Christian Practice. It was only obtainable in Judaism. If you doubt me, check through the new testament, if there was ever any verse advocating that Christians should Tithe. - None.

The only time Jesus talked about tithing was when he indicated that it was a less important issue in the Law (Judaism) - Matt 23v23.
I don't think we have any Jew here on Nairaland

Christians all through the new testament were only encouraged to give of their own freewill.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by cuteonyii(m): 9:40pm On Oct 17, 2012
since we have so many bad roads, poor electricity, no good health..etc. and the gvnt is not doing much to better our lifes in the society. should we stop paying govnt tax and instead use the money to help the society as little and much as we can?

.....obedience is better than...what?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by Emmy9ite(m): 9:42pm On Oct 17, 2012
ijebabe:
Emmy na wetin?
Just because some pastors have decided to make a mockery of the bible doesn't mean I should change whatever I like In the bible to satisfy myself.

How farcheesy
my dear you are so on point like a decimal! Keep it up!
I just dey o, i dey go through my followers page na im i see you they quote bible, afraid one catch me! I like your way joor!
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by NOLONGTIN1(m): 9:42pm On Oct 17, 2012
Advice to NLander Christians, pay your tithe to be on they safe side, because your are helping the church to grow and because it can never have a negative but positive effect on your life(maybe 'no effect' based on some people's comment) But Never NEGATIVE
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by oluMyderz(m): 9:43pm On Oct 17, 2012
Dey don come wit dem confusion again!! Ok, make I solve am 4 u!!. . There is no New Testament admonition 2 pay tithes. The reason is bcuz xtianz r nt under law; dat is, u dont av 2 pay tithes. When it come to money,law nd rules in d Old Testament are used in xtianity. Rotten nd Contaminated Religion!!! SMH
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by Boomark(m): 9:48pm On Oct 17, 2012
nekycole: I agree with Joagbaje's comment. I think given to the poor is a means of sowing and not tithing. Your tithe should be paid to your local assembly where you worship.

Which one is sowing again? Is it the same thing with sowing seed they do in the church?
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by wirinet(m): 9:57pm On Oct 17, 2012
beanos:

When you pay your Tithe of 10%, You still have 90% left with you. From there you can still help the poor around you. You don't rob peter to pay paul.

The Law of Tithing.

Tithing is a commandment from the Lord to give one-tenth of all our increase, which we understand to mean
income. Even Abraham paid tithing,
"And it was this same Melchizedek to whom Abraham paid tithes; yea, even our father Abraham paid tithes of one-tenth part of all he possessed."

Blessings from Paying Tithing.

When we obey the Law of Tithing we are blessed. Malachi 3:10 says, "Bring ye all
the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD
of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room
enough to receive it." When we don't pay tithing we are stealing from God. "Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have
we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings." ( Malachi 3:cool An important part about obedience to the Law of
Tithing is to pay it faithfully. This means that we shouldn't begrudge paying it, such as grumbling in our hearts about
"having" to give money. "There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated— And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated." Meaning we
receive blessings by obeying God's laws and when we obey God's laws there are blessings that go with it. Remember,
blessings can be spiritual, temporal or both but are not always given in the way we expect. How to Calculate Tithing Since tithing is one-tenth of our increase, meaning our income, we figure out how much money, either weekly, monthly, etc. and then times
that amount by 10%. You can easily do this by dividing any amount by 10. For example take #50,000 divide it by ten and the amount of tithing would be
#5000.
It's also important to note that
you can be generous with your
tithing, by paying even more.

Gaining a Testimony of Tithing.

Personally I know that obeying the law of tithing is a wonderful financial blessing. It's a privilege and a blessing
to pay tithing. As you put your trust in the Lord and begin to pay a faithful tithe of 10 percent of your income you
will gain your own personal testimony from the law of tithing.
Be Blessed.

See twisting of simple mathematics to justify tithing.

one tenth of all our increase does not mean 10% of our income, it mean exactly 10% of our increase or growth. That means that if our produce (or income as you would like to interprete it) does not experience increase or growth, you are not to pay any tithe. Remember Abraham paid tithes on his increase (spoils of war), and not on his total assets.

So you need to recalculate, the tithes in the examples you gave based on the increase in income (if there is any).
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by thelastPope(m): 10:07pm On Oct 17, 2012
NO LONG TIN: Advice to NLander Christians, pay your tithe to be on they safe side, because your are helping the church to grow and because it can never have a negative but positive effect on your life(maybe 'no effect' based on some people's comment) But Never NEGATIVE

Please what puts you on the safe side? Is it sentiments or following the bible as it is without adding or subtracting from it
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by beanos(m): 10:09pm On Oct 17, 2012
When you pay your Tithe of
10%, You still have 90% left
with you. From there you can
still help the poor around you.
You don't rob peter to pay
paul.
The Law of Tithing.
Tithing is a commandment
from the Lord to give one-
tenth of all our increase, which
we understand to mean
income. Even Abraham paid
tithing,
"And it was this same
Melchizedek to whom
Abraham paid tithes; yea,
even our father Abraham paid
tithes of one-tenth part of all
he possessed."
When we obey the Law of
Tithing we are blessed.
Malachi 3:10 says, "Bring ye all
the tithes into the storehouse,
that there may be meat in
mine house, and prove me
now herewith, saith the LORD
of hosts, if I will not open you
the windows of heaven, and
pour you out a blessing, that
there shall not be room
enough to receive it." When
we don't pay tithing we are
stealing from God. "Will a man
rob God? Yet ye have robbed
me. But ye say, Wherein have
we robbed thee? In tithes and
offerings." ( Malachi 3: An
important part about
obedience to the Law of
Tithing is to pay it faithfully.
This means that we shouldn't
begrudge paying it, such as
grumbling in our hearts about
"having" to give money.
"There is a law, irrevocably
decreed in heaven before the
foundations of this world, upon
which all blessings are
predicated— And when we
obtain any blessing from God,
it is by obedience to that law
upon which it is predicated."
Meaning we
receive blessings by obeying
God's laws and when we obey
God's laws there are blessings
that go with it. Remember,
blessings can be spiritual,
temporal or both but are not
always given in the way we
expect. How to Calculate
Tithing Since tithing is one-
tenth of our increase, meaning
our income, we figure out how
much money, either weekly,
monthly, etc. and then times
that amount by 10%. You can
easily do this by dividing any
amount by 10. For example
take #50,000 divide it by ten
and the amount of tithing
would be
#5000.
Gaining a Testimony of
Tithing.
Personally I know that obeying
the law of tithing is a
wonderful financial blessing.
It's a privilege and a blessing
to pay tithing. As you put your
trust in the Lord and begin to
pay a faithful tithe of 10
percent of your income you
will gain your own personal
testimony from the law of
tithing.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by thelastPope(m): 10:11pm On Oct 17, 2012
wirinet:

See twisting of simple mathematics to justify tithing.

one tenth of all our increase does not mean 10% of our income, it mean exactly 10% of our increase or growth. That means that if our produce (or income as you would like to interprete it) does not experience increase or growth, you are not to pay any tithe. Remember Abraham paid tithes on his increase (spoils of war), and not on his total assets.

So you need to recalculate, the tithes in the examples you gave based on the increase in income (if there is any).

The root of the problem is that men are now following what other men say instead of what the bible says. They do not study for themselves so they are being deceived into following doctrines of devils. They are practising the law of moses.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by plappville(f): 10:11pm On Oct 17, 2012
Goshen360: @ plappville,

Amen to that my sister!

Tu nous a beaucoup aidé à comprends ce sujet quand même. smiley
Que dieu te benis.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by AZeD1(m): 10:15pm On Oct 17, 2012
cuteonyii: since we have so many bad roads, poor electricity, no good health..etc. and the gvnt is not doing much to better our lifes in the society. should we stop paying govnt tax and instead use the money to help the society as little and much as we can?

.....obedience is better than...what?
Do you pay tithes to the Pastor or to God? If you pay to God and not the Pastor, then where does God reside? Is it only in the church that we can find God? If we can find God outside of the church, can't we pay our tithes there?
Jesus says where two or three are gathered in my name, i am present. If God is therefore present when the two or three people are gathered, why can't i pay my tithe there?
Unless, you pay to the pastor, or God is only found in churches.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by petres007(m): 10:22pm On Oct 17, 2012
pak:

I've been in a similar situation. Don't challenge him, I'll advice you to schedule an appointment with him to explain your view point and your findings/conclusion.
That was exactly what I did in my own case. and the Pastor(we had a close relationship) also explained why he continued to preach the Tithe message. Though, I didn't fully agree but I understood his points (had to do with the level of spiritual maturity of his flock . . . .actually a topic for another day).

The issue is that, Tithing is not a Christian Practice. It was only obtainable in Judaism. If you doubt me, check through the new testament, if there was ever any verse advocating that Christians should Tithe. - None.

The only time Jesus talked about tithing was when he indicated that it was a less important issue in the Law (Judaism) - Matt 23v23.

Christians all through the new testament were only encouraged to give of their own freewill.

True words there. See full article series on tithing here - http://www.acts1711daily.com/2012/10/02/israel-the-church-the-tithing-ordinance/
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by emalekuo(m): 10:26pm On Oct 17, 2012
Joagbaje: You ought to pay the tithe in the place where you worship. That doesn't take the place of giving to the poor . We must all remember the poor. If you dedicate a tenth or 20% of your income to the poor its good and acceptable but it does not take the place of your offerings to God and the place of tithes to God.There are several givings in Gods kingdom , one giving should not take the place of another .

Jesus even said that anyone who denies the parents their honorarium claiming since he had given to God he doesn't need to give to his parents again that such a one is not free.

Mark 7:11
But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
You are absolutely right, I asked a man of God and he said u must pay your tithe to the church you worship except God tells you to pay it else where. Tithe is different from helping the poor and also tithe is 10 percent and over if you wish to but helping has no minimum nor maximum.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by cuteonyii(m): 10:27pm On Oct 17, 2012
A-ZeD:

Do you pay tithes to the Pastor or to God? If you pay to God and not the Pastor, then where does God reside? Is it only in the church that we can find God? If we can find God outside of the church, can't we pay our tithes there?
Jesus says where two or three are gathered in my name, i am present. If God is therefore present when the two or three people are gathered, why can't i pay my tithe there?
Unless, you pay to the pastor, or you God is only found in churches.
Pls can you answer the question first of all before we move on?..and do we pay tax to jonathan, to okoracha, obi or elechi? or do we pay tax to nigeria as our country or imo, anambra and enugu as state?
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by plappville(f): 10:32pm On Oct 17, 2012
Ify Awazie: Ask urself, Is it wrong to give ur house rent to the poor? Tithe is for God not for the poor.

We are seeing how God has been spending the tithes right from heaven euhhh. Why the neglect of the all commandment of God and decided to keep the one that has to do with Money/argent? Where is the #4 in the ten commanment? Tithe is the most important. It has become a frequent song to some non ordained Pastors. And you must give them money and believe u are giving it to God?
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by emalekuo(m): 10:32pm On Oct 17, 2012
afam4eva:
I'm not even talking about whether a pastor is eating the tithe or not. What i'm asking is that, was it written explicitly that people must pay their tithes in a Church?
Malachi 3:10   Bring the full amount of your tithes to the Temple, so that there will be plenty of food there. Put me to the test and you will see that I will open the windows of heaven and pour out on you in abundance all kinds of good things. 11 I will not let insects destroy your crops, and your grapevines will be loaded with grapes.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by thelastPope(m): 10:36pm On Oct 17, 2012
beanos: When you pay your Tithe of
10%, You still have 90% left
with you. From there you can
still help the poor around you.
You don't rob peter to pay
paul.
The Law of Tithing.
Tithing is a commandment
from the Lord to give one-
tenth of all our increase, which
we understand to mean
income. Even Abraham paid
tithing,
"And it was this same
Melchizedek to whom
Abraham paid tithes; yea,
even our father Abraham paid
tithes of one-tenth part of all
he possessed."
When we obey the Law of
Tithing we are blessed.
Malachi 3:10 says, "Bring ye all
the tithes into the storehouse,
that there may be meat in
mine house, and prove me
now herewith, saith the LORD
of hosts, if I will not open you
the windows of heaven, and
pour you out a blessing, that
there shall not be room
enough to receive it." When
we don't pay tithing we are
stealing from God. "Will a man
rob God? Yet ye have robbed
me. But ye say, Wherein have
we robbed thee? In tithes and
offerings." ( Malachi 3: An
important part about
obedience to the Law of
Tithing is to pay it faithfully.
This means that we shouldn't
begrudge paying it, such as
grumbling in our hearts about
"having" to give money.
"There is a law, irrevocably
decreed in heaven before the
foundations of this world, upon
which all blessings are
predicated— And when we
obtain any blessing from God,
it is by obedience to that law
upon which it is predicated."
Meaning we
receive blessings by obeying
God's laws and when we obey
God's laws there are blessings
that go with it. Remember,
blessings can be spiritual,
temporal or both but are not
always given in the way we
expect. How to Calculate
Tithing Since tithing is one-
tenth of our increase, meaning
our income, we figure out how
much money, either weekly,
monthly, etc. and then times
that amount by 10%. You can
easily do this by dividing any
amount by 10. For example
take #50,000 divide it by ten
and the amount of tithing
would be
#5000.
Gaining a Testimony of
Tithing.
Personally I know that obeying
the law of tithing is a
wonderful financial blessing.
It's a privilege and a blessing
to pay tithing. As you put your
trust in the Lord and begin to
pay a faithful tithe of 10
percent of your income you
will gain your own personal
testimony from the law of
tithing.

Please do you mind if I ask a few questions?

1. Is there any other record of Abraham paying tithes?
2. Did Abrahan instruct his children to pay tithes?
3. Why did Jacob make a vow to give 10% of his increase or blessings to God? If he was supposed to pay it as tithes, why did he make it a vow again?
4. Do you know the children of Israel never paid tithes till they got to the promised land and tilled the ground?
5. Do you know that all that while they were blessed and nothing was denied them?
6. Do you know you cannot curse a new testament Christian and so Malachi 3;10 does not apply to a new testament Christian? Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law?
7. Do you know in the new testament, there is no prerequisite to being blessed else the sacrifice of Jesus will be incomplete? 1 Peter 1:4-5
8. Do you know the storehouse is not the temple? The storehouse were warehouses built in the major cities to store the food brought in as tithes and offerings.
9. Do you know tithe was never taking to the temple by the people and the priests did not receive tithes from the people? Only the levites received tithes from the people, not the priests?
10. Do you know the pastor is not equivalent to a priest? We are all priests and kings unto God according to Rev 5:10?
11. Do you know, there is not a single instruction in the new testament for you to pay tithe and have you ever asked why?
12. Do you think it is right to preach tithing from the old testament and ignore other laws like burning of incence and obeying the sabath?
13. Do you know the richest men in the world don't pay tithe and so the doctrine that if you don't pay tithe, you will not prosper financialy is false?

I will stop here for now.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by AZeD1(m): 10:39pm On Oct 17, 2012
cuteonyii: Pls can you answer the question first of all before we move on?..and do we pay tax to jonathan, to okoracha, obi or elechi? or do we pay tax to nigeria as our country or imo, anambra and enugu as state?
Tax in the uk is 50% for people that earn above a certain amount, while tax in Nigeria is less than 40%. Is tithe in the uk same as Nigeria? If yes then why is tax not the same? Is it the same God people in the UK and Nigeria pay tithe to? If yes why don't people in Nigeria and UK pay tax to the same Government.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by plappville(f): 10:41pm On Oct 17, 2012
emalekuo: You are absolutely right, I asked a man of God and he said u must pay your tithe to the church you worship except God tells you to pay it else where. Tithe is different from helping the poor and also tithe is 10 percent and over if you wish to but helping has no minimum nor maximum.

Then keep praying for God to show you where/how you should pay your tithe. Until He reveals it to you, the poor will be glad to recieve it grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by plappville(f): 10:46pm On Oct 17, 2012
emalekuo: Malachi 3:10   Bring the full amount of your tithes to the Temple, so that there will be plenty of food there. Put me to the test and you will see that I will open the windows of heaven and pour out on you in abundance all kinds of good things. 11 I will not let insects destroy your crops, and your grapevines will be loaded with grapes.

Dont you think this law is for the Jews alone, as Sabbath is for the Jews alone according to modern Christianity?
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by AZeD1(m): 10:49pm On Oct 17, 2012
plappville:

We are seeing how God has been spending the tithes right from heaven euhhh. Why the neglect of the all commandment of God and decided to keep the one that has to do with Money/argent? Where is the #4 in the ten commanment? Tithe is the most important. It has become a frequent song to some non ordained Pastors. And you must give them money and believe u are giving it to God?
Don't mind them. Its only when it comes to tithes that they remember the Old testament.
In the time of Malachi, there was only one temple and that was where the ark of the covenant was kept.
In the time of Malachi, people wore clothes of sack and ashes to atone for their sins.
In the time of Malachi, people sacrificed animals to God for so many reasons(forgiveness of sins/Blessings/Sabbath e.t.c)

They clearly never mention these or they say its the old testament and Christ had abolished it but yet still tell us tithing is a law we must follow.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by soledayo(m): 10:50pm On Oct 17, 2012
TITHE IS MEANT FOR GOD'S HOUSE OR TO GOD'S MINISTERS. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE USED FOR THE MAINTENANCE OF GOD'S HOUSE AND HIS MINISTERS' WELFARE. MINISTERS WHO USED IT WRONGLY FACE GOD'S JUDGEMENT.

IT IS NOT MEANT FOR THE POOR. GIFTS, YOUR OFFERING OR WHATEVER U WISH MIGHT BE GIVEN TO THE POOR BUT THE POOR BECAUSE OF THEIR STATUS SHOULD NOT TAKE THE PLACE OF GOD'S HOUSE AND HIS MINISTERS, HENCE TITHES ARE NOT MEANT FOR THEM.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by thelastPope(m): 10:51pm On Oct 17, 2012
emalekuo: Malachi 3:10   Bring the full amount of your tithes to the Temple, so that there will be plenty of food there. Put me to the test and you will see that I will open the windows of heaven and pour out on you in abundance all kinds of good things. 11 I will not let insects destroy your crops, and your grapevines will be loaded with grapes.

2 issues here:

Malachi didn't say bring tithes to the temple. He said to the storehouse. The storehouse is not the temple. They were warehouses built in the major cities for storing food crops.

This verse was never written to the new testament believer. If you obey this verse, then you have to obey every other law like keeping the sabbath.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by babestella: 10:51pm On Oct 17, 2012
Mcdondayan: Good day brothers and sisters in the lord. I have been pondering over this issue, and have asked some questions about it.
The bible tells us to give one tenth of our proceed to the lord and there are many promises attached to it. But if we look around us there are many poor people around us.
I have asked this same question to a clergy man and he said it is nt wrong because God is also in the poor. So i want to bring the same question to NL christains (not the brainwashed ones) who have proper reason to clear my doubt. IS IT WRONG TO GIVE OUR TITHE TO THE POOR?

Who do you classify as the poor. You are only decieving yourself. Don't pay tithe you hear. You can keep it in your house and when you pass by beggars you drop 10 naira note for each of them and go home rejoicing that ou have paid your tithe.

Listen, tithe must not be confused with offering and giving.

We must pay tithe in our place of worship which is a church.
Offering is what we giving in the church and God demands hat we bring of offerings.

Then, in giving, we can do that to help the poor, beggars, widows etc.

You can pay a tithe of 10,000 naira in the church, but in giving, you can give relief materials worth over 100,000 naira to the poor.

The tithe is used in developing the church, in church growth, buying of church equipments, chairs, etc.

I just tire for some dumb guys who try to twists the bible just to suit their selfish and rebellious heart

Just obey the word of God, don't try to be mathematical and scientific about it. Some Nigeria too get yeye sense that doesn't add up to nothing at the end of the day.

Go and pay your tithe, give your offerings and give to the needy. It is well.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by babestella: 10:54pm On Oct 17, 2012
soledayo: TITHE IS MEANT FOR GOD'S HOUSE OR TO GOD'S MINISTERS. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE USED FOR THE MAINTENANCE OF GOD'S HOUSE AND HIS MINISTERS' WELFARE. MINISTERS WHO USED IT WRONGLY FACE GOD'S JUDGEMENT.

IT IS NOT MEANT FOR THE POOR. GIFTS, YOUR OFFERING OR WHATEVER U WISH MIGHT BE GIVEN TO THE POOR BUT THE POOR BECAUSE OF THEIR STATUS SHOULD NOT TAKE THE PLACE OF GOD'S HOUSE AND HIS MINISTERS, HENCE TITHES ARE NOT MEANT FOR THEM.

Correct.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by plappville(f): 10:54pm On Oct 17, 2012
pak:

That was exactly what I did in my own case. and the Pastor(we had a close relationship) also explained why he continued to preach the Tithe message. Though, I didn't fully agree but I understood his points (had to do with the level of spiritual maturity of his flock . . .
.actually a topic for another day).

The only time Jesus talked about tithing was when he
indicated that it was a less important issue in the Law (Judaism) - Matt 23v23.

As the law got to do with Money, it cannot be for the Jews alone. Tithing law is one that has brought so much rapid spring up of false churches.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by thelastPope(m): 10:55pm On Oct 17, 2012
soledayo: TITHE IS MEANT FOR GOD'S HOUSE OR TO GOD'S MINISTERS. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE USED FOR THE MAINTENANCE OF GOD'S HOUSE AND HIS MINISTERS' WELFARE. MINISTERS WHO USED IT WRONGLY FACE GOD'S JUDGEMENT.

Where is this in the bible please. Why do you all keep saying things that you cannot substantiate in the bible. Please read deut 12 to 14 and the book of numbers to see what tithing was. There is tithing to the levites, strangers, poor, widows, orphans and ther is tithing you and your family were supposed to eat yourselves. Why are you quoting things from your head? Read your bible please.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by thelastPope(m): 10:58pm On Oct 17, 2012
babestella:

Who do you classify as the poor. You are only decieving yourself. Don't pay tithe you hear. You can keep it in your house and when you pass by beggars you drop 10 naira note for each of them and go home rejoicing that ou have paid your tithe.

Offering is what we giving in the church and God demands hat we bring of offerings.

You can pay a tithe of 10,000 naira in the church, but in giving, you can give relief materials worth over 100,000 naira to the poor.

The tithe is used in developing the church, in church growth, buying of church equipments, chairs, etc.

I just tire for some dumb guys who try to twists the bible just to suit their selfish and rebellious heart

Just obey the word of God, don't try to be mathematical and scientific about it. Some Nigeria too get yeye sense that doesn't add up to nothing at the end of the day.

Is this the Word of God or your opinion or your pastors opinion?
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by AZeD1(m): 10:59pm On Oct 17, 2012
babestella:

Can you give one example where someone paid tithes in the bible with cash?
Does church refer to the building or the people?
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by jimjones: 11:01pm On Oct 17, 2012
how the fark is the pastor supposed to acquire that G5 if we all went about giving our tithes to the poor? while it is true that if everybody in oledepo's church gave their tithes to the poor, they'd have halved or perhaps eradicated poverty from within that ministry; it is also true that oledepo nor for fit amass 4 private jets! so you see, just as the followers of jesus paid tithes to enable jesus acquire state-of-the-art chariots in order to speedily spread his gospel(mathew chapter oyakhilome verse adebole), it makes no sense to give to the poor. be wise. cool
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by plappville(f): 11:01pm On Oct 17, 2012
A-ZeD:

Don't mind them. Its only when it comes to tithes that they remember the Old testament.
In the time of Malachi, there was only one temple and that was where the ark of the covenant was kept.
In the time of Malachi, people wore clothes of sack and ashes to atone for their sins.
In the time of Malachi, people sacrificed animals to God for so many reasons(forgiveness of sins/Blessings/Sabbath e.t.c)

They clearly never mention these or they say its the old
testament and Christ had abolished it but yet still tell us tithing is a law we must follow.

When they say Christ cancel the sabbath and dietery law for example, its because they cannot adjust to practice these laws . So they select the one that is fast profitable. God is so patient infact.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Prophetic Picture Of The 2016 By D.K OLUKOYA / "Pastor Poured Liquid In My Private Part"; Woman Injured After Deliverance. PICS / Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.